Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:50:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 233
Total: 234

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 2007 AMG T-Shirt Thread  (Read 28082 times)

Dan J.

2007 AMG T-Shirt Thread
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:10:32 pm »

Last year John (kcmetroman) helped design the shirts for AMG 06. I found the screen printer, an HIV owned and operated company that hires HIV+ people to work for them. They printed the shirts for us.  My graphic design skills are NIL & would need help designing a shirt for our little gathering. This is meant to be as a fund raiser for the grants commitee & the money earned by this project would go directly to them to use as they wish.  Since John has left the forums I am looking for someone that is willing to help me take on this endevour again.

Thanks,

Dan J.

http://www.nightsweats.com/

From Nightsweats & T-Cells website:

Welcome to the Nightsweates & T-cells website. Inside you will have the opportunity to learn more about our organization and what we do, so feel free to click around. You can click on the logo below to email us or you can contact us via telephone at 1-800-859-8685. Either way we hope to hear from you soon.

Nightsweats & T-cells is a full service screenprint and design shop owned and operated by persons living with HIV/AIDS. We offer a line of our own products with messages pertaining to the AIDS pandemic as well as a gay pride line of products under the name of our gay alter ego, "TEAM HOMO." Nightsweats & T-Cells also provides custom screenprinting and design work for AIDS service organizations, gay & lesbian organizations, special events & mainstream businesses.

We offer a quality product at competitive prices & still believe that what we are doing is as radical today as it was 10 years ago when we first started employing people who had been turned away from traditional employment options. The employees of Nightsweats & T-cells choose not to go home and dutifully wait to die. We believe that while we remain creative and productive, on the days that we are physically able, we will remain vital & healthier for longer periods of time!

EVERY PENNY OF PROFIT FROM THE SALES OF OUR PRODUCTS GOES DIRECTLY INTO THE HANDS OF PERSONS LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS IN THE FORM OF A PAYCHECK.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 08:12:16 pm by Dan J. »

Offline kcmetroman

Re: 2007 AMG T-Shirt Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 10:56:25 am »
Hey Dan,

A little birdie told me that you started this thread.  No takers I see.  If push comes to shove, I will do the design again this year for you guys, but the design only.  I don't want to have anything to do with the money side of it again.

It's the forum's call on this.  I won't lose any sleep either way.

Offline Johnny Guaylupo

• MYSPACE PAGE
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 11:06:41 am »
Hey,

These t-shirts are so cool, I remember buying a T-shirt at Staying Alive in L.A. (2005).

Really cool..
AIDS ISN'T OVER UNTIL IT's OVER FOR EVERYONE!
www.myspace.com/johnnyguaylupo

Dan J.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:38:09 pm »
Thank you John for the offer.  Maybe there is some way we can make the payment for the t-shirts directly to the grants commitee. I don't know what the terms for the t-shirts were last year so if you could let me know I would appreciate it. I know we have some talented artist here on this forum so maybe someone will step up and help. I am not even sure if I am going to AMG 07 or not since I am planning on going to Belgium again in June. Don't know if I will have the $ to do both trips. & hopefully this  Spring Southern Gathering will happen in Atlanta the weekend after Mother's Day.

Dan J.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 03:57:02 pm »
Hi Dan

I was going to suggest getting in touch with John, but I see you have already made contact.

Is there any reason we can't use the same design as last year..I thought it was a great one, all we need to do is change the name of the City.

Do you still have the original design John..or do we need to start again?

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Dan J.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 05:25:58 pm »
Jan,

I was surprised by Johns reply in this thread. It is probably best that we start over with a new design.  John, I wish you the best.  & I really mean that.

Dan J.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 07:58:29 pm »
Hi Dan

How great you're offering to do this again this year.  I thought John's design last year was fantastic.

You know we sort of had a theme last year in Montreal, it was called the "Circle of Light".  John incorporated that theme in the shirt design and we experienced it with Alan and Jan's incredible gathering at the Chapel of Hope.

San Francisco will be the location of our next gathering.  (who could have ever imagined we'd be into our 3rd gathering?  Toronto, Montreal, and now San Francisco.  3 cities I suspect most of us, when we were originally diagnosed, never dreamed we'd have the time or chance to visit.  Talk about amazing.  But I digress.)  One of San Francisco's most famous land marks is the Golden Gate Bridge.  For some reason that image has been nagging at the back of my mind.  Then this morning I realized why.

Last year it was the "Circle of Light".

Maybe this year it could be:

"Like a Bridge over Troubled Waters"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmfMma1YHyA
I know it's Clay Aiken, but the performance is powerful.

or if that isn't to someone's liking, here's something from the master himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGbnOmOzW-o

When I think about it, at AMG we do build a bridge.  A bridge of compassion.  A bridge of understanding.  A bridge of healing.  A bridge of hope.  A bridge to forgiveness.

AMG 07--San Francisco

WE'RE BUILDING A BRIDGE FOR ALL

"OUR TIME HAS COME TO SHINE"

RAB

(Who's going and wants a damn t-shirt to commemorate it!   ;D)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:19:10 pm by RAB »

Dan J.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 08:55:08 pm »
RAB,

I like your idea, I just don't have the design skills to carry it out. 

Dan J.

Offline Johnny Guaylupo

• MYSPACE PAGE
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:19:58 am »
I'm sorry but can someone tell me what is AMG?

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:23:45 am »
for a decent overview, visit http://amg2007.8m.com/index.html

Offline Johnny Guaylupo

• MYSPACE PAGE
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 01:34:30 am »
Yes, I looked around and found it..Thank you

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 02:08:57 am »
Hi Rab

Your a smart little bugger on the quiet aren't you..I love the idea of the "Golden Gate Bridge"...maybe someone will be able to help Dan out with the design, or knows someone who can.

Thanks Dan for doing this again.

Hugs
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:10:56 am by anniebc »

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 03:11:29 am »
i will be lending my hand into the design process of a shirt and submitting suggestions for consideration.  As this is not time sensitive now, it is not a priority for me though, so it is on the back burner.

Based upon prior issues in the forums, I really do not think it a good idea to re-use the prior art nor request submissions from the artist, who did do a great job.

Each day for us is a fresh start and so should this be.  I just don't want any 'leftover' feelings or hostility from anyone intruding into the next gathering.  Hope that makes sense.

Dan J.

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 08:39:17 am »
Thanks Bailey. I couldn't agree with yoo more.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 09:02:47 am »
That's truly fine with me.  No hard feelings whatsoever.  I just didn't want to see Dan die on the vine with this. 

At least it generated some responses ;D

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 06:24:35 pm »
Hey John,

Will you and Trish be attending AMG 07?  We must all get together for some adult beverages.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 06:44:14 pm »
Hey John,

Will you and Trish be attending AMG 07?  We must all get together for some adult beverages.  Have the best day
Michael

Michael (Sonomabeach),

I can't help but feel you are laying flame bait with your post here. Keep it up and you will be in line for a time out. Please consider yourself warned. We will not have a re-hash of the Montreal aftermath either in this thread or anywhere else on these forums.

It's water under the bridge. Get over it and move forward.

Ann

EDITED TO ADD: This warning applies to EVERYONE. Please take heed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 06:46:19 pm by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 07:11:03 pm »
I've got an idea...

We have so many different artists who are members - why not hold a design competition? We could have one thread with entries and one thread after a given deadline to vote in a poll for the best one. We could even have a semi-final and final. It may be an idea to post the competion in Off Topic and the vote here in the AMG forum.

We've got the time, any takers?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 08:59:21 pm »
I can't help but feel you are laying flame bait with your post here. Keep it up and you will be in line for a time out. Please consider yourself warned. We will not have a re-hash of the Montreal aftermath either in this thread or anywhere else on these forums.

Shame on you Ann.  Michael is and always has been a friend of ours.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 09:07:25 pm »
MEANWHILE BACK AT THE RANCH!

Ann I think your suggestion is brilliant!

RAB

Offline Robert

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 09:15:43 pm »
Ann

I know Michael.  He is my friend.  He contributes generously to the forums and to the community.  He is open and honest.  Michael is not a flamethrower.  He is sincere in his invitation to John and Trish.  In fact, he is also invited me for an "adult beverage" (his term) next fall and I will certainly take him up on it.

robert

Offline Dennis

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 09:21:46 pm »
I agree!  I think this will help generate a larger interest in this years gathering and give everyone an opportunity to participate.  I've been in contact with Dan and he should be posting in the "off topic" thread shortly.

Dennis

MEANWHILE BACK AT THE RANCH!

Ann I think your suggestion is brilliant!

RAB

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 07:27:25 am »
Shame on you Ann.  Michael is and always has been a friend of ours.

Shame on me? Shame on me for not wanting a re-run of earlier hostilities? I think you'll find my intentions were good and I am not ashamed.

Having said that, thank you for clarifying. I had no idea you were friends.

Michael, I do apologise, but I hope you can understand why I was alarmed, given what happened in these forums last fall.

The general warning still stands. We will not tolerate a re-hash, and hopefully this will be the very last time it is ever brought up. Thanks.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 09:03:45 am »
Ann,

I have zero intentions of going back to last fall's fiasco because it truly isn't worth it for anybody. This was a simple offer to help Dan out since the design, if nothing else was well accepted.

I will respectfully withdraw my offer.  I see that you have bigger fish to fry, what with the lockups going on in the other forums, than to worry about me.

No harm, no foul.  I was just trying to be helpfull.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 06:45:44 pm »
Ann,

I have zero intentions of going back to last fall's fiasco because it truly isn't worth it for anybody. This was a simple offer to help Dan out since the design, if nothing else was well accepted.

I will respectfully withdraw my offer.  I see that you have bigger fish to fry, what with the lockups going on in the other forums, than to worry about me.

No harm, no foul.  I was just trying to be helpfull.

John,

I do not have any fish to fry. I'm vegetarian.

I'm thinking of dreaming up a design and entering the competition. You can too, if you like. No one is stopping you from offering your technical help either, that's up to you and who ever else wants to organise the printing.

By the way, I was trying to be helpful too - in fact, I thought you were being attacked and I wanted to stop things before they got out of hand. I made a mistake, which you pointed out, and I apologised to Michael whole-heartedly.

~end of hijack, and apologies for it~

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 07:13:37 pm »
I thought John did a fantastic job last year.   I absolutely loved the design, and I used it (with his permission) on our Memorial Cards at the Chapel of Hope.

I wish I could draw!   I see a big red heart, with a golden bridge across it.......

**plays background music, Tony Bennett "I Left My Heart in San Francisco"***
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 08:10:08 am »

I wish I could draw!   I see a big red heart, with a golden bridge across it.......

**plays background music, Tony Bennett "I Left My Heart in San Francisco"***

Hey Alan! I thought John did a great job last year too - that's why I bought two shirts when I knew I wouldn't even be able to attend. I really loved the design.

I had a heart and a bridge in mind too! Something similar to my rainbow heart with red ribbon that I used for a while as an avatar. However, I know a little bit about screen printing and I know the more colours, the more screens you need and the higher the printing costs. That's something that will need to be taken into consideration for competition entries.

I'm so glad other people are excited by my idea and I'm really looking forward to seeing what people come up with. We have so many really good artists here so it's gonna be fun - and potentially difficult to choose between them!

Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

Dan J.

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 09:51:58 am »
So far not many people have responded to the competion thread in Off Tobic. Ann posted something this morning that she is working on, but that is it. Is there any way we can "sticky" that thread at the top of off topic for a few weeks?

Dan

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 03:55:36 pm »
Ann and Alan...I put up a rough painting in the "off Topic"  seems like we 3 had the same thing in mind, if I had read this forum first I would have done the  bridge in Gold..we will see what the others come up with..have the best weekend.

Off to take Carlos (the white Alpaca) to the Gore show now..so wish us luck.... ;)

Hugs
Jan

Offline Robert

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007, 04:25:59 pm »
danny boy....

we artists are a finicky bunch.  we have to think long and hard to come up with something.  it's only been a couple of days.  At least give us the weekend....jeezzzz. ;D

robert

(who'se going to go trowel his garden now and get in a creative mood)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 04:35:15 pm »
Hi Dan,

I can stickie a thread no problem, but I'm thinking we need a thread where the first post lays out some general guidelines, and the rest of the thread contains artwork - serious entries - only.

The thread that has already been posted can be used for hashing out some guidelines and a general discussion about the idea.

Guidelines could include suggested size of the artwork and colour allowances. This would be something people with experience burning screens and whatnot could help draw up. The guidelines don't have to be elaborate or complicated, but I'm thinking we do need some.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Dan J.

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 06:07:45 pm »
I know nothing about screen printing, ZILCH! Plus when I wrote that post I was nursing a high fever from the flu. The T-shirt are my idea, but I don't claim ownership of this project. If ANYONE wants to help set up some guidelines, PLEASE PM me or post your thoughts in the competion thread in Off topic. We need to keep cost down as much as possible so the shirts will be affordable. No more than 15.00 each.

Also if it is possible could you please remove your "banter" between yourself and John in this thread. It detracts from the purpose of this thread.

Dan J.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 06:08:17 pm »
A couple of guidlines:

If the file is submitted in Adobe Illustrator format, then outlines will need to be created just in case the designer uses a font that Nightsweats does not have.

Also, you will need to provide the speciic colors for them.

More if I remember.

Dan J.

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 06:24:03 pm »
This "project is proving too difficult for me to "handle" at the moment.  While the T-shirts are important to me,  TRYING to get over a very bad case of the FLU is my main focus at this present time.  My toes will not be stepped on if someone else wants to take over. I will be more than happy to keep up with the orders.  I spoke to Dennis via PM a few days ago & he agreed that it would be a good idea if the grants commitee handled the $ side of things.

Dan

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 07:23:57 pm »
the good thing is that there is no rush.. :)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 02:11:24 pm »
Maybe Nightsweat and TCells has an employee that would be willing to come in and help coordinate the competition, provide the guidelines that Ann mentioned, and help with the technical stuff John has referenced.  Heck, since they only hire HIV+ employees (or close to it), maybe one of their employees is already a member.

Just a thought.

RAB

Offline Dennis

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2007, 02:28:05 pm »
I put a call in to Nightsweats last evening.  Please standby for further information regarding the T-Shirt competition.

Thanks
Dennis

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2007, 05:10:32 pm »
Maybe Nightsweat and TCells has an employee that would be willing to come in and help coordinate the competition, provide the guidelines that Ann mentioned, and help with the technical stuff John has referenced. 

Just a thought.

RAB

Good thinking, Mr RABalicious!

Heck, since they only hire HIV+ employees (or close to it), maybe one of their employees is already a member.

And if not, why not? ;D

I put a call in to Nightsweats last evening.  Please standby for further information regarding the T-Shirt competition.

Thanks
Dennis

Thanks Dennis! ;)

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline escapevelocity

• snow.
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 04:09:47 pm »
2007 AMG?

Some kind of convention right?  Where can I learn more?  I looked on the web but all I found was info on a mercedes, which is definitely out of my price range.  A t-shirt, however, I may be able to swing.

Hmmm....

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 07:19:35 pm »
Please see the following thread in the "off topics" section regarding the t-shirt contest. 

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=8655.0

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2007, 01:54:06 pm »
Hey everyone! 

Just a reminder that our contest is currently underway for this years AMG t-shirt design.  The contest is open to all forum members.  You do not need to attend AMG 07 to enter.  For further details please visit...

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2007, 07:38:59 pm »
Hello Everyone

Only one month to go 'till the end of the t-shirt contest for this gathering in San Francisco. 

So far there hasn't been one entry.  Everyone, whether you are attending the gathering or not, are eligible to enter. 

For further info and to post your entry please visit...

Offline beefbud

• just some flesh caught in this big broken machine"
    • cubster dot com
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2007, 05:02:51 pm »
im happy to have read this thread...not a professional graphic designer but love to dabble and create in things.   Will give it a best shot.
"first impressions are cheap auditions"

Offline Jody

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 10:35:37 pm »
Is this for discussion of 2008 T-shirt ideas?

I was thinking of the Mexican pyramids with a slogan..."Building a better future.
South of the border (Mexico City '08)".

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 10:55:54 pm »
Hi Jody,

I posted this thread earlier today.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=19167.0

Thanks
Dennis

Is this for discussion of 2008 T-shirt ideas?

I was thinking of the Mexican pyramids with a slogan..."Building a better future.
South of the border (Mexico City '08)".

Jody

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.