Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:55:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 191
Total: 191

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I laughed so hard tonight.  (Read 2386 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
I laughed so hard tonight.
« on: August 14, 2014, 11:34:02 pm »
My sixteen year old is half black. We're watching World War Z and Brad Pitt steps out of his car near the beginning during the start of the outbreak.
My daughter says, "Get back in the car. Your whiteness isn't going to save you."
She was joking, but I laugh so hard at the things she says. She is witty with great timing.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: I laughed so hard tonight.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 05:08:46 pm »
ROFLMAO  ;D

good movie too. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 12:21:27 am »
As Art Linkletter always said "Kids say the darnedest things." Even the older ones !

Offline DrewEm

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 03:25:44 am »
Actually, I view her comments as a sign of a post-racial divide time. I hang out with a group of poz guys in Philly of mixed ethnicities and if you join our group you accept the fact we are brutally (un-PC) honest. But, like your daughter said, during scary movie night the most often heard comment is, "Dumb white girl, go back in _____ you gonna get killed. See, I told y'all!" And to be fair, we all laugh.

DrewEm - Skinny, white guy who'd be killed in the first ten minutes of a horror flick!

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 03:32:21 pm »
Actually, I view her comments as a sign of a post-racial divide time. I hang out with a group of poz guys in Philly of mixed ethnicities and if you join our group you accept the fact we are brutally (un-PC) honest. But, like your daughter said, during scary movie night the most often heard comment is, "Dumb white girl, go back in _____ you gonna get killed. See, I told y'all!" And to be fair, we all laugh.

DrewEm - Skinny, white guy who'd be killed in the first ten minutes of a horror flick!

My daughter noticed that the first zombie she saw in World War Z was black. Once while watching scary movie I told her, "If you're ever running from a crazed killer, trip the white girl running next to you." We started laughing. Basically joking about horror movie survival tips.
My daughter is funny on many subjects.
One day I asked her to clean her room since company is coming. Our second bathroom has two doors. One door is in the hallway and the other leads to her bedroom. I think in case someone opens that second door her room should be clean. She tells me, "Oh, I did not know everyone was meeting in my room."
I don't get angry because she will do as I ask. I just have to hold in my laughter until I am in another room.
Once when she was five while sitting in her booster car seat I pulled up to a red light. She looks at the car next to us and the two people smile at her. She holds up her hands with peace signs and says, "I'm not a crook." She would also sing commercial jingles and dance. Her favorite jingle was, "You've got the green light" for some auto commercial.
When it comes down to it I tell her every night when I go to bed, "If you hear any noise don't go investigating, do not unlock or open any door, and come get me if you hear a noise." She doesn't open any door, not even for the mail man holding a package. Once the police came and she refused to open the door. Her dad and I were at Home Depot. When they returned the officer told me she said, "Come back when you have a warrant." Even the office said he realized she must be home alone.
We also had a home invasion last year. So we have rules of keeping the house doors locked at all times. We still check the house throughout the night, but we sleep better since we moved.
She also almost worked on some Disney thing. I took her in for an audition. Someone from Disney called us back. My daughter had literally done her own thing at the audition. The person said she was untrained and they liked that. I became slightly offended at the word untrained, she is not a dog. I also had to go over lines with her. She wanted to play and here I was drilling sentences that made no sense to her into her head. I felt abusive trying to make her sit and listen. So nothing came of it. I ignored the phone calls which stopped after the fifth or sixth call.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:52:15 pm by idee »

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 03:58:46 pm »
As Art Linkletter always said "Kids say the darnedest things." Even the older ones !

She has answers for everything. When she did not have her homework, she never used the dog ate my homework. She told her 6th grade teacher that her dog has Epilepsy so she had to give our dog CPR the day before.
I was laughing at that one. Our dog had Idiopathic Epilepsy and took medication for it.
Now she has better answers.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.