Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:14:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 423
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 392
Total: 392

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Foot pain  (Read 5727 times)

Offline zach

Foot pain
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:29:19 pm »
weird thoughts of cutting off a toe today

wonder how long a person can stay sane through all this

you lot don't count either, you're all nuts too

Offline wolfter

Re: Foot pain
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 10:18:57 pm »
Have I missed something or are you just tired of that toe?   ;D
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline zach

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 01:15:02 pm »
ever had a rock in your shoe? thats what it feels like under my toe. rationally, i look at my foot, nothing is out of the ordinary. put my foot on the ground and take a step. feels like a nail gun shooting from the inside out, against the rock that is surely lodged right there under my big toe. so i look again. still no rock. step off again, leg goes wonky and makes all sorts of unnecessary twitches

i'm going to remove the toe, but it did seem like an option for minute

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 02:23:28 pm »
Hey Zach,

You didn't mention which toe hurts and all I can think of is if the toe suffered some trauma, like stubbing it, or if there is a small item lodged in the bottom of the toe that pokes you, each time you try to walk.

Joe

Offline zach

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 02:38:16 pm »
i just figure its more neuropathic pain, fun time you know

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 02:29:17 pm »
welcome to the club Zach, I have the some kind of pain in both toes and feet, it gets worse (the pain) when your big toe drop...good luck

Offline absopozilutely

• Love to chat/text/talk/encourage!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 02:46:22 pm »
What is "big toe drop?"
12/18 Infected
2/4 12:22pm tested POZ via ORAquick
2/19 WB Confirmation
2/4-2/19 VL 104,678 CD4 407
3/2 Genotype back, and Started Complera
4/2-CD4 688 38% and VL 1,600
5/1-CD4 592 42% and VL 336
5/22-CD4 732 31% and VL 109 :( STILL NOT UD!
5/31 Switched to Stribild :( I'll miss you Complera!
6/19 CD4 508 35% and VL UD!!!!! Crying at work like a baby.
9/19 CD4 799 46% VL UD yayyyy
5/1/19 CD4 1100 VL still UD.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 03:00:55 pm »
What is "big toe drop?"

I think what he is feeling is an effect from peripheral neuropathy. I get horrible pain in all of my toes, but it can be much worse and a different feeling in my large toes -- Digit #1 in podiatry.

Imagine your toe feeling like it's swollen to the size of a grapefruit (in your head, but not visibly swollen) while simultaneously feeling like a rusty spike has been inserted from the toe nail up to your ankle. Mine then makes the entire "inner longitudinal arch" feel like some has hit it hard with a baseball bat ten time.

I think for zach his neuropathy might, over time, resolve itself because it's more likely the kind of neuropathy from acute HIV infection, whereas mine is from a combination of long-term HIV infection, toxic meds from the 1990's no longer used, and hereditary high arch issues that have nothing to do with HIV.

Zach, are you taking anything at all for neuropathy pain?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline zach

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »
i have piles of gabapentin that i stopped taking. neuro appt in november, and another mri sometime between now and then.

big toe drop, i haven't heard it called that, but am new to this game. i get a jolt from my ass down the back of my leg, feels like it hits in my toe and my foot will curl in and my leg will jerk. more left leg but its happens both sides. different than the constant tingling pins and needles

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 03:29:41 pm »
What is "big toe drop?"
I will try again, I replied to this post and I don't know what happened
drop toe? (I'm not sure if it is spell like this) hope you guy understand me, English is my second language
some years ago,like 10, I was walking in my house without shoes, and I tripped with something, after looking around on the floor, I did not see anything, so I kept doing my stuff, several day later, again walking without shoes, it happened again, I tripped again, nothing on the floor, so I look at my foot (left) and I noticed my big toe wasn't aligned with the rest of the other toes, my big toe looked like a little bit lower than the rest of the toes...so when I saw my ID doctor I showed him my big toe, he said that is caused by neuropathy...a year later or so, my right's foot toe, dropped too...now, it's more painful to walk, because you feel your toe like Miss Phelicia said, and the bone under you big toe, is having more friction with the sole of your shoe, causing you calloses (sorry I hope you understand this world)...so xach, I don't know what kind of problems someone without a toe might have, I guess that is why we have ten toes....;p

Offline zach

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 03:49:47 pm »
and yeah ms p, it feels like swinging an estwing on a 16d, its awesome

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.