Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:08:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 348
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Unable to Cope.... Please HELP  (Read 25930 times)

Offline scared9999

Unable to Cope.... Please HELP
« on: May 28, 2007, 05:30:18 pm »
Can someone please help me on my risk exposure. This incident which occured at a strip club in New Zealand has absolutely consumed my life. I am literally falling to pieces worrying that I am infected. I tested NEG at 5,6,7,8 weeks and dont know how I will make the next month.... extremely worried now as i developed a sore neck. PLeaaaase help...

1. A finger insertion into her vagina. I simply put my finger in her vagina for a second and then removed it. Vaginal fluid was felt on my finger after removal. No known scrathes or cuts.

2. Massaged clitoris with right hand fingers, no insertion but worried about vaginal fluid traces or possibly blood traces and then me directly touching my uncircumsied penis 30 seconds later with these hands which may have had fluid or blood traces on it. Really worried as I coulkd have tocuhed the uncircumsized part even though I only touched the outside of her vagina since the lap dance was prolonged with my clothes rubbing against her naked body her body could have been chaffed which has my worried

After massaging the clitoris with my left hand for say 30 seconds to a minute, I then put my finger inside her. Vaginal fluid felt on this finger and then lets say 30 seconds later I touched/rubbed m uncirsumsied y penis for about 30 seconds with my left hand which I previously massaged her clitoris with (worried about vaginal fluid and possible blood traces on these fingers) I also breifly touched my uncircumsied penis with my right hand that previously had vaginal fluid from fingering. Since it was a lap dance with heavy grinding (my clothes on) her vagina could have been irriated and could have had blood traces. What are the chances that vaginal fluid possible blood traces on my fingers could have entered through my uncirsumsized penis when I touched it due to possible abrasions or redening during lap dance when I touched it. No cuts on penis but may have been tender. PS I did not visually see any blood or on my pants but traces may have been present on my fingers. I assume vaginal fluid traces would have been present though from rubbing the  outside of her vagina...

Pleaaase HELP

I keep asking myself if there were traces of blood/vaginal fluid on my fingers and then I directly touched my penis about 30 seconds later how is this this not a risk?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Unable to Cope.... Please HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 05:41:01 pm »
Scared,

So let me work this out. You fingered a women and then touched your willy? Well my friend, I've got some good news for you. This isn't a risk situation as far as HIV is concened. Your 5,6,7,8 week tests are conclusive and you will test negative at 12-13 weeks too.

There are other STDs such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea which are much more prevalent and transmissible than HIV. All sexually active people should have a full STD screen at least once a year. Twice is better. A full STD screen includes an HIV antibody test. If it's been a while since your last full screen or if you've not had one before you might like to make an appointment with your doctor or local clinic.

You should also take the time to read our Welcome Thread which contains links to our extensive lessons section and familiarise yourself with how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Once again, this is not an HIV situation.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 06:04:23 pm »
I'm betting that you're fairly new to being sexually active. If I'm right about that then you definitely need to read our lessons on both transmission and testing as Matty has suggested.

Sex is very exciting. It can also be very scary as you are finding your way. So it's essential that you know what is safer and what isn't. You have nothing to worry about from this incident as far as HIV is concerned. But you do need to become educated about the essentials which you will get in the lessons. When you get around to having intercourse you need to be wearing a latex condom everytime. No exceptions no matter what you think you know about the history of the person you're with or how great they look. Use a condom everytime.

This time out you are bothering yourself totally without any basis in HIV science. Get on with your life.

Period.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline scared9999

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 06:19:04 pm »
So it is not possible that vaginal fluid from the outer vaginal rubbing or if I touched my penis with the same hands that were used to finger her or just for the sake of argument there was blood traces that transferred to my fingers from either fingering or outer vaginal rubbing and then transferred to my fingers and then transferred to my uncircumsized penis under the foreskin? This is a major worry. Also with fingering I had a bit longer fingernails at the time. Is it possible that fluid would have went under the fingernail and remained active and later about a week later I nicked myself when cutting my nails infected me? Silly question but these are my worries. Yes I am new to sex and this worry has mentally crippled me. Im actually on medication because of it....Do you think more tests are required?  Sorry I am just so mentally crippled by this... Thank you so much for your help...

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 06:22:03 pm »
No Scared,

Rubbing (frottage) is not a risk for HIV transmission. Even if there was some vaginal fluid involved.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 06:22:30 pm »
scared,

Nothing you report carries any risk for hiv infection. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You didn't have intercourse and you didn't have a risk.

For future reference, You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

You do NOT need further testing at this time, you are hiv negative. Stay that way by using condoms for intercourse.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scared9999

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 08:16:11 pm »
So even assuming that I can blood traces or vaginal fluid on my fingers and then unzipped my pants and touched myself and likely the uncircumzised area which I know uncircumsizion increases the risk of infection that this would be absolutely no risk??? With regards to the 1 second finger and having fluid on my finger should I would that I had an unbroken eczema pimple on the finger next to the one used and no worries about the potential of fluid going under the fingernail...and staying under a nail even after washing my hands.. Silly but a worry...Can you tell me why this is no risk from a infection standpoint.

In saying all this would you think that my test at 8 weeks is fine and I dont need one at 12 weeks. Sorry for the repeated comments. I appreciate all the comments greatly...

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 08:21:54 pm »
Scared,

Goderator Ann has answered your question already when she advised you that:

You do NOT need further testing at this time, you are hiv negative. Stay that way by using condoms for intercourse.

It's good advice. Heed it and move on.

MtD

Offline scared9999

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 09:49:13 pm »
Please, Please..Just to ease my extreme worries and paronia can I just get another confimation... Exact Scenerio

1. One Second finger with vaginal fluid felt on my finger--- No risk??? Really no risk not even a slight risk of fluid going unto the cuticle or under the fingernail? I didnt have any cuts but had an excema pimple on the finger next to the one. remote possibility of fluid touched this finger. Washed hands 20 minutes later.. Why would it not be a risk I came in contact with her fluid....?????

2. Rubbing of hands/fingers on her clitoris region (no insertiion) for about 40 seconds and then undoing my pants and masterbating myself for 30 seconds. Slights abrasions may have been present on my penis (no cuts) as there was alot of dry sex simulated sex as it was a lap dance. Her clothes off/mine on.. So Even if fluid or blood traces may have been present on my fingers from the touching and then my touching my uncircumzied area and overall penis for 30 seconds and then immediately put my penis back in my pansts. Then I would have lost arousal and my foresking retracted back. and then me not immediately washing. The next day or 3 hours later I did. dont know if that matters. Still ABSOLUTELY no risk... Really. Can you explain why... This is my last question. For absolute peace of mind as this has consumed and ruined my life... I have an 8 week negative but still not completely re-assurruing. I just need more facts...

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 09:54:01 pm »
Scared,

This is beginning to get silly. Andy, Ann and myself have all addressed your "exact scenario" more than once. We've all read what you've posted very carefully so let me say this once more:

Nothing you did with the woman in question placed you at even the remotest risk of HIV infection. Nothing. You don't have HIV. Your eight week test result is conclusive.

HIV has to be transmitted inside the body. The fluids from a woman which contain HIV are not found around the opening of the vagina. Rather they're found at the other end, near a thing called the cervix. What's more HIV cannot be transmitted via your fingers.

Ya dig?

MtD

/edited for a slight expansion/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:55:51 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline scared9999

LAst Question:::::Re: Unable to Cope.... Please HELP
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 10:07:19 pm »
Thank you Thank you soo soo much... Last question... I obviously am having a hard time letting go and these last 8 weeks have been hard on me... Can we assume for a moment that since it was a prolonged lap dance with my clothes on and hers off that she could have had slight abrasions from the "bumping and grinding against my clothes on her outside vaginal region or from pimples that might occur from her shaving her pubic regions... and when I touched/rubbed it that there might have been small blood traces and then I transferred it to my hands and then my penis (uncircumsized) silly I know... at least 30 seconds would have passed from touching her to touching me.. Would this change the risk in the slightest if say I had slight blood traces on my hands..Since it was dark in the room I truly dont know... This is my last worry.  Please comment... Thank you again for all your prompt responses...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 10:19:46 pm »
No, not at all. You didn't have a risk. Now if you are unable to cope with your unwarranted fears, seek the help of a mental health professional so that you may move on.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 10:21:08 pm »
Scared,

The post before this one was supposedly your last question. Well here comes my last response. All your questions have already been answered. Re-read the replies in this thread and our Welcome Thread like you were asked to do earlier.

MtD

Offline scared9999

Reasons Behind No Risk :Re: Unable to Cope.... Please HELP
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 10:28:04 pm »
Is the reason the answer would still be no risk is that HIV blood/fluid have been exposed to air? Someone said that HIV can live outside the body for a period of time but it loses its infectabiltiy once it is exposed to air. IS this true? I simply dont understand why if vaginal fluid or say blood traces touch meucosal memranes like the penis outside the body why it is not a risk like in my situation...... or if you get fluid on your finger why it is not a risk..  Sorry for the repeat questions. I am simply seeking to understand the mechanics behind why there is no risk like details as to why there is no risk to calm my mind. PS I am in couseling for this now but I value your opinion for one more comments as to why it cant happen this way.
PS I am very sexually inexperienced which explians my worry and inability to understand the risk..

Offline scared9999

Please Please can you explain the mechanics of why it cant happen
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 10:30:02 pm »
Please Please can you explain the mechanics of why it cant happen..... even with fluid/blood traces from fingers to penis... I need to understand why it is not a risk to stop my worry...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 04:26:34 am »
scared,

Are you even reading anything we write? I already answered your questions when I said:
Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You didn't have intercourse and you didn't have a risk.

Small changes in temperature, moisture content and pH levels will quickly damage the outer covering of the virus. When this outer covering is damaged, hiv cannot infect. Also, hiv has to bump into very specific types of cells and only these specific types of cells can hiv latch on to. These cells are not found on your fingers or in small cuts or abrasions. They are found within the anus, vagina and down inside your urethra.

You did NOT have a risk of infection. Believe me, if you had, we'd tell you and request that you test.

You are hiv negative. If you have trouble moving on from this, you will need to see a mental health care professional to help you. We cannot do that for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scared9999

Consuses Conflicting Information. Please Clarify:
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 09:03:43 pm »
Confusing/Conflicting Information from other sites:
I am confused about many websites with regards to fingering. Some say no risk so long as there are no cuts or sores on the fingers. The MEDHELP Dr. says Zero Risk regardless of small cuts, abrasions, nicks, etc. Some other HIV websites say low risk as contact with fluid occured. What is true? Is it No Risk or Low Risk? I dont know if this is an innaprriate question but in searching your site it stated that Ann who is postivie for a number of years and has a partner who is negative and that due to his business in construction has nicks, cuts, etc and still after many years is still negative even with years of fingering activity occuring. Is this true? I am seeking complete peace of mind as I am having a really hard time dealing with fingering a high risk woman. Counseling, med, nothing is helping. I need the true facts as there is confliciting information out there to set me finally at ease..

Second Confusing Comment:

In addition Ann stated that:

Small changes in temperature, moisture content and pH levels will quickly damage the outer covering of the virus. When this outer covering is damaged, hiv cannot infect. Also, hiv has to bump into very specific types of cells and only these specific types of cells can hiv latch on to. These cells are not found on your fingers or in small cuts or abrasions. They are found within the anus, vagina and down inside your urethra.

My second worry is not about the fingering (again sorry for the repeat question but from confliciting info I need to reask) But with the rubbing of her vagina and then directly touching my penis 30 seconds later which may have had fluid or blood and touching my penis which is uncircumsized. Sites say that under the foreskin HIV can bind. I understand that when HIV is outside of the body slight changes damge the virus but in 30 seconds would it be damaged eneough with say fluid or blood traces from when I rubbed her and then 30 seconds later unipping my penis and touching myself?

From other web sites I have read that the urethra a main vector for infection but I have also read tat HIV can also bind to the area under the foreskin as I am uncircumsized and that this is also a vulnerable area and that HIV could live under the foreskin due to the moist environment there. My concern as previously stated. Rubbing outer vagina with fingers that may have had fluid or blood traces on them and then 30 seconds later touching my penis and transferring this fluid or possible blood as my peis was erect the foreskin  would have been exposed and I likely touched it and my penis just 30 seconds. Worried that blood or fluid which may have been present would have touched and "binded" under the foreskin in this moist area and since my rubbing only occured for about 30 seconds and I quickly put my penis back in my pants that not much air would not have been exposed and then the foresking would have again retracted possibly leaving viable virus there. Is this possible? I am just worried as many websites state that the urthra is the main concern but for uncircumsized men under the foreskin is also a vector. Can you please clarify. I cant discuss this to my parents and my friends will laugh at my.. extremely lonely and hurt...

Offline Matty the Damned

Re: Consuses Conflicting Information. Please Clarify:
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 09:11:49 pm »
Scared,

You should keep all your thoughts, comments and additional questions in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, click on the red link I've provided above or the "show own posts" link which you will find in the left hand column of any forums page.

If you'd read the Welcome Thread like you've been asked to do in your original thread you'd know this.

MtD

Offline scared9999

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 09:17:31 pm »

I am confused about many websites with regards to fingering. Some say no risk so long as there are no cuts or sores on the fingers. The MEDHELP Dr. says Zero Risk regardless of small cuts, abrasions, nicks, etc. Some other HIV websites say low risk as contact with fluid occured. What is true? Is it No Risk or Low Risk? I dont know if this is an innaprriate question but in searching your site it stated that Ann who is postivie for a number of years and has a partner who is negative and that due to his business in construction has nicks, cuts, etc and still after many years is still negative even with years of fingering activity occuring. Is this true? I am seeking complete peace of mind as I am having a really hard time dealing with fingering a high risk woman. Counseling, med, nothing is helping. I need the true facts as there is confliciting information out there to set me finally at ease..

My second worry is not about the fingering (again sorry for the repeat question but from confliciting info I need to reask) But with the rubbing of her outside vagina for 1 minute and then directly touching my penis 30 seconds later which may have had fluid or blood and touching my penis which is uncircumsized. Sites say that under the foreskin HIV can bind. I understand that when HIV is outside of the body slight changes damge the virus but in 30 seconds would it be damaged eneough with say fluid or blood traces from when I rubbed her and then 30 seconds later unipping my penis and touching myself and possibly touching the uncircumsized area.

From other web sites I have read that the urethra a main vector for infection but I have also read tat HIV can also bind to the area under the foreskin as I am uncircumsized and that this is also a vulnerable area and that HIV could live under the foreskin due to the moist environment there. My concern as previously stated. Rubbing outer vagina with fingers that may have had fluid or blood traces on them and then 30 seconds later touching my penis and transferring this fluid or possible blood as my peis was erect the foreskin  would have been exposed and I likely touched it and my penis just 30 seconds. Worried that blood or fluid which may have been present would have touched and "binded" under the foreskin in this moist area and since my rubbing only occured for about 30 seconds and I quickly put my penis back in my pants that not much air would not have been exposed and then the foresking would have again retracted possibly leaving viable virus there. Is this possible? I am just worried as many websites state that the urthra is the main concern but for uncircumsized men under the foreskin is also a vector. Can you please clarify. I cant discuss this to my parents and my friends will laugh at my.. extremely lonely and hurt...

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 09:46:21 pm »
SCARED

Think about it rationally.  You never had a risk to begin with, now multiply that by the fact that you've tested negative at 8 weeks (almost everyone who is going to convert will have done so by 8 weeks).

You need to realize this is not a physical health issue any more, but now one of mental health. If you can't accept that you had no risk and subsequently tested negative then you really need to speak with a counselor to help you move on.

There are no further ways that you can twist this story, you had no risk and you tested negative this means you are HIV negative.  I might recommend speaking with a counselor anyways so that when you become more sexually active you don't go through this.

What will happen the first time you have sex using a condom?  Will you be this freaked out?  Get your head on right, protect yourself and stop the unnecessary worrying.

ScienceGuy

Offline scared9999

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 10:24:24 pm »
I understand that everyone has said no risk... and that I tave tested at 8 weeks but being uncircumsized is the BIG worry as this is considered a vector as possible blood or fluid traces may have touched it.. If someone can find it in their heart to address the exact questions detailed below. I would be eternally eternally eternally gratefull and promise to no longer post and go and live a happy life. At this stage I feel i cant. It has consumed my life completely. My grades have went from solid A's to C's.  I am currently getting couseling but being 17 is hard to the worries below are consuming me... Can someone address the updated questions below???? Thank you Thank you... Thank you..

----------

My second worry is not about the fingering (again sorry for the repeat question but from confliciting info I need to reask) But with the rubbing of her outside vagina for 1 minute and then directly touching my penis 30 seconds later which may have had fluid or blood and touching my penis which is uncircumsized. Sites say that under the foreskin HIV can bind. I understand that when HIV is outside of the body slight changes damge the virus but in 30 seconds would it be damaged eneough with say fluid or blood traces from when I rubbed her and then 30 seconds later unipping my penis and touching myself and possibly touching the uncircumsized area.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 11:16:32 pm »
I've merged your threads. Please keep all of your comments in this same thread. It allows readers to follow the conversation.

Nothing you are adding on now changes what has been said to you. Your anxiety has no basis in HIV science. If you continue searching the web you absolutely are going to find places that will feed your worst fears.

I certainly expect you to continue to test negative. And yes I have read your further comments. Just more scare stuff and no basis for legit concerns about HIV transmission.

At this point I suppose only getting another negative result at 13 weeks will put your mind to rest. At least I hope it will. In the meantime lay off of surfing other sites and stay productively busy in your life. It will help the time to pass more quickly than you may imagine possible.

As far as symptoms are concerned, if you're having any that's something to discuss with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV. Really.

You don't have anything to "cope with." Just get on with your life and stop all this drama. 
Andy Velez

Offline scared9999

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 12:07:04 am »
Hello Andy and all, thank you so much for calming me. I am just trying to educate myself...It must be quite annoying to keep saying the same thing. So in HIV science it would not matter if it touched the uncircumzied area or urethra or whatever with fluid or blood traces that may have been on my fingers as it would have been exposed to air?  On the New Zealand Aids Website it said that using fluid as lube increases HIV risk. I certainly didnt use it as lube I just rubber her outer vaginal region but I might have touched my penis with the same fingers as the one used in fingering. I am just trying to understand the tranmission methodology to educate myself in further encounters. And with regards to fingering is it true that the moderator Ann has a partner which is NEG and has engaged in fingering over the years and it still NEG. Sorry if that is innaprrpriate to ask but if this is the case it would COMPLETELY put my fears to rest... Can you please just answer this question.. The No risk is really assuring but from I transmission point of view I just want to know why... sorry for repeating myself.

Offline scared9999

In a nutshell Straight to the point of my last worry:
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 02:25:28 am »
1. Would rubbing the outside of the vaginal region for 30 seconds and having possible fluid or blood traces on my fingers pose ANY risk if I touched my uncircumsized (foreskin) penis 30 seconds later. I understand NO risk for circumsized but since I am uncircumsized my urithra is not only the vulnerable area. Another vulnerable area is under my foreskin is what a Dr's said due to the moist area. And that uncircumsized males have a higher chance of contraction when having unprotected sex which obviously I didnt. My foreskin would have been exposed and possibley touched for about 30 seconds when masterbating.. Would the risk still be zero if this fluid/blood traces came into contact with this (uncircumsized) area and the foreskin retracted after loss of erection and not immedeiately washing.

2. 1 second finger. I understand zero risk. Is it true that one of the pos moderators has a partner that is neg after many years of this type of finger actvitiy.

If you still say the same thing I will find the strength to move on......Sorry for being SUCH A PAIN IN THE you know what but if you kind the strentgh just to comment as I maybe I wasnt clear in my inital post but you probably feel I was... Sorry.. Sorry Sorry.. But can you comment on this last post...

Offline scared9999

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 03:15:10 am »
I read this post in one of the forums by ANN. It references dendritic cells under the foreskin. which is my MAIN worry. Should this not be a worry as if there were traces of fluid or blood on my fingers from rubbing her outer vaginal region and then touching myslef 30 seconds later it would not matter as it was exposed to air.?? Or should I worry..

"The cervix is difficult to reach with a finger and you are unlikely to come into contact with it. The cervical fluids are very thick and stay in place over the cervix. They are there to protect the opening to the womb.

No, there are no specific type of white blood cell/receptive in any parts of the skin like the thigh, legs, stomach. As Jonathan said, they are mainly present in the urethra, in the dendritic cells under an uncircumcised foreskin, in the anus, and in the vagina. To a far lessor degree, there are some in the tonsil area as well.

"So the scientist did a research if infectious fluid transmission to open wounds in monkey/primates.....etc and no transmission occurs?" That's right.

The skin is a fantastic organ. (and yes, it is considered an organ of the body.) As soon as you get a cut, the body starts working to close off the cut so you don't get infected with bacteria or other things. There is bacteria all around us and if the body didn't start repairing itself immediately, every time you got a cut, no matter how small or large, it would become infected. Cuts mainly get infected with bacteria when dirt gets inside the cut and the body starts healing around it, enclosing it into the body.

A petri dish or a laboratory are not the ideal environments for hiv to be. No where is - except INSIDE the human body. The environment inside the body is a very difficult environment to re-create or duplicate. Taking hiv out of the body and expecting it to reproduce and infect is like taking a fish out of water and expecting it to live and produce offspring. It just won't happen."

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 04:29:03 am »
scared,

If you'd had unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, where your penis was INSIDE the person unprotected, then you'd be right to worry about your foreskin providing an extra vector for transmission. You didn't have unprotected intercourse and you did NOT have a risk.

My partner of eight years has an intact foreskin and he remains hiv negative. You will too as long as you use condoms for intercourse.

If you cannot bring yourself to believe us, go get your conclusive negative three month test. Just don't expect to be able to come here every day to wring your hands over your NO RISK incident in the meantime.

Ann

PS - STOP starting new threads, or face a time out. I deleted the new thread you started AFTER you'd been told not to. Make sure you read the Welcome Thread and abide by our forum posting guidelines.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 04:31:41 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scared9999

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 05:28:45 am »
Thank You Ann, your comments have set me at ease... you are a great person for helping me...embarassing: honestly this was my first sexual encouter and i am a bit uninformed.. and the fact she was a stripper made me feel guilty... I had the impression that A. fluid/blood traces that may have been on my fingers after exterior vaginal rubbing and then touching my uncircumsized penis demetical tissue seemed to be that this would be logical for HIV trasmission... So this is not possible due to air exposure...damaging the virus.. And with with fingering I thought this would be exactly like unprotected sex as there was no air.. But from comments it seems this is a safe activity even with scrapes which I didnt have... So to sum it up I have no risk because

A. Air would have damaged HIV virus the moment it was exposed to air and touching my uncircumsized penis was an safe activity and that nobody is infected with mutual masterbation regardless of possible fluid/bllod traces which may have been on my hands.

B. fingering is a safe sex activity even with nicks or abrsasions as HIV has never been documented this way..

Can you confirm... Thank you soooo sooo much.. I promise no repeated posts just your final confirmation saying that I am right on my analysis... and that I had no risk... Thank you again you made me sooo sooo happy for your help

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 06:09:40 am »
Scared,

Yes, that's it, you've got it.

Just make sure you use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse when you start having intercourse. Read and study the information available in the three links in my signature line. You may even want to buy some condoms to practice with in the privacy of your own home so you are comfortable and confident with them when the time comes.

Use condoms and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scared9999

Is this possible? New post for new twist....I am posting as a new thread unsure if this is correct as it is simply a specific question to a new twist in the situation. After rubbing the exterior of a vagina which may have had fluid or blood traces on a high risk woman and then directly touching/masterbating my uncircumsized penis for only 30 seconds and then putting my penis back in my pants which wouldnt have much air exposure after touching myself. The reason I am asking in a new post is I didnt put in my previous post is that 3 weeks after the incident I deleveloped itchy tingly irriated gentials and then a light rash appreared on the head of the penis which quickly went away with some hydrocortisone after two days. This would have been the area the foreskin would have covered normally and not covered when I touched myslef. I unfortunately dont have the best of hygeniene sometimes and may not always wash consistently under the foreskin and I am worried that fluid/blood from my rubbing may have went from my fingers and then under the foreskin and then weeks later the HIV or fluid could have infected me through masterbating causing the rash as I know HIV can bind with uncircumsized penis. I have never had a rash like this before and the rash hasnt came back. I tested NEG for all STD 5 weeks later and the rash hasnnt reapeared and I always didnt have the best of hygeniene before and never has anything like this before.. I also tested HIV NEG at 8 weeks but I feel what if the infected fluid was there for weeks as I didnt wash maybe eneough and when I masterbated/touched myself maybe it would have then infected me and that my 8 week negative is not 100% as my symptoms such as sore neck and light abdominal pain started at 6 and 7 weeks  Sorry and thanks for all the helpppp I really need it the couselors in my country say I should worry...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 06:30:56 am »
scared,

None of the additional concerns you bring here change the fact that you had no risk. Mutual masturbation is NOT a risk for hiv infection and this is exactly what your situation was - mutual masturbation.

I would suggest to you that you wash your penis a little more frequently. This is not an hiv situation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scared9999

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »
Hello, I just tested at 10 weeks and 1 day. NEG.. I know EVERYONE SAID no risk. But out of curiousity. 13 weeks is considered conculsive for most places like CDC but in places like the state of Massachusetts states only 6 weeks. The Dr. at Med HELP advocates testing at 6-8 weeks to be conclusive for low risk like unprotected vaginal which i didnt have. I understand this window period is of great debate as some places state 6 months if you are a drug user or on chemo etc some only 6 weeks and some 6-8 weeks. Are there instances where people test NEG at for instance 10 weeks like in my situation and then test pos at the 13 week or later who are not drug users or on chemo etc.... I am sure that in the postivie forum for people that tested postivie when did they usually test POS. 6 weeks, 8 weeks, etc... Any information would be appreciated... PS can taking valium distort the test in any way... As you probably already know from my post I am a bit mental... hehe.. well alot mental... Thank you for any clarification...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2007, 10:13:51 pm »
scared9999, those that are in the "I Just Tested Poz" is of no concern to you. You didn't have a risk and it is now time to move on. 

Offline scared9999

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 10:18:40 pm »
Thanks Rapid, Even if there was the slighest risk would you consider 10 weeks pretty conculsive. Regardless on what is on the pos forum. I am simply curious as to why the discrepency on window period. I think I am fine but I am confused as why someone like state of massachusetts says 6 weeks on their site and the medhelp dr saying 6-8 weeks and then some like the CDC saying 12-13 weeks. Why so much differing information?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2007, 10:38:26 pm »
There are no tests approved by the FDA to test and give a conclusive result earlier than three months.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 04:38:54 am »
scared,

For a person such as yourself, who had NO risk, ten weeks is considered conclusive. You do not have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scared9999

Possible Needlestick Injury: :Re: Unable to Cope.... Please HELP
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 01:51:10 am »
Hello, I realized I am fine with regards to my original exposure. Thank you so much for you help. it meant alot to me... But I feel I have a new exposure....

About two weeks ago I ran bare foot to the beach and down a pathway which which definately had sharp rocks, wood chips/splinters, etc... I even felt slight pain when walking over these items to the actual sand. No needles definately would have been on this pathway....

After surfing and walking up the beach, I felt a slight pain sensation in my toe but didnt think anything of it. I didnt feel an (object) or see anything in the sand when I felt the light pain sensation in the sand but I didnt really look, but obviously nothing was seen when walking on the sand. Afterwards I noticed a pin sized hole on my which punctured my skin and could bleed in the skin was pushed. My other toe can some light scrapes but no punctures which makes my think the occurence was just the rough environment (rocks, wood splinters) when running to the beach on the pathway and that I didnt feel the pain until coming out of the surf and my feet being tender.

But I cant stop from thinking that the puncture was caused by a needle when walking in the sand. As my injury was a pin size puncture. It is possible, as needles have been previously found on neigboring beaches as I used to work as a surf live saver. It happens rarely.. The incident occured at 4:00pm and the beach was busy, and is somewhat a family beach but it is a backpacker area, so if it was in fact a needle it would have likely been sitting there all day as I dont envsion a person using a needle during the daytime on a busy beach.

I called the STD/HIV clinic and they said no need to worry, if in fact it was a needle that I stepped on as this would be considered a "cold" needlestick injury and cannot transmit HIV and the HIV needlestick transmission occurrences usually occur immediately after drawing blood or sharing needles, etc...

Do I have any need to worry? Assuming that I did indeed step on a needle. Do environment needlesticks injuries such beaches pose no risk? Aside from maybe (tetnus or hepaptits) I know I know, I didnt even confirm I stepped on a needle but Assuming it was a actually a needle that I stepped on it and a Pos + person used it, would it still be no risk as what was told to me at my STD clinic, Can I get your insight on risk. Everyone I have spoke to says no risk at ALL. and no testing is required even if it was a needle.. But are they just assuming that I didnt step on a needle? I need to evaluate risk assuming that I did. The clinics said even if I did step on a needle it would be no risk of HIV... Please advise..

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 03:26:19 am »
The likelihood of you getting your toes speared by used needles whilst sylphing along the beach is extraordinarily remote. Even if you were jabbed by a carelessly discarded sharp, the clinic you contacted gave you the right information.

You don't need to test for HIV.

And yup you've gotten it right again, other bugs like tetanus are much more of a concern in situations like this.

Scared, you need to understand that all the information you need is contained in the previous responses you've received in this thread and in our Welcome Thread. We're not going to dole out snippets of information every time you think up some scenario or question to ask us.

Really. Move on.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.