Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:57:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 235
Total: 235

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: So how was Salem?  (Read 6088 times)

Offline Snowangel

So how was Salem?
« on: August 12, 2009, 09:51:36 am »
Did you guys enjoy the Salem tour?  I hadn't been there since I was little but I remember it being interesting.
Did anyone get scared on the ghost tour?  :D
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: So how was Salem?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:07:26 am »
Salem was fantastic! I

I didn't go on the ghost tour but went on the daytime witch tour and am so glad I did. The tour guide (a practicing witch) was awesome, he made it very interesting and enjoyable, I learned so much. Salem is such a beautiful little city.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 09:30:41 pm »
Snow, Salem was wonderful!  Of course you being there would've made it even better.  Hopefully you can come and stay the entire time at AMG 2010!  You are such a joy and a delight.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Longislander

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 12:02:26 am »
Hey Snow, sorry I didn't get to meet you. You were gone before I arrived on Saturday. Salem was pretty cool, tour guide was entertaining, and the group was very well behaved!

Prior to the tour I had a nice walk and pleasant conversation with the incredibly nice Nick (pozniceguy).

Hope to meet you next year.

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 12:49:05 am »
hi snow.

it's me, robert.  I know we didn't say more than 2 words but that's not because I didn't try. (I think when I was headed off in your direction, I got waylaid by Oscar and before I knew it he had pulled pictures out of his wallet and I was getting a family history ;D).

I just want to add my 2 cents worth.  I'm just glad you showe up.

robert

Offline Jody

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 06:26:15 pm »
Hi Snow...It was very nice to meet you, we only really had a chance to speak at Fritz for brunch.  This is a great group of folks and very supportive, in the most unselfish and non-judgemental way.

Salem was lots of fun, the day tour was mostly about those labeled witches, both men and women, who were merely different from the largely miserable and dour Puritan populace and were often found guilty in rigged trials where powerful (and power hungry) judges greatly influenced the juries often by sending them back to come to a "reasonable" decision, of course the verdict the judge desired.  We toured the cemetaries these poor victims were often hanged in or some other awful death.  This would often be attended by mobs of men, women and children and be a real circus with evertything but cotton candy.  Often these folks were often just different fron the majority, usually colorful and happy, God forbid ;).  Later in this year of lunacy and hysteria, 1692 they admitted they were wrong but the major prisons would hold the victims until they could pay room and board !!!

The evening tour was about ghosts, orbs, apparations and other things many folks believe in, that the suffering souls are all about us, especially in certain places that are cold or where objects move, haunting us or just hanging out.  It was a bit hokey but the practicing witch, Tom, who happened to be male -don't call him a warlock - he is a witch - was a wondeful tour guide, passionate, smart and a great speaker was wonderfully knowledgeable and believeable.

It was great fun, and very educational about the early history of our nation and the hysteria and violence surrounding it.  And, as always the people there may it even more fun.

Jody  :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:34:44 pm by Jody »
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 11:56:38 pm »
Hi Snow
Salem was a blast, the young man we had for the Witch tour and the Ghost tour was a great story teller, he made it all worth while.

glad to hear you got home OK.

Hugs
Jan :-* :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 12:03:18 am »
Sounds like everyone had a great time, I wish I could have joined you all.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.