Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:24:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: very much scared. plz plz help me...  (Read 5425 times)

Offline ven

very much scared. plz plz help me...
« on: February 28, 2008, 12:57:08 am »
hi andy, ann and other experts,

i am new to this helpful forum. i am very fortunate that i found this forum, you people are really doing great job. i felt a bit relaxed when i found this site something to ask about my situtation.

i am a straight/heterosexual male, 27yr. here is the stupid mistake i ever done in my life.  i am feeling incredibly gulty for my action. that was the first time i had a sex in my life, unfortunately  with SW/prostitute around 2nd week of november, 07. she gave me oral sex with protection and i ejaculated in condom. she took it off and placed new one, again she took in her mouth, i am sure condom was not completely inserted on my penis. i did vaginal sex for about 2 minutes. i dont remember whether the condom was on while insertion. moreover, room was a bit dark and as that was my first experience i forgot ( terrible stupidity) to check the condom. she gave paper towel to clean and i didnt ask her status for HIV.  as this was my first experience, and i dont know the consequeces how serious it would be, which i came to after reading some of the posts. anyway, i did a mistake.  here starts the problem...

symptoms i experienced around 20 days after were ....

1. fatigue
2. rashes on my forearms, 2 or 3 on my leg..
3.musle pains ( below the knee and above the ancle in soft fleshy parts) on both the legs
4. consistent headache
5 bit swollen lymph nodes
6 lightly dry mouth and lips

i felt severe fatigue for about 40 to 45 days and rashes for about 30 days some of them are keep coming and disappearing themselves, and same case with musle pains. still i am expriencing headache from that day (2nd week of 11/07). i met doctor he said lymph nodes are not diagnisable.
there is no diarreha and sweets in my case, recentlly 7 days ago i felt sore on my left eye lid, 3 days ago there was a sore on my tongue( a selected portion),some times i feel buring(heaing) senstation in different parts in body(legs, hands), and feeling un-relaxed sensation in neck muscles.  i am unable to concentrate on my regualr work and studies i failed  so many exams. it is like hell for me to survive these days. doctor suggested hiv and other STD tests. i haven't got the results. i gave blood test in 13 th week. waiting for results…..

now i feel slight energetic ( compared to starting days after exposure). still something wrong in my body,  i feel consisten headache till now( heavy head, stucked head as if we feel in cold symptoms).

what do u thnik about my situation. i feel terrible scare and worrying to death. i pray God to forgive for once, i promise i dont repeat this kind of actions again in my life. i want to get back my previous health condition (hopefully God will help me) . i would appreciate experienced suggestion.....

i really thank for ur service in advance. i applogize for any informals as i am not the native speaker of english.
waiting for your valuable response.( with anxity)  ???

ven

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: very much scared. plz plz help me...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:30:59 am »
Ven,

We can't really diagnose over the internet, but I'd lay money that what's happened is that you've worried yourself nearly to death & that's what's causing most of the fatigue and headache pains, etc that you are having.  You're dying of guilt more than anything.

Couple things: 

First, we don't really discuss symptoms here in relation to HIV since they vary so widely from person to person.  Any one person may experience several or NO symptoms, so it is meaningless for us to try to debate symptoms here.

Next...See a doctor to evaluate your current ailments.  That's the place to take your "symptoms".  Only a professional can really handle that properly.  And since you say you "can't be sure" about having the condom on for the penetrative vaginal sex, about the only thing that can be accurately advised here is to get an HIV test at six weeks, with a follow up confirmation test at 13 weeks to remove any and all doubt.

That last part said, I will offer this:  I really and truly doubt the this sex worker let you engage in penetrative vaginal sex without the condom being used properly.  Sex workers aren't any more into getting HIV than you are, and I think my opinion is further supported by the fact that she used a condom on you for the oral.  A gal isn't gonna go that extra protection mile for a blowjob only to then let you just stick it in raw when it REALLY counts.  (Think not just HIV but babies and stuff).

My bet is that you are negative and all is well, but I think the only way you'll likely be able to clear your mind is to just go ahead and test at 6 weeks and collect your negative result.

Hope all this helps.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 01:33:23 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline ven

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 01:55:45 am »
 thank you very much for the prompt response,
i am just waiting for the results. i hope GOD  will forgive me for once....

regards,
ven

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 08:14:51 am »
You need to forgive yourself for being human and having human needs is how I see it. No wonder you're having all of these symptoms. You're loaded with guilt about having had sex and horror of horrors, with a professional.

Nothing you have reported symptom-wise suggests HIV to me. As Tim said, you need to discuss them with your doctor.

Despite your memory failure about the use or not of a condom, I would expect one was used. It doesn't make sense that she would have used one to give you a blowjob and then not have had one on your penis for intercourse. But HIV is nothing to guess about so getting tested is a good idea, so go ahead, get tested and collect what I expect will be a negative result.

Andy Velez

Offline ven

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:58:08 am »
hi andy, ann and other experts,
i was asked to go for  Hep B SAg, Hep C Ab, Trep p Ig, HIV Ab tests.  i am happy to hear that all reports were NEGATIVE. but there are few questions for me, please answer for my mind peace....

1. it was written on my test reports that all these tests were assayed using Bayer Centaur system. i gave my tests in 14 th week after the encounter. so, how accurate the  Bayer Centaur system is? can i rule out my fear from mind?

2. i didn't took any kind of drugs in my life time, even i dont dring alcohol, i dont smoke... are these results accurate in 14 th week? is there any point to ask about seroconversion in my case?

3. if every thing was Negative, what made me to experience symptoms before i was diagnoised, as i written in my first message, really i felt fatigue, rashes, musucle pains ( only in soft fleshy parts of both the legs below the knee and above ankle), sore on eye lid( for one day), sore on tongue in a selected portion(for 2 days). i am not exaggerating about my symptoms, really i felt it.

4. i dont have any sore/cramp, wart on my genitals , nothing abnormal. i red information about other STD's other than HEP, HIV from internet, those symptoms are completely different from my case like herpes, gonnereia... etc. then whats wrong with my body?

plz answer my doubts.. i am waiting for ur reply..

regards,
ven

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:47:35 am »
1. Yes
2. Yes.
3. Has nothing to do with HIV.
4. Consult our doctor, no one on the Internet will be able to tell you anything.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.