Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:18:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: WELCOME to the Benefits Programs & HIV Forum!  (Read 24063 times)

Offline POZ Forum Moderators

• Global Moderator
WELCOME to the Benefits Programs & HIV Forum!
« on: October 04, 2010, 10:38:39 am »
Coming soon.

For further information on the POZ forums, including posting guidelines, please visit the Welcome Thread found in the Living with HIV forum.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:58:21 pm by iana5252 »
The POZ Forums Moderator Team

Offline JR Gabbard

• Union Jacks
Re: WELCOME to the Benefits Programs & HIV Forum!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 11:04:51 pm »
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen (and everyone else who doesn't identify with either of those labels),

My name is JR Gabbard.  Tim has asked me to help out as an expert poster on Social Security disability issues and other benefits matters, and I am more than happy to be of service if I can.  So please allow me to introduce myself (formally).  I have been an attorney in California since 2002, and HIV+ since 1984.  I have worked at several non-profit ASOs, and have successfully represented many HIV+ disability applicants against SSA.  I am also on SSDI, so I claim both professional and personal expertise with these issues.  I started a little project writing about SSDI/SSI a few years ago, but let it slide because I got too sick to carry on with it.  I still have it somewhere on the hard drive.  I'll see about making it available again.

But enough about me.

There's a whole lot of posts on this brand new forum, so it is going to take a while to make my way through them all to see if anything needs to be added or clarified (it happens sometimes).  New posts will be my first priority, second will be anything posted after Sept. 1, and then older stuff if needed.  

So if you have any questions about Social Security, SSDI, SSI, Medicaid, Medicare, ADAP or any other benefits-related questions, feel free to post them here.  This includes questions about your own situation, but be mindful that you are on the internet.  Also, I'm not taking new clients at this time, so if you need help I will refer you to a rep in your area.  But you are entitled to a second opinion (even if it comes first!)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:05:03 pm by Tim Horn »
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall, the major lift,
The baffled king composing Hallelujah!

L. Cohen

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.