Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:53:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 236
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The way we were.  (Read 19293 times)

Offline wolfter

The way we were.
« on: February 03, 2011, 09:48:30 pm »
I was looking through my old photo albums admiring the beautiful faces of all my friends who died so young and never got the chance to experince this beautiful thing called aging.  They remain forever young in my heart and mind.

I thought it'd be kinda fun to temporary change our user photos.  This is perhaps the last known photo I have before my diagnosis.  Wish it wasn't so grainy.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: The way we were.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:11:03 pm »
This photo was taken in November 1992, a couple of weeks before I was infected. A friend took several photos of my partner and me together. Sometimes I look at the couple in the photos and feel like I am looking at people who died a long time ago.

We aren't those people anymore.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:14:52 pm by GSOgymrat »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 11:30:58 pm »
my new avatar pix is from 1981 when I had been a sophomore in a Christan college.A year later I would break the shackles of the Baptist faith, coming to grips with just who I was (and that I really liked dick! LOL) and would come out as a gay man - by breaking up with my lesbian fiance.  :o

while cleaning out a closet during our recent horrible snowstorm here in SC (it took the snow 2 whole days to melt!) I came across some old polaroids that my Dad had taken of me in 1987

I am a little unnerved looking back at this picture. Little did I know then that I had probably already been HIV positive for 2 to 3 years. All I knew back then was that I was happy with Randy, we had recently opened our pet store, and soon would be making the move down to Canton where I would live for another 22 years. Little would I know, nor would I imagine, how much our lives would change when nearly 5 years later to the date of this picture (five years and 6 days to be exact), I would being getting my positive test results back.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 11:43:31 pm »
I don't think I have pix prior to infection on digital or even scanned in.  I'll have to scan one.  Remember when we had to send film off and wait to see if they turned out?..lol.  I'll be interested to see the pix people post.   

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 11:48:21 pm »
Remember when we had to send film off and wait to see if they turned out?..lol. 
argh! Randy and I went to Disney (back in 1993) barely 6 months before he passed away. I took 5 rolls of pictures and not a one of them (!!!!!) came out. I have those pictures in my memories but sure wish I had the printed versions.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 01:49:31 am »
This has been a little sad, actually.  After seeing the thread, I began looking back at pix of me prior to infection.  I look so happy and full of life--far from what I've become.  Well, I was trying to act all sexy in the first pic, so I don't look all that happy.  However, I feel some encouragement to get back to that person.  Looking back at pix can do that.  Here are a couple of the last ones I took prior to infection.  These were all in a section of an album together.  The first 2 are some of the very last pix taking before infection.  Actually, very close to infection.  In that same section of pix, I found some of my meeting President Clinton--just before the 2000 Election.  Others are from Election Night 2000 in Nashville.  Why do I post those?  Well, I was so outgoing and involved in many things then.  And, those were some of the very last pix I have prior to infection. 

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 04:36:51 am »
<<with beard

sans beard:

y'all are mean people.. ;)
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline wolfter

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 05:43:16 am »
Nothing spoke gay like tank over t's.  LOVED that look, especially with the satin gym shorts.  Loved the pics all.  It was a melancholy day, but it was the good kind.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 05:45:57 am »
I don't think I have pix prior to infection on digital or even scanned in.  I'll have to scan one.  Remember when we had to send film off and wait to see if they turned out?..lol.  I'll be interested to see the pix people post.   

I still have a roll of the old 110 not developed from years ago.  Great pic!

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 06:34:31 am »
This one is of my mom and me (taken at my brother's wedding reception).   

This one would be around the time that my ID Spec. said he thought I became infected (2000).

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 06:05:28 pm by hope_for_a_cure »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 06:55:50 am »
This one is of my mom and me (taken at my brother's wedding reception).   

Nice.  Your mum is beautiful.  Very southern belleish.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 07:03:09 am »
Why thanks wolfter.  She is a very special lady and yes... very southern.  lol

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 07:43:51 am »
I dunno --- you all look cute before - and of course you are young in those pics so. 
Yet you all look handsome now.

I guess you are mostly LTS so you see the infection date as a dramatic marking point.  I never thought of a before and after "me".  At least not something capturable in pictures, cause my infection is so contemporary and in my 40's to boot. (So that young hottie was long gone before HIV arrived.)

Its just a different ball game.  Thought I might add that perspective to this thread.  I think my brain and spirit took a beating however.  But obviously minor compared to the fear and illness you all had to live and overcome for so long.

Is HIV what separates you from that old you?  Not age as well, or maturity and life's misc. compromises?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 08:13:13 am »
Is HIV what separates you from that old you?  Not age as well, or maturity and life's misc. compromises?

Thats a good question.  For me, I would not say that HIV is what separates my old self from the person I am today.  I would say its age, and yes the maturity that came with aging.  One cant help but see the date of diagnosis as a milestone (is that the correct word?) we use as a before and after point. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:15:39 am by hope_for_a_cure »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 10:35:17 am »

[/img]

Wow Teddy, seroconversion must of been rough.  You look a lot older in the pic above.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 10:59:10 am »
Is HIV what separates you from that old you?
actually my life has been very nearly dichotomous since I'm coming up on 49 in about a month

for nearly the first half (21 yrs), I was very Baptist and very religious
for nearly the first half (22 yrs), I didn't have sex and had not considered myself a homosexual
for nearly the first half (24 yrs), I lived in the South (in NC)
for nearly the first half (24 yrs), I was HIV negative

for the latter half, I have been agnostic and very non-religious
for the latter half, I have definitely been out and proud, and very sexual
for the latter half, I lived in the North (in Ohio)
for the latter half, I have been HIV+, and most of that time (18 yrs) with an AIDS diagnosis

without counting HIV into the equation, the differences between being non-sexual and homosexual, and between living in the North rather than the South have been major factors in the young Michael and the older Michael. But the HIV status of being positive almost half my life now (and the deaths of my two partners) has definitely made the older Michael a totally different person from the younger Michael.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 11:07:58 am »
I have not changed much visibly since my diagnosis.  I'll put up a few pictures of before and after, maybe I'll throw in a very old one just for fun.

This first one was from before my HIV infection.

This one is recent from my birthday in January when I turned 35...I treated myself to a new haircut.

This one is from when I was 21, hanging out with my mom and sister.  I'm in the middle, holding the cream soda and ciggys.

I'm not going to leave these up forever so everyone should get their eyefull now.

Love from Hippie  :-*

(I removed my photos...sad, I know but I was feeling uncomfortable.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:07:53 am by HippieLady »
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 11:26:25 am »
Wow Teddy, seroconversion must of been rough.  You look a lot older in the pic above.
poor, poor Teddy ROFLMAO  :D that was a great one Skee!

This one is recent from my birthday in January when I turned 35...I treated myself to a new haircut.
was that just last month?! I do like the new shorter do, and you really haven't changed much at all over the last decade or so. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 11:28:26 am »

Very nice pics HippieLady, you look so happy.

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 11:38:08 am »
was that just last month?! I do like the new shorter do, and you really haven't changed much at all over the last decade or so. ;)

The second one was from last month.  The first one was from halloween of '07 and the last one was from summer on '97.  I have only really changed slightly since my 20's.

Very nice pics HippieLady, you look so happy.

Thanks skeebs.  I'm generally an upbeat person.
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 12:00:16 pm »
Hmmm, if I were straight......
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:56:54 pm by woodshere »
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 12:08:50 pm »

Woodsie, I think HippieLady alluded that she may want to remove the pics at some point.  To help her out you might want to edit your post to remove the picture.

Offline Denver Toad

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 12:16:29 pm »
Can't delete, Picasa isn't loading for me.... any idea why?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:18:25 pm by Denver Toad »
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 05:42:57 pm »
I have not changed much visibly since my diagnosis.  I'll put up a few pictures of before and after, maybe I'll throw in a very old one just for fun.
Love from Hippie  :-*

You look Marv-a-las Daw-lin ! 

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 06:08:53 pm »
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 08:24:21 pm »
Aged 16, post exams

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=377331&id=850200542&l=992ecd3aba

- matt

Holy crap. We have a winner! Hold your calls.

But you all are beautiful :)

-Will

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 02:58:52 am »
poor, poor Teddy ROFLMAO  :D that was a great one Skee!

I did not have sex with that..woman.  I did, however, have sex with that guy over there. 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 03:42:20 am »
This is a picture of me addressing the Rural and Provincial Conference of the Australian Labor Party in 2002. The conference was held in a small town in southern NSW called Cooma. I had been diagnosed about 4 months previously:

Such a magnificent prison pussy!

I remember it vividly. The conservative catholic right of the Labor Party had attempted to amend the Party's health care policy to severely curtail harm minimisation programmes such as needle exchanges, require the compulsory registration of drug addicts and HIV sufferers and prohibit the "promotion of homosexuality" in schools.

In that pictar I am shown speaking to my amendment which not only called on Conference to reject the catholic amendments but strengthened key aspects of the original policy.

When my amendment was put to the vote it passed with 375 ayes to 18 noes and the catholics had to suck it up.

Stupid boy buggering, ring kissing, Mary worshippers.

Also I was incredibly hungover, not that you can tell. :)

MtD

Offline wolfter

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2011, 06:10:19 am »
MTD, I'm glad you explained the hangover.  Now I don't have to comment about the evil expression.

I tried to find a pic of me before I knew I was gay, but our house burnt to ground when I was in gradeschool so there aren't any.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 06:20:50 am »
I dunno --- you all look cute before - and of course you are young in those pics so. 

It did for a long time.  The old me didn't watch all my beloved friends dyiing and KNOWING that I was next.  The old me was optimistic about the future, then I wasnt', now I am again.

The old me used to spend way too much time on my hair but not the new me...oops...that one has nothing to do with HIV.  That one was my punishment for exteme vanity.

Thanks for question though, I spent the evening thinking about it last night.

Greg

Offline fearless

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 06:38:02 am »
what a coincidence. I hadn't seen this thread but was doing some cleaning up today and stumbled across some old photos from the early to mid 90's. I spent half the day reminiscing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58898262@N08/5420295078/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58898262@N08/5420295116/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58898262@N08/5420295146/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58898262@N08/5420295198/in/photostream/

edited. scratches head. can't figure out why i can't see my new avatar or the flickr images i uploaded/linked to
edited again to include hyperlink
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:58:39 pm by fearless »
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 07:34:41 am »
I lost lovers to AIDS.  I was negative. 

All these events and changes seems like a continuum of life, to me.  I teach college kids all day so I am reminded of the difference between 20 and 50 for so many things.  I miss some things about 20 - the spirit of boldness and the physical force that never, ever failed.  I can see plain as day the trajectory from that me to me now.

When I think about those years, that trajectory, it makes me feel old heavy and tired out -- so I try to compensate by living in the day and valuing the benefits of maturity.  Sometimes this cocktail shakes up smoothly and drinks pleasantly, other times, not.   Oh well.

Its good that the optimism about the future returned for many of you.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 08:00:55 am »
wolfter - Great thread here!  Its great to see the pictures of the forum members who have participated and I hope others will put theirs up as well.

Matty - you look almost exactly like a buddy of mine from college.  You may have a long lost twin somewhere in Charleston. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 08:11:49 am »
wolfter - Great thread here!  Its great to see the pictures of the forum members who have participated and I hope others will put theirs up as well.

Matty - you look almost exactly like a buddy of mine from college.  You may have a long lost twin somewhere in Charleston. 

You from SC or WVA?  I'm from just outsdie Charleston WVA.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 08:19:20 am »
SC.  I have been through your Chuck-town once.  That was on Amtrak between DC and Chicago.  I have always wanted to check it out though. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 08:36:18 am »

edited. scratches head. can't figure out why i can't see my new avatar or the flickr images i uploaded/linked to

I can't figure it out either, Steve. I checked in your profile to see if you've entered the URL correctly and you have. The only thing I can think is maybe you have the highest privacy setting on your flicker account. ???
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 09:52:40 am »
II checked in your profile to see if you've entered the URL correctly and you have.
Flicker photos can't be individually posted here from what I'm reading over in their help section. They only allow you to embed HTML or link to the page with your photo embedded in it.
"Send individual photos to people, either as attachments to an email or as a link to a Flickr page"
http://www.flickr.com/help/sharing/?search=sharing+a+photo#2182

here's the link to the photostream of fearless
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58898262@N08/5417765321/in/photostream/
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 10:01:20 am »

Mikie - such an innocent young man in this pic and in your avatar! 

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 10:10:24 am »
I have been through your Chuck-town once
After my first visit/vacation to Ohio (before we moved up there) Randy and I got incredibly drunk at some gay bar in downtown Charleston (July 1985). Afterwards we drove the night on the turnpike and OLD highway twisting through the W VA mtns (before I-77 was completed that was a god-awful, miserable experience driving between here and there!) headed back down to Charlotte. What a night that was! Round and round all those curves, and every couple miles, we stopped. Randy would go to the back of the car and puke; and I would go to the front of the car and take a whizz. Somehow by the time we finally hit the last toll booth, Randy was passed out in the backseat and I had stripped down to the nothing but my jockstrap. The lady at the toll booth was very surprised to say the least. Hell I was surprised too. ROFLMAO

such an innocent young man in this pic and in your avatar! 
I really WAS innocent in the avatar back in the early 80s while I was at the Christian/Baptist college. Heck I didn't drink, try drugs, or even have sex until I was 21! But in the late 80s in that picture, boy howdy! Innocent, I was not. Experienced is the more appropriate word. LOL The after-the-bar party usually ended up at our house, with broken coffee tables, booze spilling onto the floor and a lot of sex. Ahhh, good times LOL ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 10:39:00 am »

I have got to figure out how to hook this scanner up to my new computer.  I have some really awesome pictures of myself taken minutes before a crack run back in 87.  I'm 18 in one of the pictures and look like I'm about 30 years old.  Then I have pictures taken in 91, at about 2 years clean, posing after working out at the gym.  The difference is like night and day. 

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 12:28:56 pm »

I have got to figure out how to hook this scanner up to my new computer.  I have some really awesome pictures of myself taken minutes before a crack run back in 87.  I'm 18 in one of the pictures and look like I'm about 30 years old.  Then I have pictures taken in 91, at about 2 years clean, posing after working out at the gym.  The difference is like night and day.  

I just want to forget ANYTHING about the 80s & 90s, those weren't very happy years for me, I lost way too many wonderful people, too many to even speak of, and now I get to live as an old geezer, can't blame me for NOT wanting to remember so much pain & loss   ???
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:32:58 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 12:51:50 pm »
My post timed out last time I was trying to post so gonna try again =)

This picture is me 27 years old the day after being diagnosed (Xmas 2009)

and this picture is me at 23 about a month-3 months prior to infection.

April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 01:01:39 pm »
This picture is me 27 years old the day after being diagnosed (Xmas 2009)
what is the deal with so many of us being dx'ed around Christmastime? ::) I read that from a ton of people here and I've met a ton at my ASO who got the news around Xmas too. Definitely not the best present under the tree for any of us. You don't look any too happy with Santa. LOL

computertutor note:
just before you post, if you've taken more than a minute or two to write, click in the textbox, hit ctrl-a, then ctrl-c. That'll "select all" and then "copy". Then if you timeout (as I do allllll the time it seems), all you have to do is click in the textbox, hit ctrl-v (to "paste") and pop what you wrote right back in and submit again.

or write your post offline in a text editor first, and copy-n-paste into the textbox and submit.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 02:06:14 pm »

I don't know why my scanner is so crappy?  Or maybe I'm not holding my finger correctly or something.  This was probably the happiest I ever was in my life.  Me and honey had just started dating.  Bill's the tall one of course.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:09:39 pm by wolfter »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 02:43:02 pm »

March 1964, sixteen months old, being held by my (then) fifteen year old brother George.

Halloween 1976 - nearly fourteen. I'm the one with the glasses.

Sweet sixteen! 1978

November 9th 1984 - my wedding day (best man in background). Had just turned 22 on November 4th.

Giving flying lessons, summer 1987. I was 24, daughter was three or four months.

Christmas 1989. I was 27, daughter was two and a half.

In Amsterdam, 2003, six years post-infection two years post-diagnosis.

Five minutes ago. Age 48, nearly fourteen years post infection (in April/May), will be ten years post diagnosis on the 22nd of this month.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wolfter

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2011, 03:00:53 pm »
Sweet Ann, that sweet 16 photo might cause me to question myself.  I found that kinda HOT.  Awesome pics.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2011, 03:01:15 pm »
Honestly, there are some attractive people on this forum!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2011, 03:08:28 pm »

Dayum Ann!!  I like the hair to the side allowing exposure of the neck area...  SHIT, now I am going to start getting turned on when you give me those warnings.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2011, 04:07:55 pm »
Sweet Ann, that sweet 16 photo might cause me to question myself.  I found that kinda HOT.  Awesome pics.

And you're just the type of guy looks-wise I have always gone for. :)

SHIT, now I am going to start getting turned on when you give me those warnings.

I hear getting spanked has that effect on some people.

Here's a couple pics of my bf...

In Sudan, 1993, around three or four years before infection. 32 years old.

August 2009 in Thailand, around twelve to thirteen years after infection. 49 years old.

edited to add ages
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:24:54 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2011, 05:18:32 pm »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.