HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Am I at risk? Do I take PEP?

(1/1)

rafalop:
I am concerned that twenty four hours ago I hired a prostitute and we were kissing while she was on me. However at one point she stopped and grabbed my penis to get it into her vagina without a condom but I took out my penis from the vagina before there was full penetration. So there wasn’t full penetration but only a quarter (1/4) of my penis entered the vagina (1.57 inches of my penis approximately) for 3 or 4 seconds maximum. After that I did not do anything else because I was very scared.

Is there a risk of HIV transmission in this situation?

I consulted with a friend doctor about this situation and he told me about the PEP. Do you think that in my situation I should take PEP?

I would appreciate your help and advice in this situation.

Andy Velez:
If you are certain that the insertion was that brief then no, I don't think it warrants your doing PEP. Just be sure about the details of your story. As reported you technically had a risk, but of such a low level that I don't see it as being a matter of concern.

HIV is harder to transmit from female to male than the other way around. And given that this was a single, very brief incident, I don't see it as other than a very minimal risk. You can if you want to for your peace of mind get tested at 6 weeks. Assuming you get the negative result I would expect, that would point the way to a conclusive negative at 3 months. All of which is why I don't see the necessity of having you do PEP.

rafalop:
Two hours ago I was with a sex worker. I didn’t do oral, vaginal or anal sex. I only kissed the girl deeply in her mouth for two minutes and I kissed a nipple for one minute, but I'm worried because today I have chapped lips with blood.
Kissing in the mouth with chapped lips with blood is risky for HIV? (I don’t know if she had blood in her mouth)
Kissing with chapped lips with blood a nipple is risky for HIV (I don’t know if she is breastfeeding and I could be in contact with breast milk)?

Should I do the test of HIV?
Should I take PEP?

RapidRod:
HIV is not transmitted by kissing.

jkinatl2:
HIV is sexually transmitted between adults by unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

It is not transmitted by kissing, licking nipples, fingering, or any other sexual activity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version