Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:06:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 241
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 222
Total: 222

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Andy  (Read 9652 times)

Offline miracle2012

Andy
« on: February 14, 2012, 11:00:35 am »
Andy
I have been following your work for a while now and I think you do a gret job.
A few years ago maybe 7 or 8 years ago you helped me get thru a rough time in my life, I posted on here about hiv concerned because I suspected my wife cheating on me and snce I didn't have any prove of her cheating.  You gave me some really good advice and I tested multiple times with negative results.  I since them got divorced and remarried with a wonderfull woman and we have 2 little girls.
Now i made a huge mistake and put my wife at risk, I recived unprotected oral sex (i am uncircumsizes) twice by the same  coworkers girl. Once back in November 30th (that day i had some cuts on my penis head) and the 2nd time was January 2nd.  On january 14th I came down with fever, night sweats and sinus infection that lasted  almost 2 weeks but i have been feeling pretty tired since. I took a DNA Rt by pcr and a antibody test together at 25 days from risk and both negative and then I took another antibody test a week after also negative but I still feel sick sometims, I'm not really myself and today I have a sore throat .
Since I am uncircumsize I read the virus can get trap under the foreskin and cause infection. I am really fteaking out. I know there has been study about hiv poz living with hiv neg couples and having unprotected oral sex with no transmition of the virus but you have to asummed that the poz person is on meds and its undectectible so I don't know if that is a good study to go by
I really look forward to your reply and Ann's
Thank you

Offline RapidRod

Re: Andy
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 11:15:40 am »
You never had an exposure by having unprotected oral sex. HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 11:42:48 am »
miracle,

NOT ALL of the poz partners in those studies (there were three) were on meds. So that shoots your theory down right there. I've been poz for fifteen years and none of the people I ever gave blowjobs to ever ended up poz - and I've never taken hiv meds.

You were NOT at risk for hiv infection. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

You don't need further testing. You do NOT have hiv!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:47:33 am »
I know there has been study about hiv poz living with hiv neg couples and having unprotected oral sex with no transmition of the virus but you have to asummed that the poz person is on meds and its undectectible so I don't know if that is a good study to go by

You assume incorrectly.

The studies in question puposefully used HIV positive people with varying viral loads, on and off medication, in as many different situations as were offered.

You RECEIVED a blowjob. THAT has NEVER been considered a risk for HIV. The ONLY variable that lends itself to any controversy whatsoever is ingesting semen by GIVING a blowjob.

Saliva is not infectious in any way, shape or form. Moreover, it contains over a dozen identified elements which render HIV inactive. This has been known for many, many years.

You might be at risk for OTHER STDs from getting a blowjob, but not HIV.

Good to note that you divorced the wife whom you suspected -without proof - of cheating on you, and then go marry/father children with a woman with whom you, in turn, have been unfaithful. Thank you for including that bit of information.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 11:57:37 am »
Jki
I'm not here to be judged.  Not that I need to explained myself to you but my exwife did admid to cheating and it was her desition to get divorce not mine.
Yes I know mistake and now I am paying for it with anxiety.
But thank you for replying, the fact that you.

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:00:14 pm »
Sorry hit the post button by accident...
The fact that you took the time to reply means a lot to me
Thank you

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 05:43:55 pm »
Now I'm really scared. I just got off the phone with my wife an she tells me she has a sore throat, tummy nose and a fever.  I dont know what I'm going to do, I have two daughters and I let them down

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 06:10:13 pm »
Now I'm really scared. I just got off the phone with my wife an she tells me she has a sore throat, tummy nose and a fever.  I dont know what I'm going to do, I have two daughters and I let them down
You never had an exposure so cut the drama and move along.

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 06:45:18 pm »
I'm sorry Rod
As soon as my wife told me she was sick I right away thought the worst.
I made another appoitment to take a rapid test tomorrow at 6 pm.
This will only be my 6week from my last exposure but im hoping this will convince me.
Thanks  Rod for slapping me around and get me focus againg.  i was really loosing it.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 06:52:00 pm »
HIV is not your issue. Guilt is the issue which is a very common aftereffect experienced by straying husbands and partners. It doesn't change the science-based reality that nothing you have reported put you at risk for HIV.

If you get tested tomorrow you are going to collect another negative result.

Listen, straying is something you did. You can't undo that. But you need to do the best thing for all concerned and get on with your life. Right now everything that is happening or not happening is being misinterpreted through your guilty mindset. Cut it out. That's bad for everyone's health. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 06:59:42 pm »
Thank you Andy and I hope you are right like you were some years ago.
Thanks

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 07:55:06 pm »
Andy
One more question. Is it the same no risk if I had cuts on the head of my penis?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 12:29:10 pm »
It's still no risk for HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 11:10:03 am »
I tested negative yesterday at my 6 week mark from last exposure and 11 weeks from the exposure before. I was feeling pretty good until my doctor said I wasnt out of the woods yet and now he wants me back in another 6 weeks...anxiety is getting to me I told my doctor that there was no risk from reciving oral but be won't let me not test he wants me back in 6.. I was ready to move on and convinced that there is no risk from reviving oral but he wont let me move on...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 12:03:31 pm »
It's no surprise here that you tested negative.

Your doctor's position that receiving oral is a risk is not in tune with longtime and solid HIV science.

You have to do what seems the right thing for you but for sure you were not at risk.

Andy Velez

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 12:11:10 pm »
Thank you Andy..I feel much better coming in here and hearing all of you say i had no risk

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 12:49:46 pm »
If your doctor is at least a decade behind HIV transmission science/data, then one would have to wonder what other maladies s/he is not competent to diagnose and treat.

Receiving oral sex is absolutely no risk. Period. We've known that nugget of information since at least 2000, when I started in these forums.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 09:44:51 am »
I was browsing thru the " just tested poz"  and saw this post by jtb in " I'm coocked" thread
This guy tested neg at 6 and then at 8 weeks just to discover he was poz.
 http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=41443.0

Wow i thought my neg 6 week was a good sign.

Is this guy real?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 10:16:57 am »
Miracle,

No, this guy isn't "real". He hasn't been back since January 19th - a week after he posted in Just Tested. He will have had a false positive result that was shown to be false once he had further confirmatory testing.

Why am I so confident about this? Because if his confirmatory testing proved his positive test to be a real positive rather than a false positive, he would have been back by now to ask further questions about what happens next. Is risk was extremely low anyway and he was never likely to have been infected in the first place.

This isn't the first time we've had someone with a false positive result post in Just Tested, only to disappear when confirmatory testing proved them to be hiv negative. It probably won't be the last either.

As for you, what part of YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK don't you understand? Not one person has ever been infected through getting their dick sucked and you're not going to be the first.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 08:45:44 am »
I have a few questions.
1. When was the 3 months window period put in place?
Was it many years ago when the test were not that sensitive?

2. I know I had no risk but how reliable is a 6 week rapid test now and days?

3. Can Folliculitis be part of the acute symptoms?
I have been trying not to post here regarding my symptoms for days now but 4 days ago
I woke up and had like 14 pinples on my chest that look like exactly like
 Folliculitis.
Pls I'm just trying to calm my nerves down.
It's weird starting a few days ago I woke up besides the Folliculitis feeling much better I had
No more swollen glands and I wasn't feeling as fatigue as i was for a month and a half.
It's almost like my body finally brought down the amount of virus and i finally
Created enough antibodies. I feel if I test now I could get the poz result I dont want.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 08:49:34 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 08:53:37 am »
Thanks Rapid

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 08:59:28 am »
Folliculitis is not a symptom of ARS or HIV and you really, REALLY need to move on.

Otherwise you are going to get that Time Out you've been warned about. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 04:54:37 pm »
Guys
I'm just testing for peace of mind. My 8 weeks was neg ICMA by labcorp.  I have never heard of this test before.  I thought they were using ELISA 3rd gen.
I made a promise to myself that I was not going to test again after this last test but now I don't know how accurate this  ICMA is.
Does anybody know how sensitive this test is?
Is as sensitive as ELISA 3rd gen?
Pls answer those questions and i will be done.
Thank you.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 05:12:45 pm »
Stop wasting our time. You didn't have a risk and didn't need testing.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 06:03:20 pm »
It's a reliable test.

You need to stop with the drama about your non-risk incident.

If you return here again with more of the same you are very quickly going to find yourself getting a Time Out from the site.

HIV is not your problem. Fears and doubts are not facts. And the facts of your situation = no risk.

Get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 09:33:05 pm »
I'm curious what you guys would say about this.
 http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=42199.msg524293#msg524293

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 09:37:37 pm »
It doesn't matter what details you throw into the mix. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 12:39:38 am »
It is clear, by trawling the forums to find vulnerable, recently infected persons who speculate on an unheard-of manner of transmission, that you are beyond the scope of this forum.

I hope you feel as embarrassed as you ought to, about now.

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 06:09:59 am »
I'm curious what you guys would say about this.
 http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=42199.msg524293#msg524293

Miracle,

I say that thread has nothing to do with you in the slightest unless you've got terrible oral health (are your teeth in danger of falling out? Do you have syphilitic chancres in your mouth? Do you have rampant oral gonorrhea?) and you have been giving blowjobs to someone with a huge viral load and you just "forgot" to tell us about it.

Get over yourself. You got your dick sucked. Big deal - or rather no deal at all where hiv is concerned. You didn't have a risk.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline miracle2012

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 06:18:10 pm »
Thank you all for your support and for listening.
I just got my 13 weeks test and it was negative.
No offence but I hope i never have to talk to you again :)
Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 07:25:36 pm »
That's no surprise but it's always good to get a negative result.

Get on with your life now.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.