Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:18:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773167
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 214
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 213
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: True Love  (Read 1658 times)

Offline goatwriter

True Love
« on: May 31, 2007, 04:43:51 am »
Something strange and wonderful has happened recently. I've fallen in love, and with someone who loves me. What is really strange about it to me is that she is negative. I've been poz about 12 years now, and in that time I've suffered. Not physically, luckily, but mentally and emotionally for not having love and sex.
Actually if you had asked me a few months ago i would have told you I didn't believe in love. The dating game had become a rather cynical and compromised farce using the dating sites. Sure, i met a couple of interesting women, but not who I would have chosen out in the real world. I guess I thought the best it could be is kind of like an arranged marriage where you might learn to like and respect each other.
 I first met this girl 7 years ago. It was love at first sight and we spent 3 weeks together. We had sex, I didn't disclose until after the act and although upset at first she forgave me and still wanted to be with me.( it was unsafe sex as well. Although I'm not trying to excuse it. I f*cked up. bit she was more understanding than I was of myself ) We lived in separate countires though and the long distacne relationship broke.
 Now 7 years later we met again and the love is stronger than ever. She told me she was afraid of the hiv before, after she went home and tested negative. But she said now she is not afraid at all. And i don't think about it either. It doesn't really come into the relationship. The sex is the best I've had. ( and I've had a lot). Using condoms is not a problem for either of us, and neither of us is worried about oral sex. And the thing is , whatever risk there is, that risk is worth it to be together.
 Actually, she finds it ridiculous that a person would choose not to be with someone just because of there hiv status. Like many neg people i know she also feels there is no obligation for a poz person to disclose if having sex with condoms. That is, there is no moral obligation.
 I realise I'm extremely lucky in this. Its like the need for us to be together out weighs anything else. Even hiv. So this is True love.
 I never thought I'd find it again in this life. I really believed it was all about compromise. But it happened. And if it happened to me...
 So, don't give up. And don't give up on negative people. That's my advice anyway. Peace.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: True Love
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 12:35:44 pm »
That's a powerful story and journey you and your friend have made. Lots of good luck to you in continuing to enjoy each other.

It's a reminder that if we keep on breathing and staying open to possibilities, along with ups and downs, great and good things are always possible.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: True Love
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 12:41:58 pm »
YOU SEE GUYS!  Its NOT just me!

CONGRATS Goat!  You deserve it and so does she!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.