Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:09:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 449
Total: 452

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How do I find an experienced doctor for Sculptra?  (Read 8353 times)

Offline deanh4

How do I find an experienced doctor for Sculptra?
« on: October 01, 2006, 10:22:35 pm »
Hey friends,
I was wondering how to go about finding a doctor experienced and successful in using Sculptra, and the closer To the middle of the United States the better. I am in Omaha NE, not exactly a hotbed for advanced treatment options, and I tried a plastic surgeon here about a year and a half ago that did a decent job for a first treatment. It was smooth and removed some of the sunken look. It has been fairly long lasting. But I didn't go any farther because I was his first lipo patient and I was his first time working with Sculptra. I have read about a place called Apex South Beach that sounds okay, but I don't want to travel so far due to the combined cost of the treatments, air travel, taxis, the hassle of dragging all of my meds through the airport, etc. Has anyone had a good experience with a doctor close to the middle of the country or can anyone suggest how to find one with extensive experience in Denver, Minneapolis, KC, Chicago, etc? 

Thanks,
deanh4 

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: How do I find an experienced doctor for Sculptra?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 12:46:15 am »
Try using the Sculptra physicians locator on the Dermik website: http://www.sculptra.com/US/Index.jsp

Offline bobino

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 01:56:09 am »
Hi Dean,

I'm sure someone here can provide you with a reference for a doctor in the Midwest.  If not, though, I can ask my doctor here in San Francisco.  He's already provided me with a reference for a friend of mine in New York, and since he actually trains physicians in the use of Sculptra, he may know someone.

Best of luck.

John
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 08:16:19 am »
This Manhattan NYC doctor has this page on his website

Hope it helps  ??? ...... http://www.facialwastingtreatments.com/helpful_links.htm

Offline allanq

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 06:14:28 pm »
Dean,

Even though you were your doctor's first Sculptra patient, it sounds like he did a good job. Generally, just one treatment isn't enough to fully correct even a moderate case of lipoatrophy. When I had my first Sculptra treatment (in San Francisco), the doctor told me that I probably wouldn't notice much of a difference until after the second treatment. If you noticed an improvement after your first treatment, I think that's pretty good. If your doctor is a plastic surgeon, he's likely had much experience with many different types of fillers. If I were you, I'd stick with that doctor.

Allan

Offline deanh4

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 11:06:47 pm »
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the help. Your suggestions give me many options to consider.

Deanh4

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.