Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:22:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 682
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 632
Total: 635

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Mini's latest numbers  (Read 4122 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Mini's latest numbers
« on: May 07, 2008, 07:35:41 am »
Mini went to her cardiologist who runs the lipid clinic.  Mini had her fasting lipid panel and her ID labs.  We see the PID on Friday, but here are her numbers.  The first column is from 1/30/08 - taken a week after her reaction to Viramune.  The second is from yesterday, 5/6/08.  I'm thinking the 2-drug combo isn't changing.

1/30/08                          5/6/08
WBC                                  4.6                                  4.4
Hgb                                  11.5                                12.2
Hct                                   31.5                                32.8
MCV                                  95.1                                97.1
Plt Cnt                               197                                 226

PMN's Bands                       17                                   38
Lymphs                              77                                   50

BUN                                   n/a                                  8
Creatinine                           n/a                                  .4
Fasting Glucose                   75                                   86
BUN/CREAT                        n/a                                  20

AST                                  36                                    33
ALT                                  19                                     22

Cholesterol                        169                                   212 (UGH!)
HDL                                  28                                     47 (YEAH!)
LDL                                  105                                   136 (DANG IT!)
Trig                                  181                                   143 (YEAH!)

CD4:CD8                           1.6                                     1.5
Ab. Lymph                        2421                                   2153
Ab. CD8                            895                                     774
Ab. CD4                            1394                                  1207
CD3                                   76                                      74
CD4                                   44                                      41
CD8                                   28                                      27

Her hemotology report showed no more atypical lymphocytes, anisocytosis, or macrocytosis which were seen on both 1/30/08 and on 2/19/08, so that has to be a good thing.

So, a few wee little drops here and there, but overall, I'd say her 2-drug combo - Kaletra and Zerit - is working well for her. I'm at a loss about how to get her cholesterol and LDL lowered, but that's another battle for another day. We won't have her VL in for a couple of weeks, but based on these numbers, I think we can safetly expect another undetectable - 6yrs and counting!!

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
Re: Mini's latest numbers
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:05:16 am »
Loal sends a lick to Mini... good work; keep on going.

Hermie and Lola

[attachment deleted by admin]
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 07:35:23 pm »
Lipids in kids with HIV are a mystery and often disturbed, but this don't seem to translate into clinical risk eg of heart attack -- age being protective and the cohort too small to say (so no help there I guess, but reassuring).

A normal result would be nice -- time will tell (and perhaps normalise the levels)

Salut

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 02:21:08 am »
Thats great to read that her combo is working for her and 6 years undetectable!! 

And she makes a lovely fashion statement.  :)

AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline minismom

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:45:57 pm »
LOL..but that's not Mini, it's our youngest daughter effectionately called "#6" on here.  She's just turned 4 and has her own unique style to say the least.

We saw Mini's PID today who signed-off on the papers for Mini to play football (yes, full contact tackle, and, yes, she'd be the only girl), but wouldn't write me a prescription for Valium.  I'd only need it from July - October..lol.  She's up to 48 1/2lbs and 47 1/2 inches.

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 08:59:44 pm »
Mum, if you do find a doc to give you a scrip for the Valium, please e-mail me his/her name and phone number. ;D
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline fearless

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 08:06:24 pm »
hey Mum,
This is pretty good news.
If you can't get valium to get you through the footy season, I suggest you take up knitting. It helped my mum as it gave her something to keep her hands occupied during the game.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Robert

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 09:16:48 pm »
football?

the kid has no fear ~~~.   

congratulation !!!

robert

Offline minismom

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 10:28:46 pm »
LOL, Steve!  I crochet, but never thought to bring it to the games.  I did have to learn to stop yelling, "Way to go, sweet baby!" everytime my oldest (boy) caught the ball.  I do feel sorry for the poor bloke who tackles her - he's liable to be trampled by the thundering horde that is our family.  Everyone keeps telling me that it's all my fault for telling her that she can do anything she sets her mind to.  I was thinking more along the lines of college, a doctor, a scientist, ballet, a singer... Never imagined it would be football!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 11:50:24 pm »
I hope Mini really enjoys playing football and doesn't intimidate too many of the boys.  Could be interesting later in life when she starts dating.

-- I remember you ... your the boy I tackled right? --

And dear #6 as you call her (poor child is gonna have a complex) looks like a young Cyndi Lauper in the making.  :D

AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 10:31:25 am »
Keeping my fingers crossed for another "undetectable" VL for our littlest angel....

hugs -

Alan   :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline dixieman

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 05:39:41 pm »
I'm glad she's doing well on her combo... I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers for her continued success in fighting this disease...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.