Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:27:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 519
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 504
Total: 504

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: condom broke with Ja'can sex woker  (Read 5010 times)

Offline shain25

• Standard
condom broke with Ja'can sex woker
« on: June 15, 2013, 01:21:29 pm »
Good day one and all. Firstly I'd like to start of by saying that I really appreciate the efforts of each member of this forum especially the administrators who provide what I consider to be very good information on a daily basis to various person during their periods of queries.
       Secondly the information I'm about to post maybe a bit lengthy but I consider every bit of it critically important in analyzing my current situation.

I am a 21 y.o. Heterosexual male living in Jamaica who has practice safe sex with most partners except those who I am assured are HIV and  STI free based on requested test. On April 26th 2013 I had sex with a sex worker and during this incident the condom broke. Previous studies by the Jamaican Health board reports that there are approximately 1.8% of the total population living with HiV/AIDS and most transmitted cases are via hetro-related. On average 3 out of every 4 male living with the HI virus said that they had sex with prostitutes in the pass. And from this it is believed that this group is the major transmission agents of this particular virus (ofcourse this was prior knowledge to my experience). Back to the night of the incident; I was unerected when we about to start and the sex worker went ahead to place a condom over my unerected penis and started to give me oral sex. After this I was fully erected but the condom tip was near to my penis head, this made the condom a bit loose. While having vaginal sex with the sex worker the condom started to pull down hence giving me the additional space at the top. After about 2 mins I looked at the condom and it was still intact, however after changing position I felt a gentle humphing about 2-3 mins after starting again. I've never experience a condom break before and hence I was unaware of what a "broken condom" felt like. About 30- 45 seconds the humping started I removed my penis to check and chage position again, that's when my nightmare struck.... The condom was broken. The little tip at the top was completely torn off and was inside the female's vagina. Upon careful examination of the condom I realized that there was blood surrounding the broken area of the condon, appeared to be from a tear the female had received. I immediately removed the condom and proceeded to was my penis for 3-5 mins with water and 2 types of soap. I was so terrified I left without asking her status. She seems a bit upset that it broke but I don't take this as an assurance she doesn't have HIV or other STIs. About 2 hours after the incident I started having severe diahorrea I thought this was cause by gastroenteritis going around or some food I had ate before which seemed to be contaminated/ poisoned as it tasted funny. This lasted for 13-15 hours then slowly subsided. Three days after this I went to see my GP and told her everything about what happened. She ensured me that the penile and intestinal system acted independently and something of this nature would not cause this rupture. Ofcourse this seemed a bit questionnable as ARS includes (vomiting, diahorrea, vomiting), but I never proceeded to question her credentials concerning this issue. After this she gave me a medical form to test for HIV 1/2 antibodies at the 3 months mark as there are no other test available in Ja such as PCR DNA etc.

Week 1: I was extremely stressed and anxious about what had happened and I became ill. I still experienced bloating and abdominal cramps post the gastro incident, and it was accompanied by a headache (I've always had migraine headache which caused photophobia at times), dry cough for about 13 mins and a lower back pain (which goes and comes frequently due to bad sitting posture). This lasted for about 10 hours and subsided after a nights sleep. A couple days after, I was still extremely worried and this led to continuous headaches with a sore eye feeling and constant sleepiness and drained feeling. Also in about day 3 post exposure there was some small bumps on my penile shaft which seemed to be an allegic reaction to the cake soap I used.

Week 2: I was still stressed and I have a social withdrawl from my friends as all they did was talk about sex and this really brought back memory of the event. Opne night I was sop stressed symptom searching on google I felt a burning, tingling sensation in my hands and feet when I googled it... Sigh, peripheral neropathy a ars or aids symptom which 12% of person in primary hiv stage encounter. This result really made me even more depressed and so I went to bed with teary eyes and felt shivers for 8 seconds and had tiny sweat drops on my forehead.

Week 3: strange body pains moving all over from my hip, to butt, to knee to ankle, up to belly, rib side, shoulders and arms then subsided when it came between my lungs/ ribs whenever I breathe hard or bend over I felt a pain right there. I googled it and I saw migratory body pains a possible ARS symptom.

Week 4: took laxative for constant bloating and abdominal pain because It was stressing and freaking me out. Surprisingly this worked, and it stop in the evening but I hate some over night food 3 day after and this irritated the the stomatch. I had diahorrea again and had to take some lime and sugar warm water to easy the stool passing. This worked and my stool retured to normal. During this time also I was passing protein in my urine and it was really froathy however within a week time after doing a urinalysis it was gone.

Week 5: I started to sneeze, runny nose and watery eyes. More like I wass starting to catch a cold but then I took some multi symptom tablets and it went away. Later in this week I noticed I had instant itchy not soar throat during the early morning and during the day it eased up a bit. This made me curious and when I looked in the back of my throat I small reddish/ near yellow looking bumps which I google and saw mucus bumps a possible cause of post nasal drip, as I had an increase level of clear mucous build up.

Week 6: still had throat bumps and went bk to GP and she gave me Cetrine 10 mg tablets and a gas medicine for the constant bloating I had which seems to be easing up. She also looked at the bumps and ask if they were there all along to which I was really unceratin until I experience the itchy throat and  took a light to look and saw them.

Its now week 7 post this exposure and I seem to be catching a cold as I'm constantly sneezing, stuffy and runny nose. Lastnight I was slightly congested but I took some allegy medicine and I seem to be easing up. I have sinus and whenever there is a change in climate I am afftected especially in winter. I got wet by the rain so this might have added to me feeling stuffy.

So based on the above experience I am not asking for a diagnosis but just suggestions and possible comments on my risk. I'm uncircumsized but if I don't tell u would not know my penis is fully functional as that of an circumsied male. In Jamaica whenever sex workers are fully experience they have multiple cellular phone and trust me we are J'cans so we'd know. She had about 12 or 15 the least no exaggeration which mean she has been in this business for quiet sometime. So please assest my risk based on this first time encounter of a broken condom with a non casual sex partner. Thanks in advance as I'm really anxious approaching close to the 12 week mark in which I will test for: hiv 1/2, gon, chlamydia and syhpillis at once. 

Offline shain25

• Standard
Re: condom broke with Ja'can sex woker
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 01:35:37 pm »
Just a little additional info I left out: when the condom broke carefully examine the area near to and at the entrance of my urethra there was no blood, I had a small tear but this was beneit the head on my penis and therefore did not come in contact with the female blood.(That's for sure) about 2-3 weeks post exposure I had a mild urethral ithching (no discharge) GP said it might be a allergic reaction to the soap I used as it was vey strong. And finally the info I receive from the health board was post my exposure, not prior sorry for the mistake.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 02:00:41 pm »
First off, wall of text! It was difficult to get through that. Smaller paragraphs next time?

Second, you used up two of your three free posts by adding to instead of modifying your original post. PLEASE use the last free post wisely (or take out a subscription).

Third,your risk was very low.

But low risk isn't NO risk, and you ought to get tested.

The earliest you could get a fairly definitive test is six weeks, but the "gold standard" testing window remains three months.

It is significantly more difficult to transmit HIV from a female to male. In the ten years that I have been on this forum giving risk assessment, I have NEVER seen an insertive partner test positive over a condom break. And there have been tens of thousands of examples through the years. I do not expect you to be the first, but you should still test to make certain.

Relying on another person's word or even test result to make a determination regarding safer sex is a fool's errand. A person could be in the window period, where they are arguable the mOST infectious with a viral load in the millions and not know it. Please use a condom for penetrative sex and you will avoid HIV.

You will note that I have ignored your symptoms. We don't really discuss them here. Symptoms of early HIV infection are NOT specific to HIV, as they are not directly caused by the virus. Rather, they are caused by the body's unique response to that virus as it begins producing antibodies. These symptoms are numerous, vague, and not at all consistent.

I sincerely think you are going to test negative over the incident as you described it, but you should still test. Syphilis also shares the three month window with HIV, so a complete STD panel would not be out of order.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline shain25

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 12:33:44 am »
for all the persons who helped and encourage me during my period of stress and anxiety, o thank you all. Finally after the condom breakage incident i had share above along with the list of symptoms, i had a negative HIV test at weeks 9 an 13. however with some on going and new symptoms such as laryngitis, sinus infection, eye pain and muscle spams i'm still a little worried that i might be a late seroconverter. i do intend to retest at 7 months post my exposure and hopefully then i will be totally convinced. But for now i'm going to do some other test that might be causing these symptoms and possibly seek counseling as i'm a little suicidal right now, thanks again guys especially the admin and God bless. live long, smart and don't let 1 minute of pleasure put u in a lifetime of misery. choose wisely; live consciously!  8)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 12:55:46 am »
for all the persons who helped and encourage me during my period of stress and anxiety, o thank you all. Finally after the condom breakage incident i had share above along with the list of symptoms, i had a negative HIV test at weeks 9 an 13. however with some on going and new symptoms such as laryngitis, sinus infection, eye pain and muscle spams i'm still a little worried that i might be a late seroconverter. i do intend to retest at 7 months post my exposure and hopefully then i will be totally convinced. But for now i'm going to do some other test that might be causing these symptoms and possibly seek counseling as i'm a little suicidal right now, thanks again guys especially the admin and God bless. live long, smart and don't let 1 minute of pleasure put u in a lifetime of misery. choose wisely; live consciously!  8)

Seven months test? Well, enjoy manufacturing your own science. Let me know how the theory of gravity goes.

You are more than conclusively HIV negative. Of course. Then again, this is according to actual science.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.