Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:00:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 230
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden is DEAD  (Read 112162 times)

Offline emeraldize

Osama Bin Laden is DEAD
« on: May 01, 2011, 10:47:53 pm »
more to come...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:18:38 pm by emeraldize »

Offline emeraldize

Re: For those in non-US time zones - Osama Bin Laden is DEAD
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:49:19 pm »
We're soon getting special live broadcast from the President. Bin Laden's been killed by US forces in an "incident" which is to be described shortly. Result of a US action. And the US has his body.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:10:57 pm by emeraldize »

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:51:47 pm »
Thanks One Tampa! Our Prez will be on momentarily.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:10:08 pm by emeraldize »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 11:13:37 pm »
So, I'm watching Brother's and Sister's and then a Special Report comes on.  I was shocked by this.  I will be very interested to hear whether this president was pushing hard to get this done and that is why it happened, or just by chance.  Bin Ladin can no longer be the boogy-man out there. 

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:15:17 pm »
President Obama 4 life! HOLLA!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:16:11 pm »
This TRUMPS a fucking birth certificate presentation don't it?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 11:17:57 pm »
CNN is saying it was a human asset (I'll assume CIA or similar) and not a drone attack, in a mansion in or near Islamabad, Pakistan.

Offline Miss Philicia

Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEAD
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:26:59 pm »
I'm also reading that this actually happened a week ago.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 11:30:51 pm »
Say what? A week ago?

Anchor Brian Williams just asserted that this is one of those moments that people will remember where they were when they heard of his death.

Yup, I can imagine (not) saying at a ladies luncheon, " Well, Barbara, I was on the AIDSmeds forum when I heard the news interrupt Donald Trump's " Celebrity Apprentice! Imagine I was waiting to learn if Nene Leakes or Starr Jones was the team member heading for a firing! Oh girl, how ironic, you know, listening to Trump's program when the President interrupted."  

Apparently, a bundle of calls must be made to a slew of committees before it can be announced live.

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 11:33:29 pm »

They have his body in custody and it took this long to announce because they had to do the DNA testing.  Pres Obama did not want to announce anything until there was no doubt that Osama was indeed killed.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 11:34:49 pm »
They have his body in custody and it took this long to announce because they had to do the DNA testing.  Pres Obama did not want to announce anything until there was no doubt that Osama was indeed killed.

You think my college degree prevented me from figuring that out?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 11:35:23 pm »
This TRUMPS a fucking birth certificate presentation don't it?

It's even funnier that the apprentice was pre-empted for the announcement.  I didn't get to see who was fire though.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 11:36:57 pm »
You think my college degree prevented me from figuring that out?

not at all..Im sure we all figured that out...just repeating what Im hearing live.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 11:39:50 pm »
Prez says the action happened today, not last week.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 11:40:42 pm »
Now OBAMA THE SECRET MUSLIM is saying the operation happened today  :P

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 11:41:37 pm »
 :D

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 11:42:11 pm »
President Obama had been following this lead and ordered the mission.  I don't want to hear about a fucking birth certificate and how this President doesn't have our best interests at heart.  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 11:42:24 pm »
Prez says the action happened today, not last week.

fyi I got the "last week" thing from Associate Press (click now before they change it!)

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20110501/BREAKINGNEWS/110501011/Update--AP-sources-say-Osama-bin-Laden-killed-last-week-in-Pakistan

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 11:44:51 pm »
I don't doubt it, Miss P.

And Ted, while no president is perfect, I still like this one plenty and both he and we needed this victory.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 11:45:53 pm »
Just hear the part about equal rights for all citizens in this speech about Osama and defending liberty?

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 11:49:02 pm »
Just hear the part about equal rights for all citizens in this speech about Osama and defending liberty?

Not following you...do you mean tonight's speech, or did you omit a link?

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 11:50:46 pm »
fyi I got the "last week" thing from Associate Press (click now before they change it!)

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20110501/BREAKINGNEWS/110501011/Update--AP-sources-say-Osama-bin-Laden-killed-last-week-in-Pakistan

they still haven't edited their breaking news article -- probably absorbed in lots of other action at the moment

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 11:55:51 pm »
It's even funnier that the apprentice was pre-empted for the announcement.  I didn't get to see who was fire though.

I was watching, too, I wasn't joking around. Now I'll have to go hunting online for who was canned.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 11:57:45 pm »

I think I just found a photo of Obama posing with Osama's dead body.

God I hate it when people die with their eyes open.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 11:59:39 pm »

I saw this (from the AP) before I listened to Barry speak, after initially hearing the news on NPR

WASHINGTON – Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind the Sept. 11 attacks against the United States, is dead, and the U.S. is in possession of his body, a person familiar with the situation said late Sunday.

President Barack Obama was expected to address the nation on the developments Sunday night.

A senior U.S. counterterrorism official said bin Laden was killed in a ground operation in Pakistan, not by a Predator drone. The official said it happened last week.

Officials have long believed bin Laden, the most wanted man in the world, was hiding a mountainous region along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to speak ahead of the president.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 12:00:32 am »
Not following you...do you mean tonight's speech, or did you omit a link?

It was at the end of tonight's briefing/speech.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 12:01:11 am »
OMG -- Skeebs -- where did you find this? I'm howling! Is this new or old?

I predict a lot of flag waving tomorrow!!! I think our country's going to spaz over this.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 12:02:29 am »
It was at the end of tonight's briefing/speech.

Thanks for the clarification.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 12:06:30 am »
"...whether it is prosperity for our people, the struggle for equality for all our citizens...we can do these things not just because of wealth or power, but because who we are.  One nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all."

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 12:09:08 am »
"...whether it is prosperity for our people, the struggle for equality for all our citizens...we can do these things not just because of wealth or power, but because who we are.  One nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all."

Thank you, Ted.

The live footage of folks celebrating outside the White House is just a taste of what's to come once the East Coast wakens to this news tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:14:16 am by emeraldize »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 12:13:25 am »
OMG -- Skeebs -- where did you find this? I'm howling! Is this new or old?

I predict a lot of flag waving tomorrow!!! I think our country's going to spaz over this.

old picture....

Wave the flags!

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 12:13:55 am »
 I wanna see a DEAD body, like Saddam  then I'll believe it  ???
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 12:16:29 am »
Hey Skeebs,
I found it on Google Images (like the one with Bert, too). How do you insert an image? I just tried and failed. I don't think I've ever uploaded one successfully into a post. I went to the insert image icon, clicked it and it doesn't enable an upload option.
Em

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 12:20:33 am »
Hey Skeebs,
I found it on Google Images (like the one with Bert, too). How do you insert an image? I just tried and failed. I don't think I've ever uploaded one successfully into a post. I went to the insert image icon, clicked it and it doesn't enable an upload option.
Em
you can't upload images here anymore. You have to get the url to the image and paste it in between the image tags. see this link for more info http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=32457.msg459476#msg459476
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 12:23:35 am »
Hey Skeebs,
Em

Right click on the picture if it's on the internet and go to properties.  Copy the URL address and insert it between the image link.   That's one way however, it is slightly frowned upon (I still do it sometimes).  The other way is to save it to something like photobucket and paste the direct image link given for your picture.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 12:26:48 am »
okay, I've done what you two advised and have had two failures, back to back. Hmmph. I'll try one more time.

Yeah, I did it. Thanks Skeebs and Mikie!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:32:34 am by emeraldize »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 12:28:36 am »
This is interesting:

Pakistani press report from several hours ago, and in the town where Obama was captured

ABBOTTABAD: Three loud blasts were heard near the Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Kakul Road late Sunday night and a military helicopter also crashed. Sources told Geo News that heavy firing was heard in the area before the chopper crashed.

Windowpanes of the nearby buildings and houses were smashed due to the intensity of the blasts, the sources said. Eyewitnesses said first sound of heavy firing was heard and then there was a huge blast. Fire erupted at the scene of the occurrence and according to latest reports police and fire brigade teams were rushing towards the blast scene. Security forces cordoned off the entire area and military helicopters were also hovering over the area.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 12:30:27 am »
Hope we didn't lose any of our guys in this.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 12:34:45 am »
Hope we didn't lose any of our guys in this.

I don't think so, our NAVY SEALS are very good  @ what they do ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 12:35:26 am »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 12:36:25 am »
This is interesting:

Pakistani press report from several hours ago, and in the town where Obama was captured

ABBOTTABAD: Three loud blasts were heard near the Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Kakul Road late Sunday night and a military helicopter also crashed. Sources told Geo News that heavy firing was heard in the area before the chopper crashed.

I wonder if the helicopter did a Vic Morrow number on ole Osama...  that would be pretty cool.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:43:16 am by skeebo1969 »

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 12:37:47 am »
Love the pic, Miss P. Did you create it or find it this swiftly online? I'm going to forward to some folks. If you did it, I want to give credit.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 01:10:58 am »

Well, here's the important bit that some of you missed:  the one who got fired after all the Nene Leakes vs. Star jones drama was the cute but useless Hope Dworaczyk.  She will not be missed.  I'm just glad that Latoya is back  ;D

And now back to our regular Osama programming. 

Ps./ Philicia, that pickchah is FULLAWIN.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 01:14:50 am »

He doesn't look all that bad for someone who has rotted in the desert for a week.....  They took his eyes out so he can't wire bombs in the after life.

Offline drewm

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2011, 01:17:48 am »
Diagnosed in  May of 2010 with teh AIDS.

PCP Pneumonia . CD4 8 . VL 500,000

TRIUMEQ - VALTREX -  FLUOXETINE - FENOFIBRATE - PRAVASTATIN - CIALIS

Numbers consistent since 12/2010 - VL has remained undetectable and CD4 is anywhere from 275-325

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 01:27:08 am »

He doesn't look all that bad for someone who has rotted in the desert for a week.....  They took his eyes out so he can't wire bombs in the after life.

Is this a real pic that has been either leaked or sent out, or just quick work by someone with photoshop?

Offline Robert

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 02:20:03 am »
I wonder if the helicopter did a Vic Morrow number on ole Osama...  that would be pretty cool
(skeebo1969)

lol.....ta da..... ;D

Offline randym431

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 02:43:48 am »
What? No more videos? Just think... killed and canceled all in one night. I hear Bin was having a bad hair day too...
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline randym431

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 02:48:48 am »
Guess Donald Trump is already claiming credit for the kill. Says his forces looking for Obama's birth cert came across Bin Laden hiding. Contacted Donald, and Donald flew in and did the hit job. Details on Fox news later today.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.