Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:08:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 235
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Yahoo News: Man Shoots Up Church  (Read 2903 times)

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
Yahoo News: Man Shoots Up Church
« on: July 28, 2008, 07:16:25 pm »
Man shoots people in church because hatred of liberal views

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080728/ap_on_re_us/church_shooting

Just awful. This is a poor excuse for a human.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:18:09 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline libvet

Re: Yahoo News: Man Shoots Up Church
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:25:54 pm »
Not only that, he left a note that ranted about liberals and gays ruining this country. 

According to the Knoxnews.com (insert ironic comment here on the similarity to Foxnews.com): Inside the house, officers found "Liberalism is a Mental Health Disorder" by radio talk show host Michael Savage, "Let Freedom Ring" by talk show host Sean Hannity, and "The O'Reilly Factor," by television talk show host Bill O'Reilly.

Savage is a nasty piece of work all around.  Hannity and O'Reilly aren't too far behind.  It is not surprising that some desperate and borderline personality would find an outlet in the kind of mean spirited stuff that they use to attract an audience. 

What was even more fascinating is that man was a Vietnam veteran, out of work, and his food stamp benefits were about to run out.

If ever there was a case of misplaced anger, this case fits the bill.   

Sadly, a bunch of kids will live with this trauma for the rest of their lives and 2 people are dead.

If there is a silver lining on this, I'm hard pressed to find one.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:20:13 am »
I wonder if his conservative values include support of the death penalty. Tennessee has the death penalty but they don't appear to use it very frequently. He sounds like a great candidate.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 01:23:37 pm by GSOgymrat »

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 11:07:21 am »

I'm sure this guy listened to those rants (savage, hannity, o'reilly) 24/7.   So much so, that they just took over every rational, independent thought the guy ever had. 

It doesn't matter if you hear this sh#t from the left or from the right.  Either way, you're going to self-destruct.

robt

Offline Iggy

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 11:32:24 am »
My stomach turned on this news, as it does whenever I hear about some one/group/org/etc that is so threatened by a viewpoint that they need to resort to physical violence.

I'm sure this guy listened to those rants (savage, hannity, o'reilly) 24/7.   So much so, that they just took over every rational, independent thought the guy ever had. 

It doesn't matter if you hear this sh#t from the left or from the right.  Either way, you're going to self-destruct.

robt

Agreed 100%

Offline weasel

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 01:59:32 pm »
hullo all ,
               Here in South East Missouri things are BAD !

Burnings   NIGHTLY !  BURNING  Churches , burning homes . killing people !

It is sooooooooooooooo   out of control !

My sister from Connecticut is now AFRAID for my partner and I !

I do not live in fear , BUT  the Obama bumber sticker is not going on the car !

And  the little fish with legs is not to seen !

They have had several  shoot outs in town halls in the three years or so that I have been in this

GOD forsaken place ! If I could aford to move I would .

The HATE in this part of the country is just  unbelievable !

I feel  BAD  for the people that are doing the shooting !  Some of the dead Mayors and county officials  GOT

WHAT THEY DESERVED ! , and sometime maybe NOT enough !

Just because they have a bible they think they are good people .

what a fucking place to put your mind ! , in a book  mad men wrote ,to control the bad people , hog piss !

have a lovely day , karl
" Live and let Live "

Offline bear60

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 02:57:27 pm »
hEY kARL
Thats kinda scary!
quote you:          Here in South East Missouri things are BAD !

Burnings   NIGHTLY !  BURNING  Churches , burning homes . killing people !

Bear
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.