HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Question

(1/1)

tom123:
Hello,
I would like to hear if there is risk in the following situation which experienced. I have a sort of phobia/fear to blood and contracting HIV for the last 6 years. I do visit a psychologist, just for your information.

A few months a go, I was siting in a boat, 3 feet away there was a girl which had a small wound next to her nail, when we got into the boat I noticed it already. However 1,5 hours later she put her hand in the water and rubbed something of her hand (where the small wound was) then with all the water on her hand she shook the water of her hand and a part came on my shirt and in my face. I can't remember anymore if a part came in my eyes but maybe something went in. Now I have to say that it was a very sunny day, it was hot (temperature around 86 F) and her small wound next to her nail came probably because she bit her skin of next to her nail. It sat there for 1,5 hours at least.

My fear is that somehow together with the water some part of her blood came in contact with my eyes. Because of my long history of fears I am a bit troubled here. I would like to ask the experts if there is a risk from this situation.

Thanks for your time. I really respect the work you do to help others.

Tom

RapidRod:
The answer is short. NO. Due to HIV being hard to transmit by the mucus membrane of the eye with undiluted exposure. Diluted would make it impossible no matter what the temperature.

Andy Velez:
Your fear is totally in the realm of what if. There was no risk to you for HIV transmission in that incident.

It's good to read that you are seeing a pyschologist to address your ongoing fears and concerns.

Happily, this is not an HIV situation.

tom123:
RapidRod and Andy thanks both for your replies.

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version