Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:03:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 215
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I've been quiet, but I'm still here.  (Read 8014 times)

Offline cubbybear

I've been quiet, but I'm still here.
« on: July 31, 2006, 11:56:35 pm »
Hi Guys.

Just wanted to check in and say sorry for being quiet.  I have missed some people's birthdays on here I would rather not have missed.  Those people were here for me when I was diagnosed, and now I feel like a dick for missing out on their bdays.  I feel guilty for not posting in threads and offering support a lot of the time.

A lot has changed and been happening.  I am getting new lab results next week, and this time I am hoping they have cracked the 200 mark as they were hovering on 197, three months ago.  My 1 year HIV & AIDS diagnosis birthday is coming up soon too.

I have also been quite sick.  I have had a truly rotten chest infection that wiped me out, but I'm on some antibiotics now and hopefully they will squash this infection and get rid of the fevers.

I have accepted the break up with my partner this year, and moved on, though we still share a place together.  I have found a new fellow, and I am very happy in seeing where it is going.  I also go back to work in a few weeks time so that will be good.

Finally, I have connected with someone very close to me on these forums, and he has been a lifesaver.  I find that since connecting with him, I tend to not come here as often, but it still doesn't mean I never have any of you far from my thoughts.  Especially my favourites and without naming you, you know who you are.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know I think about you all often, and that I'm still here, still queer, and still woofy.

love,
Matt

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
Re: I've been quiet, but I'm still here.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 12:13:09 am »
Hey Matt

It's good to hear from you. I was wondering where you had gone and if you're doing well. It sounds as though you're well generally. I hope that you recover soon from your flu bug.
You've been a thoughtful , kind and humourous member of our family so please check in from time to time.

Bug hugs from down the Great Ocean Rd.

Paul

Offline fearless

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 12:15:03 am »
Good for you Matt.
Hope you get over your bug soon and enjoy the time with your new found friend :o

Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 02:08:46 am »
Hi Matt

I hope your count is waaaaay above 200 sweety  8)

Get well, stay well  :-*

Alex

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 07:02:28 am »
Hi Matt,
I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick. I'll send a bunch of healing power to you. Get plenty of vitamin C, and Zinc, as those two elements are most helpful in the healing process.
I am also glad that you have made a solid connection with someone, because nothing can replace a good friend.
Take care of yourself hon. Hope you are good as new quickly.
Hang in there sweetums. :-*
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 09:30:17 am »
Hello Matt,

Glad you checked in with us. Sorry to hear you are under the weather, soon those anti-biotics will kick it out of ya. You've  gone through a rough spell lately , and I am glad that things are starting to turn around for you, and that you have made a connection. We all need that ... Make sure to get the fluids you need, and eat well... And get rest !!

Woof-----------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 09:34:45 am »
Hey Matt,
I'm so glad to hear from you. Sorry you've been under the weather, but I am hopeful you are on the mend and will be back to your usual, woofy, hunky self soon.

I hope your new labs come back waaay over 200.

Keep the faith Cubby, and don't stay away so long next time.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 09:38:52 am »
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update. Good to hear from you. Seems like you have had a lot going on. Hope you're on the mend now.

You know you ought to always feel that you're free to be out when you want to -- that way when you're here it means that's where you really want to be.

Also very good to hear that you're still queer and woofy. I expect nothing less from you.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 10:06:42 am »
Hey Matt (mate),

Your being away is a sign that things are good in your life.  While these forums are a haven for us, the real world awaits.

Good for you my friend.

John

Offline joemutt

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 11:41:46 am »
Hi Matty, I too missed your powmarks on these forums. Cheers. :)

Offline Christine

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 01:38:35 pm »
Hi Matt,
Good to hear from you. Hope your over the chest cold soon. Mint tea with orange rind is good for chest congestion.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 02:27:51 pm »
Cubby,

Sorry to hear that your infection has kicked the dog snot out of you.  Hope your man is taking care of you, or else i'm gonna have to have a "come to Jesus" meeting with him  ;)

BFH,
John (Su Oso)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 02:53:31 pm »
Dear Matt,

I'm glad you posted, I have missed you!   Don't feel bad about missing a few birthdays, we have had a DELUGE of them lately....we had a lot of busy parents in the month of November (result : lots of July babies!).

We may be miles apart, but you are never far from my heart.   Hope you start to feel much better very soon!

Love you,

Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 03:51:32 pm »
Hi Matt

I can relate to the chest infection, it really does knock you around, I just got out of bed recently after spending a week there with a chest infection..but I'm glad to see you back and feeling better..I have missed you mate.

I have everything crossed for a 200+ result.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline eirin

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 06:33:18 pm »
Dear Matt,

Nice to see you are posting again and to hear that you are doing well!

Lots of love to you  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 10:42:33 pm »
Papa Bear!

I was just thinking about you! I send love and much hugs. Get better soon. :-*

Baby Bear

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 11:02:26 pm »
Dear CBear, I am in my third week of a horrible chest congestion thing. I have done two antibiotics and still not better. Yesterday I got some methyprednisolone from my dr. and not only did it really do the job but it has a nice buzz to it. hope you are feeling better.

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 06:45:57 am »
 ;D Handsome is back!  ;D

{{{{{{{{{{{{Matt}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Coen Honig at Facebook

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.