Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:20:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 205
Total: 206

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Just question  (Read 15491 times)

Offline quattro

Just question
« on: July 11, 2006, 07:29:34 pm »
for about week ago i had unprotected sex with female i am (male) and for about 30 sec i realize i didnt put condom i pull out and didnt have no more vaginal sex ...but after i had pain in my penis and i couldnt urinate and when i urinate it hurts so i went to emergency room and they diagnosed me with urinary tract infection...now i am really in big anxeity because if she was hiv + could i easly get virus too... after 6 week i just had nightsweats but i think is due to anxeity and stress because i dont sleep at all this 6 weeks...i am concern if bacteria gets to my urethra couls virus get easly too...by the way i dont have any more syptoms of urinary tracy infection..so please guys i know its long post but iam reaaly concerned about this ..so please if some experts can replay here i would be greetful....thanx again

Offline quattro

Re: hel please need answer thanx
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:04:29 pm »
please guys would anybody replay

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 08:11:47 pm »
Quatto,

It is unclear what you are saying. First you say you had unprotected intercourse a week ago, then you start talking about symptoms at six weeks.

By the way, symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection. Only an hiv test at the appropriate time will reveal your hiv status.

If you had unprotected intercourse, you need to test at 12-13 weeks after the event. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man. Chances are good that you will test negative.

Bacterial infections are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv, so don't let that worry you.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline quattro

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 08:14:27 pm »
sorry ann i was meaning to say 6 weeks ago

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 08:18:52 pm »
Quattro,

The incident you describe is indeed a risk, but a pretty low one.  Just because you got a UTI does not mean you could just as easily be infected with hiv.  UTI's are bacterial.  Hiv, on the other hand, is a fragile virus that does not easily infect from a woman to a man.  Given the short length of time of penetration, I would be very surprised to see infection occur with this contact.

A six week test would be an excellent indication of your status as the vast majority of those infected would test positive at that time.

Follow it up with a 13 week conclusive test.

In the future.... no condoms, no penetrative sex.  You'll avoid hiv infection this way.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline quattro

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 08:22:14 pm »
thnx for replaying ann and morgan this 6 weeks was longest of my life i am just drugin on xanax cant even sleep on them

Offline quattro

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 08:23:07 pm »
sorry for double post ...but if u are circumsized male are u at lower risk of hiv

Offline quattro

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 02:10:32 pm »
please replay again today i was at my clinic and they diagnosed me with herpes....i didnt take test yet for hiv i wanna wait 2 more weeks for 2 months after my 30 sec exposure in may oh my god now i am even more stresfull i dont know what to i got extreme anxiety even on xanax please replay if they diagnosed me with herpes what are my chances to het hiv....please anybody replay...i am convincing my self i got hiv i losin it reaaly bad ...please someone replay

Offline quattro

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 02:14:07 pm »
please replay again today i was at my clinic and they diagnosed me with herpes....i didnt take test yet for hiv i wanna wait 2 more weeks for 2 months after my 30 sec exposure in may oh my god now i am even more stresfull i dont know what to i got extreme anxiety even on xanax please replay if they diagnosed me with herpes what are my chances to het hiv....please anybody replay...i am convincing my self i got hiv i losin it reaaly bad ...please someone replay

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 02:19:18 pm »
Quattro,

Take a couple of deep breaths and relax.  You're getting WAY ahead of yourself.  Herpes is much, much more easily contracted than hiv.  Your risk was very, very small and your herpes diagnosis doesn't change that.

Wait for what will almost certainly be a negative result.  It would be very unusual for you to become infected in the incident you describe.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline quattro

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 02:24:17 pm »
thank u morgan that few words mean a lot ...i am in such bad anxeity in this 6 weeks a lot happens in my life i lost my job over this probably gonna lost my gf ...everything is just like a bad nightmare...

Offline quattro

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 02:41:15 pm »
and those people that work in clinic really need to be smacked sometimes... my physcian today was some little indian lady and when i asked her about my chances getting hiv she just told if she is hiv+ u are gonna be to and then she smiled on that i was ready to choke her right there >:(

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 03:19:47 pm »
Sound's like it's time to find a new physician.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 08:08:07 am by Morgan »
Morgan Landers

Offline quattro

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 10:37:11 am »
please somebody answer i was havin 30 sec unprotected intercouse with female back in may i was diagnosed with uti and herpes what my chances are to contract hiv i am waiting for my 8 week test if i contract uti i think i coul easy contract hiv too..please cannot sleep at all....i know i am annoying but please need any answer to this...thnx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 03:12:41 pm »
Quattro,

It is highly unlikely that you would have been infected with hiv from such a brief exposure. I'm fully expecting you to test negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline quattro

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 03:29:10 pm »
Thank you so much Ann you dont have idea how much yours words meant to mee still in some kinda anxiety but little realived from your answer ...And again thank you so much for your reaply wishing u all the best and everybody on this forums

Offline quattro

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 07:25:14 pm »
Hi its me again still nervous wreck today is 7 weeks after my exposure as listed above and today i am expericing pain in my hands and got funny legs i read about pain in hands and they can be caused by virus i am so scared i am losin it i also got some pain in shoulders and neck could i secrovent this late... i know this can cause anxeity but still your experiences and thoughts experienced hiv`rs  would help

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 08:22:44 pm »
Quattro,

You say you are a nervous wreck and then wonder why your limbs feel funny? Try relaxing so you get some proper circulation going through your body. Sitting in front of your computer, stressing out over hiv is bound to make anyone feel like crap -  give it a rest. Go out and get active over the weekend. Get some exercise and fresh air.

Nothing you report sounds remotely like primary hiv infection. It is highly unlikely that you would have been infected with hiv from such a brief exposure. I'm fully expecting you to test negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline quattro

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 08:35:22 pm »
Thnak you Ann for your replay...I really try to relax but hiv is always in front of me i cant shut down my mind i am shaky and the other night i had panick attack went to er and i just want to scream anybody not to touch me i got hiv i was thinkin i was stronger than this i am totally exausted lookin for syptoms drinkin and smoking too much and cope with my crazy mind...thank you again Ann for replay...

Offline quattro

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 12:54:56 pm »
After 7 weeks of exposure i am developin some wrist pain and my joints are sore could this bi hiv infection or somthin else ...worried sick over here can not fuction at all ...please guys answer some colud this be fast progression..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 02:14:12 pm »
Quattro,

You say you are a nervous wreck and then wonder why your limbs feel funny? Try relaxing so you get some proper circulation going through your body. Sitting in front of your computer, stressing out over hiv is bound to make anyone feel like crap -  give it a rest. Go out and get active over the weekend. Get some exercise and fresh air.

Nothing that you report sounds like hiv infection. The odds are in your favour of testing negative. Fretting about your test results in the meantime is only going to make you feel like crap. Don't do that to yourself. Try to relax and get some fresh air and exercise.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kumbakkid

• me having a Robert Downey, Jr., moment
Re: hel please need answer ...dont worry be happy
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 11:26:22 am »
Firstly, if I were in your place I would get the hiv test. Also, I would not rely on xanax...the more you take it the less effective it is...instead take either lexipro or prosac...they take a few weeks to take full effect but are well worth the wait...I hope you don't have hiv...Did you wash your exposed area with warm soapy water immediately after realizing your possible exposure? Chances are you are being given a wake up call by the higher power...many years ago a Dr. told me that after you had unprotected sex you could avoid gonorhea by washing your penis and urinating...this may not work for HIV...Also drinking and smoking are the worst things you can do when you are HIV poz...Also being overwhelmed with stress is the last thing you want if you are HIV...Please get the test and let us hear...I'm no psychic but feel you have a better chance than most of being negative...If, on the other hand, you had "taken it up the bum" as our English cousins say, it would be much more likely you were exposed...Meanwhile, don't worry be happy...learn to live in the present moment...Don't relive painful past moments...those moments are gone ...don't worry about the future...enjoy the beauty of the present moment...go for a long walk in a beautiful park...gaze into the infinity of a glowing sunset...and for goodness sake use a condom...you must assume anyone you meet may or may not have HIV...chill out!!!
Len Farmer

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 04:48:01 am »
Len,

You can't avoid sexually transmitted infections by washing and urinating after having intercourse. That's an old wives' tale. The BEST way to prevent STIs is to USE CONDOMS.

We do not allow mis-information to go unchallenged in this forum and if you wish to contribute to the Am I Infected forum in future, I hope you will make certain you are posting correct information that is backed up by science.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline quattro

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 08:54:06 am »
Can somebody please answer this ,after 8 weeks of my exposure to hiv trough vaginal sex that lasted 30 sec,i am right now experiencing severe joint pain can this be too fast for this infection to show ,also i was diagnosed with herpes can herpes cause this or hiv,please answer somebody really scared over here... :(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 12:59:08 pm »
quattro,

Nothing you report sounds remotely like primary hiv infection. It is highly unlikely that you would have been infected with hiv from such a brief exposure. I'm fully expecting you to test negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline quattro

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 02:16:38 pm »
yes i do i urinate and wash my self right after sex

Offline quattro

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 04:06:38 pm »
Just need to ask one more question as u know 8 weeks ago i had unprotected vaginal sex ,6 days later i went for all std and hiv test ,my test come back with positive herpes and uti ,i know it is too early for hiv to detect i need to get tested soon ,but i am asking perhaps girl was hiv+ and if i contract herpes would i easy contract hiv too..please can anybody answer this..and thanx ann for answering always

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 06:37:22 pm »
quattro,

Herpes is very easy to transmit. It only takes skin to skin contact. Hiv is very DIFFICULT to transmit and exposure does not guarantee infection. For example, my partner and I were having unprotected intercourse for a year and a half before I was diagnosed with hiv and he tested negative and he's still negative seven years later. Yes, we are still together and we use condoms now.

It is unlikely that you would become infected with hiv from 30 seconds of intercourse. Herpes, yes. Hiv, no.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline quattro

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 09:33:18 pm »
Thnx again Ann i know i am anoying but cant help it..wish u all the best :-*

Offline quattro

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2006, 12:24:18 pm »
Should i after 8 weeks after exposure get tested or just wait 12 weeks ,wish me lack everyone i need it ..god bless u all

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2006, 12:53:36 pm »
quattro,

You might as well wait until the conclusive 12-13 week test. I'm fully expecting you to have negative results.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline quattro

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2006, 02:24:56 pm »
Thank u Ann so much always for replaying and those kind of words..Thank you

Offline quattro

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2006, 03:26:46 pm »
Hey Ann i was reading somwhere and they said that herpes develop antibody 2 to 6 weeks if this is true then i had herpes before my last exposure...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2006, 05:38:36 pm »
Quattro,

Those are questions to be asking your doctor. This is an hiv website.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline quattro

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 08:37:44 am »
I just want to ask ,i am into my 9 week after exposure and i am havin back,arm,and leg pain and some muscle twichin could this be related to hiv,and do any of u guys experience hiv test scare to the point that u dont want to take,at first all i want to do is take test now i am really scared and dont have courage to take one,is this normal???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 08:41:44 am »
I believe wondering would be more stressful than knowing. As for the symptoms, you'll have to talk with your doctor about them.

Offline quattro

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2006, 04:15:40 pm »
Hi guys i just wanted to know after 9 weeks od exposure i am havin a lots joint pain particulary my legs and some arm joint pain,please tell me honestly is this associated with hiv i am waiting for 13 weeks test,please tell me is this joint pain after 9 weeks associated with hiv,be honest and speak truth...Thank u

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2006, 04:54:04 pm »
Quattro,

The short (and truthful) answer is no.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline quattro

To the all worried people
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2006, 12:39:12 pm »
I found this site 2 months ago i had unprotected sex with very risky female ,and u know after u make mistake everyvone is sorry and i convince myself  that i had hiv and that it i had every syptoms u can imagine nightsweats i was drenched in my bed joint pain ,muscle aches,some rush, so after all this syptoms i was convinced i had hiv i become i used so much drugs over this period i almost gone crazy i was so worried ...And in august 22 i take my 3 month test i couldnt waitt for 2 weeks to get the results but when a sep 6 came i was scared i couldnt go to pick it up ,i waited another week to go for test i went there got scared and went back home ( i was crazy) so today i woke the sun was outside the day was beautiful so i said to my self i am gonna do this today so i went there and wited in that room so scared and nervous the lady come and said its negative my gooood i was so happyyyyyyyyy the happiest day of my life please use condoms everybody and thnx to everybody that helped me and answer my questions especily to Ann thnak u so much :-*

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: To the all worried people
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2006, 01:09:39 pm »
Quattro,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Please make sure you protect your hiv negative status by using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline quattro

Just question
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2006, 11:09:58 am »
i had 89 day after last ecounter elisa test is this realiable after 89 days or do i need to go back for more test  ???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Just question
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2006, 11:53:06 am »
Quattro,

Please re-read reply #39 again - this is the second time I've had to merge your threads. Please get with the program!

You are reliably and conclusively hiv negative. Please remember to use condoms in future and protect your negative status.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.