Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:54:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 342
Total: 344

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: American Horror Story...  (Read 155773 times)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: American Horror Story...
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2011, 09:13:11 pm »
no, more Rubberman  :P
ok, a compromise then - RubberMan getting it on with Doctor McButt this time  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2011, 09:22:06 pm »
ok, a compromise then - RubberMan getting it on with Doctor McButt this time  ;)

Naw that wouldn't work, Doctor McButt isn't even gay....
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline jackfrost

« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2011, 10:52:21 pm »
I started watching this show after I read about it on here, love it! I am all caught up on the episodes.

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2011, 02:44:55 pm »
It's Tate....I sorta was expecting it, as he had the suit back when he was trying to scare Violet...

Now that they've done the dirty I wonder if Violet is now pregnant and taking the place of her mother in growing a baby that EVeryone of the ghosts is obsessed with....

..do they want to sacrifice it, or eat it?...

...then, apparently he has broken the Ghost Code and some BIG rule by impregnating Vivien...something about spirits and mortals should not mix...

...the preview showed Constance giving him a good tongue lashing over it...."WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?"

"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2011, 03:22:56 pm »
Well, at least now we know why & how the 2 gays guys were killed, and by who (aka rubberman tate) , Oh well, so much for my rubber latex fetish thingy  ::)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2011, 06:03:16 pm »
barebacking ghosts hmmmm
there are all gonna get spooky aids from that decorator's slutty boyfriend or the harlot maid
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2011, 06:19:44 pm »
barebacking ghosts hmmmm
there are all gonna get spooky aids from that decorator's slutty boyfriend or the harlot maid

Yeah, right, cuz we all know only promiscuous people/ghosts get teh aids. Way to perpetuate the stigma!

~sigh~
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mecch

« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2011, 06:23:52 pm »
Yeah, right, cuz we all know only promiscuous people/ghosts get teh aids. Way to perpetuate the stigma!

~sigh~

my pleasure!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2011, 07:43:25 pm »
barebacking ghosts hmmmm
exactly. LOL it could have been teh aids or it could have been a pregnancy ::) :D; so, lo and behold, it's going to be a demon baby - oh! demon twins!!

oh yuck! Tate's babies?? I was hoping they were going to unmask the hunk actor that actually plays RubberMan and give him a part in the show.
Now that they've done the dirty I wonder if Violet is now pregnant
??? when did that happen?? Tate couldn't get it up on Halloween and Vi has usually been too busy cutting herself.

and speaking of Violet, did I hear her correctly? When she was railing on her father about his peccadilloes, I know she rambled on about "feather dusters" but did she say something like "old maids" or "old women" and "feather dusters"? This week's episode isn't online yet; but I remember being struck in listening to that part of the show that someone actually mentioned something about the age/appearance of the maid, and especially made this comment to a male who might have noticed the difference from that description to what he saw of the maid.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2011, 06:15:16 pm »
Ive decided to see the latest Twilight since I've been reading this big fuss about how it actually feels like a horror film finally, with the demon pregnancy. I saw the first, and I think I fell asleep in the second. 

But I do like devil babies.

also, Aliens....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehjqlzXwIQ

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2011, 06:22:00 pm »
Tonight!

(dont forget)

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline rondrond

« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2011, 11:21:22 pm »
I certainly won't keep a pouty face around that doctor.... ;D

Why? why did Hayden stab Travis? He was giving her what she wanted and he stated that he was definitely coming back for more....and now...another ghost...

..does Constance know he's dead yet?

Now we know why she wanted the baby....to nourish and cherish and raise as her own....
(help us all)

I still don't think the other baby is Ben's...she was mad at him and not giving it up for him...so that leaves Tate and.....

...there goes my theory on the security guard...

Please...Not Larry...

...and now we know what comes from the conceiving of the copulation between a mortal and the dead...(Conxtance is so delicate when she is sober)...the anti christ.

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2011, 06:54:48 pm »

....and now...another ghost...

So many ghosts appeared last night I had trouble keeping track of them. However I am preparing a Ghost flowchart to stay keen on all this.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2011, 06:58:53 pm »
So many ghosts appeared last night I had trouble keeping track of them. However I am preparing a Ghost flowchart to stay keen on all this.

Send me a copy . I just started watching this past week and I think my friend who turned me onto the show is tired of me calling and asking which ones are the ghost .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2011, 05:53:57 am »
Doctor McButt is such an ass.  He knows his wife is knocked up by two different dicks (can't say people if one dick is ghost dick, right?). Goes to the hospital, is told she's talking about her rape alot, and then he trash talks her.  He assumes one of the thingies is his so why wouldn't he realize that his wife has indeed been raped?

Yes why did Hayden stab that dumb cutie? -  The simple answer would be because he gets off and wants to go, telling her to finish herself off!  He dies for being a jerk in bed (on the floor).

Anyhoo...boo, most of the characters are messily written.  Is there a protagonist?  Is there one character we can rely on to be consistent and give a point of view to all these happenings.

Wait a minute - some of you say Constance is dead?  Please explain.....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:57:02 am by mecch »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2011, 08:18:49 am »
most of the characters are messily written.  Is there a protagonist?  Is there one character we can rely on to be consistent and give a point of view to all these happenings.
moira is the closest to a central character giving a fairly accurate view of all the characters.
but on the whole the characters aren't very consistent - or good.

Viv started off whole and determined but easily slipped and fell into a disjointed character
Violet seemed normal at first, and strong enough to handle seeing ghosts; but turned out easily scared and dangerous to her own self
the Doc was a seriously flawed character from the beginning - and a terrible shrink
Constance is very "unique" but just too twisted

at first I wanted this family to "work it out" and also to live in the haunted house; but now I think the family should quit trying to be together and get away from the house and from each other - far, far away.

list of ghosts
2 twin boys
original owners - crazy doc and his wife
a mess of babies
Moira
2 nursing students
2 murder-fanatics (1 guy, 1 girl)
Tate and his brother locked away in the attic
Hayden - the doc's co-ed fling
the gay couple
dentist
white dahlia
Constance's now ex-beau
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2011, 01:01:47 am »
I thought this was going to be the Christmas episode since it started off with that ham; but it looks like the holiday episode is coming up next week.  ;)

wow! :o another ghost - and we didn't even know it.
that's a really sad story line. :'( I was hoping this family was going to make it out of the house scarred but alive; but it seems they'll be scarred and maybe not even alive.

I was really hoping 8) McButt was going to get raped :o, after that shower, by the RubberMan; but lo and behold a magical tightly-wrapped towel appeared to protect all his "assets" while they skirmished around the bath and bedroom.

I thought Jessica Lange was incredible!

Then next week, while the gays are busy decorating the nursery, Doc McButt brings crazy-Mom back to the Murder House (what?!?! after about 2 months pregnant?!?) to deliver Satan's son. What a great Christmas episode with a magical ghostly birth happening. ROFL That's okay though, since the world is ending on the 12th anyway (thanks you stupid Mayans :) ), we'll never get to see this sweet holiday episode.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2011, 07:43:49 pm »
THe show keeps getting weirder and i love it,

Yes, Jessica Lange is THE SHIT in this show.

Quote of the night (from Constance) "Those Koreans have been jumpy ever since Hirosshima".

LOL

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline rondrond

« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2011, 02:09:07 am »
I missed the first half and still have to Hulu it...

We've been decorating Katie's door for the Annual Christmas Door Awards at the nursing home......(everyone wins something, but...)

I was going for the wrapping paper and a ribbon and bow..I got voted down by Mom and lil sis Terry...

Mom went through her garage and came up with a HUGE wreath with birds and cones and apples and berries, and I was like...

"jeesh, where did you hang this?"

LOL  "oh, here and there"

I don't understand how Larry turning himself in and confessing to Travis' murder is going to get Conatance her come uppances? (that;s what he promised his half barbecued wife....

...why was she and the girls still showing their wounds, while all the other ghosts are in perfect array?

I was hoping it wouldn't be Tate when "we" (yes, I was helping him pull that hood off from my living room)...and then...

I was hoping he would rape McButt for my enjoyment....

..but the writers had other plans for us...

Violet is dead and living in the house, while her corpse is rotting in some obscure room in the basement....she's the Spider Queen....I did not see that coming...

..certainly there must be an aroma from all those dead corpses....there's a new one added, the exterminator... ::)

Constance showed her true colors in the prison visit ro Larry... I don't even know why she bothered to go..
oh, her curiosity was too great?..she's probably going to get an award for this show somewhere down the road....

Are they going to have the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future as guests?  Showing McButt the error of his wiley ways...he's already reformed enough to see Moira for her true self...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2011, 06:16:59 pm »

..she's probably going to get an award for this show somewhere down the road....

I definitely think she is in Award territory with this performance. I think I enjoy her more than anyone.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline sfpvguy41

« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2011, 12:44:12 am »

list of ghosts
2 twin boys
original owners - crazy doc and his wife
a mess of babies
Moira
2 nursing students
2 murder-fanatics (1 guy, 1 girl)
Tate and his brother locked away in the attic (Beauregard)
Hayden - the doc's co-ed fling
the gay couple
dentist
white dahlia
Constance's now ex-beau Travis
Now we can add...
Larry's wife and 2 girls
Constance's first husband
Exterminator

Hehe I like this list!
Labs: (undetectable since 2005)
12/13: 634 cdr, 37.3%, 758 cd8, total chol 183, triglycerides 131
8/13: changed to Edurant from Reyataz
12/12: 828 cd4, 34.5%, 1078 cd8, total chol 192, tri 196
12/11: 787 cd4, 37%, 979 cd8.
9/11: 758 cd4, 38%, 944 cd8, und.
8/11 dropped norvir, incr reyataz to 400 mg
6/11: 621 CD4 CD4% 41, CD8 680! Undetectable. Creatinine and eGFR are ok now.
Switched from Truvada to Epzicom in late April 2011
AGT/AST and creatinine back to normal mid-April.
Cut Norvir from regimen.
Switched back to Reyataz/Norvir late Feb 2011
2/11: CD4 664 34%, CD8 963, diagnosed with osteoporosis, high AGT/AST and creatinine.
12/10: CD4: 676 CD4%: 34 CD8: 1012
Switched from Reyataz/norvir to Isentress 10/10
8/10: CD4: 731 CD4%: 40 CD8: 866
Diagnosed Sept. 2002 started meds May 2005.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2011, 01:01:07 am »
Now we can add...
Larry's wife and 2 girls
Constance's first husband
Exterminator
sadly, Violet is now on the list too :'(

really at this rate it's probably easier to make a list of who's alive since everyone else is dead. LOL
Doc McButt
Vivan
the security guard
the realtor
the burned man (Larry)
and Constance

wonder on which list we'll be putting Viv's babies??
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2011, 07:24:35 pm »
So we are on "baby watch" with Vivien due to give birth tonight. I am giddy with excitement! Now where is my yarn, I need to get busy on some baby booties.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline sfpvguy41

« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2011, 10:14:07 pm »
sadly, Violet is now on the list too :'(

really at this rate it's probably easier to make a list of who's alive since everyone else is dead. LOL
Doc McButt
Vivan
the security guard
the realtor
the burned man (Larry)
and Constance

wonder on which list we'll be putting Viv's babies??

And the scary Dr's baby with the old lady head
Labs: (undetectable since 2005)
12/13: 634 cdr, 37.3%, 758 cd8, total chol 183, triglycerides 131
8/13: changed to Edurant from Reyataz
12/12: 828 cd4, 34.5%, 1078 cd8, total chol 192, tri 196
12/11: 787 cd4, 37%, 979 cd8.
9/11: 758 cd4, 38%, 944 cd8, und.
8/11 dropped norvir, incr reyataz to 400 mg
6/11: 621 CD4 CD4% 41, CD8 680! Undetectable. Creatinine and eGFR are ok now.
Switched from Truvada to Epzicom in late April 2011
AGT/AST and creatinine back to normal mid-April.
Cut Norvir from regimen.
Switched back to Reyataz/Norvir late Feb 2011
2/11: CD4 664 34%, CD8 963, diagnosed with osteoporosis, high AGT/AST and creatinine.
12/10: CD4: 676 CD4%: 34 CD8: 1012
Switched from Reyataz/norvir to Isentress 10/10
8/10: CD4: 731 CD4%: 40 CD8: 866
Diagnosed Sept. 2002 started meds May 2005.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2011, 11:37:43 pm »
And the scary Dr's baby with the old lady head
tonight we learned that Nora's baby was named Thaddeus

OMG! :o :o
I was very surprised tonight to find out how much I really cared about Vivian. After the last couple of episodes just before and then with her locked away, I wasn't caring too much about her. Then tonight this damn show had me crying as it ended. Well, it started with me hollering when Thaddeus popped out of the dark (Boo!), so I guess it's no wonder the episode had me worked up by the end.

I now have little hope that Ben will remain among the living :'( after all the trauma of learning about Violet, of watching the doctor and nurses assist with the birthing, and then with what happened to Vivian.

tonight's addition to the "Dead List" is Vivian's stillborn unnamed baby that Nora has now, and Vivian

The preview makes it look like all the ghosties will be out and during next week's finale.

best line tonight was from Constance, "How do we get rid of the gays?" - - - you don't, honey, you don't. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2011, 12:22:51 am »

best line tonight was from Constance, "How do we get rid of the gays?" - - - you don't, honey, you don't. ;)

that and "We need to ferret out the fairy's" lol.

yes, I got all caught up in Viv's death also, I was saying "dont go, dont go!"

I'm really not ready for this show to end  :-\

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:15:22 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2011, 07:50:15 pm »
http://www.facebook.com/americanhorrorstory
Congratulations AHS - Golden Globe and SAG nominations for AHS / Jessica Lange.

AHS receives Golden Globe Award nominations for Best Television Series - Drama. Jessica Lange for Best Performance for a Supporting Actress in a Television Series, Movie or a Miniseries. Jessica Lange also received a Screen Actors Guild award nomination for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Drama Series.

in other notes, from the discussion about next week's epi "afterbirth", the talk is about Ben and issues surrounding redheads - like maybe the dead twins are related to him (either his children or perhaps his siblings :o )
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2011, 05:26:03 am »
It seemed clear that she would die. My question is, how does Constance get away with keeping the baby for the next season.
Also, there are sooooooooo many ghosts now. A challenge for next season as well. This season they slowly built up by deaths or eventual appearances. But next season starts with us knowing how filled that house is. How will we care about any of the ghosts if there are so many? 
Since Dr. McButt is a shrink I think it would be fitting for this genre if next week he's sent away to the looney bin, raving mad.  His character is so disagreeable I really don't need him hanging around next season as a ghost.
I like seeing some character development for the ghosts. Its interesting that Tate is insane and doesn't know it.  But the gays are fully aware of their hellish situation as ghosts and how they got there. I perversely like that it just got worse for Quinto (Chad) since he had to hear that his bf didn't love him anymore. Though I guess he knew it before the murders, he hadn't come to terms with it.
I want to see more of Moira, please.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 05:36:06 am by mecch »

Offline mecch

« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2011, 05:38:43 am »
Also, since Violet is dead how come the "Go Away" works to get rid of Tate?  That works just temporarily anyway, if i understand correctly.

As for season 2, I guess they can just wrap up season 1 and recreate a different story on different sets, and goodbye to that evil house.  Pity to lose Jessica Lange in a good yearly TV show.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 05:54:33 am by mecch »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2011, 11:32:14 am »
I like seeing some character development for the ghosts. Its interesting that Tate is insane and doesn't know it.  But the gays are fully aware of their hellish situation as ghosts and how they got there. I perversely like that it just got worse for Quinto (Chad) since he had to hear that his bf didn't love him anymore.
the show was very inconsistent about which ghosts understood their situation and which ones didn't. They gays, Moira, Constance's boy-toy, Hayden, and the medically-trained ghosts seemed to understand; but most of the other women and Tate were oblivious to how, why, and even what they are.

by the way, thinking about the ghosts and the "Dead List" - what happened to the exterminator?!? Might have to add him to the list. He's dead on the property; but doesn't seem to be roaming around spraying for those flies anymore. LOL

As for season 2, I guess they can just wrap up season 1 and recreate a different story on different sets, and goodbye to that evil house.
I was wondering about that also.  in this season they killed off nearly every living person (so those people have no more story to tell basically, no character development to speak of) while leaving us, the viewers, with a house with too many zillion ghosts to care about. we'll never be rid of the whining Hayden or vapid boy toy now.

As for the living people, Larry the burned man is in jail (probably busy going back to his role on True Blood for season 5, which by the way will have Chris Meloni on the cast this season. woot!), the security guard is away/gone/quit??, and the Realtor really will be needing to find a buyer soon now. Ben and Constance are really too damaged and/or distraught now to be reasonable characters to care about. (yes, I have gotten tired of the Doc too. perhaps more nudity would fix that problem though. LOL) There may be some life left to Constance; but the doctor will probably be going around the bend after losing his wife and a baby after finding out he lost his daughter just a short time earlier. Not to mention having to deal with all he saw happening on that fateful night. I rather enjoyed the quick flashes of him mentally huddled up in the corner freaking out about it all, while his character was propelled forward by Constance to actually face up to the situation unfolding in his living room.

Perhaps a new house each season will be the way to go.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2011, 12:43:58 pm »
or a indian casino/hotel, cruiseship, boarding school, amusement park, hospital, county jail, public library, decrepit american factory always in danger of closing because of the chinese competition, shopping mall, NYC Subway, local swamp, national park, ski lodge (shining), scientific or medical laboratory at a caltech or harvard med type school.

I think an amusement park or seedy carnival town like Gaitlenberg or a fogotten beach town could be good.

A zoo in a city park.

Horror can have so many different genres.  A montrous cult that lives in secret in San Francisco, or hippievil cult in Santa Cruz.  Some sort of Southern Gothic tale, noirish, in the Everglades or Keys
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:00:29 pm by mecch »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2011, 01:09:33 pm »
I thought I'd poke around (since Google is MY friend  ;D ) to see what's being said about season two. In several interviews with Connie Britton she says "I wouldn’t be surprised if season 2 is very different from season 1 but that’s all I know." and "Here’s what I will say about the last episode: Vivien’s goal is to bring the family together. That’s all I’m going to say about it. Because ghosts need family, too."

I enjoyed this article about "Birth"
http://www.tv.com/news/american-horror-story-the-dead-must-die-27410/
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2011, 07:03:41 pm »
The story is about the House moreso than the people temporarily residing in it. I doubt they will move away from that story line. Although with all the surprises thrown at us I guess anything is possible from the writers.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2011, 10:06:01 pm »
What did yall think about the finale? Am I the only one who thought it was a yawnfest? I am quite dissapointed. Every episode prior left me thinking " Wow, I cant believe they did that" but this one was ...meh  :-\

Yes, Jessica Lange gave another amazing performance, but the story line seemed to flatline. I am not happy that everyone is dead now.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2011, 10:16:01 pm »
What did yall think about the finale?
-Will

I thought they were really playing it for laughs , kinda reminded me of Beetle Juice trying to scare the new family away . I missed the last 10 minutes because my DVR malfunctioned , damn it .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2011, 10:22:06 pm »
I thought they were really playing it for laughs , kinda reminded me of Beetle Juice trying to scare the new family away .

Actually that was pretty funny :).

I hated the new family and when I saw them come in I thought "oh hell no". Im glad they jetted, they werent right for that house. lol.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline denb45

« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2011, 01:13:53 pm »
Actually that was pretty funny :).

I hated the new family and when I saw them come in I thought "oh hell no". Im glad they jetted, they werent right for that house. lol.

If season 2 isn't any better or as good as season 1 was, this FX-TV series will probably die a slow death
that's just my take, I kinda lost interest in it with the last 2 episodes  :(

Offline Mus1cl0V3R

« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2012, 02:03:58 pm »
As for season 2, I guess they can just wrap up season 1 and recreate a different story on different sets, and goodbye to that evil house.
According to this blog post that appears to be the case.
http://www.homorazzi.com/article/american-horror-story-cast-changes-season-2-new-haunting-new-cast-ryan-murphy-john-landgraf/

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2012, 02:47:57 pm »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2012, 07:11:50 pm »
Both Murphy and Landgraf said that some actors may return for season two but they would be in different roles.
bleh! :P
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2012, 02:56:36 am »
According to this blog post that appears to be the case.
http://www.homorazzi.com/article/american-horror-story-cast-changes-season-2-new-haunting-new-cast-ryan-murphy-john-landgraf/

I like the old house and all its art deco quirks. Love the windows and the stained glass.

I want to live there.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline denb45

« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2012, 10:44:53 am »
I like the old house and all its art deco quirks. Love the windows and the stained glass.

I want to live there.

If I lived there I'd covert it into a leather gay bar or bath house complete with a dungeon room and all the ghost you could ever want  :P

Offline mecch

« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2012, 07:56:12 pm »
http://www.vulture.com/2012/03/zachary-quinto-is-new-american-horror-story-lead.html

If you liked the brief clash between Jessica Lange and guest star Zachary Quinto in the first season of American Horror Story, get ready for a whole lot more of it. Deadline reports that Quinto has signed on to co-lead the second season, and he'll be playing the antagonist to Lange's character, who also recently negotiated her return to the show. Both will be playing different characters than they did in season one, and Deadline claims that in addition to the other returning players whom Murphy will announce tonight, there's still a male co-lead yet to be cast.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2012, 08:37:49 pm »
http://www.vulture.com/2012/03/zachary-quinto-is-new-american-horror-story-lead.html
wow. i had just read about Jessica's return, as lead character (but different from season 1). this is great news about quinto. It gives me a place to watch him until the re-booted Trek2 comes out
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2012, 05:09:05 pm »
Oh I am just giddy with excitement!! Adam Levine will be playing one of the leads in season 2! He plays one half of the "lovers" (I wonder if its homo-lovers).

Jessica returns as a Nun. BRILLIANT!

and for the teenage girls and sissy men, Ethan Peters (Tate) returns as the hero! (hopefully a shirtless hero)

Season 2 is set in an Insane Asylum. woooooooo  :o

Here's a fairly complete cast list:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/366003/20120723/american-horror-story-season-two-spoilers-cast.htm
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:11:18 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline mecch

« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2012, 07:51:08 pm »
Up until now I have begrudged Adam Levine his hotness.  I think its because I thought Travis Barker was to die for sexy and when Levine first popped up on my radar he seemed to me for some reason to be a rich boy's failed imitation of a hot punk like Barker. 

But I would like to be surprised and find in this show what everyone seems to like about him.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2012, 08:47:59 pm »
Travis Barker
yuck. to each his own. LOL  ;)

I'm anxiously awaiting AHS - especially since True Blood sucks so very very much this season.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2012, 08:53:55 pm »
I watched the True Blood tripping on hash two weeks ago and I thought it was super twisted and great.  It was just about f*cking and killing. I loved that scene were Hoyt gets recruited by the kill the vamp vigilantes and the redneck locks him into a seedy room to kill Jessica.  Maybe it was a drug haze but doesn't he say some amazing line like "You fucked my best friend. And sucked his dick! You ruined my life you bitch so I gotta kill you" or something like that.  I thought, yeah, Hoyt, you're right!  Kill that bitch for sucking your best friend's dick!  Twisted! LOL

Offline denb45

« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2012, 09:12:12 pm »
Well, I do find Adam Levine somewhat interesting, but not really my type tho

and Travis Barker

NO THANK YOU, he looks like he blongs in a sling in a seedy sex back room  in SOMA in S.F. with copious anal warts and loads of cream-pies  :-X

and yeah True Blood does kinda SUCK this season

Hugs

DEN

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2012, 09:56:25 pm »
I watched the True Blood tripping on hash two weeks ago and I thought it was super twisted and great.  It was just about f*cking and killing. I loved that scene were Hoyt gets recruited by the kill the vamp vigilantes and the redneck locks him into a seedy room to kill Jessica.  Maybe it was a drug haze but doesn't he say some amazing line like "You fucked my best friend. And sucked his dick! You ruined my life you bitch so I gotta kill you" or something like that.  I thought, yeah, Hoyt, you're right!  Kill that bitch for sucking your best friend's dick!  Twist

ed! LOL

I was forced to watch an epy of True Blood while in VA. I had never seen it before. I was not impressed. I was lost, there was too much going on for me.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.