Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:54:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 237
Total: 238

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Big changes in the air. Wish me luck.  (Read 17386 times)

Offline Cliff

Big changes in the air. Wish me luck.
« on: August 30, 2006, 05:09:30 pm »
I've decided to quit my job.  I don't know what I'll do or where I'll land, but I'm hoping things will be okay for me.  It's time for me to go.  Well it's been time, but somehow I just stayed around getting more and more comfortable with the no-change, no-risk taking in my life.

So I'm dusting off the old resume tonight, (and since I've been working with the same firm since I was in college...as an intern 10 years ago), it's very dusty and dated.  I probably should also start calling it a CV.

I think technically I should be (will be perhaps) deported (since my Visa is tied to my job).  But we'll see.  I'm scared (very), sad (somewhat) and nervous (incredibly).  But I'm hopeful things will work out.

???  :-\   :'(   :D

Offline Jody

Re: Big changes in the air. Wish me luck.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 05:34:50 pm »
Dear Cliff...It's been said that the only constant in life is change...I'm certain you will do well whatever you choose as you are a bright, personable and decent young man...And with your beloved, sweet Will still here in the states it may be good to come home and settle down here again and travel less.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 05:41:51 pm »
What about your health insurance? Good Luck.  I never had the balls to quit unless I had something else working. To be young again..

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 05:50:31 pm »
Hey, Cliff!
If the English start giving you a hard time, hop on a plane and come over to Paris!  Hope, though, that things will work out for you just as you want it to.

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 06:11:53 pm »
Cliff, you know that you can do whatever you set your mind to do. I'm sure if you want to come back to the great state of Texas they'll have you. If not, come to Ohio, just leave the sheep alone.. :D

Offline Cliff

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 06:56:31 pm »
Thanks guys!  I just finished my resume and sent it off to a couple of head-hunters.  My friends have been really supportive (agreeing to be references, sending me sample resumes, and of course words of encouragement).  It will work-out somehow.  I'm more calm now.

And like you said Rod, there's always Texas.

Fingers are crossed (well they already were for Jan's twins, so I'll just cross them harder).

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 06:58:48 pm »
Best of British Cliffie!

MtD

Offline Christine

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 07:11:40 pm »
Wow! That is a big change! I'm guessing you have a plan for your health benefits, and a little savings. I'm a little nervous for you. But excited at the future!

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Just John

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 07:19:02 pm »
Hi Cliff.
I really don't think you should worry too much about the deportation after all this time, I should think that you'd be able to stay if you really wanted. Anyhow I wish you the best of British luck.

Take care, John.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 07:20:00 pm »
Hey Buddy

"Big" changes indeed. 

Assuming this decision isn't a reaction to something that has upset you at work, then I say "go for it".

There isn't a doubt in my mind that you can achieve whatever personal goals you set your mind to.  If this decision is the first step in a well thought out plan to make changes and achieve different goals--I'm behind you 1000%.

I guess the first question though, that comes to my mind, is:  Why?

I also assume you aren't talking about quitting before you have another job lined up.  >:(

Change in and of itself can be frightening, but that should never deter us from making it.  Especially if the possible outcome is something we truly desire.   

Do we want less travel?
A greater sense of recognition?
More challenge?
More fulfilment?
(Just for the record, salary is rarely the reason someone elects to make a job change.  There are numerous studies out that document that fact.  Those studies almost always identify the #1 reason as being a sense of fulfillment.)

The list can go on and on.  The most important thing is to make sure we have honestly looked at the situation and understand what it is we want. 

RAB

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 07:56:54 pm »
Hi Cliff

We talked a little about this in Montreal and you wern't sure how things would go, based on what we talked about I think you have made the right decision, I agree with Rocky, you have to be happy with what you are doing, l wish you all the love and luck in the world.

If the pommies won't let you stay there is always NZ... :D

Hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Robert

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 01:04:30 am »
I have love in my heart for you kiddo.  You're smart, talented, tall, dark and handsome, witty and engaging.  With all that going for you, following your passions, with Will by your side, is a dream come true.  I'm not saying it's going to be easy.  Nothing is easy.  But it is the right thing to do.  Congraulations!!

robert

ps....it's the unexpected that can make life so great.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 01:53:47 am by Robert »

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 07:32:31 am »
Hey Cliff,

I went through the same emotional conflict some time back, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, so to speak.  Things will work out for you, and I wish you the best of luck.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 08:07:31 am »
Hello Cliff,

Wishing you the best ! I think whatever you next job is you will do just fine !

Good Luck-----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 11:20:33 am »
Cliff,
All I can say is follow your heart. I know you will land on your feet, probably doing something that fulfills you and offers you the future you want.

If you do come back to the states, and you don't want Texas, swing through the Lone Star State, pick up your sweetie (who, by the way, is really nice and quite handsome) and head to the great Southwest.

Whatever you decide, whatever you do, I will stand with you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 10:16:43 pm »
Hey Cliff,

I wish you the VERY best in whatever you do.  You're a fantastic person.  I totally enjoyed talking with you and getting to know you, especially in the van to Quebec City.

Good luck with whatever you decide.  I'm sure you'll enjoy many great opportunities.

Hugs, love ya,

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 07:36:40 am »
Hey Cliff...

I share the optimism of the group in thinking you will be fine.  I have no doubt it is a little 'SCARY".
 I wish you good luck and God speed....in whatever you end up doing.  I too believe its important to
enjoy what we do in life...whether it be work or whatever.  Life is too short to do otherwise. 
You have a great personality and a wonderful sense of humor which I believe will serve you well.

Best of Luck ole Chap

In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline fearless

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 08:25:23 am »
Cliff,

As a Cancerian who has worked for the same organisation for the last 16 years I think I am allowed this one indulgence: "What the f... are you thinking?" ;D

Good luck, I'm sure with your skills you'll have no trouble finding a more fulfilling career path, if not, there's always bhp/billiton.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Cliff

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 12:11:29 pm »
Thanks guys!!!!   ;D  It's hard work looking for a job (especially when you're illegal, well almost).  I feel like I'm working harder at finding a job, than I did when I had one.  I've met several headhunters so far and they were all nice and seem to be doing their best to find me suitable employment.  Though they have all expressed concern about my visa situation, so this weekend my task is to start working on an application for a new type of visa.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 01:33:24 am »
Cliff,
I wish you luck, but I suspect you won't need but a smidge of it---you've got everything it takes to land whatever you want, wherever you want to be. You put your CV together in remarkably short order--therefore, if all else fails, you could write resumes or work a grille. Yep, I'm only kiddin'.
Em

Offline gaz41

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 03:37:41 am »
all the best Cliff, sure you´ll find something to suit your talents

maybe we´ll get the chance to meet

Garry

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 09:42:04 am »
seems Cliff you've got the bull by the horns  - best of luck to you- seems you're making all the right moves   ;D

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 10:39:10 am »
It´s time for new opportunities  ;)
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 01:41:42 pm »

trust your instincts sweety. good luck

Offline Cliff

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 03:31:34 pm »
An update...

I completed my new Visa application and mailed it off this morning.  I just drafted my resignation letter and will turn it in tomorrow.  I would hand it in personally but I'm being sent to Birmingham (UK) tomorrow for 3 days, (I just found out today).  Yet more confirmation that it's time to go.  So I'll print the letter off, sign it, scan it and then email it to HR.  My last day will be next friday.

I have an interview on Friday with an American publishing company based 40 minutes outside London.  The location is not ideal, but it's something.

I'm feeling a little better.  I haven't had much of an appetite this past week and well my stools have been very soft and quite yellow (sorry for the lurid details)...it's my nerves getting to me.  I went to the doctor today and my blood pressure was off the chart (even though I am on BP medicine), so he upped my dosage and added a new pill.  I know I'm putting my body, nerves and pressure through hell right now, but they will thank me for it in the long-run.  There's more to life than work and money.

Cliff

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2006, 04:15:12 pm »
Good that you're having your blood pressure and other stuff monitored, Cliff.

Having made your decision, just go with it wholeheartedly. Focus is one of the biggies in getting what you want.

Things may evolve differently than you expect. You're on an adventure.....which means twists and turns.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 05:22:53 pm »
Your right Cliff theres definately more to life than work and money they are quite far down my list as it happens!  I've been unhappy in a job before and it starts to effect other aspects of your life when I made the move it was less money but I certainly didnt regret it.  Good luck in Birmingham, it's erm interesting!
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2006, 05:43:15 pm »
Cliff, I think you have made the right decision.   You KNOW I am going to always advise you to go with your heart.  (with a little dash of brains thrown in for good measure!)

I admire your bravery, and wish you the best of luck.   You are a wonderful guy, and you deserve to have a wonderful life, and be happy in ALL that you do.

Love & hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Cliff

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 01:31:00 pm »
Well today was my last day at work.  8 years came to an abrupt end.  I turned in my laptop and mobile phone (completely forgot it was theirs).  I handed over my Amex card.  My ATT calling card.  Keys to my office.  They are pretty thourough.  I then came home and called Will.  He bitched me out for quitting without a job lined up.  He then pulled a George Castanza's mom ("She's not Chinese, well then that changes EVERYTHING.")  I told him that I was interviewing for permanent positions in the UK, he was taken aback and thought I was just here for a couple of years and would come back to the US.  So now he needs to consider whether or not he too wants to immigrate to the UK on an indefinite basis. 

Oh and they gave me an invoice for $20,000 to repay all my transfer/expat costs as noted in my employment contract.  But being the nice folks that they are  ::) , they will still pay me my annual bonus on Friday.

When it rains...

BUT all told...I'm still happy I finally made the move.  Not well thought out and I should have probably just quit in NYC.  But oh well.  Plus Orange gave me a free mobile (albeit with a 12 month contract), so I'm back up and running again.

Offline Lis

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 01:44:25 pm »
Best of luck to you Cliff.... I know it will all work out the way its supposed to..

love,

lisbeth
poz 1986....

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 05:27:35 pm »
Bugger, I could have swore I posted this before...I tell you, I'm losing the plot!

What I wanted to say was:

Bravo you!
I think if we always wait until we have something else lined up, we could find ourselves waiting forever.
You've already entered the next chapter...good on you, Cliff!

Kali tihi! (Greek for 'good luck')

Melia :)

/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 05:42:45 pm »
Good luck, n good luck with B'ham....Home Counties can be nice but can be, er, not...the real England though :D jus stay away from the clubs.

- matt

Now playing: Bob Marley, Redempton Song
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 06:22:46 pm »
Best of luck with the job hunting Cliffie!

MtD

Offline Robert

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 06:29:18 pm »
Oh cliff.....

I've got butterflies in my stomach......But I know you're doing the right thing....

you and Will are in my thoughts, in a good, good way...mister real good way.

love robert

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 09:27:42 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:04:04 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 02:35:39 am »
Best of luck to you Cliff.  When it's time to go...well, you just KNOW it's time to go.

Keeping fingers crossed for your interview....i'm sure you'll just charm the pants right off them.  ;)

Take care,
John

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 09:19:33 am »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 10:22:10 pm by emeraldize »

Offline David_CA

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2006, 09:45:10 am »
Wow, somehow I missed this post.  I can imagine the stress.  That kind of stress really is hell on ones body.  I'm wishing you the best luck, but you seem like the kind of person who doesn't really need luck; you'll do fine.  Keep us informed about your new successes.  Take care.

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Cliff

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2006, 09:41:59 am »
 ;D  I got a call from a headhunter and one of the companies I completed my third interview >:(  with wants to extend an offer.  I don't think I'll end up accepting it, but it's good to know I have something on the backburner. 

Tomorrow I meet with British Petroleum and Wednesday I have my second round of interviews with British Airways (my top pick).  Hopefully if all goes well I'll have a signed contract by the end of this week, then I'm off for Houston to visit family/friends.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2006, 10:21:58 am »
You Go baby boy !!
I'm hoping the airline extends you a handsome contract. :)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Dan J.

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2006, 02:25:20 pm »
Good luck Cliff!

Love Ya!

Dan J.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2006, 06:43:38 am »
Hey Cliff.......

Good Luck, Good Buddy.  Hope all goes well.  Travel safely and keep in touch!
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline ozjen

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2006, 07:12:53 am »
Oh Cliff, this is great news. What company in the world could resist your obviously brilliant talents?
I'll have everything crossed for you, that you get your first choice.
America's loss, U.K's gain mate.
Hey, I love the avatar! We did have a lot of fun eh!
love ya darl'n
Jen  xxxxxxxx

Offline carousel

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2006, 07:48:15 am »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:46:44 pm by carousel »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2006, 07:53:01 am »
Hey Cliff....

Eagerly awaiting an update..... so I can uncross my fingers already! It's been really difficult to type lately. :D

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2006, 10:24:34 am »
Hey Cliff....

Eagerly awaiting an update..... so I can uncross my fingers already! It's been really difficult to type lately. :D

Ann

Yeah, what she said! 

RAB

Offline Cliff

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2006, 02:19:57 pm »
Hi everyone, great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA is going to extend an offer (I just found out a few minutes ago).  I'm running late to meet a friend for dinner, so I'll have to update you later.  But I really do appreciate your thoughts and support.  It means a lot.  Things have worked out, as you all said it would.

To be honest, I was really down today.  BA requires folks applying for certain jobs to take a battery of tests and assessments (3 hours long).  I thought I had bombed most of the tests.  I then had to meet up with a few folks from the company and it was tough getting through those interviews when I was under the impression I had flunked the exams.  But I was wrong and now I feel so much better (my insecurities can do a number on my mental outlook).

Hi Jen!  The first company was McGraw-Hill (they publish BusinessWeek and Platts, and own Standard & Poors, the debt rating agency).  A great company with good folks....plus they are headquartered in NYC so it would have been a good opportunity to move back to NYC if I wanted to.  But I love the airline industry (probably a close second to my love of the oil business....lol).  Speaking of which, my interview with British Petroleum went well and they want to meet again tomorrow morning.  I'm trying to stay focused on getting through this interview, even though I am going to go with BA.

Thanks everyone!

Offline Robert

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2006, 04:13:32 pm »
Cliff.

this is such great news~  congratulations~!!!.  I'm not surprised.  They're very lucky to get you.

by the way, this means you get free tickets for you and your family, right?  Don't forget your family here at AM! :-*

robert

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2006, 06:31:50 pm »
Hi everyone, great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA is going to extend an offer (I just found out a few minutes ago).  I'm running late to meet a friend for dinner, so I'll have to update you later.  But I really do appreciate your thoughts and support.  It means a lot.  Things have worked out, as you all said it would.

Hi Jen!  The first company was McGraw-Hill (they publish BusinessWeek and Platts, and own Standard & Poors, the debt rating agency).  A great company with good folks....plus they are headquartered in NYC so it would have been a good opportunity to move back to NYC if I wanted to.  But I love the airline industry (probably a close second to my love of the oil business....lol).  Speaking of which, my interview with British Petroleum went well and they want to meet again tomorrow morning.  I'm trying to stay focused on getting through this interview, even though I am going to go with BA.

Thanks everyone!

Cliff

You interview with 3 companies and will likely get three offers (2 for sure already)?  WOW, I am so proud of you!

Congrats on the offer from BA, hopefully you'll get everything you want.  (Ask em to name a plane after you--he he he  :D)

RAB

Offline fearless

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2006, 09:04:30 pm »
I bags first buddy travel, Cliff  ;D
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.