Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:06:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 232
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Help Me Please  (Read 14938 times)

Offline coolguyy

Help Me Please
« on: September 15, 2009, 03:31:57 pm »
Hi Everyone i am from india and had sex with a prostitute on first week of August.While having intercourse i use to withdraw in between to see if the condom was fine.While inserting again during sexual act i could hear the condom rapture and i immediately took out.The time span must have been inbetween 10-15 seconds and i cummed outside.This happened when i was about to cum.I was scared by this act and asked the prostitute about her status she said she got herself tested one month earlier and was negative.I didnt believed her and took her for test after 2 days(antibody test).She was negative.I am still having sleepless nights.I got tested myself twice one after 29 days(antibody test) it was negative and the other on 39 days(antibody and antigen test) again negative that is close to 6 weeks time(3 days less).I heard that after 6 weeks the test is not likely to change that is no one has seen a postive result after 6 weeks is it true and does time matters for HIV transmission.My unprotected act was just inbetween 10-15 seconds.Do i really need to worry.Pls help me
Thanx

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Help Me Please
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 03:34:43 pm »
You are worrying needlessly. The condom protected you until it broke. I wouldn't have even thought testing to be necessary as the risk was so slight.

The recommended testing point for a final result is 13 weeks after a risk. It's strictly up to you if you want to re-test. It's a matter of putting your mind to rest. If you re-test I would certainly expect your result to be negative again.
Andy Velez

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 03:41:36 pm »
But it wasnt condom protected  it was raptured and i noticed that the head wasnt covered maybe the timespan was less 10-15 sec do i need to worry and have u'll seen people seroconvert if they are found to be negative on 6 week.Pls answer me and thanx for repling so fast.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 04:33:29 pm »
Move on. You were banned from MedHelp.

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 04:39:05 pm »
No i wasnt banned from medhelp and one more question Teak after this sexual encounter i noticed very minute infact very tiny pimple on the head of the penis what can it be its almost same no itching no pain and its almost the same its been 42 days now and it is same as it is.Can you help me what can it be will be very greatful and what do you mean by Move On.Does your statement suggests that i do not need to worry anymore and move on with my life as usual.
Thanx

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 04:44:06 pm »
 You asked that question on medhelp and it was answered.

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 04:49:03 pm »
Ok one last question have u'll seen people tested positive after 6 weeks if he is found to be negative a truthful reply pls to ease my mind.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 04:51:11 pm »
I'm not quite clear what you are asking. However, it is very likely that someone who has tested negative at 6 weeks will continue to test negative at 13 weeks.
Andy Velez

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 04:57:03 pm »
Thanx a ton my question was i tested negative on 39th day that is very much close to 6 week can i be tested positive if i test again maybe 8th week or 10th week has there been  a documented case like this or maybe someone in the forum..thanx again

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 04:58:40 pm »
As you have already been told a conclusive test result is 3 months post exposure... You were also told that there are no tests approved or marketed to give a conclusive negative test earlier than 3 months.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 05:00:35 pm »
If you are going to make the effort to re-test again, why don't you do it at 13 weeks, which is the recommended time for a conclusive result. That way you can remove any lingering doubts you may have.

It is not surprising that you tested negative. I expect you will continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 05:02:04 pm »
I will surely test maybe 8th week and 10th week and on 13th week thanx for replying me...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 08:22:23 pm »
You're wasting your money but then I don't live in your shoes so do what you feel you need to.

I expect you will have a little pile of negative results.
Andy Velez

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 02:43:47 pm »
Hey all i am really worried i have slight fever since 2 days and could not breath it seems something is stuck in between my throat am i seroconverting its been 48 days now really worried are these ARS symptoms help me pls....

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 02:47:40 pm »
And forgot to add i have mouth ulcers i am really scared now pls help me is it possible that someone tested positive after testing within 6 weeks time frame if he tested negative.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 04:49:16 pm »
None of your symptoms are in anyway HIV specific. Discuss them with your doctor. And no, those symptoms do not sound like ARS to me. What they sound like are drama and anxiety.

I fully expect you to continue to test negative because your risk via the broken condom was so very, very slight. 
Andy Velez

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 06:50:53 am »
Thanx Andy

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 08:06:16 am »
You're welcome. Now, get busy with other things in your life.
Andy Velez

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 02:13:45 pm »
Andy what i am concerned abt is i convinced the prostitute and got her HIV test done after 2 days of exposure it was antibody test for HIV(Test card) and it came out negative.I read your post earlier i could not recollect whether it was you or Ann where u'll stated that the person maybe within window period and the test could not detect enough antibody i freaked out after reading this and i could not sleep.Is it possible have you heard abt such instance.Pls help me.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 03:22:53 pm »
As far as I am concerned discussing someone else's test result is useless, whether it be of a civilian or a profession.

You need to let going into heart arrest everytime you have another scary thought and what if and but but but. You're going to test at 13 weeks and I fully expect you to test negative.

There is nothing I can add to to what has already been said and discussed. I can tell you that if you keep coming back here everytime you have a scary burp, you are going to end up getting a Time Out for 28 days from the site.

Take a breath and get on with other things in your life. Ultimately I expect you will come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 03:41:55 pm »
Thanx Andy one last thing have you come across someone who had been tested positive for HIV just only with one unprotected sex or maybe someone tested positive by condom rapture just once i am freaked out because HIV rate in India is higher compared to other countries pls answer me this question.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 03:56:08 pm »
I've known of instances of transmission in a single instance of exposure when it involved the receptive person. I've never seen anyone who was wearing a condom becoming infected from a single breakage of a condom.

End of questions, buddy. You just have to wait.
Andy Velez

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 04:20:44 pm »
Thanx a ton Andy

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2009, 04:29:07 pm »
You're welcome.
Andy Velez

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 05:23:11 am »
After having condom rapture i got tested after 8 weeks 2 days and it was found negative am i negative and the same day i had condom protected sex with a prostitute had a look at the condom after sex no condom failure but the doctors here in india are telling that even you had condom protected sex it is possible for hiv to get transmitted and there is possibility for fluid transfer is it true do condom protect you 100% pls answer me i am very scared pls help Andy or anyone

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 08:17:31 am »
CG,

Your doctor is wrong. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection.

There have been long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 02:15:41 pm »
Thanx Ann can you explain me what do you mean by use condom correctly ....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 02:34:16 pm »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 06:09:31 pm »
CG,

Read the condom and lube links in my signature line.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline coolguyy

Help Me Again Please
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2010, 03:27:03 pm »
Hi i got drunk on 10th of June  and landed up  having sex in New Delhi(India)G B Road where the rate of HIV among prostitutes are more than 50% i had sex with the first prostitute.She was on top of me and me lying down and while we were having sex the condom opened up while she was going up and down.She said the condom open and i freaked out donno since how long but maybe like 3-4 minutes i put a new one and completed.I wasnt satified and had sex with another prostitute.The condom was provided by her.She put two condoms as the quality of condom was not good enough and we had sex twice.After having sex i checked the condom it was fine both the time.Next week again  i went to the same place and had sex with different girl.I took my condom this time.I had sex with her thrice.The condom was perfect all the three times.During all these activities i sucked breasts,fingered her.Now after 2 weeks i am having 4-5 red rashes at my stomach which usually itches during night.I am very scared now.I had very slight fever as well and body pain and dont feel like getting out of bed in the morning could this be ARS and what are my chances of aquiring HIV from the first exposure.I dont have any puss coming out from my penis nor does it pain while urinating.Please help me.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Help Me Again Please
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2010, 03:43:58 pm »
Hi i got drunk on 10th of June  and landed up  having sex in New Delhi(India)G B Road where the rate of HIV among prostitutes are more than 50% i had sex with the first prostitute.She was on top of me and me lying down and while we were having sex the condom opened up while she was going up and down.She said the condom open and i freaked out donno since how long but maybe like 3-4 minutes i put a new one and completed.I wasnt satified and had sex with another prostitute.The condom was provided by her.She put two condoms as the quality of condom was not good enough and we had sex twice.After having sex i checked the condom it was fine both the time.Next week again  i went to the same place and had sex with different girl.I took my condom this time.I had sex with her thrice.The condom was perfect all the three times.During all these activities i sucked breasts,fingered her.Now after 2 weeks i am having 4-5 red rashes at my stomach which usually itches during night.I am very scared now.I had very slight fever as well and body pain and dont feel like getting out of bed in the morning could this be ARS and what are my chances of aquiring HIV from the first exposure.I dont have any puss coming out from my penis nor does it pain while urinating.Please help me.

So you had a condom break during vaginal intercourse. This is an extremely low risk for HIV transmission and, as such, you should be tested 3 months from 10 June. The likelihood of you testing positive is vanishingly small. I expect that you will test negative.

Neither of the other two sexual encounters you describe were in any way a risk for HIV transmission, as the condoms remained intact. Kissing and fingering are not risks for HIV transmission.

You would be wise to arrange testing for other, more common and easily transmissible STDs such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea.

Symptoms are meaningless when it comes to dignosing HIV, since many other infections produce symptoms similar to those some people experience during the acute phase of HIV infection.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2010, 04:07:05 pm »
CG,,

You should NEVER use two condoms at once at this increases the likelihood that they will break. You'd be better off using your own condoms then letting a sex worker use two because she bought an inferior brand. It's your health and it's up to you to protect it.

Make sure you read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them correctly and with confidence. A correctly used condom rarely breaks.

As Matty said, your only risk was the condom break. You should test at three months, but I would not expect you to test positive.

The rash that sometimes accompanies ARS does not itch. If you didn't see it, you would not know it was there.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline coolguyy

Help Me Please
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2010, 04:07:43 pm »
Thanxs Matty would you consider my 3-4 minutes of unprotected sex a brief one and i forgot to mention i did not ejaculate in her.And one more thing i am having stiff neck as well usually in the morning when i get up.Pls reply

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2010, 04:10:47 pm »
Thanxs Matty would you consider my 3-4 minutes of unprotected sex a brief one and i forgot to mention i did not ejaculate in her.And one more thing i am having stiff neck as well usually in the morning when i get up.Pls reply

I have already replied to this as has Ann. I endorse her comments about your use of two condoms at once.

A condom break during unprotected intercourse constitutes a risk and you need to be tested.  Whether you ejaculated or not makes no difference.

Your symptoms have nothing to do with this, including your stiff neck.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines. You will not be permitted to post endlessly about questions we have already answered.

MtD

Offline coolguyy

Help Me Please
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2010, 04:11:27 pm »
You mean to say the condoms which CSW provided me was of low quality this is freeking me out again and according to you i am at risk for the second exposure as well is it correct though the condom did not break and considering it was a low quality condom .....

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2010, 04:17:57 pm »
WHOOOOAAAAA!!!!

You really need to simmer down. HIV is a fragile virus and significantly more difficult to transmit from woman to man than the other way round.

You had a single possible exposure. The odds are way in your favor that you will test negative. And you need to remember for the future to use only a single condom.

Now stop with all the drama. While you are waiting to get tested you need to make a real effort to focus on other things in your life. And don't bother saying you're too worried because that kind of response is not going to fly here. Now, get busy with other stuff.

Odds are you are going to come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2010, 04:21:41 pm »
Thanxs Andy i hope so i will get out of this and test negative and thanxs all for replying me......will post the result its just one mnth and will test after two mnths after 8 weeks lets hope its negative ...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2010, 05:45:17 pm »
It looks to me as if you have a tendency to complicate things. Just keep it simple. Get a test at 13 weeks/3 months and if negative as I expect, that will be a reliable result.
Andy Velez

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2010, 05:29:36 pm »
Hi Andy got tested after 6 weeks that is 43 days for HIV after my exposure it was antibody test the result came out to be negative and had also done VDRL test it was also negative.Do i need to test again after 3 months and what are my chances of being positive after 6 weeks negative test and have you seen a positive result after 6 weeks negative result and is a test for VDRL valid after 6 weeks.Thanxs in advance..... :)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2010, 05:42:56 pm »
Hi Andy got tested after 6 weeks that is 43 days for HIV after my exposure it was antibody test the result came out to be negative and had also done VDRL test it was also negative.Do i need to test again after 3 months and what are my chances of being positive after 6 weeks negative test and have you seen a positive result after 6 weeks negative result and is a test for VDRL valid after 6 weeks.Thanxs in advance..... :)

Your six week HIV antibody test result cannot be considered conclusive as the window period for HIV testing is 13 weeks. Nevertheless it indicates that you will almost certainly test negative at 13 weeks.

VDRL is one of the assays used for syphilis testing. Syphilis testing is quite complicated and is outside of the scope of this forum. You should discuss the result of that test with the doctor who ordered it.

MtD

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2010, 02:31:47 pm »
That doesnt answer my question i asked how reliable is my 6 weeks HIV test antibody and have you seen a 6 week negative test turn positive .... Thanxs

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2010, 02:34:16 pm »
That doesnt answer my question i asked how reliable is my 6 weeks HIV test antibody and have you seen a 6 week negative test turn positive .... Thanxs
Your six week HIV antibody test result cannot be considered conclusive as the window period for HIV testing is 13 weeks. Nevertheless it indicates that you will almost certainly test negative at 13 weeks.

Offline coolguyy

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2010, 02:39:26 pm »
Thanxs Teak one more question i tested for VDRL as well after 6 weeks and it was negative i know this is regarding STD but maybe you have some idea is it fine if i tested for VDRL at 6 weeks ......pls answer this

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2010, 03:07:09 pm »
CG,

VDRL is a test for syphilis. Syphilis shares a three month window period with hiv for a conclusive negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.