Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:10:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 342
Total: 342

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Had a break down. Now have ZERO CD4 and 3%  (Read 33405 times)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Had a break down. Now have ZERO CD4 and 3%
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2012, 06:11:11 pm »
I'm very glad you're in care. Hang in there and it'll get better. ;) As soon as they start pumping some hiv meds into you too, a lot will change. Best wishes for a good recovery.

As this page is confidential,
um, no it's not. It's searched by google and a very public website. ;) (you might want to edit your last post some if you think people can put 2 and 2 together.)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline rigger82

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2012, 06:18:47 pm »
At Maccha.

My mum always told me "think sick, be sick" so I'm an upbeat guy. My first posts were written in panic. I laughed loads with the nurses and the boyf today, wow it hurt, but was worth it!

Offline rigger82

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2012, 06:22:43 pm »
I'm very glad you're in care. Hang in there and it'll get better. ;) As soon as they start pumping some hiv meds into you too, a lot will change. Best wishes for a good recovery.
um, no it's not. It's searched by google and a very public website. ;) (you might want to edit your last post some if you think people can put 2 and 2 together.)

No one knows which hosp I'm in and thankfully I have a common/popular name; Gary. If I was a Cecil or a rupert I might be rumbled.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2012, 07:20:22 pm »

I have some infections they don't know what they are, so are going to grow them (?) in blood I give tomorrow.

That's called doing a culture and is normal procedure when they're not sure what pathogen they're dealing with. It's usually bacterial infections they have to do this with. Once they know exactly what they're dealing with, they can prescribe the appropriate meds.

As this page is confidential...

I don't know where you got the idea that these forums are confidential - any member of the public with internet access can read what you write. Only members can respond, but anyone can read.

You might want to edit your post a bit if you're not comfortable with anyone being able to read about the sex thing. You have 48 hours in which to do so before the edit button becomes locked. (Only admin and mods can modify posts after the time-limit is up.)

I hope they get you sorted out soon and you start feeling better ASAP. Hang in there, and thanks for the update. Please keep them coming!

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2012, 10:04:30 pm »

Hey there Rigger, I'm a tad late to the conversation but just wanted to wish you a hearty Get Well. Glad you are being looked after.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2012, 11:09:13 pm »
No one is mentioning sex with the doc???  Wow!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2012, 12:15:03 am »
No one is mentioning sex with the doc???  Wow!

It's been mentioned by two of us in a round-about way, in case Gary wants to edit his posts later. :o Do you actually read people's responses?

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2012, 12:42:13 am »
It's been mentioned by two of us in a round-about way, in case Gary wants to edit his posts later. :o Do you actually read people's responses?

I saw the responses about this site not being confidential.  I guess I was just surprised no responses about a doc having sex at every visit with a patient, while other patients were waiting to be seen.  He should have been spending his time talking about care and adherence.  This just seems like a huge conflict to me, and this is the same doc still treating him.  I would wonder whether this doc has his patients' best interests at heart.  If this wasn't the same doc treating him now, then I would see why mention it now, since Gary is sick in the hospital.  But, it appears this is the same doc.  And, I would be concerned whether this doc is on his game.   

Offline britchick

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2012, 05:16:14 am »
rigger82

Sorry that you are going through so much right now.Sounds like you are going to get the best care.

Britchick x

Offline rigger82

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2012, 06:11:05 pm »
Hi guys.

I'm still in isolation. Still in whole body pain and feel bbq'd. So hot.

I was told it was pneumonia. Then they did scans and said I wasn't really improving. I knew I definitely wasn't feeling better. Walking or standing becoming harder and harder.

A new scan came through today (another iodine one) and they've seen white spots on my lungs and said its early pcp. Jeez. What a trip. I thought it was odd I just wasn't getting better, just felt safer.

Now I'm on some evil antibiotic that's made look pregnant and belly cramps. Pills and IV. AND STILL NO IDEA ON 3 oi's that are running about.

Seems awfully glib to say, but I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I expect good news every day from the team. It's got a little crappier every day.

And I'm bored. I know I have serious prob but boredom is rotten.

I nearly bought 50 shades of grey today on the shop trolley. It's that bad. Lol.

I think I get the lung camera in the morning. Yay.

Thanks for letting me have a moan. I know I'll be fine but can't pretend getting better is a barrel of laughs. I do have candida in the shape of a smiley face on the inside of cheek though. Serious. :0)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2012, 10:45:16 pm »
I do have candida in the shape of a smiley face on the inside of cheek though. Serious. :0)

That's cute  ;) I guess if you are gonna have Candida it's nice to have it in a smiley face.

hang in there.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2012, 07:09:00 pm »
Hey G,...

Thanks for keeping us updated. A lot of people here, are concerned, and wish you a speedy recovery.

Take care of yourself, and continue keeping us updated when possible---Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline St Ives

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2012, 10:00:07 pm »
You're having a really shitty time and my heart goes out to you.
Just remember that there's a lot of people who are in your corner, you're not alone.
Be strong.
Nov 2011 cd4,12.vl750k - 138lbs      atripla
Feb 2013 cd4,78.(3%) vl<40  - 160lbs    atripla
May 2014 cd4, 127 (6%) vl<40 -157lbs     atripla

Offline rigger82

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2012, 06:15:03 am »
All of you guys' support is great.

Got a new pill/ med prescribed. Can't remember the names except on is Ritonovir.

The other one is half blue half red.

Just returned from bronchoscopy. I can't be sedated. I had 12.5 mg of medazolam and nothing happened. Totally awake and aware. Quite an uncomfortable experience. But I got to see the white spots they wanna zap with antibiotics. They looked like cotton wool.

I'm on SO many antibiotics a day, like 12, I don't know they don't just give me a nebuliser of pentamadine.

Not allowed to eat for 2 hours but it's been 14 since I last did.

Been trying to watch pride and prejudice the last few nights, I'm asleep in 15 mins. Maybe I'll try that and when I wake up I can eat like a pig.

I may not have been put out by the medazolam but I feel mighty fine! I don't even care about that whole body pain

Thanks you guys. They want me in to aw what the new meds do so I guess about another 4 days.

Out of interest, what would this cost in the states if you didn't have health insurance? I keep wondering what the deal is with that.

Gary

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2012, 06:32:10 am »

Got a new pill/ med prescribed. Can't remember the names except on is Ritonovir.

The other one is half blue half red.

The blue/red one is atazanavir (brand name Reyataz) and the ritonavir (brand name Norvir) is a booster for the atazanavir.

You should also be taking two more meds. They may be in one big blue pill called Truvada. Truvada is a combination of tenofovir + emtricitabine.

Alternatively, you may be on another two-med combo pill called Kivexa (aka Epzicom) - it's a big yellowish one. Kivexa is a combination of abacavir + lamivudine

You can see pictures of and read information about your new meds on our Treatments pages.

I'm hoping you start seeing some improvement soon. Hang in there!

Hugs
Ann
xxx
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:33:49 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline rigger82

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2012, 07:24:40 am »
Yup, Ann. You're right. Truvada is a 3rd pill. But I've always taken that with Kkaletra before. I'm allergic to live kivexa.

Apparently I did not build up resistance to truvada which is great.

One of the side effects of red blue pill is insomnia. I already suffer that and take zopiclone. I hope it doesn't keep me awake. They want me in for a few days to see what these meds do to me as when I have a reaction it's quick and quite bad, like what happened with kivexa.

Feel so much better apart from this weird whole body pain. But feel great apart fro
 Fatigue.

Amazing.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2012, 11:57:54 am »

Out of interest, what would this cost in the states if you didn't have health insurance? I keep wondering what the deal is with that.

Impossible to say really.  However, I had a minor surgery a couple years back.  After the surgery I got to spend a whole 2 hours in a hospital room.  I ordered room service and ate a hamburger.  Then went home.  The bill for just the hospital room (not counting the charges for the surgery and all that) was about $2000 (insurance covered it of course).

Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline rigger82

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2012, 04:47:13 pm »
@buginme2:

Wow. Stunned.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2012, 04:52:43 pm »
All of you guys' support is great.

I'm on SO many antibiotics a day, like 12, I don't know they don't just give me a nebuliser of pentamadine.

Gary

Yep, that's  a lot of pills!   But all these antibiotics/meds, can be specific for certain infections, or bacteria. You'll be able to cut some of them in due time.

One day at a time-----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Rhaegar

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2012, 10:14:51 pm »
Christ, what a nail-biting thread!  I was relieved when you posted from a taxi on the way to the hospital.  I hope you get the care you need and feel better soon, Gary!

-Kevin
05/19/2011: Diagnosed.  CD4 159   VL 284,000.
04/29/2013:  CD4 789,   VL <20

Offline onemoretime

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2012, 07:57:42 pm »
So glad things are moving in the right direction... u are not alone...were all with you....i know what you mean about being board.   keep us updated.. i hope you feel better soon.
08/04 diag 490 cd4 vl 50,000
10/25/05 436 50,513 hvb 1.1 billion
12/13/05 truvada sustiva
02/16/06 742 und, hpb 63,000
04/27/06 740 und hpb 60,000
01/05/07 458 und hvb und
03/08   470 undetectable still on atripla. Non smoking (chantex)
08/08 cd4 550 undetectable hiv, Hep B UND. Atripla
06/09  cd4 444, vl undetectable testo 130
09/09/09 CD4 687 46% UND  Testo 213 started androgel
10/12/09 cd4 682 46% und testo 597
01/12/10 cd4 842 48% und testo 434
041010 cd4 693  53% testo 492
100410 cd4 568 48% testo 523
012711 cd4 523 hcv 56 testo 596
083011 cd4 280 Hcv/HIV und
042912 cd4 158 hcv /hiv und, was on hep c for 11 months. do have ssdi filed and getting LTD
061912 cd4 151, bactrum, hep c and hiv und
071712 cd4 287 52% HIV HCV und
112012 cd4 520

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2012, 08:39:22 pm »
Hey Gary,...

Hope your feeling a little better today. Also hope this brings a little smile to your face!

I went out jogging this morning, and all these hotties started following me.  ;)

Wishing you the best !

[/img]

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2012, 12:47:52 am »
Rigger,

I was in the  hospital for 3 days, and had a bill of almost $20,000.  I didn't have near the problems you are having, but it could easily be $50,000 or so. Here in the states they charge for everything in the hospital, (even the little pink puke dishpan).

I was lucky and had most of my bill paid under medicaid.

Hope you feel better soon. 

Michelle  8)
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline Rockin

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2012, 02:02:58 pm »
Hey Rigger I'm glad youre being taken care of. Hopefully youll be a little better by the end of the week.

What about your psychosis? What is the doctor's plan to stop you from suffering from similar crisis again? Pretty please do not throw your meds out anymore ever again :)

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2012, 03:08:06 pm »
Hi Rigger. How are you now? Lots of us thinking about you.

Hugs
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline rigger82

« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2012, 06:06:17 pm »
Hey guys.

I'm still in hosp. Having over 20 pills a day. Sometimes more. They are really hurting my stomach.

Clindomycin (16)
Tramaquine? (4)
Metroclopromide (4)
Fluconazole (2)
Ritonavir (1)
Truvada (1)
Red/blue ARV (1)
Risperidone (1)
Valium (2)
Zopiclone (1)

Guess that makes more than 20. Feel like a chemical spill. Shrinks and docs all day. I was quite upbeat but had a cry today and don't know why.

Bit sick and tired of being sick and tired. It's kind of a mental struggle even though all you have to do is swallow pills.

Just a down day. The nurses said everybody gets them. So I sat in the chapel for about 3 hours. Had confession whilst here. Not even particularly religious. Plastic catholic. Xmas and Easter kinda guy. But when you're quite ill you turn to funny places.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2012, 06:11:13 pm »
It may not feel like it now but it does get better . I'm wishing you the best and hoping those better days come along soon for you .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2012, 01:22:00 am »

It's good to hear from you Gary.  Hang in there !  I've said it before I'll say it again, you have a lot of people here, that are supporting you, and wishing you a fast recovery.

Post when you can, we care about you !!

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Rockin

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2012, 10:24:44 am »
But Gary what are the doctors telling you? Any prognosis? Do they tell you how long they plan on keeping you in the hospital? Is there none so far?

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2012, 07:47:31 pm »
No doc is gonna offer a prognosis in this serious situation. They will have seen good and bad outcomes.

HIV care in London is the best in the world, and I have seen worse situations come good.

Good luck rigger, passage of time is a healer and the best guide to the future.

- mattt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline rigger82

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2012, 03:12:07 pm »
Hi Guys.

I'm home! Still have a massive regime of pills and feel pretty sluggish.

The PCP anti-biotics are a big regime and give you a sore belly etc.

Still tired and getting used to my ARVs but happy to be home.

I started ARVs on saturday and I now am the proud owner of 52 CD4.

My body hadn't become resistant to Truvada, which is what i took before, but % is still 3.

The clindamycin seems a bit excessive to me, but i'll take them all. PCP is no fun, quite scary and it hurts - along with all the funky tests they have to perform.

All in all I only spent 11-12 days in hosp. I stupidly did think i'd get a pill or an hour on a nebulisor and go home. Silly.

Even though i wasn't in my right mind (they've adjusted those meds now too) I would really strongly advise nobody to EVER just stop their meds. Way too much drama and hurt ................. and recovery.

Great support from you guys though, I really was gonna wait another 30 hours to see my doc at my appointment. Would've been a huge mistake.

Thanks to you guys for making me see how serious some symptoms can turn out to be, so quickly too.

Gary/Rigger

Offline buginme2

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2012, 03:14:24 pm »
Congratulations!! Be Well
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Common_ground

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2012, 03:29:00 pm »
Great news Gary! :)

Now stay onshore will ya :p
2011 May - Neg.
2012 June CD4:205, 16% VL:2676 Start Truvada/Stocrin
2012 July  CD4:234, 18% VL:88
2012 Sep  CD4:238, 17% VL:UD
2013 Feb  CD4:257, 24% VL:UD -viramune/truvada
2013 May CD4:276, 26% VL:UD

2015 CD4: 240 , 28% VL:UD - Triumeq
2015 March CD4: 350 VL: UD

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2012, 03:30:11 pm »

That's great news Gary !  Unless you have any dietary restrictions, with any of the medications that you are on, you might try some yogurt products. This may help to settle the stomach, plus it supplies the good bacteria needed, during antibiotic use.

Try to keep your nutrition up.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2012, 03:53:47 pm »
Very good

50 CD4s are a very good start back towards the safe level of 200.

Sleep well and restful dreams.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline rigger82

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2012, 04:19:18 pm »
My dreams have been ok, but sleep a little difficult.

Has anyone noticed PCP treatment of cindamycin(16 a day) and Primaquine makes you ratty and irritable or is that just me feeling generally a bit rough?

Offline britchick

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2012, 03:27:27 am »
 Hi rigger82!

Glad to hear that  you are back at home.... I had PCP too earlier this year......not great fun!Was given septrin and still on it.

Im crabbit anyway with or without the meds!!!!!!!!!!!

Rest up and those numbers will be  even better in no time.

Britchickx

Offline onemoretime

« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2012, 01:15:28 pm »
Hey Rigger!!

So glad you are home.  thank you for going to the hospital that day.  You really scared me if you were staying home another day.  I thought we would never see a post from you again.  I was so thrilled to see you post from the hospital and get great care.  I have thought about you for 2 weeks every day.  I have been exercising walking and light lifting on cybex machines and bike with back support as i have ruptured discs. eating a lot.  feeling generally feeling stronger.  got labs drawn Tuesday, hoping to see an improvement.  I know i am less anemic.  My cd4 was 151 last month.  VL und for 7 years but HCV treatment with Incivic kicked my but for a year and destroyed my CBC levels and CD4. 
08/04 diag 490 cd4 vl 50,000
10/25/05 436 50,513 hvb 1.1 billion
12/13/05 truvada sustiva
02/16/06 742 und, hpb 63,000
04/27/06 740 und hpb 60,000
01/05/07 458 und hvb und
03/08   470 undetectable still on atripla. Non smoking (chantex)
08/08 cd4 550 undetectable hiv, Hep B UND. Atripla
06/09  cd4 444, vl undetectable testo 130
09/09/09 CD4 687 46% UND  Testo 213 started androgel
10/12/09 cd4 682 46% und testo 597
01/12/10 cd4 842 48% und testo 434
041010 cd4 693  53% testo 492
100410 cd4 568 48% testo 523
012711 cd4 523 hcv 56 testo 596
083011 cd4 280 Hcv/HIV und
042912 cd4 158 hcv /hiv und, was on hep c for 11 months. do have ssdi filed and getting LTD
061912 cd4 151, bactrum, hep c and hiv und
071712 cd4 287 52% HIV HCV und
112012 cd4 520

Offline rigger82

« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2012, 06:26:24 pm »
Now at home, I'm meant to take 16 clindamycin a day. I have been doing this for about 11 days.

I noticed my belly getting bigger and bigger and a slight rash and hard to swallow.

Today was so swollen I look full term. I stopped the last two doses and I can swallow easier and rock hard stomach has gone back to normal. I also have been waking up with a start.

I know I need them, but they are in my system and my first stop tomorrow is my doc. I had this reaction to prezista once.

Body is absolutely cool with ARVs though, which is handy. I have always had probs with antibiotics, but not like this one. Yuck.

ANYBODY had good/bad/no effect from this pill? If I was severely allergic I should know by now, no. Had 16 a day for roughly 2 weeks.

Don't like azithromycin but prefer it to this.

Any help from you guys would be great. This place is my life line. Seriously.

I wouldn't have gone to ER if it wasn't for you guys.

Any info on this is good info

Gary x

Offline Rockin

« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »
Gary, even though you are still under risk and taking several pills and everything, you are a living proof that people can get to 0 CD4 (which is quite a scary thought) and still bounce back from that. Do you realize how many people will read this thread, from here on now, and realize that even when they find themselves in an awful, seemingly-hopeless situation health-wise, there's still hope?

So I say thank you for reporting your entire situation in this forum. I`m very glad that you are feeling a little better and I have faith you'll be even better a week from now.

Thinking about you Gary. Much love and positive thoughts.

Offline rigger82

« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2012, 12:37:52 am »
I never thought I would be a source of help, just a guy in need of help and advice..

I've just woken (about an hour ago) with a night terror.. Didn't know who I was, still not clear on why I exisist.  Mum filled in all the gaps.

I roughly know I'm me. So hard to explain. Had only been asleep for 2 hours. Woke up being sick thinking 2 girls had sent me on a mission.

Way too many chems. Gonna ring doc at 9 am and get rid of these clindamycin. Had nothing but hell.

I may be alive but I sometimes do not know who I am.  I leave letters around the flat

Shit.  My body like ARVs that I'm on though, can't handle anti biotic

Forgetting why I'm here now but thank you, I think

Gary x

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2012, 12:51:09 am »
hi Riggers,
i'm still thinking about you.  i hope you get much much better soon and back to some normalcy, which im sure you will.   Allow yourself some good rest and let the docs do their things
11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline rigger82

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2012, 12:55:07 am »
Thanks.

My body will repair. I.m sure. Already after 2 weeks I have 50 cd4 and all my skin rashes have cleared up.

Stopped clindamycin. Breaking my body and head.

I want a new mind.

Offline Rockin

« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2012, 11:27:08 am »
Gary are you under psychiatric help as well? I think at this moment you need to heal both your body and your mind and usually doctors don't know to handle mental problems. 

Can they prescribe you a Benzo maybe? You are probably very anxious right now and taking a benzodiazepine might help, I just don't know if you can take it along with your other medicines. 

Offline Mishma

• HIV drugs are our Allies but hardly our Friends
    • Marquis de Vauban
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2012, 08:58:46 pm »
Great advice from this forums "pros," that I won't repeat. I skimmed the responses so I may have missed someone bringing up the fact that there is great redundancy built into are immune systems and that CD4 cells aren't your only line of defense. I think of them as the quarterbacks of the immune response. You can win games without them but it is easier with them. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery.

Psychotic breaks are scary-someone close to me had one a few years ago and tried to take her life. 8 ECTs latter and 6 months of counseling and an antidepressant and she's back on top of her game. I spent a week in the psych ward myself for a major depression after coming off years of predisone. Mental illness is treatable. Look at the meds I'm on. 
2016 CD4 25% UD (less than 20). 30+ years positive. Dolutegravir, Acyclovir, Clonazepam, Lisinopril, Quetiapine, Sumatriptan/Naproxen, Restasis, Latanoprost, Asprin, Levothyroxine, Restasis, Triamcinolone.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2012, 08:03:03 am »
Hello Gary,

I haven't seen you logged in for a while.  Just wondering how everything is going for you.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2012, 12:29:29 pm »
Of course it was silly. I was not in my right mind at the time. I was having a schizo/psychotic episode that lasted for a long time and I was sectioned.

Thanks for your wishes of luck  ;)

Yes, you can come back and feel better and eventually build your immune system and be healthy again. Also take your psyche meds and try to fight or ignore any future voices in your head that tell you to do something harmful. 
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline carlydavids

• AIDS to Life
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2012, 06:49:00 pm »
It's totally do-able, don't worry :) My husband was super low and bounced back super fast. It's the numbers that freak everyone out, we'd all be better off not knowing them and just letting the docs take care of that. it doesn't help anyone knowing that stuff. "See HIV AIDS as your motivator for change! It's not your jailor, it is your liberator. When you can see this, healing can begin" - AIDS to life, I quote this book because it documents the journey of a man on the brink of death with AIDS and rebounded back amazingly. It goes on to give all the techniques he did to help maximize his healing. Turns out it's mainly the emotional stress that comes from AIDS that is the big killer. Very insightful.

I send all my thoughts to your regaining health. You can do it! Believe :)

Offline CraigMKE

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2012, 04:58:19 pm »
I am certainly not downplaying the need for meds and the need to get on them ASAP.

BUT

A trip to the ER?  Staying in the house?

I started my diagnosis with 7, which in lab talk is basically ZERO

There is nothing to say someone will get sick by going out and enjoying the world. I have no idea how long I was that low when I was diagnosed. My CD 4 is still only 60 after 10 years of meds. Should I have been cooped up all that time?

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2012, 08:23:10 pm »
My CD 4 is still only 60 after 10 years of meds. Should I have been cooped up all that time?
wow. that's really unbelievable** - and scary!

Personally, for several years (as in 4 yrs) I lived like a hermit and ran out of the grocery store if someone sneezed or coughed while my cd4s were under 150. So yes, I stayed cooped up and I would suggest the same to anyone under 100  ;)

Since Diagnosis I have never been above 250 (4.75 years).  I quit looking forward to my numbers rising sometime ago.
Results:  White blood count dropped (Don't have the figures), Dr. does not seemed worried.
CD4 = 215 (no big deal, I didn't expect anything else)
Anyone else start as low as I (CD4=7) and still not up to cd4=300 (after 4 1/2 years of HAART)

Just got back from the ID Dr.  My recent labs show a 100 point drop in CD4's, down to 150.  Have not been this low in 6 years.
When I was diagnosed I had a cd4 of 7. 8-10 years later (I can't remember my diagnosed year). I am at 64 as of my labs last week. The most they have been is 150 or so.
I'm sorry but I'm reading something very different and very odd in your posts. According to them, you have been up to at least 215 and you speak as if they been in a 250-300 range at some point. So you have had higher than 60 cd4s in your 10 yrs of meds. However, it's quite worrisome to read that in the last bit of time your cd4s have been falling and have gotten as low again as 64. What has your doctor suggested to do dealing with this dangerous trend? Have you already changed meds? Are you even staying adherent?

There's obviously a lot more to your story than "My CD 4 is still only 60 after 10 years of meds".
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:04:48 am by leatherman »
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.