Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:08:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 386
Total: 387

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anyone have experience with Humana Insurance?  (Read 5800 times)

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
Anyone have experience with Humana Insurance?
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:34:59 am »
...With medicines listed and/or as...

Specialty
Quantity Limited
Mail Order
Maintenance Drugs
Not on Formulary?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:40:51 am by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline osric

Re: Anyone have experience with Humana Insurance?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 08:05:50 am »
I have Humana prescription coverage for Medicare (part D? I'm a novice)... I'd go elsewhere if you have a choice. Their customer service is dreadful.

Every time I've had a problem (and I've had a half dozen since I signed up a year ago), they haven't been able to resolve it. I've had to change meds to get things covered, change dosages, and switch to a generic that doesn't work effectively.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 09:00:20 am »
I have Humana prescription coverage for Medicare (part D? I'm a novice)... I'd go elsewhere if you have a choice. Their customer service is dreadful.

Every time I've had a problem (and I've had a half dozen since I signed up a year ago), they haven't been able to resolve it. I've had to change meds to get things covered, change dosages, and switch to a generic that doesn't work effectively.

Very helpful.

Thank you.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline wolfter

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 11:15:57 am »
I've had United American for several years now with very few issues.  I rec'd a notice yesterday from Humana that Medicare switched my part D provider to them.

I immediately contacted them to verify if my meds will be covered.  What a horrific nightmare and my coverate doesn't even start until 1/1/15.  After an hour and numerous transfers I finally spoke with someone who indicated a couple of my drugs aren't immediately covered.  Truvada for god's sake! 

I already contacted my doctor as I'm quite worried what will happen come January.  I'm not sure of the timeline to request an exception for my meds to be covered but it appears I will run out before the request can be processed.

UGH!!!!!!!   I'm getting too flipping old to deal with change.  Especially when it's not a beneficial change.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 04:34:51 pm »
I've had United American for several years now with very few issues.  I rec'd a notice yesterday from Humana that Medicare switched my part D provider to them.

I immediately contacted them to verify if my meds will be covered.  What a horrific nightmare and my coverate doesn't even start until 1/1/15.  After an hour and numerous transfers I finally spoke with someone who indicated a couple of my drugs aren't immediately covered.  Truvada for god's sake! 

I already contacted my doctor as I'm quite worried what will happen come January.  I'm not sure of the timeline to request an exception for my meds to be covered but it appears I will run out before the request can be processed.

UGH!!!!!!!   I'm getting too flipping old to deal with change.  Especially when it's not a beneficial change.

I'm not getting this. I thought when one buys into Medicare part D insurance that you would be covered until the next enrollment period. How can Medicare make that switch?
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 04:44:28 am »
I'm not getting this. I thought when one buys into Medicare part D insurance that you would be covered until the next enrollment period. How can Medicare make that switch?

I get confused about it all, but I believe it has something to do with the fact that I get additional assistance with my Part D premium.  I only pay half of it so they negotiate yearly I believe.

I spoke with my doctor's nurse also, and she said not to worry that we'll figure it out and I won't go without my meds.  I simply get overwhelmed for fear of another treatment failure.  I'm pretty much on my last one currently available....stupid resistance!!!

Offline wolfter

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 11:12:43 am »
Humana and their rightsource pharmacy is dreadful.  After 3 days of trying to get my prescriptions filled, I've started loosing my patience.  Their customer service is absolutely horrific.  Kept getting bounced around only to be returned to the original department.

Found out that my HIV meds are covered through their specialty department and my other meds are filled through the regular pharmacy.  My doctor will need to send scripts to both departments and they will be shipped separately.  Yeah, that makes perfect financial sense.

I just spoke with my doctor's nurse and she will contact them directly and follow up with me once it's done.  She said they're always a nightmare to deal with.  I have a week's worth of meds left and we haven't even got the process started with this horrid company.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 01:51:10 pm »
I'm so freaking annoyed with Humana right now!  Just rec'd a call from my doctor's nurse that they refuse to cover my existing Boniva meds.  He filed the appropriate paperwork to get it covered and they again denied it.

So a freaking corporation gets to determine my medical care.  Now I have to consult my bone doctors to see what we should do.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 11:33:01 am »
Used the old Facebook to send them a nasty message and was promptly replied to asking for my member ID and medications. 

I registered on their website as soon as I was enrolled with Humana.  It clearly shows all my medications and that all are approved except for the Boniva.  That was approved on the 28th.  Yet when I actually call to check on when they'll be delivered, the rep indicated that they've only been sent a prescription for my Isentress.

I asked how the website shows my prior authorizations are approved for all of them.  She argued with me and said it wasn't possible.  Really, I'm sitting here looking at them.  She then said none of it makes sense and she's confused.  Really, how do you think I'm feeling after a month of trying to get my meds.

So I would really be in a bind if I hadn't decided to ditch the Prezista and Norvir and start on Isentress thanks to the generosity of a fellow member here.  Thank goodness I already had a reserve of the other meds.  I didn't share this with them and am indicating to them that I'm completely out hoping they will move quickly.

Rotten organization and I hope they get better.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.