Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:02:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 332
Total: 333

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The food thread - "we desrve to be healthy & in shape"...  (Read 57771 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: The food thread - "we desrve to be healthy & in shape"...
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2008, 10:15:48 pm »
Well, for supper I had 1/2 bagel w/cream cheese and a yogurt.  Oh, and 2 pieces of Fannie May.  God help me.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2008, 07:09:16 am »
I forgot to write that I am 1.65 tall and weigh 64 kilos. That's 141 lbs.

yesterday: 1/4 baguette with light cream cheese & honey & coffee for breakfast
Lunch: Big salad (veggies only) & light cottage cheese for lunch

In between: 4 capuccinos  & Bounty bar  :-\
1 apple

Dinner: rice & green curry (as night before), glass of milk, 1/4 baguette & yoghurt/pudding

Hmm, if I just didn't have that bounty bar & the last desert, and 2 extra capuccinos, I'd be pleased with myself. I could probably have skipped the 2nd 1/4 baguette too.

today I had 1/4 baguette with light cream cheese & jam, 1 pear, 2 dates and 2 coffees (not capuccinos just regular), 1 green tea, so far, but I'll write it all later

Betty sounds like a nice lunch you had, am craving steak & salad now. what's a Fannie Mae?
off for a jog now

PS: this thread has been read more than 700 times. How many people are watching what we eat?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 07:13:46 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2008, 07:46:47 am »
Drag, how tall is 1.65 (how many feet, inches)?  Oh, Fannie May is the best chocolate in the world.  They're made in Chicago.  I'll write later about what I've eaten.  Still drinking morning coffee right now.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2008, 08:23:28 am »
So far this morning, I've had a glass of water and a vitamen.  But, Hubby is in the kitchen making breakfast: bacon, biscuits, and eggs.  I'll have a couple pieces of bacon and a biscuit, no eggs, and my glass of chocolate milk.  Last night for supper, I made homemade chili, cornbread,and grilled cheese sandwiches. I had a bowl of chili and some crackers.  I managed to get through the evening without a snack - a huge change for me.

I've been sleeping a lot better, too. 

Well, I'm off to eat my breakfast.  I'll write later about what else I had to eat today.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2008, 10:32:24 am »
Hubby is in the kitchen making breakfast: bacon, biscuits, and eggs. 

I think your husband is my boyfriend's dream wife. I once, only once, made him bacon & eggs, and when he saw it he made a sound that I have heard him make, anywhere (need an eyebrow raising icon here). I don't know what thse buiscits are, some of the foods that you ladies eat are a piece of Americana for me.

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline thandi

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2008, 02:05:05 pm »
Hi everyone

I have not been feeling too goodl had bit of a flu but getting better now.

Drag - thanks for the info on soya milk I threw away all my soya products, was also having soya yoghurt and soya cream for cooking. It get me so scared cause apart from this hiv thing I am a breast cancer survivor it was caught early though and the lump was removed. Gone through that horrible treatment chemo and radiation and the works, thats one of the reasons I am obsessed with leaving healthy. So this soya thing and cancer got me so scared. I will try and search some more info on it please get me some if you can.

Tendai - hope everything went well in Zim you are in my prayers.

Keep healthy everyone

Offline vivyt

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2008, 02:55:34 pm »
Well I didn't post yesterday...sorry! I was kind of bad :P I had my usual oatmeal and coffee for breakfast. I was bad at lunch. I had pizza and salad and I had a miniature Almond Joy. Right now I am so hungry! I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan. I watch the foodnetwork and saw it on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" and it looked good. I am still working out everyday. I spend 30 minutes on the elliptical and this morning I took my dog for a walk. Next week I think I am going to meet with a trainer.
Today:
1 cup of coffee 1 packet splenda and a little half and half
1 cup of oatmeal with cinnamon and 1 packet splenda and a little nf milk
1 large orange

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2008, 04:56:42 pm »
Yall know im stressing right now and I am definitely an emotional eater......Nuff Said..Hopefully next week will be better...
Live life to the fullest...

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2008, 05:56:06 pm »
I Think I am crazy!! I started the hip hop abs program!!! My Back and my abs are so sore lol!!!! Yean I am crazy!! anyone want to join me LOL!!! ;) :D
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2008, 06:42:17 pm »
OMG we could start a volleyball team with the number of tall girls posting here!  :)

I am 5'5-1/2" and weighed 162 this morning.  I hover btwn 161-164 lbs.
(Drag, that's 73.63kg this morning, btwn 73.18 - 74.54 kg)

I am all boobs, FINALLY got them in 2005 at age 35, thanks to lipo.  I have great legs but my waist is pretty thick.  I carry my weight pretty well, but won't be sporting a bikini anytime soon.

Oh, and I'm on the Hershey's Miniatures Diet right now.  LOL

Crazy about South Beach Diet's Chicken Salad with Walnuts and Cranberries.  TONS of protein to curb hunger during the day.  For the diabetics it has about 26 grams carb, and just as much protein!  I bought 5 packs at Walmart today!  Its in a box where the lunch meats are sold, refrigerated section.

:)
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2008, 07:17:41 pm »
TreDai, I did a strenuous abs workout 3 days ago.  I didn't think I'd ever be able to raise my arms over my head again for the next 2 days. 

Well, my bff and I went to T.G.I.Friday's today and I had 1/2 of their cobb chicken salad and some fried green beans (I know that sounds gros, but they're really good).  They come with wasabi dip.  Then I had a Banana Anna coffee drink.  Lord knows how many calories that had.

On another note, I got some nicotine patches.  I seem to have the most luck with those.  The Chantix makes me extremely nauceous, no matter what I do.  That's my day (of course, the night's not over yet and there's still Fannie May to be had).

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2008, 09:10:41 pm »
I don't know what thse buiscits are, some of the foods that you ladies eat are a piece of Americana for me.

Biscuits are just bread. The easy way of making them is opening a can of dough and baking them. Some people make the dough themselves.
I didnt see any biscuits on menus in the northern states but in the south they are a staple breakfast item.

Picture

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2008, 07:48:15 am »
Wendy, those look exactly like English scones to me

Thandi, I would hate to send you in a panic, actually I looked online and saw that there is evidence there is no link btw cancer & soya, then again there were studies to see if soya prevents cancer, then again I did read that it can cause cancer, but now I see that there is some serious research that it doesnt and may even protect. I just give you a link and you can look more yourself, the original article I read was not in English.

http://www.nature.com/bjc/journal/v98/n1/full/6604145a.html

In short, I didn't mean you to throw all your soy away... I just wanted to tell you maybe to look it up. I think the best thing since you're had the breast cancer treated is simply to ask the doctors, they are the ones most imformed bout research. what is clear is that soy ahs hormones in it and they could be linked either negatively or positively to cancer. sorry about that again...

I ate 1/4 baguette with light cream cheese and blackberry jam yesterday (wrote already), with green tea, 1 coffee (instant) a couple dates and a pear, then went to gym and had an apple, then for lunch a cucamber & tomato with light cream cheese, and at 17.00 a coffee (instant) and fruit salad topped with some pudding, & for dinner some rice & curry (yawn, I will make something else today, I always cook too much), chicken thigh with some chickpeas, 1 small bun, 300 gr of red berries for desert, and... 1 glass of milk with some chocolate, and.... 200 gr, yep 200 gr of pistaccios. but with the shells so more like 100 gr which is still an awful lot. what a mess... I definately strive to make my eating saner, as soon as I get back after next week. writing this makes me realize what an erratic eater I am and also that the most dangerous time for me is after dinner, the later it is in the day the more I am prone to F up.  I also sometimes even forget what I ate, like the other day I forgot to add a bag of snacks... it just goes to show how little attention I can pay to eating, and yet I eat all day long esp when working.

I don't know if I'll work out today. I know I should but am lazy. it's so boring. but I know if I do it I'll feel better so better get to it.

Good luck ladies, hope whatever we eat today, we will chew it thoughtfully and enjoy. Or as some crazy diet lady used to say, "stop the insanity".

Betty what is your ab workout routine? could use some of that, the part of me I'm laziest to excercise is abs, but it's real important, not just for appearances, even more for back problems

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2008, 08:35:34 am »
Drag, the ab thing I did is one of the our cable company's perks.  It's on one of their channels.  I hadn't done any abdominal-specific exercises in about a year, so that really tore me up.

I don't think I'm going to eat breakfast this morning; my sugar was really high when I got up.  And I'm meeting my sister for lunch in like 3 1/2 hours.  So if I ate now, I wouldn't be able to eat lunch.  I'll write later about what I ate for lunch this afternoon.

Oh, I don't exercise on the weekends.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2008, 10:36:01 am »
Well yesterday I succumbed to the cravings. I went to the market before I ate lunch...big mistake! I bought the ingredients for the eggplant parm along w/cinnamon rolls...YUM! When I go home I had a cin. roll  and then made the eggplant. Turned out VERY GOOD! I ate that for lunch and then for dinner I had another cin. roll... :( :(

Yesterday I really just wanted to eat anything and everything. Good think I don't keep sweets in the house otherwise I would be in big trouble.

Monday I go back to work and I am going to incorporate my workout to the early evening. While I was on vacation I did it in the morning which was nice. I hope the change of time doesn't change my motivation.

Off to eat breakfast...should I eat my oatmeal or be naughty and have a cinnamon roll....? LOL

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2008, 02:02:17 pm »
I had a bowl of fruity pebbles for breakfast and a can of chef boyardee for lunch LOL

No telling what I'll have for dinner.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2008, 04:07:17 pm »
I don't think I posted yesterday and I can't remember what I ate  :-\

I had a coffee this morning and a 1/2 bagel and then took the kids to Chuckee Cheese and I had to slices of pizza.  Oh I remember going to CC's this morning was continuation to the b-day party we went to last night.  I had some little pieces of barb-q chicken there and some veggies and dip.  Big Mac on the way, no fries at least.

Does anybody eat/drink anything with aspertime (sp)? in it?  My fathers friend who is a vet told him that if it reaches a certain temp in peoples bodies and can turn to formaldahyde(sp)....that can't be good
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2008, 05:31:06 pm »
aspartame or NutraSweet. I googled it. Pretty interesting stuff. I think that it isn't proven yet its theoretic still.

In general I don't use artificial sweeteners. I do on occasion though. For some reason I prefer sugar free Jello to the real stuff and most often if I drink Kool Aid I get the sugar free kind.

I'm a huge sugar junkie so I never go a day without a regular sugared soda or sweet tea.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2008, 10:53:45 pm »
Well I ended up eating the cin. roll for breakfast w/ a second cup of coffee
Snack: 1 orange
Lunch: Panda Express
Snack: Dr. Pepper and corn nuts

And that's all....the weekends should be fun right?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2008, 11:21:23 pm »
I'm so embarrased after my free-for-all with food today, I'm not going to post what I ate.  Tomorrow's  another day.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2008, 11:35:19 pm »
I found a show we can watch that might curb our appetite.  It is on the travel channel and it is called Bizarre Foods with someguy I have never heard off.  They were showing cooked amardillo, feral pig, brains and drinking booger juice.......it looked so nasty!!!

I had turkey with mashed potatoes and peas for supper , a clemetine, 2 small peppermint patties and a tea for a snack.

I was watching some other show I can make you thin - I think.  They were saying something about putting down your fork after every bite and chewing sssssslllooooooowwwwwly.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2008, 08:53:47 am »
I found a show we can watch that might curb our appetite.  It is on the travel channel and it is called Bizarre Foods with someguy I have never heard off.  They were showing cooked amardillo, feral pig, brains and drinking booger juice.......it looked so nasty!!!

Well, I won't be watching that show anytime soon.   I can barely stand to talk about such things. 

So far all I've had are a couple cups of coffee and a bottle of water.  I'll be going out to lunch today with a friend; I hope I can refrain from any binge-eating.  My sugar was high again this morning, so I don't think I will be eating anything before lunch. 

I really need to exercise in a few minutes.  I'm trying to force myself to do that because it will help with the stopping smoking. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2008, 01:28:27 pm »
OK.  I did exercise this morning.  A cardio/ab routine.  Then I ate 1/2 a cup of fruit.

For lunch, I had a salad (with blue cheese dressing) and a diet Pepsi.  Then I came home and ate two pieces of candy.  That's not anything I'm going to be giving up anytime soon.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2008, 07:04:04 pm »
THe only thing mildly healthy I did today was cut the amount of sugar I put in my tea and used splenda too.

I made sloppy joes and beans and cornbread for dinner LOL

We will have beans for a couple of days...toot toot

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2008, 07:51:30 pm »
Interesting thread. I guess I will add my 2 cents. The problem area for me is my tummy. I think it started with having 3 c-sections and went to hell from there. I heard when you have c-sections it is hard to build the stomach muscles back up due to that is where they cut. But I am 5'3 and weigh 171, it is all in my hips, ass, and stomach.

I can't do crunches because of lower back problems so not sure what to do really. My eating, well, even with puffing, I still think I eat pretty healthy. I love salads and veggies. When I go shopping I get mainly those things and every so often some chips but I get the ones with no trans fat. My downfall would have to be Pepsi, steak, and prolly some starchy foods like rice and potatoes which are my fave.

For the most part, I am only eating once a day when I don't have things here to munch on. So not really sure if I am eating healthy or not.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vivyt

« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2008, 08:16:32 pm »
Well here goes another day of starting out ok and then being a little bad

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Special K
1 slice of whole wheat toast

Once I got to school I found some Easter candy on my desk from last week so of course I couldn't let that go to waste... ;) For snack I had an orange and part of a sugar cookie

Lunch:
Taco Bell...I know, I know- I had a beefy melt, fiesta potatoes, and a Dr. Pepper.

I did workout after work though so that is good. I just don't want to give up my food...

Betty you sure are doing good with your exercises. I also don't think you should give up your candy.
I like this thread. It kind of keeps me accountable and it is kind of fun!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2008, 10:19:36 pm »
I had a coffee this morning while my mother and I were driving around.  She is having a test tomorrow so couldn't eat anything but jello and I felt bad and didn't want to eat anything in front of her.  I had raisin bran about 2, before supper I had a handful of chips, for supper spaghetti and one meatball( I never make spaghetti and meatballs for some reason they gross me out, that and meatloaf.ICK..) Gave the rest to the kids usually it is the other way around :) , one roll. I had parmesean cheese on the spaghetti.  I just had one of those cottage cheese things that you mix raspberry something in with.

Viv- You and Betty and Drag are doing good working out.  The only lifting I do is 30+ lbs of kids in and out of car seats 4x a day...Does that count?  :)

Offline vivyt

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2008, 11:01:47 pm »
I would say lifting kids count...LOL!

Well my dinner says it all
1 individual frozen pizza
1 piece of toast w/peanut butter
handfull of baby carrots

Tomorrow's another day...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2008, 12:46:43 am »
Dinner was spaghetti for me too and some Pepsi. I did munch on the last piece of steak from yesterday around 10 ish since I didn't have anything to munch on...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2008, 07:56:02 am »
I ate some Doritos, 7 pieces of candy and a Little Debbie last night.  Needless to say, when I got up this morning, my sugar was 366 (!).  That doesn't happen very often.  It shouldn't happen at all.  Not sure when I'll eat today, but I've given myself the appropriate Insulin to bring my sugar down and I'll be exercising again. 

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2008, 11:06:49 am »
I'm going to have beans and cornbread for breakfast  ;D

Offline wishful

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2008, 01:52:56 pm »
ok for breakfast i had turkey bacon n egg n cheese on wheat toast...and an orange juice..No lunch yet..prob wont eat lunch...i made baked n bar b q chicken, mashed potatoes n vegatables for dinner..so ill prob just eat those left overs when i get home..im craving some cola tho...instead i walked pass the machine and came up stairs and got water instead..but i still wann a pepsi or a cherry coke...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2008, 02:13:42 pm »
For breakfast, 3/4 cup Honey Nut Cheerios and 1/2 a banana (and water).  Then, when I was out shopping, my sugar crashed, so I ate a candy bar.  I hope that holds me until supper.  I don't know what I'm eating for supper yet.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2008, 02:25:39 pm »
I had a coffee and a bagel with cream cheese.
A choclate chip cookie and a yogurt for lunch.
I'm making chili with ground turkey for din-din.

I'm gonna have some baby carrots right now with HVR.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2008, 08:29:48 am »
Well yesterday was ehhhh
Breakfast:
1 bowl of Special K
1 Slice of wheat toast
1 cup of coffee
Snack: It's a lot!
1 cookie
1 snack size bag of chips
1 cup of coffee
1 banana
Lunch:
The school lunch-you know what the kids eat which means it can't be healthy
Dinner:
BBQ Chicken Wrap from Red Robin

I ate A LOT yesterday!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2008, 08:36:56 am »
Last night I polished off the bag of Doritos and had 4 pieces of choclate.  This morning my sugar was 404 (yeah, I know, dangerous).  I've resolved not to buy anymore Doritos.  The chocolate, well, that's another story.  Haven't eaten breakfast yet, but I plan on 1/2 a bagel, 1/2 a banana, and a small glass of milk.  I will be exercising this morning as well.

Offline wishful

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2008, 10:10:01 am »
LAst night i ate my leftovers..not much..and i had a bowl of cereal and some swedish fishies (munchies)...this am i had a egg n cheese mcmuffin and some tea...oh and a mucinex....dont know about lunch today...i wanted to go walkin but i forgot my sneakers....so im back to the gym tonight...my jeans are getting tighter...I think after being sick my appetite came back so strong..but iwasnt eating junk food..so i dunno..i think these meds have alot to do with my weight gain issues...

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2008, 10:36:35 am »
Hello G/F's

As you all can see I dont contribute much to this thread. I am 5'7 215lbs. I wear a size 14 jeans. I like my weight, my only problem is my stomach area. It seems like every since i start my meds my stomach is gaining weight. SOme of it may be baby fat to. My DD is 20 months and I have had c sections. Any who im not much of the dieter. I love my junk food. but I do get my crucnches in and my Taebo 3 days a week. I dont eat breakfast, which I need to. Yesterday I didnt have breakfast, Lunch I had Tacobell and Dinner I had a bacon and cheese potatoe with a cranberry strawberry juice. I think that was all for yesterday.

Today: so far no breakfast and nothing to snack on just yet.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2008, 02:43:23 pm »
The only thing I ate all day was beans. I finished the whole damn container. LOL beans for breakfast lunch and dinner.
I wouldn't suggest it. Today I have the worst diarrhea

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2008, 04:05:42 pm »
For breakfast, 1/2 bagel w/ cream cheese, 1 cup fruit and a small glass of milk.  For lunch, a salad w/ chicken on it, a garlic breadstick and a piece of sugar-free apple pie.  I don't know what I'm going to have for supper. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2008, 07:14:51 am »
Last night I ate 1/2 cup bbq baked beans, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1 cup fresh fruit.  And, of course, 4 pieces of Fannie May candy.  This morning for breakfast, it'll probably be cereal, fresh fruit, and maybe 1/2 a bagel.  We'll see and I'll check back in later, definitely.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2008, 08:39:28 am »
Well since I have been back at school my eating has gone downhill...can we say STRESS! I eat more at work then at home!
Yesterday-
B:
1 bowl cereal
1 hashbrown
coffee
S:
piece of cake (a teacher brought it in)
1 dougnut ( a student's birthday)
L:
chili cheese dog
tator tots
3 strawberries
S:
couple hanfuls of cheese popcorn
D:
Pasta

Just thinking about what I ate is disgusting! Wish, I agree with the medicine and weighgain. I have done nothing but gain weight this last year. I have never weighed as much as I do now. I am going to the doctor on Friday and am bringing this up. I'll let you know what I learn. What meds are you on? I am taking Atripla.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2008, 05:49:27 am »
Well, yesterday for lunch I went to an authentic Mexican restaurant and had a chicken burrito and some chips and salsa.  Then I had a strawberry danish from one of the bread shops.  For supper I had a Healthy Choice meal.  Then for a snack, of course, a few Fannie May chocolates.  Since I don't have anymore Doritos (and am resolved not to buy anymore) my sugar has been holding pretty good.  I'm also going to exercise this morning.  For exercise yesterday, I walked the length of the mall here.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2008, 01:13:53 pm »
I had a ham and cheese sandwich and some sweet potato fries for dinner on the 2nd. Billy's 49th birthday. The place we ate at sucked. Not going there again. Probly would have been better if I'd picked something more adult like to eat. LOL But all around it sucked. Waitstaff ect. 

I ate more of that Chef Boyardee crap yesterday. Its quick and its so nasty I like it. LOL
I was feeling like crap yesterday towards dinner so I had Billy take me to a Rice Bowl place around the block from our house. I ate 1/4 of my order which was teriyaki chicken with steamed rice and zucchini. About an hour after that I had 4 strawberries.

I ate the rest of the teriyaki chicken for breakfast. I'm thinking about slow oven baking BBQ chicken for dinner.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2008, 01:38:49 pm »
Well, for breakfast I ate 1/2 bagel w/ cream cheese and 1 cup fresh fruit.  For lunch I had a chicken sandwich that had mushrooms, cheese and grilled onions on it w/ a side of bbq sauce and a few fries.  I did exercise this morning.  Don't know what I'm going to have for supper yet.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2008, 08:54:35 pm »
Well today was another bad food day. I have come to the realization that I am a definite stress/emotional eater. I eat more at work because of the stress and then when I get sad I want to eat. I had a bad day at he doctor and I just wanted to get a big cheeseburger and fries. I ended up going to Jack In the Box and getting 2 tacos. I still want to eat something else...definitely the emotions controlling me...

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2008, 10:23:41 pm »
OMG Jack in the box tacos? I'd be crapping for a week LOL Those things are deep fried ya know?

I had 1/4 of a breast of chicken, maybe less. a serving of mac n cheese and cauliflower with cheese.
Guess today was a cheesy day for me.
I also had a couple of cupcakes. Yellow cake with chocolate icing. But I scrape off most of the icing cause I don't like it as much as the cake.
I always do that. When i was a kid I'd eat the cake and my brother would eat the icing.

I get alot of empty calories from soda too. I drink 3 or 4 cans a day.

Guess thats why I stay at 160 pounds.
I wonder if I had a tummy tuck if I would maintain my new weight with no effort.... Not that I can afford one, I just wonder.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2008, 11:26:08 pm »
Well, I had pizza and Fannie May chocolate for supper.  Oh, and a theatre size box of Junior Mints.  Tonight was not my shining moment. :P

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2008, 11:26:36 pm »
I haven't eaten much for the last few days.  I still cant' taste anything so what's the point?  I still get in my chocolate milk, vitamens, and meds.  For breakfast, I had a biscuit (scone) and some OJ.  For lunch, grilled chicken and a roll.  Dinner: ham and crackers.  I feel like I've snacked on meds all day long.  I also haven't been doing my exercises other than dance class on Monday night which I spent most of the time trying to breathe and not pass out.  I've decided that breating is over-rated. ;)

Keep it up, TBs - we're on our way!

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2008, 04:42:08 pm »
Well, for breakfast this morning, I had some honey nut Cheerios.  For lunch, homemade (yes, I made it), Spanish rice and a piece of 3-cheese bread.  Probably just something light for supper. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.