Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:52:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 598
Total: 599

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: All Connecticut Civil Unions become Marriages as of Friday  (Read 2813 times)

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
All Connecticut Civil Unions become Marriages as of Friday
« on: October 02, 2010, 07:22:44 pm »
I ran across this article and thought "You go Connecticut" eventhough its old news the law just took effect Friday

I def see myself going through with marriage at some point and thankfully it appears that I will have more and more places to choose from :)

http://www.queerty.com/all-of-connecticuts-civil-unions-become-marriages-on-friday-20100929/
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: All Connecticut Civil Unions become Marriages as of Friday
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:25:27 pm »
Hooray! Now all homophobia and anti gay bigotry will disappear! Everything will be fine from here on in!

Thank you Connecticut!

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 07:42:47 pm »
Gay marriage is against the Law of Yahweh, thus I do not approve.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 07:48:05 pm »
Homophobia and anti-gay bigotry will not end until I can get married in the same drive through chapel in Lovelock Nevada as my brother and sister did.  Oh, they didn't marry each other.  My brother married his third wife (of 3), my sister married her second husband (of 3 and counting).  But the "isn't it so cute you want to throw up" part was, they did it on Valentines Day   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 07:50:42 pm »
Geez you two... you just had to rain on my fantasy of getting married in a field that's in full bloom, on a perfectly sunny day, rainbow colored butterflies dashing about while deer and baby rabbits welcome me and my boyfried into forever wedded bliss... TY
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 07:53:18 pm »
Homophobia and anti-gay bigotry will not end until I can get married in the same drive through chapel in Lovelock Nevada as my brother and sister did.  Oh, they didn't marry each other.  My brother married his third wife (of 3), my sister married her second husband (of 3 and counting).  But the "isn't it so cute you want to throw up" part was, they did it on Valentines Day   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

LMAO... only if Elvis was presiding! Then it would be perfect! Now being from WV I'm glad you clarified the brother sister thing... I've seen it all

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 08:03:13 pm »
Geez you two... you just had to rain on my fantasy of getting married in a field that's in full bloom, on a perfectly sunny day, rainbow colored butterflies dashing about while deer and baby rabbits welcome me and my boyfried into forever wedded bliss... TY

I know. We're quite the pair of bastards.

I'm sure that the faggots and dykes facing imprisonment, torture and even execution in places like Iran, Sudan and Jamaica will take great comfort in the knowledge that in CT two blokes and a bichon frise can now legally call themselves a family.

MtD

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 08:10:51 pm »
Well when you put it like that I guess I'll take what I can get field/baby rabbits or not, man hello I'm totally naming you Buddy Buzzkill tonight lol

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 08:18:55 pm »

Which trailer park in Greensboro will you be having your reception?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 08:40:04 pm »
Lucky Deuces on State Rd 11 just past the cow pasture... I'll attach detailed directions on the invitations so don't worry

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 09:56:09 pm »

LMAO... only if Elvis was presiding!

We had talked about Elvis because my mom was a huge fan but both he and she are dead...  My second choice is Carlene Carter whose song "Swap Meat Rag" got her the 1979 Playboy quote of the year when she said, "If this tune doesn't put the cunt in country, nothin will".  However, there is also The Church of the Golden Rule Society which once owned Ridgewood Ranch (burial place of Seabiscuit) and also the home of white deer, imported from India by Mr. Howard, owner of Seabiscuit.  The white deer are shy around people because Bing Crosby used to hunt with Mr. Howard but Mr. Crosby's driver held the gun so Bing could pull the trigger.  Sporting to say the least...  Mr. Howard, Mr. Crosby and the driver all are all dead now but the white deer are still there.

So, planning a wedding is not as easy as it seems and my reception should be in San Francisco with every purple blossom available at the flower mart.  I was hoping for the Arboretum in Golden Gate Park because no wedding has ever been held there and it is a glass building/greenhouse.  We don't have enough drugs for Carlene Carter so, I was thinking about Lydia Pense and Cold Blood.  She was the ultimate trophy wife who quit singing but now is doing a comeback tour of county fairs.  Her amplifiers might shatter the glass at the Arboretum and realistically, who wants to hear a 65 year old woman singing, "I just want to make love to you".

Our next choice would be Stevie Nicks but, once again we may not have enough drugs to get her attention and everyone knows, when she gets off a plane, she doesn't know what planet she is on.  Planning a reception is not light work either.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline weasel

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 07:46:22 am »

I am so glad I am from a state that is  NOT    homophobic  :o

Bob and I got married in Connecticut last  July 11Th  :)

It was  a great day    :D

Yes there were deer , bunnies , Squirrels ETC.   ::)

Now IF  only  Missouri  could get it's  ASS  off it's head  :-[

Loving married life ,
                                                                         Carl

P.S. IF it did NOT embarrass IN-LAWS   I'm NOT sure it would be as fun  ;D
" Live and let Live "

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.