Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:59:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 508
Total: 510

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: News!  (Read 5351 times)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
News!
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:59:07 pm »
After a very complete make-over, our local paper, which I contribute a column on HIV monthly, has now made my column available online.  I want to remind those of you who do not know the background on this, I was invited to write a monthly column, by the Mormon Family that owns the paper.  I of course accepted, and have been doing so since February.  I have copies of the columns from the past, but will not place them here, but maybe in my Blog.  They are probably not very interesting to anyone here, as they are applicible to this very conservative Republican territory, near the Mexican Border.  Can you say Tombstone Vigilantes?

The link to todays edition is http://www.svherald.com/articles/2006/06/28/local_news/features_and_opinions/columnists/columnist2.txt

I just made an attempt to bring up the rest of the columns, but this is the first one to appear online.  I will be posting this each month on the last Wednesday of the month.  Thursday, for you wonderful neighbors down under. I hope you look around the paper, as on the front page, you have loads of nice things to look at around where I live.  There is one very nice guide to Cochise County I know you will love.  Beautiful Photography!

Enjoy,

In Love.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Teresa

Re: News!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 08:16:57 pm »
Just read your article..now i cant wait for the last wednesdays of the month to read them.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline BB

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 08:40:50 pm »
Sierra Vista is very scenic with the mountains so close and the large number of hummingbirds that live there. I was married in the army in Germany and upon my return to the USA we stopped in Sierra Vista to visit with my wife's parents. During our stay I helped fight a mountain forest fire.

Congratulations on your appointment and your column Tim. I'm looking forward to some very informative reading.

BB

P.S. Hope all is well with you.
Damn the Torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Adm. D. Farragut.

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 09:01:37 pm »
Hello Tim,

Very good article. Open an honest, right to the point. Wishing you the best in health and future articles, you will have to keep us informed.

Thanks------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 09:06:49 pm »
moffie, you silly moffie.. post em when they are available.

Just cuz they might not apply to everybody doesn't mean somebody won't get anything out of it.... even if it's just one person.... (though knowing you, you are so insightful)

Haven't read it yet, but will in a tiddle after i piddle.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 10:52:27 pm »
Moffie: I read your article. I write to say that you inspire me in two ways. First, to continue with HIV research studies in which I'm involved as a participant, and to be on the look out for new ones. Second, to be grateful for every day my immune system works with me and to do everything I can to assist it. I've read many of your posts and have appreciated the wisdom you've shared with the brave, and, the scared. Having read your account of your body rejecting its regimen, I am moved---simply,energetically, moved. Em

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 10:55:22 pm »
Great job on the article! Thanks for sharing it.. Damn man, you are one brave person for doing this.  You are inspiring me to want to do more. You are an amazing person. Your openness and honesty is greatly appreciated.
Positive since 1985

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 09:16:25 am »
To all of you, thanks very much.

Yes, Sierra Vista is a beautiful place, and I love living here, even though we are in the news on a regular basis about the US/Mexico border situation.  Since Texas has increased its surveillance of the border in that state, and the same in California, we are experiencing a huge influx of people coming north across the border here, and so there are loads of law enforcement, military, and National security forces here.  All in all, not a very receptive audience for issues around HIV/AIDS. 

One note of interest, I received a call last night from someone interested in talking about their daughter who is HIV+ and wanting to move here to take care of aging parents, so at 9am, I am going for coffee with her and discuss the needs the daughter might have. 

See, it does help to come out and speak of our needs as HIV+'s.

In Love, and Gratefulness for this wonderful assemblage of people.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 09:47:09 am »
Excellent,thanks for sharing the link to your story.  I wonder if my sister in Bernalillo is familiar with your article.  She is a nurse and I heard from her recently and she is changing jobs and is joining an integrative medicine practice where they offer alternative perspectives and treatments.

Will watch for your weekly updates
Jeff

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 10:27:08 am »
Congratulationsualtions, Moffie!  :)
I just read the first article that was posted online and I loved it!
Like, Teresa, I'll be looking forward to reading these every month  ;D

Peace & Love
(from very Republican!),
Kelly  8)[/center]
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.