Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:54:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 233
Total: 235

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New eye-glasses  (Read 23430 times)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
New eye-glasses
« on: July 18, 2012, 04:52:56 pm »
OK, well I finally went out and got some eye-glasses

I will have ( in about a week or so)

Progressive, AR, Transition w/ invisible -tri-focals

( I know some of you LTS wear them everyday)

Price-Tag $405.54 w/ the Brown-tortoise shell frames

Hopefully by next week before I leave for D.C. so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
that I'll get them in time before July 26th

Feedback would be helpful, hope I did the right thing, and I will like them

Hugs

Dennis
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: New eye-glasses
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 05:07:39 pm »

Price-Tag $405.54 w/ the Brown-tortoise shell frames

Now don't misplace them after shelling out that dough. I like tortoise personally.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline denb45

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:20:33 pm »
Now don't misplace them after shelling out that dough. I like tortoise personally.

I'll try not too, had to go into the AMG D.C. fund for this, but I know it's a very good investment

I was lucky that BCBS paid for the new-eye-exam in full, ( as I needed a new one that was almost 7 months old, I got last Xams 2011)  I didn't even have a co-pay  :)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 05:25:59 pm »
Maybe you should buy some old lady eyeglass pearl-beaded straps so that they hang on your neck under a comfy cardigan when they're not being worn.

Offline denb45

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 05:32:15 pm »
Maybe you should buy some old lady eyeglass pearl-beaded straps so that they hang on your neck under a comfy cardigan when they're not being worn.

Oh I don't think I'd be able to pull that look off, but your comment is dully noted  :-*

Offline bear60

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:10:50 pm »
Dennis...
Lots of folks buy old frames and have their lenses put in.....that said.........whats the deal with your medicaid or medicare?  That pays for glasses.  Sounds to me you done been ripped off.

Wearing his medicare glasses everyday..
Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline denb45

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 09:51:18 pm »
Dennis...
Lots of folks buy old frames and have their lenses put in.....that said.........whats the deal with your medicaid or medicare?  That pays for glasses.  Sounds to me you done been ripped off.

Wearing his medicare glasses everyday..
Joel

Medicare pays for glasses, I had no idea  :o well thanks for letting me know that, I'll use that when I need new ones in a few yrs.  ;)

Offline denb45

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 10:04:16 pm »
Here is what I just read over on the Medicare booklet page 37

it states THIS:

Eyeglasses (limited)
Medicare covers one pair of eyeglasses with standard frames (or
one set of contact lenses) after cataract surgery that implants an
intraocular lens.
You pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount,
and the Part B deductible applies.

so this tells me that if you need reg old glasses, then NO, they don't unless I've read it wrong  :-[

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 10:22:08 pm »
Medicare did not cough up for mine.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 11:05:39 pm »
Goggles4u.com

Extra strong prescription
progressive lenses
cool ass titanium frames
turn into sunglasses in the sun

two hundred bucks.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline denb45

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 11:06:54 pm »
Goggles4u.com

Extra strong prescription
progressive lenses
cool ass titanium frames
turn into sunglasses in the sun

two hundred bucks.

JK I'm so jealous  ;D

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 11:31:35 pm »
JK I'm so jealous  ;D

I'm like an extreme coupon lady, only online and not so fat.

I also landed prescription sports goggles that turn into sunglasses for about fifty bucks. Wore them whitewater rafting last year :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150492295272096&set=a.429359222095.228567.734202095&type=3&theater
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 11:47:13 pm »
I will keep that address in mind, Jonathan. I paid out the nose for my glasses.

Dennis, you will like the transition lenses. If you have never worn them, you may take a few days to get used to them, but you will like them.

I have them, plus the progressive lenses as well.

Love them.

I may dig out my tortoise shell pair too. My expensive glasses are already getting scratched.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 12:24:08 am »
I am curious to know if those ugly super focus glasses are any good . I have diabetes and my vision changes from day to day so the concept of eye glasses you can focus is intriguing to me . I could care less if they look stupid if they work , I'm sick of spending money on glasses that may or may not work from day to day . The reviews online are mostly positive . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 09:34:03 am »
http://www.glassesshop.com/

After my bout of blindness from the crypto, I was left with horrid vision.  My first pair of trifocals were horrendous and I hated the lines.  For me, progessive lenses were easier to get accustomed to than the regular lenses.  I purchased a cheap pair from glassesshop to test out the site.  I have since purchased several pairs from them.  I purchased progressive no-line trifocals with the transition lenses for under $300.  They would have cost almost $700 at a brick and mortar store. 

I have also been fortunate to meet a gentleman at the VFW who retired as an optometrist.  He replaced the lenses in my expensive frames with new lenses for $175 with the same progressive no-line transition lenses. 

The transition lenses are not an option for me.   :(  Ever since I had that mass removed from my optic nerve, I've been left with a severe light sensitivity.

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 09:54:47 am »
Dennis, yes you are right; Medicare only pays for glasses post cataract surgery; and then, believe me, it wouldn't cover that $400 price tag.   I think mine paid about $175 towards my glasses after the 1st cataract surgery.

After I have my left eye "fixed" next week, I will probably be able to get by with reading glasses. 

I have also ordered glasses online; mine were from eyebuydirect.com, and they turned out GREAT.   If you are ordering progressives, you must know your PD (pupillary distance); luckily, I was able to get that from my previous eyeglasses prescription.  Cost for progressives (no transitions; I don't like my other ones) was about $82.   Beats the hell out of the $600 my previous ones cost.  Will certainly check out the site JK mentions.....

HUGS, Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline denb45

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 10:02:37 am »
Actually, I like the idea of not wearing readers as well as not ever buying sun glasses again, so I thought the price was worth it, the 1st place I went they wanted $700 bucks and a discount of $90 bucks if I bought new frames........

My jaw DROP to the floor and I kindly told them thanks you, but I'm gonna shop around, the 2nd place wanted $536 bucks, and i had my own frames, those would have cost $159 more, so the 3rd place was the lowest price for me, so I took the plunge..

Had I've known about what JK told me & what Greg and Alan just said, I probably would have saved $200 bucks on a pair  :-[
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:04:20 am by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 02:16:56 pm »
Dennis......
You know I speak off the top of my head most of the time, not bothering to look up information.
But
I am over 65 and have MEDICARE and the supplemental HMO (BC/BS Keystone 65).  Its the HMO that  covers eye glasses...and eye exams....and I get a new pair of glasses every two years.  I go to a eye glass shop APPROVED BY THE HMO, tho.   ( No fancy stuff there.)
Now, Kurt is on disability and has MEDICAID plus  supplemental  HMO.  He can get new glasses every two years and new glasses following catarect surgery anytime.

I guess you dont have the supplemental HMO with your Medicare, Dennis?  Its worth it....only $155. a month for me.

AND of course different plans have different benefits. 

Offline denb45

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 02:29:25 pm »
 ;) Joel, I'll be happy to even make it to 66, then I'll get my full-retirement Pay, I'm only getting 65% of it now...

and my BCBS of New Mexico doesn't cover any glasses (just the annual eye-exams)

and they use 100% of my medicare to pay the bills along w/ ADAP for AVR's

the good things is, I can go anywhere to get services, but it's very limited and
is part of New Mexico's carve-out-program.....

I'd have to ask Mark how all of this really works, I'm sure He'd know more about all of this, and how it works here in New Mexico...

however, Thanks for that info, it's nice to know, and I might be looking into that extra rider for $155.00, not sure I could afford that tho, it's kinda steep @ my Income level  ;)

Offline denb45

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 04:12:26 pm »
The frames I got are very similar to THIS:  just not as fancy as those

http://www.glassesshop.com/eyeglasses/fz0073

Hugs 

Dennis

Offline Mishma

• HIV drugs are our Allies but hardly our Friends
    • Marquis de Vauban
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 10:06:20 pm »
The VA provides those eligible 2 free glasses/frames per year. After a four eye operations for Graves Opthalmolopathy and Strabismus I qualified. Small consolation though. I'm in heavy prisms for farsight and no prisms for reading. I'm all messed up between 10 inches and 2 feet. I would die to have a pair of progressives.
2016 CD4 25% UD (less than 20). 30+ years positive. Dolutegravir, Acyclovir, Clonazepam, Lisinopril, Quetiapine, Sumatriptan/Naproxen, Restasis, Latanoprost, Asprin, Levothyroxine, Restasis, Triamcinolone.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 10:31:04 pm »
The frames I got are very similar to THIS:  just not as fancy as those

http://www.glassesshop.com/eyeglasses/fz0073

Hugs 

Dennis

I like those, I was gonna post pics of mine, but you'll see all of them next week. 

Offline harleymc

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 11:25:34 pm »
I wish I could wear progressive/ multifocals.  I have a pair that were a lot pricier than standard specs but try as i might I found them impossible to function in. So I have separate readers and distance glasses. the multifocals are relegated to being 'the spare pair' in case I break any of the others.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 03:36:04 pm »
I can't wear progressives either, Harley.  They made me nauseous when trying to look between far away and close up.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 03:47:49 pm »
OK, well I finally went out and got some eye-glasses

Progressive, AR, Transition w/ invisible -tri-focals

( I know some of you LTS wear them everyday)

Hugs

Dennis

Yeppir....   I wear the progressives. I started with them on my first pair of glasses when I was in my 40's.

I'm due to get another pair soon, but I also want transitions this time around.

No lines is the way to go !

Ray  8) 
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 04:09:11 pm »
I can't wear progressives either, Harley.  They made me nauseous when trying to look between far away and close up.

I experienced nausea at first too, so I just took it slow in wearing them, like an hour every day then more and more. Mine was worse when I went up and down stairs. After a few weeks I was fine. Of course, since I don't own a car/drive regularly there wasn't pressure for me to wear them if I didn't want to.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 04:36:23 am »
I experienced nausea at first too, so I just took it slow in wearing them, like an hour every day then more and more.

Good idea.  If I ever decide to purchase them again I'll try this.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 09:38:19 pm »
Tortoise is in...you'll look fabulous. Always take care of your eyes. Same goes for your teeth. It's a lot harder to make it without either and especially without both.

I go with metal floating-lens frames. Just looks better on my face. I get new frames about every six years. Takes forever to find something I like...and, as usual, it's always the most expensive frame in the house.

But I figure if you average out the cost over the years it's not so much. At least that's the excuse I use.

Post a pic so we can see when they come in!
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Offline jm1953

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 08:47:42 pm »
Dennis,

I'm with you on this eyeglass deal.  My eyesight has been getting worse and worse, so I decided to make the best of it.  Your frames sound great.  I bought a pair of Armani's and got $200 off through my MedAdvantage insurance.  If you have MedAdvantage through Blue Cross or Blue Shield I believe they will pay for a new pair of glasses each year.  All plans differ though.  I also need progressive lens.  But at Sears I've bought about four pair with nice frames, not truly designer, progressive and transitional for a reasonable price.  Plus I hear Costco is amazing for getting great eyewear at a great price.  If you have a MedAdvantage plan check with them about helping you with your eyewear.  It has really helped me.

Have a great time in DC.

Best always,

Jeff
Positive 29 years. Diagnosed 10/1987.  Current CD 4: 720: Viral load: almost 100.  Current drug regimen, Tivicay, Emtriva, Endurant, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam, Uloric, Losartan Potassium,Allegra, Ambien, Testosterone, Nandrolone, Vicodin, Benedryl, Aspirin, lots of vitamin supplements.

Offline denb45

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 09:01:33 pm »
Thanks Jeff, no unfortunately I don't have that rider on my BCBS

Dean, yeah I thought it was worth it and yes I'll post some pics as soon as they come in

I called them today, but nothing yet, I hope I get them by WED, or Bob is gonna have to read food menus for me in D.C. and those readers really give me a headache

and I look at it this way, if I can at least see, and I have teeth, I can go naked and nobody would notice me  ;D

cause when your past 50+ your invisible to the general public anyway  :D

Hugs

DEN  8)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 05:42:33 pm »
Smart looking classic frames Dennis, I am still getting by with over the counter readers and am a year late for eye check up. My perfect glasses would recognise my foot and shift 6inches just in time.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline denb45

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 07:46:32 pm »
Sigh  :-[  oh well no new glasses for my D.C. trip tomorrow

I just called, and they told me they still haven't come-in yet

guess I'll be wearing my readers & sun-glasses  :-\

oh well, the good news is I'll probably have them when I get back
on Tuesday  ;)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 02:26:40 pm »
Goggles4u.com is having a 72 hour sale - free frames!

Seriously, I have about six pair of glasses from these people, didn't pay more then twenty bucks apiece for them. Progressive lenses are extra though.

http://goggles4u.com/freeframe.asp?g1=1&g2=1&g3=1&S1=1&S2=1&S3=1&S4=1&p1=1&p2=1&p3=1&p4=1&p5=1&p6=1&t1=1&t2=1&t3=1&t4=1&l1=1&l2=1&tfm_order=desc&tfm_orderby=g4usort

Welcome Thread

Offline denb45

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 02:46:41 pm »
Ok, some of you did ask me to post pics of the new classes, well they just arrived today (I pick them up and I'm wearing them now) they are so clear, now I can read
close-up and see far away, and that was my goal, so here they are enjoy em'

Please discuss , if you want, feedback is encouraged  ;)

Hugs

DEN  :)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 05:40:29 pm »
I really like them, but pic #2 should go!!!! :o  They really are cool!  Obviously, I have a similar pair.

Greg

Offline denb45

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 06:21:40 pm »
I really like them, but pic #2 should go!!!! :o  They really are cool!  Obviously, I have a similar pair.

Greg

ROFLOL.......yeah Bob said I did look kinda PSYCHO in that one, even he was a little scared.......lol   ;D

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 06:46:51 pm »
Ok, some of you did ask me to post pics of the new classes, well they just arrived today (I pick them up and I'm wearing them now) they are so clear, now I can read

Hugs

Ed and I thing they look great on you. You wear them well, They also look durable. The transitions, are the next lenses I have to get. It gets to be such a pain in the ass, having to clip sunglasses over the lenses.  I already had my eye exam, just need to pick out the frames and lenses now.

Isn't it nice being able to see distance and seeing print, without having the lines?

Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline denb45

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 06:52:19 pm »
I'm still getting used to them, and I have to watch my step a bit as I get Vertigo
and a queasy feeling when I look down or to the side of each lens, this will come to pass I'm sure  ;)

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 09:38:36 pm »
Interesting...you seem to have a startling resemblance to Andrew Sullivan in the 3/4 view pic.

Yeah, the "how high am I" feeling will fade in a day or two, once your brain gets accustomed to the new stimulus.

Pic 2 to me seems more like you're trying to peer through the computer to see who's looking back at you. Not so much psycho to me...

Glasses look groovy...you'd fit in anywhere...
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Offline bear60

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2012, 01:07:28 pm »
Hi Dennis
The new glasses are classic! Love them.
Um...do the lenses darken in bright light? Seems they are dark.
Also....what about your trip to DC?  Were you there to see the quilt, etc.???
Maybe this is in another thread.

Joel

Offline denb45

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2012, 01:45:36 pm »
Joel, yes the lenses are transition, they darken in the sun, hence I never have to take them off the bi-focal is invisible, and I'm still getting used to them....

No. unfortunately I didn't get to see the quilt in D.C. but I've seen it threw out the yrs. for the last 20 yrs ( at least some of it)

I went on-line and looked up the county I lived in and found
2 of my last partners part of the quilt, I've see it before in person, but not on-line, it was very moving after all these yrs. to see it in that way, kinda bitter sweet feeling came over me w/ some tears  :'(

Thanks for the feedback about my new glasses, (and all you other eye-glass-wearers) it much appreciated (feedback is always good)  ;)

Sorry I missed you & Kurt @ this yrs. AMG 2012, but hey, there is always next yr.

Hugs

Offline bear60

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2012, 08:42:46 pm »
Hey...when AMG comes to Philly....I'll be there/.nmmmmmm yup

Offline denb45

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2012, 08:54:56 pm »
Hey...when AMG comes to Philly....I'll be there/.nmmmmmm yup

Yeah, I hear Philly now is a FUN Place, I'm sure it's changed a lot, the last time I was there,  it was 32yrs ago.  when I was in the U.S. Navy  ;)

HUGS

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2012, 12:23:39 am »
AMG in Killadelphia? I can just see you queens camped out at the Club Body Center.

... or the Adonis.

Offline bear60

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 01:44:59 pm »
Have you heard the slogan: " Get your history straight and your night life Gay?"   Thats from the Philadelphia  tourist  dept......whatever. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 05:05:14 pm »
No, I've not heard of that one.

I walked past Uncles, home of the older lush, and the place is completely closed down. They opened up the walls on Camac and I'm betting they're going for a Woody's 2.0 look when it reopens. Hopefully it will look better than 12th Scare Command's rechristening as Club iCandy.

Offline bear60

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 10:27:59 pm »
Oh yea, the gay couple that owns Tavern on Camac.....bought out UNCLES and is in the process of redoing the place.  More power to them..... as they seem to be the only G...A...Y...couple making an effort to udate the tired old bar scene.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.