Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:47:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 387
Total: 387

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Seroconvert after 9th week??  (Read 7708 times)

Offline richiezhang

Seroconvert after 9th week??
« on: January 24, 2009, 09:46:00 am »
Hi, all:

I searched the forum but didn't manage to find something in similar to fit my case and hence would like to hear what experienced moderators say.

Although I believe my case is of a low risk one,it still bothers me from at times. It was 2 month ago in a spa massage center while I was travelling. I hugged the lady when we were on the massage bed. I was entirely naked while she was dressed. She asked me if I wanted to be masturabted and she said she could't do penetrative sex as she was having her period. I immediately became concerned. I refused the offer and even stopped the massage session right away as I concerned if her period blood which could permeated through her underwear and touched my urethra to form an infection. After I came back home, I became really paronoid and guilty (I'm married) about the hugging which we did when I was fully naked.  I worry that it may constructs any way of getting HIV from her period blood if she is positive!

I kept worrying about the hugging we did on the bed and there might be time when my penis indeed touched her underwear or whereever her period blood could've permeated through. I decided to go to test HIV eventually at 6th week, 8th week and last week 9th week and they were all negative (rapid test at clinic). But still I have two questions:

1) How do you think of my risk?
2) How likely to turn positive at 13th week while having 3 negative results at 6th, 8th and 9th week's mark? Can I just live with this 9th week's negative and go on with life?

lots of appreciation for your answers..Thanks,
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:48:49 am by richiezhang »

Offline RapidRod

Re: Seroconvert after 9th week??
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 10:25:27 am »
At no time were you at risk of contracting HIV. Take the time to read the lesson on transmission. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline richiezhang

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 10:29:05 am »
thanks, there. how about possibility of seroconver after 9th week for a healthy individual (I am just turning into 30's) as my 2nd question concerns?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 10:32:43 am »
You did not have a risk. End of discussion....

Offline richiezhang

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 10:45:25 am »
Fair enough, Rapidrod. As a general question on seroconversion, could I also hear a word or two from experienced moderators?

many thanks in advances.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 10:49:54 am »
Read the lessons on transmission and testing.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 11:20:08 am »
You didn't have a low risk for HIV transmission. You had NO RISK WHATSOEVER. PERIOD!

As Rod suggested, you need to read our lesson on Transmission. No one can afford to be ill-informed about HIV because it's going to be around for a longtime to come. Essentialy, the only real and proven risks sexually for HIV are through unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Everything else is strictly theoretical as far as risk is concerned. Use latex condoms properly and you will be well protected.

What you were apparently at high risk for was guilt. It's a common situation we run into here with straying partners. It has nothing to do with the kinds of real risks I have identified above. You have no cause to be concerned about HIV nor any need for testing. Give it up and get on with your life.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline richiezhang

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 12:11:26 pm »
Thanks, Andy..

Cheers,

Offline richiezhang

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 07:20:57 am »
dear all:

I guess i will stop engaging in any massage activities which i normally do.I freak out again!.what happened to me today is i went to a massage center and ordered a massage. Nothing happened even not a handjob. I was wearing a paper underwear, a shorts given by the spa. The massage lady from time to time sat on my back and legs when she was doing massage. Everything was ok until the ending i realised that she didnt wear any underwear but only a skirt. I have no idea if there was any discharge or whatever from her virgina but there are contact of her virgina to my skins (legs and back).

my concerns for HIV transmission are:

1) When she was sitting on my buttock (her virgina to my clothes contact)
2) When she was sitting on each of my legs (her virgina to my legs skin contact) - I could feel the heat when she was sitting on my legs. i was wondering why until i realised that she didnt have a underwear. Probably due to sweat or any possible discharge from her virgina??if there is any discharge containing HIV, could it be pressed through my intact skin to go into my blood stream?

3) Could she touch her virgina during massage and passed it through my skin when she was pressing my back, legs and neck?

I don't have any obvious cuts on my body at all maybe some red marks on my shoulder (back) due to scraching by myself in the past but they were all healed almost( not too sure how open the cut is needed for the virus to go in). I am really worried..

how do you all think? many many thanks!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 07:48:48 am by richiezhang »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 08:01:38 am »
Richie,

Hiv is transmitted by unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, not by being sat on, not even if she were dripping in vaginal fluid.

Once again, you haven't had a risk. Keep posting over these NO RISK massage incidents and you'll quickly be given a time out. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline richiezhang

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 08:13:02 am »
ok. just to clarify, HIV virus in vaginal discharge won't travel through intact skin even there was pressure given on it (i.e, rubbing her vaginal againt my legs skin). Am I right?

cheers,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 08:41:39 am »
Richie,

I do know what happens during a massage when the masseuse sits on you. I took into account that there was pressure.

NO RISK!

Skin is a very effective barrier against hiv infection.

Keep posting over these NO RISK massage incidents and you'll quickly be given a time out. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline richiezhang

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 09:36:34 pm »
Ann and Andy:

This is gonna be my last post with my final doubt. I do appreciate greatly your kind answer.

I mentioned that I had a 2cm long scratch on my back(a line). It is a red mark and never bleeding before and now. I don't feel great pain when I touch it but I do feel it different from touching the rest of the skin on my back especially when i put some water on it.It is basically due to scratch by myself hence the red mark is formed. my question is if the vaginal fluid (with HIV virus) comes into contact with this part of my skin on the back, will it form any infection to me?

thank you very much for your patience.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 09:41:21 pm »
No, that would not be a risk. And if you are concerned about it then discuss it with your doctor.

I'm going to remind you that Ann has warned you that you are on the verge of Time Out. You have no sound basis in HIV science to be concerned about your HIV status. Period.

Get on with your life. Just always use latex condoms for vaginal/anal intercourse and you will be well protected sexually as far as HIV is concerned.

Now get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline richiezhang

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 09:45:09 pm »
Thanks, Andy always! have a great evening!

Best Regards

Offline richiezhang

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 09:33:41 pm »

Skin is a very effective barrier against hiv infection.

To Ann:

Just to clarify, when you mentioned skin is a very effective barrier against HIV infection as above, does the red scratches on my back due to itchness fall into the skin which you refered? These red scratches never bled and there was no discharge from the scratches at all, but 3 days after the massage, the scratches become thin scabs.
I am quite worried as if there is no broken skin/cuts, why the scratches became scabs after 3 days...

In short, even there was HIV+ vaginal fluid came into contact to this red scratches on that day, it won't form any HIV infection, am I correct?if so,what kind of broken skin/open cut does HIV infection specificially refer to?

thank you for your confirmation and I will definitely put this behind me after I hear from you. Thanks
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:44:07 pm by richiezhang »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 09:37:06 pm »
At no time did you have a risk in the situation you've provided. You need to go back and read the "Welcome" thread and the posting guidelines.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 07:10:34 am »
Richie,

We understood that you had scratches on your back when you were sat on by the masseuse. Our answer is not going to change:

NO RISK!

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.