Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:02:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 646
Total: 648

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What we need to ask  (Read 2409 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
What we need to ask
« on: November 01, 2006, 12:23:53 pm »
Is not only how do morons like Bush and Lurch get into Yale(we know that) but how the fuck do they graduate?
These two clowns have disgraced all Ivy League schools

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: What we need to ask
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 01:47:28 pm »
um, it's not news that tons of people cheat their way through school and/or cut corners

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 02:16:56 pm »
I think we need to ask how the American people can be cheated and fooled by corner cutting crooks so easily!

Offline Cliff

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 02:41:15 pm »
I don't think Ivy League schools are all that difficult.  Much like graduate school, the real difficulty is getting accepted.  Compared to undergrad, I didn't find graduate business school very difficult (at all), cause you were more or less guaranteed an A or a B in each course...which one you got depended on how hard you worked and how interested you were in the course.  To get a C in a course pretty much meant you just didn't bother to show up for lecture like 90% of the time.

Offline ChaplinGuy

• Eat my left foot
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 03:40:28 pm »

To anwer the question of how we get "fooled" my firm belief is that it's people like myself, who work to spin and con and plant ideas in people's heads instead of letting them thing for themselves, who really do the most damage. Let me go out on a limb and say that, while the American people can be stupid in what they choose to believe, too many of us in my business are paid big money to make them think/believe nonsense - and we use some pretty powerful, persuasive tools to do so.

Americans would be better off turning their TV sets off for the month before the election and thinking about what really concerns them before casting their votes. Instead, we get paid to tell you that possibly racist comments and possibly adulterous behavior and possibly sexist actions are what matter to the taxpayer. (And they wind up voting on character rather than issues or smarts.)

Sorry, but last time I checked America's Number 1 adulterous leader did a pretty good job getting some of us rich, better healthcare, more jobs and a balanced budget.

But the Texas cowboy image sells. Go figure. (Don't even get me started on the faux cowboy George Allen, who is anything but a good man and hails from the suburbs of Los Angeles!)

Offline libvet

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 09:03:09 pm »
Is not only how do morons like Bush and Lurch get into Yale(we know that) but how the fuck do they graduate?
These two clowns have disgraced all Ivy League schools

Because some people like Chimpy McFucktard, your beloved president, have something known as legacy admissions and wealth to ease their way.

Then he hypocritically goes around bitching about affirmative action being unfair while never seeming to mention the kind of affirmative action that gives people an unfair advantage because they were lucky enough to win the womb lottery (although to be honest, given the crap that has issued from Barbara "I don't want to mess up my beautiful mind by seeing the consequences of my family's action" Bush's fetid womb, I am pretty sure that it's a double edged sword. Neil, Jeb, Chimpy......all a bunch of silver-spooned crooks who wouldn't know a honest day's work if they saw it, much less ever did an honest day's work).

But hey!  Let's blame the liberals and democrats because they've been running things for the last decade or so....oh, wait!  That's not quite correct is it? The republicans have had congress for over a decade and the White House for six years.

Hmm....have they actually done anything worthwhile in that time?

And if I sound like I dislike the republican party and Bush and everything they stand for through their actions rather than their empty words....I do.

I hold them in utter contempt and the entire damned party for scapegoating people like me to score cheap political points.  I return to them in kind exactly the utter disdain they have shown to the gay community AND people with HIV.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 09:07:02 pm by libvet »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.