Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:02:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773461
  • Total Topics: 66367
  • Online Today: 380
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 307
Total: 308

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hands-free Faucets Carry More Germs...  (Read 2569 times)

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
Hands-free Faucets Carry More Germs...
« on: March 31, 2011, 06:48:34 pm »
Story here:

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=14360666

Well, good intentions with the invention anyway.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline hope_for_a_cure

Re: Hands-free Faucets Carry More Germs...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 06:54:59 pm »
That article also brings up a good point about coffee makers.  If you really think about it, most of the drip makers rarely do get a good cleaning, you know, a germ killing cleaning.  Hell, some folks just dump the used bag out, rinse the pot then thats it till they make coffee again the next day.

Hands free blowers have germ issues too from what I read somewhere.  Just encase me in an impermeable membrane!  

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:09:03 pm »
Don't forget your shower heads, they're blasting bacteria on you.

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-09-14/health/showerhead.bacteria_1_germs-showerheads-bacteria?_s=PM:HEALTH

That's why i dont bathe.

-Will

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:12:01 pm »
Sometimes its best not to reinvent the wheel.

In the (control freak's) training I did today, I learned that the blackboard is as good and often better classroom tool than so many new fangled teaching technologies.

I have two friends my age who are very social and refuse to get mobile phones, and it works fine.

For years they have told us soap and water are the best disinfectant and antibacterial this and that are counterproductive.

and so on and so on.

They have these stainless steel public toilets huts now in my town. When you walk out the whole thing gets misted. Creeps me out.  Doesn't that mean the next person going in walks into a mist of antiseptic chemicals?  

They tested grocery carts and found them far dirtier than the average public toilet.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 07:16:22 pm »
That's why i dont bathe.

That explains that odiferous wind we get from the west from time to time.  'Funky Wumpy' particles carried through the atmosphere by the jetstream.    

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 07:26:09 pm »
We drink well water which is not treated in any way except for a sediment filter to remove sand. Yes, straight from my front yard, where my dogs poop, into my body. Somehow I have survived.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 02:08:10 am »
I'm a firm believer that in order for your immune system to remain strong you need to be exposed to minute amounts of different germs on a fairly regular basis.  The people who bathe in antibacterials and sanitizers always seem to be the ones who are sick most often.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.