Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:54:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 442
Total: 444

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Top insertive with condom break with rimming and kissing.  (Read 10005 times)

Offline worriedinFL

• Standard
Top insertive with condom break with rimming and kissing.
« on: January 04, 2013, 02:40:54 pm »
Well here I go. A few days ago I went to a gay  club and had quite a few drinks. I did at one point in the night find a guy in the club that I persued. Him and I talked for a few mins then I did the dumbest thing in my life. I told him that we should go back to his place. So we did. We went back to his place and then began to go at it. I know that I was feeling good (alcohol wise) and I told him that I wanted my dick sucked. He did begin to suck my dick and then he asked me to have sex with him. The craziest thing is that I had never met this guy before in my life. Im not sure why I agreed to have sex with him but I did. He sucked me for a few mins, then we involved to sex. I know that I asked him for condoms and he did provide them to me. I put one on and had sex with him for at least a few mins. I then took withdrew from him and ejaculated in his mouth. (Again, im not sure what I was thinking). We then began to kiss and make out. A little later we he began rimming me for at least 5 -10 mins. He then wanted me to have sex with him again. I did, and in fact had sex with him at least three times total. After the second time having sex at one point i looked down and saw my condom had broke. I got a new condom and put it on and continued having sex with him. After the second time having sex i again pulled out and again ejaculated in his mouth. Finally i know i had sex with him a third time and then came on his mouth. Throughout the sex ( me toping the whole time) I know he rimmed me at least twice. The thing I am the most worried about is that I never knew the guy and I asked him if he was clean and he kept saying yes. However, the thing i found out after cumming in his mouth the second time was that he was doing poppers. I ended up leaving after the third time cumming and again asked him if he was clean and he "Said" yes. I know that this was a horrible decision and I still am shocked and very nervous about what I did. That morning after I left his home I got back to my house to find my uvula swollen. It stayed swollen for two days and then ended up getting a white ulcer sore look on it. I also have had coughs since that night and again I'm very nervous. I am worried about my chances of getting HIV after the condom broke, since i cant remember how long i was in him before it broke. I know that i didnt cum inside him though. Also, since i came in his mouth twice is that even more for me to be worried about since i ejaculated in his mouth. I also am not sure whether or not I should buy a self test kit from walgreens to see if I am positive. Im nervous, confused, and worried sick that I have ruined my life. Do you have any advice for my situation. I know I was wrong but im just hoping for some sort of hope. Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Top insertive with condom break with rimming and kissing.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 07:24:10 am »
Worried,

The only hiv risk you had was when the condom broke. As the insertive partner, you're highly unlikely to end up hiv positive over this brief bare insertion.

While your risk is very much on the low end of the scale, you do need to test. The earliest you should test is at six weeks.

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. A six week or more negative must be confirmed at the three month point, but is highly unlikely to change.

Did you suck his dick at all? I only ask because of the sore on your uvula, not because of any hiv concern. If you sucked him you need to get your throat checked out for other STIs.

Getting your dick sucked is absolutely NOT a risk for hiv infection. Neither is rimming or being rimmed. Like I said, the ONLY risk you had was when the condom broke and that is a small risk.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence. A correctly used condom rarely breaks, so get reading.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline worriedinFL

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 12:32:35 pm »
Ann,

Thank you so much for this information. You have no idea how worried I am. I have never done something this stupid before in my life. Not sure why I did but its never going to happen again. Your quick response has meant more than you can know. I have a few other brief questions.

First, to answer your question no i did not suck his dick at all. I might have touched his dick but thats about it.

As far as my questions here they are.

1) My throat swelling on my uvela has gone down but it is mild now. I had it checked out by my physican yesterday and they are sending me to an ear, nose, and throat docter on tuesday. I hope that it is nothing more than that.

2) I was going to buy one of the oralquick HIV tests from the store that say they give you results in 24 hours. I know you say six weeks but will this test give me any resolve? If not can i buy the oral test and take it at 22 or 23 days? If so how affective are those?

3) Since the guy i was with was using poppers does that increase my chances for potential HIV when the condom broke? Also since we both had been drinking does that matter for infection purposes?

4) I know that in my current job they test for STD's and HIV for free. If i get tested next week at least blood wise will they help for the STD's or even HIV? I would at least like to know that i didnt get any STD's from him but is that even possible to test in just one week.

5) I know I cant believe people when they tell you they are "clean" especially when they are drunk, but how often do actual HIV positive people tell you when they are? Also if they are positive does that give me huge chances more to get infected with the HIV?

6) The last question I think. Since i ejacuated in his mouth does that pose any threat to me? I know for sure I did it twice.

Overall, thank you so much for such a quick response. I have read over 100 posts on here from different people and I can tell you something nerves start to get going fast. All I can do now is pray that I didnt get this virus. I can tell you one thing for sure I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN. This is a great resource and I cant thank you enough.

-worried.....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 08:11:48 am »
Worried,

1. Your throat issues have nothing to do with hiv. Keep working with your doctors to find out what, if anything is wrong.

2. 22 - 23 days isn't going to tell you anything - it's too early in the window period. Save your money and test at the appropriate time - six weeks. The new OraQuick tests now available in shops (and the Home Access tests) are the only in-home approved tests and yes, they are reliable. Remember that you still need to confirm a negative six week result at three months.

Alternatively, you could use the Health Services Directory to find a free, confidential testing center near you.

3. No and no. Despite some urban myths to the contrary, poppers have nothing to do with hiv in any way, shape or form. Other than impairing your judgement, alcohol has nothing to do with hiv either.

4. You can test for other STIs ten days to two weeks following a risk. There's no point in testing for hiv this early, unless you want to establish a base-line showing that you were hiv negative before this encounter. There are no short-cuts to hiv and STI testing. If you test too early, you may miss an infection.

Which reminds me - syphilis shares a three month testing window with hiv for a conclusive negative result. Primary syphilis chancres are painless, so unless you see it, you won't know it's there. Testing is the only way to know for sure. Other STIs often have no obvious symptoms as well and again, testing is the only way to know for sure.

5. People who are "clean" are people who shower regularly. When you use that term to describe someone's sexual health or hiv status, it implies that those of us who are hiv positive are dirty in some way and - it's insulting. Don't use that term here in that way again. Thank you.

You should assume anyone you have anal or vaginal intercourse with is hiv positive and protect yourself accordingly by using condoms. Serosorting (attempting to have relations only with people of the same hiv status of yourself) only works when you're hiv positive. Many people only assume they're hiv negative.

The majority of transmissions occur when the positive partner has no idea they're positive. And yes, some people will lie. Most poz folks (who know they're poz) want their virus to stop with them - the burden of knowing you infected someone else is just too heavy.

6. Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection, regardless of any details you can think of to add. Ejaculating does not increase your risk of being infected whether you're inside a mouth, ass or vagina. Ejaculation only matters when it is the positive person doing it.

Stop beating yourself up over this incident. You're highly unlikely to end up hiv positive because of it. Just make sure you're using condoms correctly from now on - because a correctly used condom rarely breaks.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline worriedinFL

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 10:45:20 am »
Ann,

Once again thanks for the very detailed and informative responses. I want to apologize right off the bat for using the word clean when referring this hiv/ or aids. I guess I was just trying to tell you what the guy i slept with told me that was it. It wont happen again.

I guess I have a couple more questions if that is alright.

1) With the OraQuick tests that you take home if i took the test now since its only been a week would it make any difference? Also are there any tests you can buy to check STI's at home or should i just have that checked at a clinic as well?

2) Do you think I should try to contact the guy I slept with. I know where he lives since that is where we hooked up. Im just wondering whether or not I should go back there.

3) Since you said the majority of transmissions occur when the person doesn't know there positive that makes me ever more worried. If for some reason this guy thinks he is clean and really does have the virus does that make me even more succeptable to getting HIV because my condom broke at one time while we were having sex? I see that you said that the insertive top has less of a chance but still a chance.  If I would have cum inside him does that increase my chances, and also does there need to be blood that my dick comes into contact with or just fluids from his anus?

Again, your help has very much appreciated. Thanks for being such a valuable resource and again I apologize about my comment from above. This is all very new to me and Im really learning so much.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 11:40:48 am »
Worried,

1. Again, don't waste your money on in-home hiv tests until six weeks at the very least. A negative result before then tells you nothing other than you were hiv negative six weeks to three months prior to the date you took the test.

Just go to a clinic. And cut the drama.

2. Do you want to stalk him? Because that's what it might feel like to him. If you want to pursue a relationship with him that's one thing, but don't pester him about his hiv status. You should test regardless of what he tells you anyway, so why bother unless you are looking for a relationship?

3) Since you said the majority of transmissions occur when the person doesn't know there positive that makes me ever more worried. If for some reason this guy thinks he is clean [paraphrase]yadayadayada[/paraphrase]

//

and again I apologize about my comment from above. This is all very new to me and Im really learning so much.

I take it you mean both times you used the term?

"Clean" implies "unclean" and all the religious/societal baggage that comes with it. Got it?

3. Go back and re-read what I've already written. Don't skim, read. I've already answered the majority of your concerns.

We base all our risk assessments on the basis of the other person being hiv positive. You had a low risk but you do need to test - at the appropriate time. I expect you to test negative but the ONLY way to know is to test at the appropriate time!

You're going to have to get busy with other things while you wait to test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedinFL

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 04:32:45 pm »
Ann,

Thank you again for all the information. I really am not trying to skim though the information that you provide. I appreciate everything that you have told me and Im doing my best not to repeat myself asking the same dumb questions. You have taught me so much and Im very much apprecaitive for that. I will wait the time to test, I guess its just gets to you nerves that you cant do anything before that.

I dont  want a relationship with that guy so your right I'm not going to bother him. I just have to wait. Im going to try to   keep living the way i always would until i test. It is hard but I made this bed and have to lay in it. I know I have learned from this and I will do my best to teach others.

Is it ok to have drinks while I'm waiting. Im not talking about getting drunk again but just a few casual drinks with friends? Well have a good day and thanks again for all your help. I just bought a 30 day subscripton because this forum is very helpful.

-worried

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 05:28:52 pm »
Worried,

Alcohol will not have any effect on hiv seroconversion nor the tests. Pour one for me while you're at it.

Keep yourself busy with other things (all the usual things you do) while you wait for the appropriate time to test and the time will go by faster than you might think.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedinFL

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 07:47:28 pm »
Ann,

Thanks again. I really appreciate all your help.

So you think that I will turn out ok? I know most of us ask you the same questions over and over again. I guess the best thing to do is just continue living like normal right? It is hard to say that but I'm going to try. Again thanks. Have a good night...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 07:38:56 am »

So you think that I will turn out ok?

I know most of us ask you the same questions over and over again.

I guess the best thing to do is just continue living like normal right?

It is hard to say that but I'm going to try.

Again thanks. Have a good night...

Yes.

Don't you/they just.

Yes.

Don't "try", just do it.

You're welcome.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedinFL

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 08:57:38 pm »
Ann,

I have another question for you. I have noticed that my body has been tight since this expereince. I mean it feels like my arm muscles and a few of my legs muscles are tighter than normal. Is your muscles being so tight a symptom of HIV? I was going to tell you too that my work said that i can get a free std test tomorrow. Do you think that a blood test tomorrow after a week will at least be able to tell me if I contracted any STI's? Well I appreciate your help. Thanks

-worried.....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 06:36:54 am »
Worried,

Why do I get the feeling that you don't bother reading a damn thing I write? I know why - because I already told you when the appropriate time is to test for other STIs as well as the appropriate time to test for hiv - and yet you're still asking about testing time-frames. Get a grip and re-read your entire thread.

"Tight" muscles are a symptom of stress and freaking out. Not hiv. I get "tight" muscles every time I venture into the Am I Infected forum and have to keep repeating myself.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedinFL

• Standard
Oral Thrush and early symptoms of HIV
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 09:57:33 pm »
Hello,

I had my possible exposure on jan 1 2013. I have not yet tested for HIV since i was told to wait till three months. It has been a long and worrisome time thus far. I will hit the three month mark on April 1st but part of me would like to get one of the oralquick tests tomorrow. Do you think that i should get one of the those tests and try it tomorrow even though i hit the 3 month mark on the 1st?

My second question is more clarification on oral thrush. I am not sure whether or not i have it. I have always my whole life gotten cancer sores. Over the past two months though i have noticed an increase in them and also my tounge seems whiter than normal on the very back on the tounge. I have also noticed that my gum lines get swollen and sometimes sore randomly. Is Oral thrush curable? And is oral thrush one of the main (first) symptoms of HIV? I was thinking about going to my dentist tomorrow to. Can they determine oral thrush just by looking at it or is there a home test i can take to see if i have it?

As far as other symptoms i havent noticed anything else major but just wondering what you think?

Thanks

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 10:09:03 pm »
I have merged your new thread into your older ones . Please keep all your post in this thread . If you have trouble locating your thread go to your profile page and select show post . Thanks .

Once again you are back asking about time frames and window periods . I can tell you are anxious but the advice and information you were given before remains the same now as it was then . Take a deep breath and read your entire thread again .
I'm not trying to be rude but if you wait the 3 months and do this correctly you can avoid anxiety and worry that you tested too early , this is why we try and be consistant with the advice

Your dentist should be able to diagnose your oral health concerns .
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:28:50 pm by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 07:51:25 am »
Worried,

You hit the three month mark on the 26th of March - Tuesday next week.

If you're worried about your oral health, go see a doctor or dentist. We can't do anything about your mouth here.

You've been told since the beginning of this that you are highly unlikely to end up poz as the insertive partner following a condom break. Just go test next week, and get on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedinFL

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 06:22:31 pm »
Ann,

Thanks again for the information. Is it true that oral thrush is a possible early symptom of HIV? I was just wondering how many people you have heard from getting this as a initial symptom of HIV. I will just wait till the 3 month mark and like you said go on with my life. I am just hoping that it is negative....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 07:15:17 pm »
Worried,

Knock it off. You know we don't talk about symptoms here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedinFL

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 09:48:29 pm »
Ann,

I am sorry if my last post came across as negative somehow but i guess that I didnt realize that these posts dont discuss symptoms. It comes across as harsh when you say "knock it off" as if I am trying to post something bad here. I paid good money to get the opportunity to chat and discuss with you guys as professionals and the LAST thing I would do is come on here to waste your time. It is frustrating to see you get mad at me in a post that I am doing my best to just learn from and gather information to be a better person. I guess if that is too much to ask I will not ask anymore questions. I can understand if I didnt pay money to gain knowledge but to be SLAMMED by just asking sucks.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 10:09:20 pm »
Hi Worried . I can assure you Ann's intention wasn't meant to be harsh . We are volunteers here and have nothing to do with subscriptions , our task is to give you the honest and most recent scientific and peer reviewed information about HIV and testing we can provide .

It only increases your anxiety if we allow you to ask endless questions that are variations on the same question we have answered before . We appreciate your donation that helps maintain the site but your anxiety got the best of you and you chose to buy the subscription to pretty much ask the same question about testing window periods .The truth is we have already done all we can in regards to your overall situation before you bought the subscription . I hope you get the help you need to move past your anxiety about HIV and can put this all behind you . Best of luck my friend .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 05:57:20 am »
Ann,

I am sorry if my last post came across as negative somehow but i guess that I didnt realize that these posts dont discuss symptoms. It comes across as harsh when you say "knock it off" as if I am trying to post something bad here. I paid good money to get the opportunity to chat and discuss with you guys as professionals and the LAST thing I would do is come on here to waste your time. It is frustrating to see you get mad at me in a post that I am doing my best to just learn from and gather information to be a better person. I guess if that is too much to ask I will not ask anymore questions. I can understand if I didnt pay money to gain knowledge but to be SLAMMED by just asking sucks.

Worried,

I was not "slamming" you. When I said "knock it off", it was more of a ~head in hands~ "I give up!" type of thing.

I told you only hours earlier - "If you're worried about your oral health, go see a doctor or dentist. We can't do anything about your mouth here." Jeff also previously told you the same thing.

And I know you're been hanging around this website long enough and reading enough threads to have figured out by now that we don't discuss symptoms. That's what doctors are for and we're not doctors. Heck, even doctors can't diagnose symptoms over the internet.

Anyway, neither symptoms nor even the lack of symptoms will ever tell you a single thing about your hiv status. ONLY testing at the appropriate time will. This is another reason why we do not discuss symptoms here.

You have a history of not paying attention to what we've written to you. Please re-read your entire thread until what's already been said to you sinks in, ok? Thanks.

You are highly unlikely to test positive over this brief possible exposure due to a condom break as the insertive partner. I've yet to see the insertive partner test positive in this situation and I do NOT expect you to be the first.

One last thing - paying a subscription does not mean you no longer have to abide by our posting rules set out in the Welcome Thread. Please read it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedinFL

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 12:55:18 pm »
Finally tested and a sigh of relief. Ann and all of the moderators I just want to thank you again for your help on this site. I know that i came across as over repetitive and almost as if i wasnt following your advice but it was great advice. I just hit 3 months and a week last week and i went to have the instant test. It was a one minute blood test and came back negative. I asked the doctor if i should test again and he said it is up to me but at 3 months something should have shown.

This site is a great resource and to those of you who just had a risky incident all i can say is these moderators on here are right. There is no reason to continue to worry until the right time to test. I build up all kinds of things in my mind just because of anxiety and worry but none of that helped. I can say i have learned a life lesson and WILL Never do a risky event again! I cannot thank all of you enough and hope if there are others out there that just had a crazy event happen, have faith and believe and learn from what you did so you never do it again. Thanks so much. I can now breathe......

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 01:05:11 pm »
Worried,

Good, if not unexpected, news. You are conclusively hiv negative and you do not need further testing at this time.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.