Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:48:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 413
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 391
Total: 393

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I guess everyone here will be happy  (Read 7046 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
I guess everyone here will be happy
« on: June 06, 2006, 12:28:15 pm »
Bush has offered to help Iran with nuke tech if they dont fuck around with uraniam anymore. This is the same type of deal Clinton and Albright did with Korea and of course Korea used the tech to build nuke weapons.
Bush is now in full tilt appeaser mode. He is negotiating with a country he has called terrorist and who are terrorists. Why? Because he lost in four years of nation building what he won in two weeks in Iraq. No one wants to see our kids getting blown up everyday without killing a bunch of them,except these morons.
He is doing this for the same reason he his doing his  ban gay marriage jig, for votes, to try and save control of congress for the idiotic republicans.
I am sure the media and left will attack him for this,even though he has gone the appeasement route,even letting the nitwits in Europe try and deal with them for three years. Of course they accomplished nothing.
Expect an announcement any day of troop withdrawals from Iraq. BET ON IT. What a fukcing waste.
If you arent gonna go in wipe your enemy off the face of the earth, dont go to war.
Iran wins. USA loses again.

Offline Cliff

Re: I guess everyone here will be happy
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 12:59:37 pm »
I thought Clinton gave North Korea free (or cheap) oil and fuel, not nuclear technology.

Offline jack

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 01:11:11 pm »
I dont think so. I am pretty sure we delivered nuke tech and nuke ingredients. Thats why they have weapons now.
At least the stock mkt is recovering, spoke too soon,we are back in the toilet. Bush is done. He is finished.
Rather than winning the war and destroying our enemy he has wasted lives and all of his political capital on nation building. Now sensing our weakness this weasel in Iran has won a high stakes game of world nuclear poker.
I still will never know why Reagan put George on the ticket, but it gave us two big goverment liberal republicans who have destroyed the party.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 01:18:53 pm »
I dont think so. I am pretty sure we delivered nuke tech and nuke ingredients. Thats why they have weapons now.
At least the stock mkt is recovering, spoke too soon,we are back in the toilet. Bush is done. He is finished.
Rather than winning the war and destroying our enemy he has wasted lives and all of his political capital on nation building. Now sensing our weakness this weasel in Iran has won a high stakes game of world nuclear poker.
I still will never know why Reagan put George on the ticket, but it gave us two big goverment liberal republicans who have destroyed the party.

My bad
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 01:20:28 pm by Dachshund »

Offline fearless

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 06:54:15 pm »
I'll be happy when y'all get rid of your nuclear weapons ;D
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 07:01:05 pm »
I'll be happy when y'all get rid of your nuclear weapons ;D

It's a great thought, But certainly won't happen in our lifetimes. Besides all this dirty bomb and "nuculer" threat, I often wonder where the next "Chernoble" (SP) will be.

Sad state--------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 07:14:40 pm »
Nuclear bombs don’t bother me. Religious zealot, idiots bother me.

Terry (who knows what he’d do with one of those bombs.)

???

Guns don’t kill. People kill!

Offline jack

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 08:31:13 pm »
what if the religious zealot is a moslem iranian whackjob who has nukes? Cause thats what we got.
just as the delay in attacking iraq enabled saddam to move all of his wmds to syria, this delay trying to appease the iranians will only let them build their bomb. Same as with Korea.
We need to attack Tehran NOW. Every minute we wait they get closer.
These are the people who killed two people last week for wearing shorts, you figure what they will do with any real power. Thank God our president is spending time and capital on gay marriage. WTF is going on?

Offline fearless

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 09:19:52 pm »
Let's not forget that the only person/country to use nuclear weapons thus far was not a religious zealot or crackpot.
Whether you like it or not, the rest of the world fears the US and it's weapons of mass destruction. You can hardly blame your sworn enemy from trying to obtain such weapons especially when you have already threatened to use force to get them to accede to your demands.
I don't want Iran to get nuclear weapons but I can hardly blame them.

Offline jack

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 06:09:02 am »
Yes,we used atomic weapons to end a horrible war against an enemy very similiar to  our moslem enemies. Japan hated us because we were appeasers,because our soldiers surrendered when defeat seemed certain rather than fight to the death,because of our culture, because of our color.
Japan committed atrocities beyond belief against the Chinese and our US pows. They raped,pillaged,murdered Chinese civilians. It was not uncommon for them to eat their dead. They ate dead US soldiers and kept some alive,taking body parts as needed for food.
They were an enemy, like the our moslem enemy,who preferred death to surrender,and found glory in their own death.
We burned Japanese cities to the ground using propane bombs. We killed more japanese civilians in a two week period prior to dropping the bombs than those bombs killed. We also bombed German civilians. WE WON. That is how you win wars. Your enemy has to believe that you will do them one better, that you are willing to do whatever it takes.
The ultimate result of that war and those bombs was peace. Yeah, it was horrible, but its was the only way to win and the only way to peace.

Offline Darkfiber

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 09:03:16 am »
Jack

Your assaults on other cultures are not easy to take. Especially if one is from antoher culture or has friends who are.

It was not uncommon for them to eat their dead. They ate dead US soldiers and kept some alive,taking body parts as needed for food.

This is ridicolous and shows disrespect for a whole nation and a very long standing culture of high ethics.

This is below anything I have read in a long time. I cannot believe that someone is remotely justifiying a nuclear attack because their enemy at that time were eating your soldiers. This is just beyond and below everything.

And stop the wmd story. It is wrong and Bush already excused for that. Face it. The war is based on untrue stories. Only a few people still believe this lies...

These are the people who killed two people last week for wearing shorts

Letīs not forget that in your country people have been killed only because they were black....

Itīs not about fingerpointing but about putting things into perspective.

Jake, educate yourself, wisdom is power. And do not only use fox.

Regards

Darkfiber

Offline jack

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 09:18:07 am »
dark, you really should read some history on the pacific wars that japan started with china and USA.
They were animals. A rite of passage for each new Japanese soldier upon his arrival in China was to behead a civilian. The examples of japanese torture and eating of US pows are only to show the ferocity and evil of the enemy we were fighting. US lost more soldiers in single weekends on some pacific islands than we did in the entire vietnam war. We were fighting an enemy that did not believe in surrender. We made them believe.
Its very difficult to have an intelligent discussion with anyone who thinks that the US was in the wrong for defeating Japan and Germany with whatever means were available at the time.
Japan and Germany are now allies of US and very prosperous and productive countries, because they were defeated by the US. NO I AM NOT SAYING WE NEED TO NUKE ALL OF OUR ENEMIES.
As far as WMD in Iraq, Clinton,Kerry,and most Dems were on record as late as 2000 saying Iraq had them and would use them.  WMD is not just nukes, it is also chemicals and bioweapons.
Fox?? You mean as opposed to the cbs,abc,and nbc?  I read books. I dont read newspapers or magazines. I watch tv for entertainment,not for news or facts.

Offline fearless

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 11:52:55 pm »
hey Jake,
I wasn't passing comment on the US actions in WWII, just making a statement of fact.
It wasn't just the US fighting the Japanese enemy in the Pacific, you were doing it side by side with your Aussie mates, so I know of the appalling treatment that both our POW's suffered at the hands of the Japanese. I did not realise, however, that rumours of the Japanese eating POW's or soldiers had ever been verified. I'd be interested to know if you are able to substantiate that claim. That aside, however, their treatment of POW's, the Chinese etc was appalling. They carried out some of the most inhumane treatment on POW's and disgraceful biological experiments mainly on the Chinese - if you believe the conspiracy theorists, the Pentagon paid the Japanese handsomely for the results of these experiments.
Many see our partnership in the Pacific at that time as a turning point in the Australian psyche. Our motherland, England, had deserted us and left us to fend for ourselves in the Pacific even though many 1,000's of Australian soldiers were fighting the war in Europe. Many say that it was not until after WWII that we really stopped thinking of ourselves as part of England.
If not for the entry of the US into the Pacific war who knows what would have happened to Australia. The Japanese bombed Darwin repeatedly, and three Japanese mini-subs infiltrated Sydney harbour and lobbed a few bombs our way. The Battle of the Coral Sea, May 1942 when US and Australian forces untied to repel the Japanese was fought within a few hundred nauticle miles of Australia's north eastern coastline.
We have much to thank the US for.
I just don't like nuclear weapons being used by anyone.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:26:58 am by fearless »

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 12:51:02 am »
A re-freshment course in history:

"The U.S. policy of cultivating Hussein as a moderate and reasonable Arab leader continued right up until he invaded Kuwait in August 1990, documents show. When the then-U.S. ambassador to Baghdad, April Glaspie, met with Hussein on July 25, 1990, a week before the Iraqi attack on Kuwait, she assured him that Bush "wanted better and deeper relations," according to an Iraqi transcript of the conversation. "President Bush is an intelligent man," the ambassador told Hussein, referring to the father of the current president. "He is not going to declare an economic war against Iraq." "

=>So....the U.S. practically gave Sadam the green light to invade Kuweit.

Read below, and weep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War

and:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A52241-2002Dec29&notFound=true
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 05:45:04 am by Grasshopper »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.