Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:43:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773205
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 518
Total: 519

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tested POZ today :(  (Read 5288 times)

Offline telcom1987

• Standard
Tested POZ today :(
« on: April 30, 2013, 07:06:41 pm »
I had a high risk exposure on March 16

I never felt so sick in my life after that got nausea, vomit, malaise, dizziness, geographic tongue.

Even now i'm feeling bad. I think that my inmmune system is fighting hard to push back the virus.

I went to the clinic and took several tests. Today at 6 week went to the clinic and it came back reactive  :'(.

I have read a lot of information here so i now it's not the end of my life.

I want to go on treatment right away.

Need to take WB, VIRAL LOAD, CD4 and fenotipe and genotype test.

Offline msavoy

Re: Tested POZ today :(
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:21:11 pm »
Hi telcom1987,
I was like you when I got the virus, I was never that sick in my ENTIRE life.  And I was sick for so long, like almost 2 months.  Anyway I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and are getting the proper medical treatment so soon, I think that's key. 

It's a lot of information to take in all at once I know, I was in the same boat as you 3 months ago, but let me tell you this, once you get past the first month or so, things go right back to normal. 

I must admit I was a bit scared to start treatment because you hear some people have side effects, but for me, the only side effect I have is that I got my energy back and haven't felt this good in a long long time. 

So things will definitely start to look up once you get all your tests done and get more blood drawn from you than a vampire would take, but once all that stuff if over with, things start to calm down.  That's the point I'm at right now and seriously, it's not that bad at all.  If someone would have told me 3 months ago that I'd be diagnosed with hiv and that I'd be ok with it, I would have told them they're nuts.  It's funny how things work. 

Find a good friend or family member that you can talk to about it or come on here if you don't feel comfortable doing that, to ask questions.  The more you learn about hiv the more comfortable you'll be with having it. 

Take a deep breath and good luck!  (Not that you'll need it :-P)
Cheers,
Mark :)

Offline telcom1987

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:52:21 pm »
Thanks Mark for your words.

My mom knows everything. I tell her and we cried together  :'(.
But she is going to support me and here in the forums i think i will get friends and good information.

Yes, thats why i want to start treatment. My inmmune system is fighting so hard that is taking me all my energy.

I think i will start with Truvada and Stocrin because here, in Venezuela, we don't have Stribild. I'd love to take that pill. It seems that is very good.

Anyway i'll go on thursday to take my WB, Viral Load, CD4, etc. They took 10 working days 0.o.

Thanks Mark for your comments

Offline pittman

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 10:04:06 pm »
Sorry for the news. Once you get the results back from the western blot and other test, and thus confirm the initial diagnoses, you can take the next steps.

The really good news in this otherwise gut wrenching situation is that by finding out so quickly you have options and statistically better outcomes with treatment. If you choose to start treatment immeadiately, studies indicate your immune system will probably do particularly well.

Once you get into a routine for treatment, the main adjustments will be in other aspects for you. Examining what general good, healthy habits you can form, and making sure you take cake of your emotional health.

There was a lot for me to deal with after I was diagnosed, but after a few months, it settled down, and after a year or two, it has become a much more minor part of my life.  Allow yourself some time and some room to cope with it.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 02:05:57 am »
I am so sorry you tested preliminarily positive! I certainly hope that further testing (the western blot) finds you negative, but you have come to the right place for support and information.

Until your initial test is confirmed, I ask that you stay in this thread so that we can help you through the initial steps. The learning curve for HIV is pretty steep, but I am more than sure you are up to the task.

You are going to be OK, no matter what.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 05:00:12 am »
You need a Western Blot to confirm that you are HIV+.
Keep your fingers crossed, maybe you are not.
When exactly did you feel so sick? How long after the suspect contact?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline telcom1987

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 08:47:44 am »
I Felt sick 5 days after the exposure i experienced:

Suddenly after 5 days i felt nausea and vomit. My appetite was zero.

Second Week: High Blood Pressure, Dry Mouth, Excessive perspiration (Felt always thirsty). Nausea and Vomit disappear but now felt like less energy. Like not being me.....

Third Week: 2 Days of very mild sweats at night. Blood pressure and perspiration disappeared ad well as dry mouth. Loss of appetite. Felt with less Energy. Got Trush and geographic Tongue. .

Fourth Werk: Days feeling better, days feeling awful.¿ wtf ?.
Still poor appetite but not weight loss. Now problems sleeping at night. Interrupted slept. . Trush disappeared.

Week Five: Days good and days Bad. Still problems with sleep but in less frequency. Nausea 1 day. Loss of appetite. Burning sensation on chest for 15 min.

Week Six: Zero appetite, zero energy. Went to the clinic for an Elisa Test and it came back reactive....

I'm going to take my WB tomorrow :(...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:58:09 am by telcom1987 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.