Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:27:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 185
Total: 187

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: YAY. Going on holidays next week  (Read 4835 times)

Offline fearless

YAY. Going on holidays next week
« on: October 09, 2008, 10:20:43 pm »
Yeehah!!!

Gordo, my new man, is taking me on a holiday next week. We are hitting sunny Queensland, Hervey Bay and Fraser Island, to be precise.

Hervey Bay is full of humpback whales and their calves at this time of year, so it should be special. I've never seen a whale in its natural habitat before.

Fraser Island is World Heritage listed and the largest sand island in the world - about 120 km long and 20 wide. Is full of spectacular coloured sand cliffs, rainforests, crystal clear fresh water lakes, and the most pure dingos in the country.

Am gonna have a gay old time.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline atlq

Re: YAY. Going on holidays next week
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 10:24:40 pm »
Oh I am so eaten up with jealousy Looks great!. Have a wonderful time!....
“Keep up the good work....   And God bless you.”
  --  Sarah Palin, to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, 2008

Offline fearless

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 10:32:22 pm »
thanks.
and from your latest pic, we'd love to have you there with us  ;D oh what fun we could all have  ;)

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 10:33:00 pm »
Wow, looks beautiful. Bring sunscreen!

Offline atlq

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 10:36:29 pm »
thanks.
and from your latest pic, we'd love to have you there with us  ;D oh what fun we could all have  ;)

Yeah, but if I went, who would stay here and post endless streams of political trivia and football player Pics?....:)

Offline fearless

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 10:40:58 pm »
Yeah, but if I went, who would stay here and post endless streams of political trivia and football player Pics?....:)

true, but think of the pics you could post after the holiday!!! and the stories you could tell - we'd show you a good time.  ;)

Ford - will be taking lots of 15 and 30+. don't want to damage my soft baby skin.

Offline atlq

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 10:59:16 pm »
true, but think of the pics you could post after the holiday!!! and the stories you could tell - we'd show you a good time.  ;)

Ford - will be taking lots of 15 and 30+. don't want to damage my soft baby skin.

alright then, let me find my swimsuit......and my moo-moo....

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 12:41:23 am »
Hi Steve

I know you will have a wonderful time, and I'm jealous as hell that you will get the chance to see the whales and their calves, what an awesome sight that will be..I'm off to Hayman Island next month to do a presentation...any chance of me seeing the whales there?

Hugs to you both
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Robert

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 01:34:26 am »
have a great holiday, steverino.  IT sounds like fun but I have a question for you. In February we can see the whales off the Faralones, a group of islands just outside of the Golden Gate.  Are these the same whales?  Do they sorta like sail the 7 seas, so to speak?

YOu and Gordo have a great time~!~  enjoy ~~!

roberto

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 03:42:05 am »
You and Gordo will have a great time..
Looks like a corner of paradise...

Hug

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline fearless

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 07:29:33 pm »
We're back.

Had the most beautiful time. The waters were crystal clear, blue and had that tropical warmth. We went swimming at least twice a day.

The only rainy day was the day that we went whale watching, which made it a little hard to see through the water. I'll post some pics when I get home from work today. We saw about 14 whales, mostly mothers with calves. Simply stunning. They were so close you could almost touch them. The calves are so cute and playfull, jumping out of the water (breaching), flapping their tales and fins around. Humpback whale numbers are on the increase and about 8,000 (there were only about 200 just 20 years ago) pass through the bay each migration.

The current mothers have been coming to Hervey Bay since the whale watching tours have started so they are quite at peace with the boats. In fact, they are inquisitive and one mother pushed her calf up close to the boat about 2 or 3 metres away so that we could all get a good look at them both.

Fraser Island is stunning. About 90 miles longs and 20 wide at its widest point. Entirely made of sand, it is one of the few places on earth that rainforest grows on sand. In land, are these incredible fresh water lakes. We did a hike to one, Lake McKenzie - a 25 km round trip across sand hills, through rainforest and various other land scapes.

Jan,
You may be lucky to get the odd straggler passing through the Whitsunday's while you are there. Regardless, Hayman Island is absolutely beautiful. You will have a wonderful time.

Robert,
These are not the same whales. The ones I see travel from the Antarctic waters in early late autumn (April/May) to calve in the warm waters of the coral sea of northern Australia. They return to the Antarctic waters in November to feed and fatten up for the next migration. All up about a 12,000 km round trip each year.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 07:47:22 pm »
So glad to hear you had a wondeerful time, and got to see those beautiful whales with their babies, I'm looking forward to my presentaion on Hayman Island and I have heard it really is a beautiufl place, and who knows maybe I will get lucky and see a few stragglers...fingers crossed.. ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline fearless

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 03:11:42 am »
and finally some pics.

gordo and I (squinting into the sun with 'lake perm') at lake mckenzie

Offline fearless

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 03:14:38 am »
and a couple of whale pics.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 09:38:57 am »
Oh, well...I missed this thread altogether until now.  So "have fun and be safe" and "welcome back" all in one!  The pics are great.  Love your little goatee shot.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Texan38

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 10:38:39 am »
Wow, what a beautiful place to spend with that special someone! Great to hear you had a wonderful time!!
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.