Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 10, 2024, 02:01:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773099
  • Total Topics: 66327
  • Online Today: 351
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 327
Total: 329

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My place is clean  (Read 7396 times)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
My place is clean
« on: July 05, 2006, 02:39:27 am »
Ok, for most of you this isn't an exciting topic.  For me it is.   For the last couple months i've been in a severe sustiva funk.   I called in sick for 68 hours in June alone, which is what prompted my switching medications to viramune.

I couldn't do anything.   I didn't clean, barely washed clothes (enough to get me through work) and didn't clean up after puppy for all the paper bags she shredded... my place was a disaster.

I cleaned it today... took all of two hours or so for most of it... still have a bit to do in the kitchen, but i have to run the dishwasher for most of the remaining mess.

and I feel good.   I feel normal again... I am gonna blog about this, but going from being too tired to care, to being back to wanting a nice, neat, clean apartment makes me ecstatic.

I threw out a large pot today... I was scared to open it.   I had made hamburger helper a few weeks ago... and well... didn't like it... it sat on the stove for a few weeks... no way was i gonna open that up.

I can't believe how bad i let it get... I know it wasn't me doing it but the sustiva, but I still feel some personal fault.

It's hard to see out when you are in the hurricane.   Now, I'm back in clear skies.  I am so much happier... I have NO side effects on this new regimen of viramune/truvada.

at least none noticeable (except a teensy itch the first couple days).

I finally feel like me again.   It's nice to get reaquainted with myself.

Offline Nadine

Re: My place is clean
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 06:34:03 am »
Hey Bailey...I'm happy to hear that your feeling better. I have really been paying attention to what you've been going through lately.  My husband had been in a real funk lately also. Don't know whether or not to blame the sustiva. He woke up in the mornings feeling nervous, probably from the dreams, which he most of the time couldn't remember, he just knew that he had them. His work has also been kinda of crappy lately, just to add to his stress! His doc gave him something to help him sleep and since then he has been OK. He wakes in the morning feeling good, so we'll see how this goes for a while.
He has been on sustiva since October and I figured any side effects like this would have showed up already, but I guess that's not always true.

I would have done the same thing about throwing that pot out, I have never had to throw a pot away, but I have thrown tupperwares away from the fridge when I was scared to look in them!

Enjoy your clean apartment!

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 09:49:10 am »
Ok, for most of you this isn't an exciting topic.

You hit that on the head

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 10:06:57 am »
OK, being slightly anal about such things, I can fully understand the joys of cleaning.

I have been remodeling my kitchen, so haven't been able to clean as usual. It drives me crazy, but I just don't have the energy to scrape the mastic from the kitchen floor and then clean everything again.

Good work Bailey. I'm glad you are out of the funk and back under clear skies.

HUGS,

Mark

(Who also would have been afraid to open the pot.)
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 12:36:47 pm »
Hamburger Helper ??? oh God ,   You WERE in a bad place....  Glad youre better now,
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 01:34:43 pm »
Bailey,

Great to hear you are out of the Sustiva's nightmare and now into the gentle's dreams of Viramune. I'm aware Viramune can be nasty to some people but overall it seems this drug is generally well tolerated and quite efficient too.

A clean Dingo must be an happy Dingo huh...and a very happy Dingo will be quite a riot in Montreal...getting scared for the guys who will jingle their junks in front of ya'.  8)

Kidding aside..nice to hear things are going well for you.  :)

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline Christine

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 06:48:05 pm »
I understand, I like a clean house too! I would have most definatly thrown that pot out also. Week old hamburger helper....that's scary!  :o

Glad your feeling better,
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 08:20:43 pm »
Hello Bailey

Being Anal, like Mark, I also am kind of a clean freak. It's amazing how many tasks/projects can be accomplished, simultaneously. Different days of the week, are differant home projects.While the washer and dryer are running  other things,are being done. I really have quite a schedule, to work throughout the house.

Glad to hear that your getting back in the swing of things. :)

Ray
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 08:22:26 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Basquo

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 08:34:21 pm »
Since my "fireworks" were Monday, I spent the 4th cleaning, too!  iViva! fresh vaccuum tracks!

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 11:45:03 pm »
*giggles madly*  I just have a mini shark

and let me tell you... vacumming the whole place is a bitch with a handheld  :-\

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 06:58:25 am »
congratulations on The Big Clean  :)

that is a very nifty little dustbuster thingy you've got there...would be good for toast and biscuit crumbs, I imagine.

No idea what Hamburger Helper is, or quite why/how a minced beef product might require assistance...but glad you got the issue resolved!

Kate

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 09:37:30 am »

Well...I'm a neat freak type too.  Also I'm very organized.  Some have poked fun at me for this (and a few in my time have outright criticized me...though I can't figure what earthly impact it had on them personally?)

Okay so I might be a little obsessive/compulsive about it...but it's not a felony last time I checked  ;D  The upside is that everything's done and on time.  Though I hate doing housework...partially because it's fatiguing...I always do it and this place is always clean.  For me...it's the only way I can function.

Gary
Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 10:01:25 am »
No idea what Hamburger Helper is, or quite why/how a minced beef product might require assistance...but glad you got the issue resolved!

Kate, HH is a boxed product containing dry pasta (rotelli or fusilli, usually) and a flavor packet high in MSG and colorings. When cooked with ground beef, HH becomes a high sodium casserole

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 12:31:26 pm »
Kate, HH is a boxed product containing dry pasta (rotelli or fusilli, usually) and a flavor packet high in MSG and colorings. When cooked with ground beef, HH becomes a high sodium casserole

Thank you for the explanation...! This reinforces my belief that Sustiva is truly The Dark Side Of The Moon (and not in the pink floyd sense)

Glad you found your way back, Bailey.

Kate

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 04:59:40 pm »

As unappetizing as you make it sound... it is just that.

At the end of the month, I usually end up making a batch of Hamburger Helper. Each and every time, its like putting salty meat paste in my mouth. I pretend I am on a space mission and am eating rations.

Ironically, they put it in my bag of food every other week, from the food pantry. For people with HIV, many of whom are grappling with health issues both related to HIv and HAART, it's a really, seriously unhealthy option. Then again, so is not eating five days out of the month.

Dingo, I am glad your place is clean. Lets hope this is a step towards seriously brighter times :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.