Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:11:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 343
Total: 344

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Part IV: The Grooviest Hen Party Going  (Read 66392 times)

Offline emeraldize

Re: Dating Part IV: The Grooviest Hen Party Going
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2007, 09:35:42 pm »
Hey Hens!

I have this quick little item to share. Several days ago, I wrote the following to a Poz Personals poster...

I don't want to hurt your feelings and maybe I'm way off base for even writing, but I do know marketing. If you are not getting many responses, you might want to try changing your photo. Most women are not attracted to someone who includes a nearly full nudity photo. Why not put something on that you'd wear when taking someone out to dinner? Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not interested in connecting with you--age, location and interests are not a match. However, I am interested in helping people with blind spots when it comes to marketing themselves. Best of Luck.

And, today, I got a reply from him. It read. " Thank you." I went to his profile, he was smartly dressed in a black shirt and seated in an art-filled setting.  I wrote to tell him his profile looks great, I hope he gets lot of replies, and, that I appreciate his open-mindedness.

I've noticed this upper chest-exposed photo phenomena in a number of the male profiles. Maybe cause they'd like to see some skin they figure we would, too?

Anyhoo, it's been a while since we've had a lite topic---just tossing it in the feed bin. Pecs for the pecking? Braaaaaaaawk, brawk, brawk, brawk.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 09:37:49 pm by emeraldize »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2007, 10:05:30 pm »
Sorry if I am bringing the mood down with my problems. That was not my intention at all but just needed to vent. I guess I am making things heavy around here so I will refrain from saying anymore about what I am going through. I will do what I do best and keep it to myself. I will not post anything else unless it is of a good nature. But since I am not feeling of a good nature, this will prolly be my last post here for awhile. I will still be around but just not posting. Good Luck to you Ladies.....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2007, 10:24:59 pm »
Sorry if I am bringing the mood down with my problems. That was not my intention at all but just needed to vent. I guess I am making things heavy around here so I will refrain from saying anymore about what I am going through. I will do what I do best and keep it to myself. I will not post anything else unless it is of a good nature. But since I am not feeling of a good nature, this will prolly be my last post here for awhile. I will still be around but just not posting. Good Luck to you Ladies.....
                                                                                             Queen, please don't shut us out. I haven't meet you in person but I consider you my friend and friends vent with friends and share the ups and downs of life. I know things are rough but keep posting , negative or positive. That's what we are here for. Love.  Cristy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2007, 10:43:17 pm »
GQ: Holy chickens! We've been with you throughout this series of sisters, housing, gasshole events, posted our support, ideas, etc. and because I posted something "lite" you took it personally?  I realize you're in sensitive waters these days, but don't misconstrue something so chatty as being in any way an indirect message. Your post comes off as punishing me for bringing up something different. I don't think that's what you intend, but that is how it reads.

For obvious reasons, I think it would be far better if you continue posting than pull back. Try to put it in perspective. Queen, you of all people, with your wonderful, whacky sense of humor, should be able to understand the benefit of sharing the silly tidbits as well as the terrors.

I hope you rethink your decision as this has never been a thread with any rules about content. Why would that suddenly change today?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:45:10 pm by emeraldize »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2007, 11:29:06 pm »
GQ: Holy chickens! We've been with you throughout this series of sisters, housing, gasshole events, posted our support, ideas, etc. and because I posted something "lite" you took it personally?  I realize you're in sensitive waters these days, but don't misconstrue something so chatty as being in any way an indirect message. Your post comes off as punishing me for bringing up something different. I don't think that's what you intend, but that is how it reads.

For obvious reasons, I think it would be far better if you continue posting than pull back. Try to put it in perspective. Queen, you of all people, with your wonderful, whacky sense of humor, should be able to understand the benefit of sharing the silly tidbits as well as the terrors.

I hope you rethink your decision as this has never been a thread with any rules about content. Why would that suddenly change today?

No, but you did make me realize Em, is that of late all I have been posting has been whining and complaining. I don't want to be the voice of doom or bad news which is all I have been reporting as of late. I am not punishing you for anything, if that is the way you took it then what do you expect me to say? By all means, say something different, I just won't be posting anything here for awhile because at the moment I am not feeling chatty or has anything nice to say. How I feel right now, no one would want to hear what I have to say and has been known to have the mouth of a sailor if not worse, especially when I am upset. And like the cliche goes, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. I am sure w/ me going into the shadows that this thread will live and go on. With the way things are going for me at this moment, my perspective is a bit slanted to say the least. I don't have any jokes that would make my situation funny or happy.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2007, 11:41:09 pm »
Hi Ladies

Moon-  I am dying to know how did your interview go?  I am sure you knocked their socks off. 

Em-   I liked your post about the guys and the picture they post.  I could not have said it better.  Good Job

Talk to you guys soon.

K

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2007, 08:33:10 am »
What is it with this site? Or my connection? I wrote a lengthy response re: GQ, ML, SS and after I hit post, it moved to Bad Gateway and the page of links--- no time to redo.

Summary Version.

GQ. Please post. Sailor mouth or not. Who the fuck here has ever cared how you've said/written anything? You're beloved for NOT filtering and always have been. You're in a serious time. No one expects you to come up with laughs. I know someone in your area, who is highly connected and a long-timer in social services. If we move into PM mode, and you give me a few details, I can seek her input without compromising your identity. If she can't advise as to how to navigate, then no one can.

ML. Our engines are idling as we wait to hear of the dealership trip. I hope it went well.

SS. Thanks much. It was a fun trial balloon. What is up with Cops 1, 2 and Anyone New?

Drag. Going back a bit. Thanks, I wish I were super-balanced. I am working on it. If if I'm allowed to be her mom, I think it will help me to grow up in ways I have yet to do and I look forward to helping her grow up. When I look at her picture, knowing she has no one solely devoted to her, it inspires me. She's a little trooper.

My second interview is Friday a.m.   I'm most hopeful.

Cristy, Betty, Camille, Ann, Blessed, and everyone else--I'm thinking Arby's. No, wait, I'm thinking Hen House 2008. Glad we have a place to be free range.

Em

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2007, 01:48:11 pm »
Hi GFs~

I was posting last night and the lost the entire thing as well!  I almost always copy my post before I "post" it, been burned (barbecued) too many times before.

I wanted to also say that Queen, take a couple of days to lurk and regroup, but certainly DON'T REFRAIN from posting cause of a sailor mouth!  What you have to say about your goings-on helps us.  It helps me personally, as I have thought about SSDI a lot lately and what the consequences of that would be.  You are in the thick of it, living on SSDI, and your experiences and battles prove to be very interesting to me.  It also shows great strength on your part, you know that.   :)

I went to the dealership, and thank goodness doofus Andy didn't interview me.  He was about 28 years old and rude.  I was definitely shining when I went in, better manners than most of the slugs I saw sitting around.  Then again, they were all young men who made a lot of money, for the most part, and the attitude was just so.....awful, and laughable.  It made me feel confident.

Anyway, the general sales manager ended up speaking with me for about 30 minutes.  I had a lot to ask.  I told him that I had never sold cars before, but I hoped that my common sense and customer service from other jobs would be beneficial.  It basically left off with him giving me his card.  He said to think about it and to call him back.  We could have a  second talk if I decided I really wanted to do this. 

What gets me is this.  If selling cars earns so much money, why isn't everyone doing it?  I asked the mgr what the commission rate was and he said 18% for the first 5 cars per month, and then it goes up to 25%.  WHAT?!?!?!?   That is a shitload of money.  If I sold one Toyota Camry a week at $25000, you mean to tell me my commission is $4500 x 4 units for a month?  That sounded too good to be true, so my father is helping me to investigate.  He has friends in the biz, one who owns a dealership, actually.  Also, I found out from Dad that when he and my mother leased her Honda a couple of months ago, they had a FEMALE salesperson.  Dad is going to call her as well.  I may track her down myself and talk to her.  I have to, to hear firsthand how it is.

On a good note, the dealership I interviewed at is newly relocated and expanded, and they are selling 300 - 400 units per month.  Lets just say 300 units.  They have 22 salespeople and can't keep up with the business, which means I am guaranteed to sell cars.  Like Drag posted earlier, I have nothing to lose.  They send you to classroom training for a week, which would be a shitty commute, but its only a week.  Next, you have 10 days orientation/training at the dealership before you can sell.  Worst case, I could try this, get some money in my pockets, and if I burnout, then I leave.  The mgr asked how I felt about the hours etc, and I said I only lived a few miles away so no commute, but I admitted I had never worked a 60-70 hour week.  I imagine there is a lot of downtime, even though he said "they kept you busy"  following up with customers via telephone.  I am so damn efficient, I think I would have down time.  Worst thing is I would get bored.  So what.  To make that kind of income for a few months, trying my hand at a new career, and getting the bills paid?  I can't not try it.

Just thought of something.  I have COBRA through a former employer.  ADAP covers this $300/month premium.  I would have to make sure I could stay with this job before dropping the COBRA benefits, cause then I would have nothing.  I think.  I'll have to check.  Maybe I could keep COBRA while at the dealership.  Shit I don't know, so many questions.

Stone was so cute yesterday.  He sent an email asking me out for Saturday, and said "its not that I can't see you before then, I just thought we could see each other Saturday for sure."  LOL  We still talk every night.  We're doing well.  I just hope he wants to take it to the next level.  We talk as friends and we flirt, but I'm not sure how close (mentally and emotionally) he wants to get.  I think he just needs a little time, given his past.

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2007, 03:39:21 pm »
Great news Cin!  Definitely investigate things first, but keep us posted as to what you decide to do! 

Queen, don't stop posting because you think you have nothing nice to say.  You know, what you posts helps other people (meaning me) no matter what it is you say.  It lets me know I'm not the only one who struggles. 

Today is kind of a blue day.  I went and did my father's shopping for him (he's living by himself) and it was weird to be in that house without my mom being there.  Just made me really sad.  Other than that, nothing spectacular.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline msoftie

« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2007, 11:06:53 pm »
Hi gals - just lurking tonight - but had to interject a small question/thought:

Prospective Lady Carsalesperson (wink):
  I'm curious to hear about how the auto sales position works out, or not.  I think the commission sounds way high... are you sure that isn't 25% of the car price minus true dealer invoice cost?  That would make more sense.  That would have you trying to sell cars at Retail pricing vs. reducing the price, thus your commission...  Let us know what you find out.  I always wanted to know more about the dealings of those salespeople!  It'll make me a more savvy consumer on my next car shopping 'experience'.  I've bought a lot of cars in my past - and it's such a dreadful thing to go through... "I'll go ask my Sales Mgr. to see if I can get you a better deal" - What a bunch of BS to go through, you know?

BTW - I did buy my last car from a woman, INTENTIONALLY. :)

Sorry I don't have more comments tonight - I'm wiped - dizziness is my new 'friend' tonight - totally sober too!
Ciao for now!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2007, 11:37:56 pm »
Well ladies......You asked for it even though I am a bit calmer today even though the situation is moving at a snail's pace. I appreciate that you all still want me to post even though I am feeling like a royal bitch.... ;D Hey, I made a funny...Like Ralph Malph from Happy Days use to say, "I still got it"...Not sure if you ladies overseas gets Happy Days....So here's the update....

If you remember when I went to the gas company on Monday, they gave me a letter of denial for service at the new place due to a previous gas bill at an address I never lived at. But I knew who lived there, my nephew. Anyhoo, they gave me an Identity Theft paper to fill out and get notarized as well as file a police report. I did all that and turned it in Tuesday plus showing them the lease from where I am now which I have been for almost 2 years. The lady's response, we will investigate it and get back with you. That just didn't sit well with me because even with me providing the proof I did, she still treated me like I was the one committing fraud.

Of course, I woke up calling the PUC which stands for the Public Utilities Commission. I explained to them the situation and I got the same response as the gas company, We'll investigate it and get back with you. While at my future room mate's residence, we were talking about the situation and they suggested I call the electric company to find out if the same was done with them which it wasn't but once I explained the situation to the woman at the electric company, she gave me the number to the Federal Trade Commission and told me to tell them what was going on and they would investigate it too. My roomie also suggested that I call my case worker at the Assistance Office. I called about 30 minutes before he was due to leave and was expecting a call back the following day but was surprised when he called back 15 minutes before he was due to clock out which is rare. I told him what was going on and he looked up the LIHEAP application under my social. Come to find out I hadn't filled out an application since 2003 but for the address of where my nephew lived, applications were forged in my name for 2005 and 2006. He said he would have to make his supervisor aware of the situation but told me I would have to come down to the office and sign paperwork declaring that it was not me. I was beyond pissed and more to the tune of livid. The minute I open my eyes tomorrow I will be on the phone with the Federal Trade Commission. Hopefully they can make the gas company get off their asses and once they figure out their mistake, I would like a written apology. I don't think that is too much to ask. But I also want my nephew charged with fraud and get locked up for it. Since it is federal fraud committed, I want him to get locked up. I think my sister is the one who signed my name to the application because she lied and said she saw the application and she knows my handwriting but according to the gas company the only way I could see the actual application is to have a subpeona, I prolly spelled that wrong but you know what I mean.

I am still waiting to hear back from my case manager over at my ASO because she is trying to get some funding to pay part of my security deposit and part of the 1st months rent. I have the money for this already and told her this but says if I qualify that I will still be given the money. That money will be going towards October's rent which is a blessing in itself because October is my son's Bday and he wants Madden 08 which is a football game that is running 50 bucks plus I would like to get him something else.

I really appreciate that you ladies can appreciate my rather blunt if sometimes ghetto way of saying things or saying things the average person wouldn't say. But you all are right, you have been here with me from the beginning and it wouldn't be fair to push you guys away now. I usually push because I have a temper when upset and I can be mean at times. So instead of being mean to any of you, I would rather have walked away and not say anything. You all are the sisters I should've had and I consider you sisters from another mother. Not sure if you are familiar with the saying or not. I will keep you updated...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2007, 11:58:45 pm »
Hi GF's

Moon- I am glad to hear the your interview went well and you are looking into things before jumping in, but then on the other hand what do you have to loose.

EM- Well things are getting interesting with the man front, when it rains it pours.  Cop #1 called me today and we are suppose to talk tonight.  I had to distance my self from him because the emotions were just to strong.  I plan to be very open with him and let him know where I am coming from.  So lets see if he calls tonight.  He said that he was going to a BBQ tonight with some of the guys and would call me later.  I told him I did not care how late it was but really wanted to talk with him and if he did not call me I would be mad.  He said no worries he would for sure call me.

Cop #2 Called me yesterday and wanted to know if he could call me after he put the kids to bed.  I said yes, but he never did call me.  My guess is it got to late and he did not want to wake me since he knew that I had to work at 7am.  I talked to my friend who is friends with him and neither one of them know that I + and she said that he hopes that when I do go to see him he wants to take the time to get to know someone before being intimate.  I could not agree more because now I can also take the time to get to know him and can enjoy our time without have to worry about telling him my status.  I have always been one to jump into relationships for the fear of being alone and hence how I got in my position.  After my last relationship ended a month ago with someone who was + I decided to put me first and take my time with the next relationship in hopes that if the person was negative they would get to know me and when I did tell them it would not be a big deal.  

Now for new business.  I have been talking to this guy who from his pictures seems like a cutie.  We have been emailing every day and sending long emails back and forth.  He claims to be very open minded on just about everything and is willing to take one day at a time.  We have not met due to our schedules but are hoping to meet soon.  I told him that I am not ready to jump into a relationship and he said that he is very patient and is willing to take our friendship or relationship at whatever speed I wanted.  So we will see how things go after we meet.  Due to his vacations and mine we will no be able to meet for a few weeks.  

My ex-boyfriend called me today as well.  I was with him when I found out that I was +.  He was very supportive but he was not grown up and responsible in many ways and that is why we broke up.  We have remained friends and can never forget the support that he has given me since I found out that I was +.  He told me that he really misses me and wants chat with me tonight.  So I am not sure what that is about.  

So tonight I may be juggling 3 phone calls, I hope not all at once I will keep you posted.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2007, 01:18:09 am »
Hi GFs~

I'm scared about this job thing, something is telling me that a 60-70 hour week is too much.  I'm sitting on the car thing for awhile in order to digest it some.

I got an email through positivesingles.com tonight from someone in my town.  The email started out, "Hi Cindy, I met you a few weeks ago when we went to see that band....."  I am wondering WHO in the hell did I meet that is ALSO on positivesingles.com?  I am hoping its the tall brother, Jeff, but I finish the email and its signed by a female.  This girl that was hanging out with my childhood friend that night just found out that she has herpes.  She wanted to meet people in the area and she saw my pic, hence she knows about my HIV.  She lives less than a mile from my house, is my age and has kids.

I called her tonight and we both started crying on the phone.  We ended up talking for two hours and we are going to get together this weekend.  I am happy to have a GF nearby.  Everyone is either busy or far away, but this girl is reaching out and I think its really cool.  I told her herpes isn't the end of the world, that a lot of people have it and it can be lived with.  So, I have a new buddy and I am excited!  The band we like is going to be in town on 9/8 so maybe she and I can go slam in the pit together!

I am going to see Stone on Thursday and Friday cause his bitch ex-wife switched plans on him.  She goes out of town a lot and if its when she has their son, she'll leave him with another family.  Stone doesn't like that, so he ends up taking him.  Its not going to be any easier, his ex is very materialistic and only cares about labels and the people she's seen with, the places she goes.  She needs to be hit by a bus.

Em~  Sorry to jump the gun the other day with the NIH link.  I looked more closely today and saw it said Frederick on it, so I looked into some things, and applied to a job in my town.  I wanted to say THANK YOU for your help with that.  We'll see where it goes!

Edited to add:  Got a flirt in poz personals from "toyota02" in NJ, must be my theme of late, with the dealership and all!   :D

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 01:22:43 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2007, 07:29:41 am »
Queen-
  I am glad you decided against the idea to stop posting.  You really do help me realize that I'm not the only one with any problems.  And I know you're a strong woman and can handle things as they come up.  I also hope your ASO gets the paperwork and approval done for the financial help.  I hope your nephew gets held responsible also, and your sister too for that matter.  What they did was so wrong. 
  Cin- It must feel really great to have a GF close by who shares a few similar health concerns with you.  I have a best friend who has Hep C.  I used to have a best friend with AIDS, but she died years ago.  I really miss her.

Tonight starts a new class for me.  "Introduction to Philosophy."  I've heard that I'm going to like it.  So we'll see.  I might see that girl again today, the one I posted about way back.  She wants me to come over and see "The Fog."  Queen, did you ever see that movie and what did you think of it?  Apparently this girl is somewhat of a horror movie buff, and she said it's an excellent movie.  Saturday is my granddaughter's 7th birthday.  I still haven't gotten her anything, as I'm not really sure what it is 7-year olds like nowadays.  Maybe a gift card to Wal-Mart, even though I really don't like that "institution."  I hope you all have a good day.
Peace-
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2007, 07:52:52 am »
Hello ladies.   queen , glad you posted. I feel the same way. You are my sisters from other mothers and I love ya'll.  Sorry you are having to deal with all that shit. That's really messed up but you know family will screw you quicker than anyone else.                                   ML, glad you made a friend close by. The car dealership thing sounds good. Hope it works out for you.                                  SS , you go girl.  Hope one of those fellas work out for you.                                        Betty , it's really great that you help your dad like that. Makes it kinda hard that she's not there but at least he has you to help.                         I am not having much luck in the dating department, I QUIT again, for a couple days at least.    My baby started School for real today. I am crushed. He is in Pre-K but at his same school he will be attending for the next 5 years. I am worried about him, normal I know, he is so sweet and innocent. I'm having a hard time letting go. I want to protect him from the cruel world and can't.  Today I have my final checkup from my hysterectomy so my mom will get him off the bus. I still have internal stitches and they should have dissolved by now. I will make sure I tell her about it. Other than that, I have healed quite well. Now I am in heat and can't do anything about it. Oh well.           Em. drag, all the rest of you ladies, hope you have a good day.   Love ya'll.   Cristy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2007, 11:19:49 am »
Hello ladies,

Queen, pls feel free to keep sharing and don't mind the sailor mouth, I have heard worse! Or the ghetto vibe... you're our ghetto superstar! I just feel bad that I can't consult. I mean I have experience but it does not relate to the US, every countrts different. Looks like you are doing what you should be doing - contacting whoever needs to be and getting things in motion. You will have identity theft to add to your sister's list of "achievements" and if anyone wonders why she's going around saying you are poz you can add that in to make her look slightly more unreliable...

But seriosuly it is a very tough one and no laughing matter.

Here it is very rainy and cold, I can count the number of sunny days this year on one hand, and this is also a result of global warming - all the rain is pushed to this side of the world. Mi Hombre is in another country for a few days, so I have time to sit alone and comtemplate... this combines with work, which I have really, really let go of in the past months. It was bound to happen sometime. I am just chilling, I can't be stressed anymore, the last 1.5 years, especially the first year, was an incredible rollercoaster of stress. It's like a part of me rebels against it.

The I read about other people and feel connected.

ps yes ML, 60-70 hours is an awful lot. I had no idea people have to work like that. Here, that would be illegal. But it also depends what they ential, but it looks like these guys just eat, work and sleep, when do they live? You did a supercool thing though by going to find out about it. Now you have do decide... and is there no options of working lesser hours. if even for a lower pay?

Until the next time, good luck everyone and good vibrations.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2007, 12:40:49 pm »
Hi GFs~

I couldn't sleep last night!  Ugh!  I didn't want to take a Benadryl cause it knocked me out Tuesday all the way through yesterday afternoon.  I'm still experimenting.  I have been very good to my neck and have been on the treadmill, too.  I go to the massage therapist today for 30 minutes.

Betty~  I have a niece who will be 7 on 9/9.  The latest rage is anything to do with the movie "High School Musical."  My mom says its kinda like how the Mickey Mouse Club used to be for us.  Mom is getting my niece a High School Musical alarm clock, cause that's what she asked for, lol!  Cute at age 7!  Glad to hear you're meeting with Salad Girl again, as I fondly remember her, lol!  Let us know how it goes, and don't worry too much about high-maintenance, its better than no maintenance at all, right?  ;)

Cristy~  The little one is going to pre-K.  I remember my mom couldn't wait to get me out of the house.  At age 2,  I was already a hellion and too big for my britches, so to speak, lol!  What I wouldn't give to be 2 again and not know a damn thing about anything, even for a day.  I don't think you work every day, right?  So, you'll have time to get a few things done around the house and run errands while your little one is in school.  It'll be a little "break" for you, so that you can keep your sanity, and he'll be back before you know it.  Its a good balance for both of you.  I didn't know you had a hysterectomy, sorry that I missed that.  I think I had read about surgery and being "in heat"  (lol) before, but thought you had something minor done.  I am too scared to even have a D&C and I am avoiding it at all costs.  That shit scares me, being diabetic and all.

Dragonette~  What I wouldn't give for cold weather and rain.  It has been hot and extremely dry here on the east coast this summer.  Only good thing is that the grass hasn't grown much.  I don't think I've mowed the front yard in close to a month, although I'll be doing that tomorrow, most likely.  As far as jobs here, an average job is a 40-hour week, but in sales, like with cars, its long days.  I don't know, the money and the idea that I probably could sell cars had me all excited.  I just keep thinking I know better and really just want a simple job where I can have a normal routine.  If I can live off of unemployment which is $1600 a month (although barely "live") then I should be OK with a low-paying job.  Its just the idea of never getting ahead in this world with my pay topping out that pisses me off.  Now I just have to worry about a great resume that makes people think I am overqualified, so no one is biting.  I'll check the paper tomorrow and see what comes up.  Sigh, I know I'll just get pissed with low pay, but I have to do something.

Going to take Cheech for a ride to the gas station, need gas for the lawnmower and the Jeep.  Then I'll have a lazy afternoon getting ready for my massage, and then off to see Stone and the diabetic doggie tonight.  Still bleeding from my messed up cycle, its about day 12 now.  Only a trace amount, but still, its there.  Wish this shit would end.  This Sunday would be the day to start a new pack of pills, but its not going to happen as I agreed to stop.  I hope the cramps aren't too bad next month and that the fibroids shrink as well.  I think they already have since May, doing OK.....

Camille and Nicole~  Hardly ever see you guys, I hope you're OK. 
Ubotts~  You too, with the skin condition I read about in another post, are you alright? 
SS~  Be careful with Cop#1, he should be off-limits until he gets his head screwed on straight.  Is he even separated yet?
Queen~  Glad you were awake at 4am last night to chat a bit.  Glad to hear you had the Boo connection going on!  Give the FTC hell today, GF!
Em~  Tell us more about your daughter, where is she from, when will you meet?  I read about that briefly in another post and thought that it was amazing, what you're doing.  You have such a big heart.

OK, gotta get the cluck outta here!  Queen, if you think of something catchy, start that Dating Part V thread.  Its your go, lol!

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 01:07:59 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2007, 01:25:27 pm »
Thanks Ladies for your kind words. They are appreciated. I figured I would peck a moment here before I get on the phone again and try to bitch at someone again. I did file a complaint with the FTC online but am going to call them today too. I am not backing down, I want justice, family or no family. I was hurt that my nephew would do this to me considering that he use to live with me in the past but I know his mother put him up to it. But he will have to pay for her actions.

Someone asked me about the Fog movie, I am assuming that you are talking about the newer version. It was ok but kinda lame to me. You know I like to see blood and guts in my horror movie. If I had to rate it, I would give it a 5 but preferred the original even though it would seem kinda cheesy now.

Powder-- Sorry you are having a tough time sleeping, I hope that clears up for you too. And you are going on day 12 with Aunt Flo, I don't miss her at all. Gotta love the depo shot. I am sorry to hear that Stone's doggy has diabetes, poor thing.

I will come up with a snazzy title for the part V of this thread a little later. I couldn't wait and am on the phone with the gas company again. I have a series of calls to make and I will update you on all that later. But this weekend is the move. I will be moving the smaller stuff out tomorrow and my cousin will be coming with his truck either Saturday or Sunday night. Til later ladies........

Modified to add: I made the few calls to my case worker, the gas company and the FTC. Now the security dept of the gas company got the paperwork they asked for. I have to wait on them to call me to go over some affadavit, not sure what that is unless they are talking about the identity theft form. I still don't see any progress there. My case worker did get in contact with the LIHEAP supervisor but that person is waiting to hear back from someone in Harrisburg. I guess this is a first for them there so I have to wait on them also. I really hate this waiting game. Maybe if I get a letter from my doctor stating my health issues they will try to move a bit faster. Good thing I called the FTC because they couldn't seem to find the online application I had done. But they are going to send me some info through email to put a fraud alert out w/ the credit reporting companies.
And just got off the phone with my ASO, they will pay part of my 1st month's rent and security deposit and I also qualify for the monthly rental assistance program when my time comes...Wooooo Hoooooo. Things are looking a tad bit brighter.... ;D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:39:20 pm by Queen Akasha »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.