Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:45:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 638
Total: 638

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: reyataz, novir and truvada question  (Read 9106 times)

Offline camille07

reyataz, novir and truvada question
« on: December 14, 2008, 12:19:07 pm »
I'm sorry I think I posted in the wrong area.  I have been on the meds for a month and in the last week I've gotten small pimple bumps that are incredibly itchy.  I'm seeing the doctor on Tuesday.  I want to know if there is a drug interaction problem if I take benadryl.

Thank you.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: reyataz, novir and truvada question
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 03:49:51 pm »
Hi Camille

I'm on pretty much the same combo as you and have been told by by my Doc that the only Antihistamine I can't take is Hismanel (Asternizole)..if you check out the Drug section here it will give you all the info you need to know about drug interactions.

So, in answer to your question I think you are pretty safe taking Benadryle...but please double check.

Hugs
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline flip408

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 02:31:29 am »
yea, do they itch like hell???    I got these small red dots, that itch like you wouldn't believe.  Maybe 3 times over last two years.  I treat with otc anti-itch creme diphennydramine hc, twice to three times daily,  hydrocortisone didn't help.

last time treated with bactrim.  More so earlier in my treatment, .  I am a little over two years on Reyataz, Norvir and truvada or epzicom (in trial).

Do you have them now??   
Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.    A Ashe
05/14/11  501  <50  20%
4/14/11  483  <50  19%
2/10/11    523  <50 18% start Rilpivr/trvda
11/15/10  470  <50
1/6/10    430  <50  16%
7/13/09  345  <50  12%
1/26/09  347  <50  16%
7/22/08  306  <50  6%
11/26/07 238 <50  8%
6/11/07  253  <50  5%
11/9/06  122  <50 7%
9/05/06  <25 >100000  PCP

Offline camille07

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 09:34:59 am »
Yes, and its as bad as the chicken pox.  No kidding.  I'm going to my doctor tomorrow.  I'm also a month and a half into the trial.  I'm really hoping I don't get pulled off because I really like the drugs.  They are my first combo and I'm feeling great on them.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:37:03 am by camille07 »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 09:48:25 am »
I'm also a month and a half into the trial.  I'm really hoping I don't get pulled off because I really like the drugs. 
Hope you find the solution and please share if you do. Im a couple of weeks on this combo and my skin is itching and I saw one of these bumps yesterday? What is the medical explanation of them?? Are they hives. I have little dry patches too that look like psoriasis, which I have never had.

Uh, curious, why is your treatment a "trial" - this is accepted first-line combo....
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline BM

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 10:57:29 am »
Do a Google image search for "eosinophilic folliculitis" (EF). Are your pimples like that? I developed such a pimply rash shortly after beginning therapy. If it is EF it's a sign your immune system is getting better. Unfortunately, EF can only be diagnosed by taking a skin biopsy.

Offline mecch

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 12:10:45 pm »
Oh my.
Hey BM, those are nice lab results in December, congratulations.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline jennynyc7

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 01:10:56 pm »
That is the combo I started out on and had to discontinue the reyataz & Norvir because my rash got really bad. I was given prescription benadryl. Hydrocortisone cream didn't work for me either. Oatmeal baths really help soothe it. But you are right, it is just as bad as the chicken pox. Hope you find relief soon.

j
12/24/07-infected
1/3/08-ARS began
2/12/08-diagnosed
Initial Vl=99000
CD4=585
2/14/08-began Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir
3/01/08=Swapped Reyataz for Viramune
5/1/08:     vl= undetectable
                cd4=1250
10/24/08:  vl=undetectable
                cd4=1172 (55%)

12/4/08:    vl=254 (hopefully just a small blip)
                cd4=1234

Offline camille07

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 03:22:57 pm »
Yes, this is a common combo, but the trial is specifically for people who were never on medication before.

I will keep everyone posted as to my doctor's feedback.

Offline camille07

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 12:35:37 pm »
I saw the doctor and saw great progress.  Non detectable in a few weeks and an increase in my cd4 and %.  The itchiness is still a mystery.  The reyataz caused an elevation in my bilirubin.   Nothing to be concerned about.

Offline mecch

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 02:31:27 pm »
I see my ID tomorrow about my rash. I started rubbing my skin with organic avocado oil and the rash is disappearing. I looked on the Internet and it said this oil is great for psoriasis and eczema. Maybe the rash is temporary anyway..
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 02:33:20 pm by mecch »

Offline mecch

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 05:40:48 am »
ID says:  Seborrhoeic dermatitis - the cause of my rash, and caused by IRS - immune reconstitution syndrome - getting better on the HAART.  He says not an alergy to the Reyataz.  Best regards.

Offline nowwhat75

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 04:57:19 am »
I started this combo two weeks ago. First time on med, one week after I started I have rashes all over my body and even on my face. I got freaked out and call my Doc. But she was out of office and her back up Doc call me back and asked me to stop the med until I see my Doc. I was told to take Benadryl to ease for itchy and two days dose of Roxane for rashes.

I was happy on first week but now I'm scared to be on Med. Hopefully I will find the next best combo. One thing is I had few drinks on NYE and I started to have rashes on following day.

I'm sorry I think I posted in the wrong area.  I have been on the meds for a month and in the last week I've gotten small pimple bumps that are incredibly itchy.  I'm seeing the doctor on Tuesday.  I want to know if there is a drug interaction problem if I take benadryl.

Thank you.

Offline camille07

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 08:03:21 am »
I saw my regular gp and Id doctor regarding this.  After three weeks of still being tortured by this horrible rash and itch I went to the ER and it turned out to be scabies...yuck.  I have a friend who has been staying over my house during the holidays because he had no where else to go and I didn't want him to be alone.  Technically he wasn't alone since he was harboring little mites.  I had been misdiagnosed by everyone ....ughhh.

Offline nowwhat75

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 12:15:46 pm »
I saw my regular gp and Id doctor regarding this.  After three weeks of still being tortured by this horrible rash and itch I went to the ER and it turned out to be scabies...yuck.  I have a friend who has been staying over my house during the holidays because he had no where else to go and I didn't want him to be alone.  Technically he wasn't alone since he was harboring little mites.  I had been misdiagnosed by everyone ....ughhh.

My rashes went away when I wake up this morning. I'm sure those rashes caused by one of the Med I was taking. or because of alcohol I had on NYE. I will find out when I see my Doc. I had rashes all over my bod but not much of itchiness. 

Offline mecch

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 02:42:09 pm »
I was misdiagnosed with scabies once by several doctors over the course of 4 months!!!! It was perhaps the single most horrible health problem I ever endured!!! Unbelievable. And then I was so angry because it was just scabies and could have been cured in a day or two.  Something so simple...  Well, thank god in the end it is so simple!  Hope you have recovered quickly. In paris they have a pill you take for scabies - dont even need creams or anything.
You'll be itching for a little while, but drastically less, those suckers are dead and not moving!

Offline nowwhat75

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 08:16:09 pm »
well.. last week I saw my Doc and I was suppose to start different cocktail but my lab result came out with good numbers (CD4 650 and VL 15000) . So my Doc want me to be on break from Med. I will not have to take any med for two more months.

Hopefully my numbers will stay good for another two more months.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.