Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:13:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 161
Total: 161

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm Tired Of This Shit.  (Read 33353 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: I'm Tired Of This Shit.
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2007, 02:03:24 pm »
OMG, Philly, I had no idea.  I certainly was lucky then, but luck ran out when I became resistant.

Did you buy stock?   :P
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline dixieman

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2007, 02:45:04 pm »
Kaletra is a hell drug... I was on it for 3 years... great numbers but, I had to plan exactly when I took the drug and wait for 30 minutes then run to the bathroom... watch the fats in your food.. eating Brown rice helped but, I was so grateful when I sought out a new doctor and started atripila... kaletra and zerit took all the fat from my body and it all went down the toilet... this combo almost made working in the office impossible...

Offline vegaslocal39

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2007, 03:12:56 pm »
After I had some rectal bleeding, my doc examined me and said I had some internal 'roids.  But he sent me for a colonoscopy anyway to be sure.  The doc that gave me the 'ol poop chute camera test confirmed that I was indeed okay (no cancer), but did have internal 'roids.  The thing that surprised me is that I thought these were caused by straining/constipation.  (And of course, ever since I've been on meds, that's one problem I have not had to deal with.)  The GI doc said that they are also caused by going too often, which puts stress on your sensitive innards down there.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that in addition to the inconvenience of going too often, other problems can develop....and believe me, they are not funny.  They are painful as hell.  So, if you can switch, you might want to go ahead and do it.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2007, 04:17:56 pm »
OMG, Philly, I had no idea.  I certainly was lucky then, but luck ran out when I became resistant.

Did you buy stock?   :P

Not only that honey, but I had to suffer through the entire era of protease inhibitors and the accompanying diarrhea, which obviously in my case was uber-severe, without the damn fucking pills every once giving me an undetectable viral load.

Oh, and I showed resistance to the entire class from day one when they came out with the geno/phenotype tests.  Still, they kept me on PI's anyway, in fact they then put me on paired PI's so not only did I have to take Kaletra but I had to take the even MORE diarrhea inducing Invirase with it.  Hence the 10 imodium each day (20 mg in total).
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2007, 07:57:32 pm »
Tim.

I have been on Kaletra since it came out, and when it went to a pill form my squirts didn't stop at all.  Now I enjoy those perfectly shaped movements because I have at least 6 to 8 ounces of Yogurt every day.  I buy the quarts of whole milk organic yogurt, but I am sure any choice you make would also do.  Please try it and let me know if you aren't having wonderful movements in about three days.  It really works, and if I miss a few days, it is back to liquid hell.

Just something I found really works without changing meds or without adding any other meds to the dish each day.  Please believe me, it really works.  Of course everyone is different so I can't guarantee it but it certainly isn't a bad thing to try because you will also find that it keeps the digestion working and I actually eat less, have more energy, and lost a few pounds that came on with the nasty Kaletra with olestra.

Love,
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2007, 07:59:19 pm »
Dear Youth Pastor Tim,

You must remember that line of crap about, "every cloud must have a silver lining..."  Here is another one!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I use this issue to get out of Jury Duty.  Doctor writes a letter introducing you as his/her patient with a disease which makes travel complicated with often embarrasing problems.  The Clerk of the Court will drop you from the list of potential jurors.  I have done it in 4 counties and Grand Jury, hey never argue about it.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline SouthSam7

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2007, 11:04:44 pm »
Thunter, I'm sorry the ADs aren't working for you.  I used to take Imodium and Pepto pills every morning with my first dose of HIV meds.  Take them every day as a preventative, before you get in trouble.

Also, I take fiber twice a day (like Metamucil).  Sounds weird but it works for me.  The opiates work well, too.  They take a day or two to work, though.

There may be a prescription you can get when things get really bad.  I had a tropical bug one time and the doc gave me Lomotil or Lonox until it passed.  I think they are only for occasional use, though, and they will make you sleepy.  Ask your NP or Dr. about that.

I apologize if you have already tried these tips.  I don't have the problem anymore, but when for about a year on Norvir, I took Imodium and Pepto pills every day as a preventative.  Good luck.

Love,
Sam

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2007, 11:44:15 pm »
Thanks, Sam and all.  Yes, another day...same old shit.  The amount of TP I have gone through since early yesterday is staggering.  Whole rain forests are probably disappearing down my loo.

My ass is its own Inconvenient Truth.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2007, 12:22:58 am »
Buy a bidet. 

Offline SouthSam7

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2007, 12:26:34 am »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2007, 12:31:49 am »
Buy a bidet. 

not an option.  we're in a drought here in north georgia.  there are water restrictions i would certainly break.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2007, 12:38:42 am »
You remind me of some other posters here who just want to complain but not take any advice.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2007, 12:45:50 am »
Buy a bidet. 
Having had a bidet at my house when I lived in France, I can give some information. The bidet's original purpose is ONLY for women washing their vagina and anus. Men did not need to wash their anus, of course.

The bidet delivers hot and cold water, modern ones will have a hot/cold mix so that you can conveniently wash your vagina with water that is not too cold and not too hot. It is not expected to wash out large components, i.e. turds, but rather expects only fluids. If you use a bidet and shit in it, then you're up for some trouble. Diarreha is acceptable if watery enough. We're talking small drains here, not toilets.

I hope it helped.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2007, 12:47:12 am »
Sounds like a bidet would be perfect for Kaletra's infamous Explosive D.

Mind you Milkmaid.  I've been to France many, many times and am familiar with how a bidet works.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2007, 12:53:58 am »
Mind you Milkmaid.  I've been to France many, many times and am familiar with how a bidet works.

France be damned.  Any dignified bottom should know this.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2007, 12:58:11 am »
France be damned.  Any dignified bottom should know this.

You've obviously never been gang raped by a group of Moroccan and Algerians from the Dix-Huitième Arrondisement.

Offline edfu

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2007, 01:05:15 am »
Reply #55 above:

Hey, I got out of jury duty for the same reason.  My doctor wrote a very specific letter, and they couldn't get rid of me in the jury-appeals room fast enough.  

I've found Lomotil to cause the opposite problem.  Also not pleasant.  
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline edfu

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2007, 01:07:34 am »
You've obviously never been gang raped by a group of Moroccan and Algerians from the Dix-Huitième Arrondisement.

Only you, Philly, only you.  Talk about being in the right place at the right time!
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline slimbimale

• Tested Oct 21 1994 ( A New Life Begins )
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2007, 01:35:18 am »
I know what your going through..I was on Kaletra for awhile , but the one that was worse for me was Viracept.( I use to call it Liquid Fire ) ..and I was on it for 4 and 1/2 years and it was a constant battle ..I did find something that worked for me most of the time .
I use to take between 1200 to 2400 Mg's of calcium a day ( 600 mg a pill ) so it was only 2 to 4 pills a day and take them with food ..after about a week I went off the anti- D's and most of the time it worked good .
Calicum doesn't get absorbed well so I would break the tablets in half ..
And if you keep an eye on some of the stores ..they will have a buy one get one free sale ..which makes it that much cheaper . And the bottles i bought was 500 pills to a bottle , so it lasted awhile ..I told a few friends about taking calcium pills and most it help ..some it didn't .. But I was willing to try about anything at that time ..Hope it works out for you ..I am now on Reyataz and it have been working fine ( no yellow ) and I just read that we need to drink a lot of water with it , because it can cause stones just like crixi ..Good luck to you ..
Let Go and Let GOD

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2007, 04:01:28 am »
I've been on kaletra for 4 years now. I must say that I have had the runs allot less then I first did. That's the good news.

Hell of it is, believe it or not, I'm practically constipated all of the time!

I'm on crestor too, just started it this week.

So, I don't know, can it just be kaletra? How do we know that? Maybe it's the combo of certain drugs?

Whatever the case thunter, It does go away. I hope it goes away for you soon.
Positive since 1985

Offline LordBerners

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2007, 03:16:12 pm »
Please excuse a newbies comment.  I'm not on meds yet, in fact was just diagnosed, but I'm a lifelong IBS sufferer - Irritable Bowel Syndrom - totally unrelated to and predating accuiring hiv.  I experience a violent need to poo 30 minutes after just about every meal!  Also I live in Thailand, so I occiasonally get the runs from ULTRA spicey food (which I love - the spicy food, not the runs).  So I'm used to diarrhea and am hoping that this stands me in good stead when I start meds.

Secondly, regarding biddets, here in Thailand and much of Asia they have a little sprayer on a tube attached to the toilet - it looks exactly like the sprayer next to some american kitchen sinks for washing dishes.  I have to say that thing is a life-saver - makes diarrhea less of a problem as there is no abrasion factor from the TP.

A typical toilet here:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 04:02:07 pm by LordBerners »
Please, just call me Berners.. or Baron.

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2007, 03:34:30 pm »
Here's the bright side...

AT LEAST WE'RE REGULAR!  ;D

(And now, a word from our sponsors...)

Felling a little rushed? Don't know where to go? Visit our new "Bathroom Finder" tool at Immodium.com.

http://www.imodium.com/page.jhtml?id=/imodium/include/3_5.inc

(Talk about knowing your audience.)  :o
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2007, 06:03:25 pm »
That's an intersting web tool!  There are only 37 bathrooms in Austin, and none in my zipcode!  Funny, most of the ones listed are reputed to be toe-tapping locations (Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, State Capitol Building)  but I can see that this could be useful to a visitor with mobile internet access.

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2007, 06:39:44 pm »
Please excuse a newbies comment.  I'm not on meds yet, in fact was just diagnosed, but I'm a lifelong IBS sufferer - Irritable Bowel Syndrom - totally unrelated to and predating accuiring hiv.  I experience a violent need to poo 30 minutes after just about every meal!  Also I live in Thailand, so I occiasonally get the runs from ULTRA spicey food (which I love - the spicy food, not the runs).  So I'm used to diarrhea and am hoping that this stands me in good stead when I start meds.

Secondly, regarding biddets, here in Thailand and much of Asia they have a little sprayer on a tube attached to the toilet - it looks exactly like the sprayer next to some american kitchen sinks for washing dishes.  I have to say that thing is a life-saver - makes diarrhea less of a problem as there is no abrasion factor from the TP.

A typical toilet here:

EEEK! That toilet needs a good scrubbing!

Offline btobaby

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2007, 11:18:12 am »
me too! I'm tired of arranging my day around shit.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2007, 01:31:12 pm »
omg... that bathroom finder is hilarious

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2007, 01:35:08 pm »
omg... that bathroom finder is hilarious

not cool.  my first try returned "no results for that area"   :o
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2007, 06:22:40 pm »
Rich seems to be handling it OK, so I'll consider it.   ;D

How did I get involved in this ? LOL
I'm on special K too and after 6 years on the damned thing, my pooping issues are much better..and I take VIDEX too...but at least since they changed the formula from those nasty chalk like tablets I don't have those problems anymore.

Have you checked your self for parasites....I had a real problem with pooping and came to find out it was caused by a parasite....as my doctor put it..."it happens when you eat ass"  ::)

Rich
(who now keeps a prescription of anti parasite drugs handy)
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline PJC0510

• Life is worth living, so live it while you have it
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2007, 10:17:05 am »
Thing is, the combo has been working- and working well overall.  Part of me wants to ride that train as long is it runs.  

Yet at the same time, it's the runs that are killing me.

Well sir, I too am tired of the insane amount of times I am spitting out shit.  How I would love to have a solid crap at least once a day. 

I am in the same boat with the Special K, my numbers have been going up (started at 130 and up to 513 TCells) and I have been undetectable since my second round of blood tests.

But I am going to talk to my doctor on Monday to switch to Atripla.  The deciding factor came Saturday night while I was at a friends house.  I was talking with he and his wife and thought I had to fart, and it was more than than that.  I had to excuse myself to use the bathroom, and as I sat on the commode, i said enough is enough. 

Tired of the constant running to the toilet at work, making sure I was alone before the water works started.  Tired of taking the Immodium, tired of throwing away underwear (you know the really comfortable ones.)  And then there is the occasional romp in the sack with the BF, although he is also POZ and says he understands, I still feel bad when it happens.

So good bye Kaletra, hello to saving $$$ on toilet paper!

I wish you a day filled with beauty and lovenad
I may never beat HIV, but then again, it will NEVER beat me!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.