Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:58:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 217
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Quick Question.  (Read 11157 times)

Offline WorriedUkDude

Quick Question.
« on: July 05, 2006, 07:09:51 am »
Hi and thank you in advance for your words in return.

Last week i had an incident with a girl from work who i dont really know anything about her sexual history and im a bit worried.

We deeply kissed for ages and that is no worry to me what so ever, but the fingering is what worries me.

I had a cut on the finger that i used to finger her as i have a bad habit of biting the skin around the nails on my fingers (I know is a horrible habit!).  The girl was not on her period at the time so i am just worries bout the chance of vaginal secretions getting in to the cut and infecting me?

The cut was probably quite old as the morning after i pulled at the scab and there was no cut underneath, just shiny skin which hopefully means it was at least a day old or so as if it was more recent it would surely have bledd when i picked the scab?? I picked the scab about 12 hours after the fingering.........the thing is i have no idea how old the cut was as i bite my fingers quite often you see. These cuts dont usually bleed for long.

Do i have anything to worry about or shall i move on?? Oh and finally the fingering only lasted a few minutes.

Thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Please help, fingering fear!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 07:42:00 am »
Worried,

Fingering is not a risk for hiv infection. It doesn't matter if you have cuts or bitten nails, cuticles or any thing else you can think of. Fingering is not a risk. Neither is kissing and I don't care how deep a kiss you had.

Please read through the Welcome Thread and follow the Lessons links.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Use condoms for intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 08:52:16 am »
Thanks Ann, ive read lots but i needed to hear it for my situation as others cases are similar to myne they arent myne.

Thanks for your reply!!!

Does anyone else have a view on this as i really dont want to spend time worrying over my incident if it doesnt warrant any worry.

Would these small biting cuts even be sufficient for the theoretical risk of fingering?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 09:03:12 am »
No, there is not slightest worry or risk.

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 09:47:36 am »
Am i right in thinking that if the infection made contact with the cut, it would still be almost impossible to make it in to the bloodstream due to the lack of receptors, and the blood pressure of the blood forcing the infection away from the open cut???

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 10:42:23 am »
Am i right in these assumptions???

Thanks

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 03:11:43 pm »
Will anybody else please reply, i would just like a wider response if possible.

I have checked the web and it seems that my cut will have been more than a day old for the scab to come off and for no cut to still be underneath it.

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 05:53:15 pm »
Worried,

No risk.

Morgan Landers

Offline WorriedUkDude

Lubricant....Possible exposure?
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 01:38:04 pm »
Hi Guys,

I've been a worried well in the past and sadly i might be on the slippery slope again of what if's.

Well here's the situation....

I've just finished with my girlfriend and afterwards started to think maybe she had been with somebody else, after a comment a friend said........a question many people think when they finished with somebody.

we both got tested for STI's when we were together and she was diagnosed with Chlamydia but we moved on after treatment etc

We often used lube during sex but always wore condoms.......the lube was water-based.

The lube would often become sticky and i would grab the bottle for more.

Now my question is if she had been with somebody and caught HIV or other STI's and her vaginal secretions got on to the Lubricant bottle and cap/opening of the bottle, or even in to the lube inside the bottle, would they still be infectious after a week or so due to the lube keeping it moist???

I masterbated with the lube you see after we had finished our relationship, and im worried that maybe i came into contact with her secretions in this way as i was always very careful not to come into contact with her secretions.

So my question is if she did indeed did have HIV would i have any chance at all of catching it this way???

I wouldnt have posted but couldnt find a similar post anywhere in the archives.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

WorriedUKDude

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Lubricant....Possible exposure?
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 02:10:54 pm »
In no way is it possible for you to get HIV from this.  Hiv is VERY fragile and difficult to transmit.  Not to mention it is transmitted INSIDE the body, not from a lube bottle.  If this was possible we would have heard of thousands of cases of this happening.  There is just no way its possible.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 02:39:36 pm »
Thanks for the reply ACinKC.

Any other replies would be great.

Especially from moderators (like Andy Velez and Ann).

Thanks in advance.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 02:39:47 pm »
As KC has told you, there wasn't the remotest chance of transmission in this latest what if.

Is this all you have to do with your time? To come up with this kind of nonsense about HIV? And you want more responses? Are you thinking we're here to entertain you?

How about just reading the lessons about transmission and testing which you can find a link to in the Welcome thread which opens this section?

And then get on with your life. No kidding.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 02:53:12 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 03:30:34 pm »
Thank you for your blunt response.

It was a little harsh though as you dont know my life and were slightly quick to dismiss my worries.

I thank you for allaying my fears with this one though, i really do.

But i have had several one in a million tragedies over the last three years including my best friend, realitives and a girlfriend passing away, in awful and sudden circumstances.

I know i have irrational fears and that is why i am in councelling but i hope that you see it a little less like i am wasting your time now.

Thank you. I wont bother you again.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 04:02:13 pm »
If you would have bothered to read the "Welcome" thread (like you were suppose to do) and follow and read the links, you wouldn't have posted that question and you would have gained the information and knowledge of HIV that you needed.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 04:07:16 pm »
But i have had several one in a million tragedies over the last three years including my best friend, realitives and a girlfriend passing away, in awful and sudden circumstances.

I know i have irrational fears and that is why i am in councelling but i hope that you see it a little less like i am wasting your time now.

Thank you. I wont bother you again.

Those arent one in a million instances, people die every day.  We are blunt because sometimes people need it.  Good luck.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 09:04:35 am »
I'm glad to read that you're getting counseling to deal with the losses you have experienced.

And of course I couldn't know about all of that going on in your life. Being how I am I can tell you I just deal with what I get and respond accordingly how I see appropriate for the situation. And I will continue to call it like I see it.

Wishing you well,
Andy Velez

Offline WorriedUkDude

Quick Question.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 05:05:34 am »
Hi Guys,

Im not worried like i usually am when i come on here but i just have a quick question.

I have been going councelling for my fears and am getting much better, after the advice of people on here.

The question is:-

If i shaved my genitlas and cut myself and had a small amount of blood coming from cuts on my scrotum, could A) I catch HIV from condom protected sex through the cuts?
B) Could my partner catch HIV from condom protected sex via the small amount of blood on my testicles coming into contact with her vagina during sex.

If you could answer my questions that would be great.

You guys on here are always a great help.

Thanks!!!

Offline RapidRod

Re: Quick Question.
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 05:35:58 am »
Put all your questions and thoughts in your orginal thread. Do NOT start new threads.

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 05:55:16 am »
Hi Rapid,

This is my original thread.

Any chance you can answer the questions please?

I know you have been very helpfull in the past.

Thanks.

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 06:07:32 am »
Oh Right i see. Sorry, didnt think they were the same thread anymore.

Does anyone have any views on the cut on scrotum questions?

Im mainly interested in the womens chances of being infected?

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 06:07:50 am »
worried,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

I've lost count of the guys who come through here worried about shaving incidents involving their testicles. It isn't a risk.

The skin begins to heal any breaches in the skin immediately after one happens. This is to protect the body from any sort of pathogen that may be wandering around. Small knicks from shaving don't present a viable entry to the body for hiv.

You're also worried about your blood being present - but I have to say, if you're cutting your balls up that badly when you're shaving, you should be heading to the ER to get stitched back up, not into the sack for some fun.

Normal knicks from shaving aren't a worry.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 06:15:33 am »
Thanks Ann,

So would it also be no risk for my girlfriend if her vagina came into contact with the blood, we always use condoms but the blood on scrotum has got me thinking?

im testing soon, regular annual check, but just want to be sure i couldnt even risk infecting her in this way (and for general knowledge for the future aswel).

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 06:27:36 am »
No, risk. You know you did not have profuse bleeding and had sex.

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 06:31:32 am »
No risk for both man and women in the situation described?

Just most people only ask about men, id like to know for both people having sex.

Thanks everyone.

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 06:41:18 am »
sorry that was supposed to say is it no risk for both the man a women and in the situation described??

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 06:42:51 am »
You had protected sex, you are not going to infect anyone from a nick and no one is going to infect your nick. If you are that worried that one of you are HIV positive both of you go test. Then you will not be having any unwarranted worries.  

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 06:48:44 am »
Thanks Rod.

I am testing soon, my girlfriend doesnt want to tho, said she has no reason to.......cant make her change her mind really.

Thanks for the info Rod, you and the others on this site educate so many people and calm so many fears.

You are all truly amazing people!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 07:02:40 am »
If she doesn't want to test, then continue to use a condom even after your results.

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 07:31:14 am »
I will do Rod.

Do all the othere experts agree with Rod on the subject.

That i will not infect anyone with a nick and they will not infect me??

Afterall i always wear a condom as i know HIV worries me.

lots of views would be much appreciated, i really value what all of you experts say!!!

Thanks.

Offline WorriedUkDude

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 09:09:36 am »
Any one else?

would really apreciate more views.

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 09:32:59 am »
worried,

A nick poses no hiv threat either way.

If your girlfriend has ever had unprotected intercourse, then she certainly DOES have a reason to test. Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

And stop worrying about your nicked nuts!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.