Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 06:50:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 169
Total: 171

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Im back  (Read 37663 times)

Offline scaredguy

Re: Im back
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2006, 01:09:03 pm »
thanks ann im gonna let him see this. so for sure theres no possible way, no matter how dirty his hands are no matter how many people hes touched that he could get infected like this?

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2006, 07:04:39 pm »
he has been on my ass all day fr you to answet this question

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2006, 07:07:59 pm »
scared,

I already answered your question.

scared,

Tell your friend that there is absolutely no way he'd become infected with hiv through doing this.

What part of "absolutely NO WAY" did he not understand?

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2006, 07:16:22 pm »
No, he is not at risk by fingering himself with nasty digits...and it might even work in his favor in that regard.  If his hygiene is so poor that he is walking around with all kinds of unknown funk and nastiness on his hands, he sounds like an unlikely candidate to find himself having the kinds of sexual encounters that might lead to HIV.  I just don't see many people lining up for that sort of thing.  No offense, but just sayin'. 

Can't help but find it odd that someone can be so worried about HIV yet so indifferent to simply remaining...well, sanitary.  I mean, if this is such a concern for this person as a potential mode of tranmission, the first logical step toward eliminaing that concern would be what?  It's "wash your hands", isn't it?

« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 07:30:42 pm by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2006, 07:28:38 pm »
damnit damnit damnit, im a friggin idiot. i didnt take my meds and i spiraled back into my depression, searchin every site on the net to prove i have hiv. i found aids org .com , and on there they mentioned home testing which pretty much is what i got my first time. well THEY said that the only fda approved home testing are the ones they sell in farmacies in which u buy and put ur blood on a TREATED piece of paper. now i dont know what treated means but my mom just put my blood on the top of a pill bottle (something white like they told us). idk wat to do i mean ive gotten to the point where idc anymore about hiv, so wat if i have it?. ill be dead 10 ten years then ill go to heaven but either way wat yall type for me helps, yall no more than i do. anyway just reply with somethin about this and lets see if i can get some proffesional help after words.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 07:31:49 pm by scaredguy »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2006, 08:04:36 pm »
Put the lime in the coconut, then you'll feel better. Come on dude, we are not mental health Consultants.

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2006, 11:14:24 pm »
um could u atleast advise me on the test subject?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2006, 11:50:01 pm »
Put the lime in the coconut, then you'll feel better. Come on dude, we are not mental health Consultants.

LMAO!

Doctor!   Ain't there nothing I can take?
Doctor!   To relieve this belly ache?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2006, 04:53:46 pm »
um dude idk who the hell u are but i dont find hiv or anything about hiv funny so do me a favor mind ur damn buisness.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 04:57:35 pm by scaredguy »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2006, 06:08:28 pm »
You're right HIV is not funny but know one was talking about HIV being funny. What is funny, is the drama you post when you are negative. You are not going to change your negative result unless you decided to have unprotected vaginal or anal sex. It's time for you to move on. There is nothing more this forum can help you with.

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2006, 06:08:56 pm »
what do yall think about wat i said about the test thing. my symptoms have hit me the hardest today. head hurt so bad and i was so queezy i just went to bed.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2006, 06:38:13 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2006, 06:57:32 pm »
um dude idk who the hell u are but i dont find hiv or anything about hiv funny so do me a favor mind ur damn buisness.

um dude idk who u r or y u thnk i wuz laffin at u but i wuz laffin at the coconut song

Trust me:  As someone who really IS positive....no....someone who really and truly has

FULL  BLOWN   A I D S  !!!  (at least by the numbers)

I am well aware of its lack of comedic value.

My apologies if you presumed me to be making fun of this disease.  I assure you that I was not.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2006, 10:37:01 pm »
nah man i over reacted towards your comment i knew u werent laughing at me i was just bein a jerk. god bless u and continue to fight this disiese and dont give up. your in my prayers god bless you.

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2006, 11:26:16 pm »
i feel teriable about jumpin on u man. i kno this isnt a chat forum just no im sorry

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2006, 11:39:30 pm »
Ah, fuh-getta-boudit !!  Happy holidays! 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2006, 12:26:40 am »
same 2 u and god bless u my brother.

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2007, 10:20:39 pm »
hey yall wats up?. im doin pretty good i guess. well every sense ur timeout u gave me ive seaked some resolution in my head. ive got this smokin hot gf...not to brag of course. ive turned down sex so many times...u know cuz im still just not sure. i think she really loves me and if i was HIV+ she would stick buy me no matter wat, i would do the same for her. lately ive been getting these little bite things. my parents say they look like mosquitoe bites but sense when do they come out in the winter?. ive also got some skin lesions now is this coincedence or wat?. yall have gave every bit of advice yall can give and i am grateful. the test i got which i know was plenty passed the window period is wat im worried about. i know nothing about it. no name no nothing. i guess its considerd how acces but we gave them my blood in a pill bottle on the white top. now i read about home acces kits and there was something about how the blood has to be placed on a TREATED piece of paper or something. whats treated? tell me cuz idk. well thats about it im doin pretty good no more headaches just the itchy skin bumps and lesions this time. a question i wnted ask was, ive heard yall say that saliva contains all this stuff that kills hiv thats y its not transmitted through saliva. so why dont scientist just inject spit into hiv + ppl lol. dumb question i was just curious.

well bye i love u all so much lol!

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2007, 09:42:24 am »
Scared,

I think you are asking about a home test right?  If so the only home test approved by the FDA (not sure if your in America) is the Home Access Test.  It comes in a box that looks like this:

And they are used like this:

Home Access HIV-1 tests utilize a retractable safety lancet for blood collection. Customers prick a fingertip and place drops of blood on the blood specimen card included in the test kit.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2007, 05:18:40 pm »
so i take it the test i got isnt reliable then huh?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2007, 05:23:18 pm »
I cant tell you that without knowing what it was.  But if you are in the states, and it WASNT the one I posted then I would have to say no, at least according to the FDA.
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2007, 08:10:04 pm »
wheres rapid rod, andy, ann i want there advice.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2007, 08:28:30 pm »
All I'm going to say is that you are most likely to get banned from this forum if you continue. You have had your test and your test was negative at 13 weeks. I would advise you to move on before you get banned.

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2007, 10:33:43 pm »
get banned? why?. one of ur administrators just told me my test wasnt realiable and ur getting on to ME for worrying?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2007, 04:10:51 am »
That is not what he said.

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2007, 08:19:50 am »
he said he would say no its not a reliable test.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2007, 09:58:45 am »
After I re-read your original post, you got tested at 13 weeks at a clinic.  You are conclusively negative regardless of what test you may or may not have taken at home.
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2007, 07:18:00 pm »
thats completly different from wat u said earlier...are u just makin stuff up 2 get me out of ur hair?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2007, 07:29:52 pm »
Where did you have the test done and do you live in the US? If you did the test at home and bought it from the pharmacy then it was a Home Access Test.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2007, 08:14:00 pm »
thats completly different from wat u said earlier...are u just makin stuff up 2 get me out of ur hair?

no i am looking at all the facts and addressing your situation as a whole now instead of answering just part of your thread.

you are negative!
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2007, 09:57:13 pm »
rod, i live in pine bluff arkansas. i used the jefferson county health cllinic on rikes drive 2 answer ur question

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2007, 10:05:49 pm »
Then there is no doubt that you received the proper test and the results are conclusive. You're negative.

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2007, 12:00:32 pm »
hey yall. todays monday and saturday night i woke up in the middle of the night with cramps and nausea. i then started vommiting and having diareah that lasted all through the night. i woke up the next morning filling alot better no more vomiting or anything. now today being monday my throat is soar and im coughing. i know yall arent mental health counselors but things like this just keep coming up and worry me. could these be symptoms of hiv? do u come across many ppl on here who worry constantly like me. thanx for your time and patience with me.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2007, 12:13:41 pm »
We come across people like you every day all day and 99% are HIV negative.  You are one of those 99%.  You tested negative at an appropriate place and an appropriate time.

I suggest you contact a Dr. about your sypmtoms.  We can do nothing for you here.
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredguy

A quick question.
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2007, 08:39:24 pm »
hi yall might remember me. i know yall are strict on creating new threads when u already have one i just couldnt find my original maybe its archived idk,anyway. ive been doing better about my worrying, today something happend that is probably nothing but i wanted 2 ask. i was at my aunts store and i opend a safety pin, u know the ones u open and close. i poked myself with it accidently, it barely broke the skin and didnt bleed but u know me i think up these far out stories about how someone with HIV could have poked themselves then closed it. i know im worrying needlesly and waisting your time i just want yall here to tell me if ther is even a 1 percent chance of infection. thank u and god bless u all 4 the work u do here

Offline RapidRod

Re: A quick question.
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2007, 09:04:58 pm »
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=2168.msg98435#msg98435

Place all your questions and concerns in orginal thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2007, 10:19:24 pm »
Scared, keep all of your comments in this same thread. That's a rule here so please respect it. I have merged your previous thread into this one.

OK. So your latest concern is another absolutely non-HIV situation. We've gone through this kind of thing with you before at length. The conclusions were that you were HIV negative AND that if you couldn't give up your unwarranted fears about HIV then you needed to get some professional help to deal with that.

Both of those things still stand. You weren't in any way at risk for HIV in your pin situation. We can't help you with the issue of obsessive fears. Get some professional help if you're serious about dealing with it.

Andy Velez

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2007, 07:36:13 pm »
Holy shit im back! happy too see me? sure u are. anyway. i was at school and me and this girl snuck off and started making out. i have read on numerous sites that closed mouth social kissing is no risk but the cdc recomends against. we were kissing pretty rough and the site said rough kissing could break skin and blood could pass through cuts.well i had a pretty fresh cut in my mouth. so once again am i at risk? wats the deal am i in trouble?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2007, 07:42:10 pm »
Holy shit im back! happy too see me? sure u are.

Don't try and be a smartarse with us kid. You might think you're clever but you're not, so just lose the attitude right now Mr Funnyman.

anyway. i was at school and me and this girl snuck off and started making out. i have read on numerous sites that closed mouth social kissing is no risk but the cdc recomends against. we were kissing pretty rough and the site said rough kissing could break skin and blood could pass through cuts.well i had a pretty fresh cut in my mouth. so once again am i at risk? wats the deal am i in trouble?

After 43 posts you should know by now that kissing is NOT a risk for HIV transmission. You should take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with our posting guidelines and our Lessons on HIV transmission.

MtD

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2007, 10:13:09 pm »
smart ass? no i was actually just kidding sorry i forgot u ppl here dont believe in humour. the CDC says its "low risk" now u guys say its no risk. can yall see why im so confused and worried. if its not a risk then y does the cdc say it is?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2007, 10:27:29 pm »
That is not what the CDC says at all. It says they have one case that MAY have been transmitted in that manner.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/transmission.htm

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2007, 06:52:56 am »
Scared -- I've given you your first Time-Out (28 days) for repeated postings about a no-risk event, even after your questions about risk were clearly answered.

Peter Staley
Founder
AIDSmeds.com

Offline scaredguy

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2007, 09:17:24 pm »
hi im back from my timeout with yet another scare. one of my friends hit me on the knuckle with a comb. the comb was sharp and broke and caused me to bleed a bit. i asked him how many ppl he did that to. he said a couple ppl but they didnt bleed. then it hit me if someone elses blood was on there then it could pose a risk. i looked on your thread on how this crap is transmitted and it says health care workers are stuckl with needles and other OBJECTS so obviously hiv can live on stuff outside the body. so plz tell me again its no risk then you can ban me from the site.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2007, 09:37:48 pm »
We've been through this with you endlessly. Once again, you've been reported.

MtD

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2007, 09:53:36 pm »
Charming choice of friends.

It's time you worked on this totally irrational fear of HIV, as it applies to your no-risk situations, with a professional. This site simply cannot offer you the help you need.

You're banned.

Tim Horn
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 10:01:10 pm by Tim Horn »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.