Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:47:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Swallowing ejaculate  (Read 4789 times)

Offline joeyp

Swallowing ejaculate
« on: December 09, 2011, 09:03:05 pm »
OK, I have read your responses to oral sex and swallowing, which eased my mind, but I am still freaked out. I gave oral to 5 different guys, all just met for casual sex, and swallowed. My question is, are swollen lymph glands under the ear a sign of infection? I DID NOT have anal sex at all. I also had other symptoms, like diarhea for a few days, stomach tender to the touch and then muscle aches. Ached so bad in my forearms it woke me up out of sound sleep. I have had these swollen nodes for about 2 months now, and I am concerned.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Swallowing ejaculate
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 09:28:41 pm »
It could be, but it wouldn't be related to HIV in this situation. If you are feeling unwell see your doctor.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 09:13:21 am »
There is nothing in any way HIV specific about any of your symptoms. And ARS does not go on for a lengthy period such as you have described.

I agree with Rod that you ought to discuss your symptoms with your doctor. You need to remember that other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV. Anyone who is sexually active ought to have a full STD panel done at least annually.

This is not an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline joeyp

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 07:34:05 pm »
I really appreciate you guys answering my questions. You have really eased my mind. Thank you Andy for answering my next question before I even asked it. I thought these lymph nodes/partial paratid gland was staying swollen a lot longer than what I have read about symptoms. I did have a root canal, with infection still in there, so maybe that has something to do with this. I did go to ANOTHER dentist for second opinion and he did say taking antibiotics with a root canal infection is like hitting a wall with them, they do not reach the jaw bone which is where the infection is. Made me wonder why my primary dentist prescribed THREE rounds of antibiotics, which all of them kill essential stomach and lower intestinal bacteria. But ANYWAYYYYY....I would like to ask another question though, I will be going for STD testing after the 6 month period elapses, I'm just wondering what is the usual cost of these tests? And are they 100% accurate? I don't have any insurance, (lost my job) so directing me in the cheaper financial direction would really be helpful.
Thanks guys, and God bless.

Offline joeyp

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 07:36:35 pm »
Oh, what other STD'S can you get from my type of sexual behavior?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 07:53:17 pm »
joey,

Why do you plan to wait for six months for STI testing? Do you want any undiagnosed STI you may have to be given a free reign to damage your body for six months? That's just stupid.

Most STIs can be tested for between ten days and two weeks after the time of possible infection, or sooner if symptoms occur. You need to know that many STIs can be present with NO obvious symptoms.

You can get herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia from oral. The only way to know is to be tested. Syphilis shares a three month (NOT six month) testing period with hiv for a conclusive negative result.

Gonorrhea and chlamydia are two STIs that ARE very often present with no obvious symptoms. Syphilis often goes unnoticed because the sores that it causes - called chancres - are painless. If you don't see the chancre, you won't have any idea it's there.

Go next week and get a COMPLETE sexual health and STI screening. Don't wait six months.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline joeyp

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 11:40:07 am »
OK Ann, I will go get checked. I'm very uneducated when it comes to this, but reading these forums has really brought some light to my ignorance. My 3 month period since last exposure will be in January. I am unemployed, so can anyone give me a guesstimate on how much these tests are gonna run me?
Lesson learned, I did not know you could get all these diseases from oral sex. Let's see...be a whore with absolutely no concern for my well being, or, have some self respect, remain healthy and stop the risky behavior.
Ann, I read you have remained healthy for over 15 years, have you already or can you share how you do that?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 11:59:51 am »
If you live in or town you ought to be able to go to a Board of Health for those tests at either no or minimal cost.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:51:37 pm »
joey,

You can also go to poz.com's Health Services Directory.

Yes I'm healthy but I don't do anything special.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline joeyp

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 07:35:33 pm »
Thanks again for the info. Merry Christmas to all! :D

Offline joeyp

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 04:24:01 pm »
I had the blood test done today...and found a way to have it done free of charge. Life insurance exam. I will let you know what the outcome is.

Offline joeyp

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 04:26:34 pm »
 :-[ I almost passed out before he even took any blood. Ahhhh, to be a grown man and be a wimp when I see a needle.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 05:25:25 pm »
All of that notwithstanding, I am not expecting other than a negative HIV result for you.
Andy Velez

Offline joeyp

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 07:16:39 pm »
Andy, Rapid Rod and Ann, you were right. I tested negative...

That being a relief, I will add that the lymph nodes right under my ears are still swollen, hard and painless. All blood work came back A-ok. I had the root canaled tooth extracted, and two weeks later began to feel better. After taking 4 rounds of antibiotics, it has caused IBS and now I am dealing with that.

ANyway, I just want to thank you for your support and helping me feel better when I was worried to the point of wanting to die. After all I have learned about HIV now, and how you can become almost a recluse from worry and fretting about "what will I do now, who will I tell, should I move away," and of course the "stigma" of being infected...it has compelled me to help others who ARE infected, and just be an understanding friend who still thinks that person is just as valuable as they were before they contracted this chronic condition. After months of unneccesary tears and regrets and fear, my life will never be the same.

Like Ann has said to someone else in another thread, "we are human, we all make mistakes." Sometimes it is so hard to forgive yourself, especially when you KNEW what you were doing could be risking your own health. I intend on making my learning experience one that can be used for the benefit of society...

You guys rock.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.