Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:28:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 453
Total: 453

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worried abt encounter  (Read 7818 times)

Offline rohitindian2003

Worried abt encounter
« on: April 02, 2009, 09:12:57 am »
Hi,

I m from India, New Delhi, I have met an sex worker on 22-2-2009. We were 4 friends before me one of my friend was entered the room and had oral sex and vaginal sex with her. After 10-15 minutes i entered the room and have oral sex without condom for 30-40 seconds and vaginal sex for 1 minute with condom. Can i get effected assuming the other guy and the worker r hiv infected. Its really getting toll on me. From las 4-5 days there is little pain in my head and i cant pee properly. n i m going for urination frequently which really bothering me pls help me.

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Worried abt encounter
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:25:09 am »
Ro,

Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection, no matter how many blowjobs she gave before you and regardless of her hiv status. Blowjobs are NO RISK where hiv is concerned.

Protected intercourse is just that - protected - and is also NOT a risk for hiv infection. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection.

Regarding your symptoms, you need to see a doctor about that. While it's nothing to do with hiv, it could be gonorrhea or chlamyida from the blowjob. Once again, hiv is NOT transmitted via blowjobs.

You have not had a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline rohitindian2003

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:45:51 am »
do i need testing or something for hiv

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:49:29 am »
ro,

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST FOR HIV OVER THIS SPECIFIC INCIDENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline rohitindian2003

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:27:00 am »
Thanks for ur reply as far as sexually active. I am in a very much monogamous relationship. Except this particular incident i was never ever engaged in any kind of sexual relationship and i never will. It was my first n last chance therefore i m much more concerned and worried. Should i test or just leave it behind and go on with my life.

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 10:29:17 am »
You weren't at risk for HIV. So there's no need for testing.

Although you aren't planning to be active outside of your relationship in the future, IF that happens then good sense dictates periodically having a full STD panel done regularly.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline rohitindian2003

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 10:46:03 am »
Thanks for ur reply.

I really appreciate ur work.

But it was my biggest mistake of my life i will not do it again in my life which i did in the influence of my freinds thanks i will not do these types of things again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 11:14:15 am »
OK. Good luck to you.
Andy Velez

Offline rohitindian2003

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 10:37:13 am »
now i m having infection in neck and it really getting tougher swallowing anything n i m very scared now as sore throat is the symptom of hiv can i get become be effective pls help me wht to do.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 10:54:16 am »
See a doctor if you have a concern. It has nothing to do with HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 10:59:38 am »
Between now and the end of your life, hopefully many years from now, you are likely to experience all kinds of physical events within your body.

That won't mean that HIV is the cause unless you have unprotected intercourse. We've repeatedly told you that you weren't at risk in the incident which brought you here. There really isn't anymore we can say to you in terms of HIV. NO RISK NO RISK NO RISK. Get it?

If you have symptoms that trouble you that's something to discuss with your doctor.

It maybe that at least in part your problem is guilt and shame over having utilized the services of a sex worker. That kind of reaction is one we often come across here. We're not here to resolve that sort of emotional problem for you. And of course it has nothing to do with real risk for HIV as long as condoms were used for intercourse.

I will also say that if you continue to return repeatedly about this non-risk incident you may find yoursel getting timed out from this site.

Yours is not an HIV problem. Period.  
Andy Velez

Offline rohitindian2003

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 06:49:42 am »
sorry to bothering u again is white tongue and upset stomach and pain in thigh from last one week are ars symptoms can u pls tell me its freaking me out pls help me.

Now i even forrgot that my condom was broke or not wht to do dont know pls help me

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 07:57:28 am »
Ro,

If you feel unwell, you need to see a doctor. We cannot diagnose you here but we can tell you that as you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection, whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv.

If the condom had broken, you would have noticed - or she would have noticed and said something - and you'd remember that. A broken condom is VERY obvious.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline rohitindian2003

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 05:11:36 am »
if a person is HIV infected can he get only sore throat and infection in neck only as a symptom or all other symptoms also cam up with that in flu like illness i hope u understand. i just wanna know in general for my scientific knowledge i hope u guys will reply.

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 05:19:37 am »
The answer is NO. You didn't have a risk of contracting HIV. Reread the replies that have been given.

Offline rohitindian2003

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 02:32:36 am »
Hi Andy, Ann, Rod

You guys are saying that i didnt have any risk. But there is a lady in this forum who is from england and is a teacher his husband was a with merchant navy and she is hiv positive by his husband who done only once and that with condom in brazil with a girl her article even published in the news paper.

Her name i think is vanity and her husbands name is berry. now i m very confused and scared what to do

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 03:54:48 am »
Yeah right and I contracted HIV by polishing silverware. You were given the facts now move on. You Did NOT have a risk of contracting HIV from getting a BLOWJOB end of discussion.

Offline rohitindian2003

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 04:43:05 am »
but i also have done vaginal intercourse with the condom and that aguy also ctract hiv with the condom therefore i m asking can you pls tell me wht my risk from this one time exposure

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 04:50:16 am »
Latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly, are highly effective in
preventing transmission of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. In addition, correct
and consistent use of latex condoms can reduce the risk of other sexually
transmitted diseases (STDs), including discharge and genital ulcer diseases.
While the effect of condoms in preventing human papilloma virus (HPV) infection
is unknown, condom use has been associated with a lower rate of cervical
cancer, an HPV-associated disease. Laboratory studies have demonstrated that latex condoms provide an essentially impermeable barrier to particles the size of STD pathogens.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 07:00:29 am »
Ro,

Just because a woman believes her husband when he claims to have used condoms doesn't mean that it's true. I suggest you stay out of the forums meant for hiv positive people.

You didn't have a risk for hiv infecton when you used a condom.

As Rodney pointed out, you'll be given a time out if you keep going on about this NO RISK situation.

Please consider yourself warned for the last time.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline rohitindian2003

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 10:42:40 am »
sorry ann, andy, and rod

i just wanna do latex condoms breaks easily. i mean in one minute sex

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 02:11:56 pm »
Ro,

No, condoms, when used correctly, do not break easily. Re-read your entire thread - you've already been given this information.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.