Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:46:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 331
Total: 331

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Celebrity spotting  (Read 11761 times)

Offline randym431

Celebrity spotting
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:14:40 pm »
So me and mine go walking @ 6:30am this morning in the skywalks here. Its like ZERO outside so thats the only walking exercise we get, other than walking the malls sometimes, but that gets too expensive. So we decided to go for our 2.5 mile skywalk walk before the morning work crowd hit the walks. We're in good ole des moines, iOwa, where the caucus is all the talk here now, naturally.
And cold as hell outside too...
So we're walking and pass thru the Marriott hotel leg of the skywalk and this short-ish a little chubby guy is walking towards us. We three are the only ones in the walk at that point.
As this guy passes he breaks this big smile, nods and says hi, and my other half says hi back. That was it.
Then I ask my other half if he knew who that was, and he said no.
I said "you just passed someone real famous, you didnt know who that was?" And he again said no.
I said THAT was Tim Russert from Meet the Press and the Today show on NBC.
I guess my other half doesnt pay attention to stuff like that, like I do. I thought that was kinda neet.
He looks exactly like he does on tv. I think he broke that big smile cause he thought we would recognize him and say something more besides hi.

(BTW, He did say the "fix" was in for Hillary.... just kidding)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:18:37 pm by randym431 »
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Celebrity spotting
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 06:40:47 pm »
The closest I got to a celebrity was when I used to see concerts at Notre Dame's JACC and you could stand in front of the stage. :D
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:04:28 pm »
I used to have a lot of celeb sightings in NYC.  One of my favorite was Leonardo di Caprio asking me for directions to Next Modeling Agency, and of course I knew where to have him go.

I also partied with J-Lo and Puff Daddy at Lot 61.  And at another party I bumped butt cheeks with Naomi Campbell when I leaned over to pick something up.  I met Mark Wahlberg during his Marky Mark phase and he was outrageously drunk and falling down.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline ademas

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 07:24:23 pm »
I love celeb sightings.

I lived in Hollywood through most of the 90's, so I had plenty of them.

Keifer Sutherland at the stop light next to me.  He smiled and nodded.  I sat in front of Leeza Gibbons at the movies once.  Marsha Warfield almost hit me when I was crossing the street.  I used to see Werner Klemperer (Colonel Klink) at the grocery store and local greasy spoon all the time.  (My brother sat next to Shelly Winters at the same restaurant).

One year I worked the celebrity tent at Gay Pride, and met Kathy Najimy, Estelle Getty, and Judith Light.

The coolest was when a dear friend of mine won 2 tickets to Elizabeth Taylor's 65th birthday party at the Pantages Theatre, and took me along.  Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Rosanne Barr, Christine Baranksi, Kevin Bacon, Hugh Grant, Elizabeth Hurley, David Copperfield, Claudia Schiffer, Patti Labelle, Selma Hayek, damn...too many.  I wrote them all down somewhere.  We stood on the platform right behind the Access Hollywood camera crew, so we were just a few feet from all the celebs on the red carpet (and the interviews), and then we sat about 6 rows back from the stage.  It was pretty damn cool.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 07:42:53 pm »
John Goodman - used to be on "Roseanne"

He looks exactly like he does on tv

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 08:31:18 pm »
Hey Randy,

I bet you have quite a few celebrities up there right now !! I have only run across a couple of celebrities.

And of all people, they were wrestlers !! :P

Ed and I saw Captain Lou Albano (SP) one day while driving in Manhattan, back in the 80"s. He was in a limo with the window down. We were stopped at a light I waved and said hello , he said hello back.

The other one was Hulk Hogan, that lives here in the Clearwater area. Ed and I have seen him on numerous occasions at a restaurant that he frequents in Clearwater. He sat the next booth over, once again we said hello. BIG guy he is !!

I imagine most of the republican celebrities that are there in Iowa, are probably at the Airport restrooms.  ;D  Couldn't resist...

Stay Warm !! Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 08:54:58 pm »
Let's see...famous people from West Virginia.  Don Knotts and Mary Lou Retton - neither of which I've seen in real life.  When we lived in LA, I saw some famous people who were "kings" in the various mardi gras parades in New Orleans.  Of course, hubby is famous in his own mind :P

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline randym431

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 09:12:40 pm »
Well I know maybe Tim Russert isn’t a celebrity to some, but when you think of the famous people he's sat across from and interviewed. Presidents, Puttin of the Soviet Union and that little Ringo look a like guy from Iran. On my scale of celebrity sighting, Paris Hilton would be a 7, Michael Jackson an 8 and Tim Russert a 9, just because I see him daily on the news shows and the powerful people he's interviewed.
The candidates, well, they are all here but don’t impress me to excitement like a tv personality.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 09:20:26 pm »
Having worked at Disney World in Magic Kingdom Entertainment, I got to see plenty. Everyday on the bridge by the castle they would sit the celebrities, or more often than not those who complained really loud about something. After the first few you kinda ignored and took the break from dancing :) But I saw Oprah, Shirley McLain, Pat Sajak, Leo DiCap, Michael Jackson (wierdo) and others. Oh and I used to live in the same apartment complex in Kississimmee as the Mickey Mouse Club brats....Justin Timberlake, Brintney, etc. (There moms were bitches in the hot tub every night!)

Matt
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion
September 07 - CD4 402 VL 118000 25%
October 07 -     CD4 294 VL 124000 22%
November 07 - Norvir, Triuvada and Reyataz
December 07 -  CD4 355 VL  550 .... guess the meds are working.
January 08 - CD4 446 VL <48 undetectable!
April 08 - CD4 554 VL <48 undetectable!
July 08 - CD4 666 VL <48 undetectable! Hporay...I have devil CD4's

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 09:29:50 pm »
Working at the Four Seasons in Las Colinas I was lucky and met a number of Celebs. They just acted like normal folks to me. I met President Ford and had to bring him and his crew down in the elevator and I made the mistake and said watch your step when exiting the elevator which everyone broke out laughing. I know my face turn solid ran after I said it. I got smirks and laughs all week from the Secret Service guys. They were really a great bunch of guys. David Bowie, is super nice but he's all business. His body guard was an ass hole, and David told him several times he was and how rude he was. That guy did not like me at all. The Four Seasons in Las Colinas is where you want to be to meet Celebs. They all stay there because they do there video and sound at the recording studio there.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 11:46:48 pm »
I used to have a bunch of them when I lived in Wilmington.  I worked a lot with film, theatre and TV.  There were TONS of movie of the week deals shot there, so most of mine were of the Lifetime Network variety.  Talked with Tracy Gold several times.  Lindsey Wagner, whose real sleep number is 420...but ya didn't hear it from me  ;).  Just about all of those kids from Dawson's Creek at one point or another (yes, including Mrs. Cruise).

But my personal favorite....RUE!

[attachment deleted by admin]
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 12:04:04 am »
When I was going to Puerto Rico back in the day, I ran into Lex Luger (wrestler) at a delay in LAX. When I lived in Harrisburg at the 4 star Hilton Hotel, I saw B.B. King's brother, if that counts. I also saw Chris Rock (comedian) and he is that skinny....

Once when I was a teenager, wrestling came here. I was waiting for the bus in the winter but was in the lobby of a hotel here. I saw Hulk Hogan and Superfly Jimmy Snuka. I screamed, it started a mob of teenager chasing them to the elevators. I wonder if Hulk remembers that?

Attended a wrestling event in 06 here and saw my baby daddy, John Cena(wrestler)....I still have the tickets too.. ;)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 02:37:12 am »
Fame must be strictly rationed at the moment. I’ve never even heard of most of those ‘celebrities’.

Offline komnaes

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 03:39:08 am »
Fame must be strictly rationed at the moment. I’ve never even heard of most of those ‘celebrities’.

Snob! ;D
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 04:08:25 am »
I have lived in L.A. most of my life and worked in a show club serving drinks.  We featured 2 shows a night, 6 nights each week.  There was another guy there who looked so much like me, everyone thought we were twins.  Jonnie was "the Evil Twin, I was the Sultry Twin.

On a typical night there may be some beautiful woman sitting alone at one of the tables.  Jonnie may say something like, "What you wearin those shade for Girlfriend, do you think this is a night club?"  Then Eddie Harris would call his wife, Evelyn Champagne King to the stage.  On a slow night, I may get bored and sit with Pancho Sanchez  or slip into the dressing room and share some chicken wings with Barbara Morrison.

Tuesday was Comedy Night and every employee was a target for the comics.  I have the honor of being insulted by Chris Rock and D.L. Hughly.  The best part was getting in free for the Long Beach Jazz Festival and the Blues Festival with backstage passes.

I have worked at several radio stations and remember meeting Yanni, Bonnie Raitt, Ginger Baker, Eric Clapton and produced my own radio talk show and did have California Governor Pete Wilson and several Congressmen as guests.

Two years ago I was a guest at the Russian River Jazz Festival and got to go backstage to meet Ike Turner.  I met the Judds on their Love can Build a Bridge Tour.  But the best meeting of all time was when I was about 23, I was travelling on the Mendocino Coast and stopped in a little bar called, The Cobweb Palace in the town of Westport.  James Taylor and Carly Simon were hitch hiking, stopped for a beer and sang a couple of songs while they were there.  I met Joe Montana at a fundraiser for a high school in Northern California and Majic Johnson in a bar once.  When I was a little kid, we saw Roy Rodgers and Dale Evans at a gas station, Aunt Jemima came to our elementary school on day and led us in song.  Jefferson Airplane performed at my Senior Prom.

One time we were driving around Beverly Hills and ran out of gas.  We stopped at a house to ask if we could use the phone and Eva Gabor let us in.  I guess I have had more than my fair share of Celebrity sightings.  ;D Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 04:14:38 am »
Lindsey Wagner, whose real sleep number is 420...but ya didn't hear it from me  ;)

Oh Youth Pastor Tim,

Lindsey Wagner is from Ojai, her sleep number is really 35 but her age is 65.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Have the best day
Michael
(who met Lauren Hutton and Jim Carrey on the set of Once Bitten)

Offline carousel

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 05:31:26 am »
As a kid, I used to collect autographs.  So there were a lot of pop people from the 80's- Wham, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Culture Club, Madness, Frankie Goes to Hollwywood, Morrissey etc.

I met Divine once.  The taxi he was in was bit lopsided until he removed his ample figure from it.

And Paul McCartney a couple of times.

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 09:24:02 am »
Snob! ;D

Sweetheart, I doubt you even know the meaning of the word ;) … but if washed-up nobodies are the order of the day, then today’s lunchtime ‘catch’ is Paul Michael ‘Starsky’ Glaser.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 10:42:36 am »

OK, here's one for you:  my ex-partner picked up Rupert Everett on the street, didn't realize who he was at first, then went back to his hotel and plowed him up the ass.  Evidently Rupert isn't a very clean boy back there.

And if you've not ever seen Dance With A Stranger it's simply a total must.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 10:44:42 am »
Oh, I forgot.  At the book publishing party where I grazed Naomi Campbell's derriere I also saw Janet Jackson and Mary Tyler Moore.

Offline ademas

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 11:25:21 am »
I forgot flights and airports!

I was on an Oakland to LA flight with Margaret Thatcher a number of years ago.  She was very green.  Green shoes.  Green suit.  Green purse.  Green hat.

Bart Conners (the gymnast) from Vegas to Los Angeles.

I met George Takei at the luggage carousel at LAX once.  Sweet guy...very gracious.

I saw Dolly Parton walking down the terminal in Portland.

oh, and we ate lunch at the table next to Corbin Bernsen and his kids at Six Flags Magic Mountain. 

Offline minismom

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 02:00:11 pm »
I ran into, rather, I ran over Dasher on the highway.  Hubby ran into Prancer on our road. :P

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 02:10:02 pm »
At first I thought this might be a new Depends ad you were talking about.

Let me see. I had dinner with John Inman, Mr Humphrey's from Are You Being Served when he was in Memphis for a PBS telethon. He wasn't as big as a minute, but very charming. He was in total shock over the popularity of Are You Being Served in America.

For some reason I have been on several flights with celebs.

Diane Carrol (of Julia and Dynasty fame): She boarded a flight out of Memphis with four huge furs.

Isiah Thomas (former Pistons star): Total asshole that refused to sign autographs for children.

Michael Moore: Flew coach, frumpy and shy.

Rudolph Nureyev: You could tell he didn't have long to live.

Oakland A's baseball team: Yummy

Oh yeah I forgot. My friend grew up with Sheryl Crowe in Missouri. When she headlined Memphis Music Fest we got to view the show from backstage and party with her after the show. Willy Nelson stopped by. There was plenty of booze and toilet paper.

And a shout out for Jack. I got to meet the Clinton's and the Gore's when they kicked off his presidential campaign in Memphis.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 02:11:05 pm »
I ran into, rather, I ran over Dasher on the highway.  Hubby ran into Prancer on our road. :P

Mum

You just sit there and look pretty and leave the humor to us. :P

Offline mjmel

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 02:53:28 pm »
In 1981, I was renting a patio apartment in the french quarter of New Orleans. My door buzzer rang and when I opened the access gate, Dick Cavett was standing there with a rather tall goregous blonde woman. He inquired if I knew whether Mr. Williams was home (main house at streetfront)....Mr. Tennessee Williams.
I offered him access to the patio area to access the backdoor ringer on the house but he declined, thanked me and was on his way.
Until then, I had no idea I lived behind the famous Tennessee Williams. The house was always shut and curtains drawn. I believe Mr. Williams died in 1983.

Mike M

Offline minismom

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 03:30:03 pm »
Hal just reminded me, I did attend two of Bob Dole's rallys.  One was in New Orleans when I interpreted for one of my students.  We still have his autograph somewhere around here.  The other one was at LSU, although, to be honest, we went to that one because there was a free crawfish boil afterwards.  The food was awesome!

Hubby and i did see Pat Sajak when he was the Grand Marshall of the Cherry Blossom festival in 2006 in DC.  Hubby and I had tickets for the performance seating and it rained so hard and was so cold that we opted to forego the parade and hide in some museum for our bus to arrive and bring us back to our hotel.  Pat didnt' say much, just thanks for sitting in the rain, and no, Vanna wasn't with him. 

Mum (who is sitting here being very beautiful in her green fluffy robe and navy blue socks :P)
www.watoto.com

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 03:32:04 pm »
I had a house on Ocean Drive for several years and knew the neighbor was in a band called Sublime.  When , I guess it was the bass player who died of a heroin overdose, the rest of the band moved.  Never really missed them.

When I moved to Sonoma County, the only place I could rent on short notice was in a apartment building in Guerneville commonly knows as "Crack City".  My neighbor there had 4 children with 4 different fathers and common knowledge was she was strung out during each of her pregnancies.  As she was being evicted... She was so stressed because she could not find her Sublime CD. Have the best day
Michael

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 04:00:08 pm »
am i the only person who is disappointed that this thread has not degenerated into 'celebrities i have slept with'?

or even better, 'allegedly straight celebrities i have slept with'
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline bear60

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 04:05:16 pm »
I sort of agree with EnglishGirl.

I was wondering what happened to the blue dress with spots of dna from Bill Clinton on it.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 04:35:36 pm »
Oh yeah, I was best friends with Joey Fatone at Disney. We did the Spectromagic parade together every night. I was usually Big Bad Wolf and he was usually Pluto. He and I and out friends would hang out afterwards. (He had a thing for Mary Poppins, well Mandy who was playing her) After he started in with INSYNC I saw him and that group once. He introduced me to Lance Bass...I knew then he had to be gay :) That was when I was taking care of the birds and fish at the Rainforest Cafe in the Disney Marketplace.

Matt
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 01:30:19 am »
am i the only person who is disappointed that this thread has not degenerated into 'celebrities i have slept with'?

or even better, 'allegedly straight celebrities i have slept with'

I've never actually slept with anyone so... I wouldn't know but Peter Wells, who was the booking agent for The Four Seasons opened a few bars in California over the years and booked some pretty tight acts in their day.

If the bands and any staff wanted to stay and party after hours, he would let some of us stay all night.  I have spent many fine late hours with Lydia Pense and Cold Blood, Stoneground with Sammy Piazza, Jo Baker and Annie Sampson and a couple of evenings with the Tower of Power horn section. 

Nick Gravanites from Janis Joplin bands performs regularly here on the Russian River.  He recently put lyrics to Buried Alive in the Blues, which was the song she was supposed to record the day they found her body.  I hear he is at Negri's in Occidental almost every Friday night.

I used to date this guy who was going to be an actor (as most everyone in L.A. hopes).  His agent brought him in from Tennessee because he was cute, had the right accent and was considered perfect for the Dukes of Hazzard TV show.  He said it was the most rediculous script he had ever seen and refused to read for the part.  He manages the Men's shoe department at Macy's on Flower Street.  He never got another audition.  Have the best day
Michael
(who practices toe tapping in stall for the Republican Senators)  ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 01:33:08 am by Sonomabeach »

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 02:44:04 pm »
This really doesnt count...but....I saw all these celebs at the High Heel Race in DC. If you have never been its sooooo much fun. I laughed all night :) Hundreds of drag queens running down the street and then taking pictures in the elaborate outfits. I even met the real mayor there this year.

[attachment deleted by admin]
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 03:25:04 am »

Some of us are still gentlemen and live in the hope that discretion is a two-way street  .. and others just haven’t had a sufficiently tempting cash offer yet ;)

Offline 404error

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 03:58:29 am »
I lived in Vancouver for years and saw all kinds of celebrities.  The nicest ones I met were John C Reilly, Tony Hawk and Natasha Lyonne.  I saw a coke and booze ravaged Britney Spears out shopping with some old lady on Robson, Jessica Alba at least half a dozen times (all I could manage was a red faced, embarassed "Hello" and a smile), Urkel, Tommy Lee Jones, Antonio Banderas, Lucy Liu, Ben Affleck (at roughly the time he got caught banging some stripper from Brandi's), the chubby, talentless, female Osborne whose name escapes me right now (she was told she couldn't cut the line at the club and would have to wait like everyone else!  hahaha!  she was pissed!) and a bunch of hockey players and some Canadian musicians. 

Even better than seeing celebrities is seeing a film shoot.  People are people and I see them everyday.  Only ONCE in my life have I seen two cars blow up at an intersection, one of which was a cop car.  AWESOME!
A social critic who promotes equality...

Offline David_CA

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 03:22:53 pm »
Back in the day, I waited on numerous 'stars' or celebs.  One of the funniest and most memorable was when I waited on Marlee Matlin.  She was with a group of about 5 other people that were all working on some production.  I wasn't really sure how to handle it, as her back was to me and she obviously couldn't read my lips from that position.  I asked general questions... "Who'd like a drink from the bar", etc so I wouldn't have to say "And what would she like".  The people with her signed to her, she signed back, and they translated to me.  A guy ordered for her, and I had to ask "Would she like a Caesar salad or a garden salad".  The guy answered that she'd like a garden salad.  Only one more question: "Which salad dressing would she like?".  This time, Marlee answered (after being signed to by the same guy) very loudly "blue cheese!"  It pretty much scared the crap out of me, as she hadn't made any noise until then.  I don't think she ever said anything else the rest of the meal.

I almost waited on Richard Gere, but I didn't recognize him (he looked really rough that night) and gave that table away.  I did wait on Jay Lenno, Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future), Jameson Parker (Simon & Simon), and many more.  Probably one of my favorites that I dealt with was Ellen DeGeneres.  This was back in the '80's and she was always very funny and seemed genuinely nice.

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline fearless

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2008, 05:02:10 pm »
I partied with Boy George and Fat (or Phat?) Tony in London in a private bar in London in '94 and ended up back at his place in Hampstead (or somewhere up that way) with a group of people partying the day away. No sex just partying. Ran into Boy George again at Mardi Gras in Sydney several years later. He was heading back stage to do his show, saw me and somehow remembered meeting me, dragged me backstage for a drink and powder.

In '97, again while in London, I also delivered Rohypnol to the band Suede who were totally trashed on a huge coke bender.

Little Steve
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.