Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:03:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 605
Total: 607

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Another Catholic Scandal: Ricky Martin Confesses to Being a Sodomite  (Read 25979 times)

Offline Dachshund

Puerto Rican pop singer Ricky Martin has opened up about his sexuality on his website. "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man," wrote Martin on Monday. "I am very blessed to be who I am."

In the blog post, Martin talks about being a father to two boys, who were born in 2008 via a surrogate. The birth of his children inspired him to come out.

"If someone asked me today, 'Ricky, what are you afraid of?' I would answer 'the blood that runs through the streets of countries at war...child slavery, terrorism...the cynicism of some people in positions of power, the misinterpretation of faith,'" wrote Martin. "But fear of my truth? Not at all! On the contrary, It fills me with strength and courage. This is just what I need especially now that I am the father of two beautiful boys that are so full of light and who with their outlook teach me new things every day."

The "Livin' la Vida Loca" singer's sexuality has been speculated about for years, but he's never directly addressed it.

Martin got his start in the '80s Latin boy band Menudo. His solo career took off in 1999, with the release of his first English-language album.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Another Catholic Scandal: Ricky Martin Confesses to Being a Sodomite
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:42:56 pm »
Well colour me shocked.

After years of scrutiny about his sexuality, the Latino pop star declared on his official Web site today that he is "a fortunate homosexual man." Martin explained that he decided to make the announcement after musing about his memoirs and his year-and-a-half-old twin sons, whom he fathered through a surrogate mother in 2008.

"This is just what I need, especially now that I am the father of two beautiful boys that are so full of light and who with their outlook teach me new things every day," Martin wrote. "These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed."

(linkage)

MtD

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 06:44:20 pm »
Ricky can Livin My Vida Loca anytime lol!  I have always adored him!
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 06:44:41 pm »
beat you by two minutes doll ;)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 06:46:28 pm »
GODDAMMIT!  >:(

Asshatted by a citizen of the Confederacy. Yeah well, my thread title is better.  :P

Hopefully one of our Goderators will do a tasteful merge. :)

MtD

Offline kev72

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 06:49:39 pm »
Interesting, I was just reading that on CNN. Not that is was a big suprise. He is hot. I grew up listening to all those Menudo boys and loved them lol.

I wonder when Mario Lopez is going to come out....

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 06:50:29 pm »
You're gettin' soft, you ol' poof. :P I'll grant a merge in deference to your title.

Offline kev72

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 06:52:42 pm »
LOL - Wow that did get my attention.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 07:46:22 pm »
don't mean to be cynical. Its aways great when someone affirms his/her true self.
But since he is such a "fortunate homosexual", what took him so damn long. Geezuz. I guess since his career is over and the money's in the bank, there's no benefit to playing coy.

In fact the reverse, He's writing a memoir, so the coming out is a pay off.

http://idolator.com/5460581/ricky-martin-officially-comes-out-as-a-gay-man-but-how-opportunistic-is-the-timing

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 08:26:00 pm »
I'm lak shocked or something.  How can this be?
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 08:26:49 pm »
Now if only Richard Simmons would come out.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 08:41:09 pm »

Out of what? Liberace's walk-in wardrobe?

MtD

Offline mecch

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 08:47:49 pm »
Remember the brat pack. Before a few of them became major stars the rumor in LA NYC was one of them was gay.  It's always fallen on Tom Cruise but maybe its another.  I guess the only other two who are still big stars are Demi Moore and Matt Dillon. Now if one of them came out, I'd be impressed!  If its Andrew McCarthy, who gives a rat's ass.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:41 pm »
Remember the brat pack. Before a few of them became major stars the rumor in LA NYC was one of them was gay.  It's always fallen on Tom Cruise but maybe its another.  I guess the only other two who are still big stars are Demi Moore and Matt Dillon. Now if one of them came out, I'd be impressed!  If its Andrew McCarthy, who gives a rat's ass.

Tom Cruise wasn't really a part of the brat pack was he?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 08:49:01 pm »

It's Cruise.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 08:55:42 pm »

Goodness no, that man is scary.  He can stay lurking with last season's shoes, thankyouverymuch. :o

Out of what? Liberace's walk-in wardrobe?

Maybe he's hiding under the lid of the grand piano?
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 08:57:00 pm »
I agree with Ann on this one the heteros can keep Richard Simmons, and I'd like to exchange Bruce Villanch for Chris Evans.  It seems like an equitable trade to me.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 08:58:10 pm »
Tom Cruise wasn't really a part of the brat pack was he?

You're "technically" right.

Appearance in one, or both, of the ensemble casts of John Hughes' The Breakfast Club and Joel Schumacher's St. Elmo's Fire is often cited as a prerequisite for being a core Brat Pack member. With this criterion, the most commonly cited members include Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, Demi Moore, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy.

But some think Cruise was one of them as :

... [A] New York magazine article covered a group of actors much greater than the currently understood meaning of the term "Brat Pack". For example, most of the cast of The Outsiders were mentioned, including Tom Cruise, C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, and Patrick Swayze, but none of whom starred in any other 1980s movies with any "core" Brat Packers.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 09:02:46 pm »
I think all we need to know about Tommy C is summed up by the old slogan:

Scientology: Providing Wives for Gay Actors Since 1952.

MtD

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 09:05:01 pm »
I think all we need to know about Tommy C is summed up by the old slogan:

Scientology: Providing Wives for Gay Actors Since 1952.

MtD

You're breaking my heart.  I thought his love for the ultra-bland K. Holmes was teh Real Thang.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 09:06:39 pm »

I agree with Ann on this one the heteros can keep Richard Simmons,

ew, I don't want him! Let's give him away to a nunnery.

Whew, just remembered I'm bi so I don't have to have him anyway. :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 09:40:09 pm »
What!!!??? Ricky Martin......GAY???!!

Why, kiss my in-box!!  Don't that beat all!!??? :0
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline komnaes

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 09:55:11 pm »
Scandal?!

I thought the operative assumption was that if you're a Latino male you'd have to be AT LEAST bisexual.. :D
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 08:35:51 am »
I wonder when Mario Lopez is going to come out....

I wonder when Anderson Cooper is going to come out.

Offline mecch

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 08:54:41 am »
Since Anderson is a class act in a classy profession, it seems like no one dares ask him to his face.  Plus he seems nice and everyone who needs to know, knows.  Maybe he has it in writing from any non news appearance he makes that they can not joke or ask about him being gay. I think particularly of Kathy Griffin, who has kept away from that point.  
Anderson makes NO attempt to smokescreen. The game is: I am a journalist and my private life isnt the worlds affair and may interfere with my job, and that seems to work.
By the stories I read about Ricky, if you believe he is sincere, than it wasn't easy for him to admit to being gay and it weighed heavily on him.  Maybe he felt like he was living a lie, to himself and others as well.

"From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time. Things that were too heavy for me to keep inside," Martin wrote.

"These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed," he wrote.

Whos to say. Boilerplate to sell a book and make some cash? Hes got a freaking bf and kids, so he had to be pretty damn comfortable "within" for years, no???

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 09:10:07 am »
Since Anderson is a class act in a classy profession, 

Classy profession? He subs for Regis Philbern for God's sake, and has had no problem "reporting" the most titillating celebrity gossip.

Offline edfu

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 09:35:24 am »
Martin is going to star on Broadway next year in a revival of "Evita," playing the Che Guevara role.
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline mecch

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 09:38:05 am »
Well he's also a vanderbilt, has an ivy league education, moves with VIPs everyday, has good manners, is respectful and empathetic, does very good field reports around the world, is serious when he needs to be but takes himself lightly on other occassions, and has had no sordid scandals attached to him. I'd say being a news anchor is a pretty classy job and he does it well enough.

Offline mecch

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 09:39:11 am »
Well, Che and Fidel.....  Che was kinda gay.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 10:06:37 am »
Well he's also a vanderbilt, has an ivy league education, moves with VIPs everyday, has good manners, is respectful and empathetic, does very good field reports around the world, is serious when he needs to be but takes himself lightly on other occassions, and has had no sordid scandals attached to him. I'd say being a news anchor is a pretty classy job and he does it well enough.

Yep, he seems like a nice enough chap (going by his online personality) but could be a total dick in person. He has had all the advantages one would expect being the son of Gloria Vanderbilt. Gee Vanderbilt, wonder if her family had anything to do with the university of the same name? He did do some very good onsite reporting during Katrina, but also spent two weeks on 360 reporting every salacious detail during the Michael Jackson feeding frenzy. He's not a journalist, he's a news personality. I'm sure AC would take exception to being called a news anchor. A news anchor reads whatever the writers put up on the teleprompter. A monkey could do that. A classy monkey.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 10:58:47 am »

Yeah I don't think any of that makes him any better/worse or "classier" than anyone else.  Rachel Maddow is out and he could be too.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 11:18:41 am »
I think one of the problems with being a public person and saying you are gay is that you open the door to your entire personal life. For example, if I was Anderson Cooper's partner (yeah, that could happen!!) and I didn't want to be in the media Anderson coming out would make me fair game for the general media, not just the tabloids. Straight celebrities often don't talk about their personal life to keep their spouse and children out of the spotlight and I think gay people should be afforded the same courtesy. I think it is great when someone comes out on their own terms but it should be a choice, especially if someone becomes a celebrity by accident, e.g. "Sully" Sullenberger who landed the US Airways jet (no, he's not gay).

Offline mecch

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 11:23:50 am »
He's most definitely a journalist and most definitely an anchor and previously co-anchor. Duh.
And yeah he could come out.
And yeah Rachel Maddow is smarter, and classier, and I watch her first.  

The point of the sidetrack was to comment on the Ricky Martin coming out and others who have or haven't and how we feel about it.

AC:  When asked about his sexuality, he stated "I understand why people might be interested. But I just don’t talk about my personal life. It’s a decision I made a long time ago, before I ever even knew anyone would be interested in my personal life. The whole thing about being a reporter is that you're supposed to be an observer and to be able to adapt with any group you’re in, and I don’t want to do anything that threatens that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Cooper

No talk of heavy burdens etc etc as with Ricky Martin.

Arguably Ricky made millions selling a romantic dream to adoring lady fans.  So not coming out at the peak of his fame is similar to Anderson supposedly protecting ability to just blend in to get the story.  

If Ricky was personally tormented about being gay until now, then he gets a pass for it taking so long. Otherwise it would be nice to read: "My managers told me to butch it up and fake straight so we could make the biggest career possible, and now I have other priorities."  That would be honest enough.

Rupert Everett warns entertainers now its unwise to come out, career wise.  

So I guess its six of one, half a dozen of another.  

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 11:30:50 am »
I think one of the problems with being a public person and saying you are gay is that you open the door to your entire personal life. For example, if I was Anderson Cooper's partner (yeah, that could happen!!) and I didn't want to be in the media Anderson coming out would make me fair game for the general media, not just the tabloids. Straight celebrities often don't talk about their personal life to keep their spouse and children out of the spotlight and I think gay people should be afforded the same courtesy. I think it is great when someone comes out on their own terms but it should be a choice, especially if someone becomes a celebrity by accident, e.g. "Sully" Sullenberger who landed the US Airways jet (no, he's not gay).

Nice try, but Anderson's partner that he just bought an old firehouse in the Village with (like how gay is that?) is a Big Ole Mary that owns a well known gay bar in NYC.  In fact, one of his co-owners is someone I used to go clubbing with back in the early 90's (cue gratuitous name dropping, with no name).

Fact is, Anderson probably thinks he's out even if he's not really.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 11:47:40 am »
He's most definitely a journalist.  

I guess you could provide us with some examples of AC's journalism? Something that he's written. Not something others have researched and written for him. Like I said any monkey or parrot can be a news anchor. You do need a little panache to be a news personality.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:52:09 am by Dachshund »

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 11:54:39 am »
Nice try, but Anderson's partner that he just bought an old firehouse in the Village with (like how gay is that?) is a Big Ole Mary that owns a well known gay bar in NYC.  In fact, one of his co-owners is someone I used to go clubbing with back in the early 90's (cue gratuitous name dropping, with no name).

Fact is, Anderson probably thinks he's out even if he's not really.

I swear, HOW do you know this stuff? Forget the book, you need your own show on cable.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2010, 11:58:42 am »
Well he's also a vanderbilt,
I thought saying someone was a Vanderbilt (and it's actually suppose to mean something) went out of style in the 1960s....unless you're talking about Vanderbilt jeans; and even then that went out of style in the late 80s.

Anyhow, I find it odd that he was more comfortable with announcing his fondness of golden showers (which was a surprise) before telling the world that he has fondness for men (which is about as well kept of a secret as Israel's possession of nuclear arms).

Offline Miss Philicia

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 12:30:20 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2010, 12:32:27 pm »
Go Anderson!

Offline mecch

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2010, 12:40:53 pm »
Who likes golden showers - AC or RM? "Announced"?  link please

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 12:42:36 pm »
Classy or trashy?  We report; you decide!

Offline mecch

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 12:47:25 pm »
Are you all faux naive or what?
Of course being born an "american blue blood" is relative.
The Vanderbilts were parvenu among old New York society.  Mrs. Astor refused to acknowledge them. So they spent and spent and spent until they had gorgeous palaces and impeccable parties and finally she broke down. This was before the turn of the century!

Being a Vanderbilt still matters but being born to an "old" rich family certainly doesnt make your "classy" though it denotes economic and social class certainly.  Thats why I listed all the behaviours that I consider make him a classy guy.  He could have turned out a cute trust fund nare-do-well.  Being born fortunate and staying nice and open-minded and doing something constructive with your life - that's not classy?

You guys drive hard bargains.

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/national/class/12class-essays.html?_r=1

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2010, 12:53:38 pm »
nobody cares

Offline mecch

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2010, 12:58:29 pm »
People care very much about class in the USA.  Poor people and marginalised people who say they don't believe social class is important or exists, or class is not a roadblock to secure life and health and happiness in the USA, have been brainwashed into good little slaves.  

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2010, 01:03:47 pm »
People care very much about class in the USA.  Poor people and marginalised people who say they don't believe social class is important or exists, or class is not a roadblock to secure life and health and happiness in the USA, have been brainwashed into good little slaves.  

Obviously you do Madame Mao by continuing to insist that reading what others write off a teleprompter is somehow classy. Oh by the way Duchess, you're lucky to live in that bastion of a classless society, Europe.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:48:46 pm by Dachshund »

Offline mecch

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2010, 01:11:03 pm »
I'd rather have been Evita Peron than Madame Mao if I had to pick a compromised leader.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2010, 02:24:27 pm »
Are you all faux naive or what?
Of course being born an "american blue blood" is relative.
The Vanderbilts were parvenu among old New York society.  Mrs. Astor refused to acknowledge them. So they spent and spent and spent until they had gorgeous palaces and impeccable parties and finally she broke down. This was before the turn of the century!
 ::)  How odd.

As for the link (re: RM Golden Showers), try Googling it.  Or you could use AltaVista, given your fondness for the good old days!

Offline mecch

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2010, 05:36:24 pm »
People care very much about class in the USA.  Poor people and marginalised people who say they don't believe social class is important or exists, or class is not a roadblock to secure life and health and happiness in the USA, have been brainwashed into good little slaves. 

Whatever, Mary.  I'm the one here born and raised in the wealthiest (per capita) county in the entire US as stated recently in Forbes.  I don't need lessons on my inner-WASPness from you, regardless of whether or not I'm personally wealthy at the moment.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2010, 05:39:54 pm »

Tell me, which European nation recently adopted laws forbidding the building of minarets because Islam is a religion of brown people so as not to spoil it's chocolate box vistas?

MtD

Offline mecch

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2010, 08:05:24 pm »
Social class is important in every country.  I'm not the one who said "nobody cares".  You guys are pretty damn sour sometimes. 

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2010, 08:14:35 pm »
Social class is important in every country.  I'm not the one who said "nobody cares".  You guys are pretty damn sour sometimes. 

In that case mebbeh you should lighten up with the smug continental anti-american snarks. :)

America may have it's faults, but Europe is in no position to criticise.

MtD

Offline mecch

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2010, 08:40:31 pm »
where is the anti-american smack?  Half the progressive left makes the same argument - Michael Moore, Obama, etc etc.  Thats the whole point of the health care reform. Its not anti-america to have a class conciousness about what's going down!

Why dont you open up a thread if that topic is so interesting and be happy to debate, rather than hijack here, ok.

And Miss P. Own your own smack downs. Rather than "nobody cares" just say "I don't care" and if you don't care, just dont say anything.  Probably you did care.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2010, 09:13:55 pm »
What, Ricky's GAY??!!

I guess the news tomorrow will be that water is wet.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2010, 09:24:50 pm »
What, Ricky's GAY??!!

I guess the news tomorrow will be that water is wet.

Thank you for bringing us back to this extremely important topic Mr. C.  The socio-economic digression was slightly tedious.

This has been all over the Spanish news today, with all sorts of stars showing their support for La Ricky.  My my my, how times have changed.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2010, 09:34:38 pm »
where is the anti-american smack?  Half the progressive left makes the same argument - Michael Moore, Obama, etc etc.  Thats the whole point of the health care reform. Its not anti-america to have a class conciousness about what's going down!

Why dont you open up a thread if that topic is so interesting and be happy to debate, rather than hijack here, ok.

And Miss P. Own your own smack downs. Rather than "nobody cares" just say "I don't care" and if you don't care, just dont say anything.  Probably you did care.

I opened that discussion long before you buzzed into this hive.

MtD

Offline Dale Parker

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2010, 10:09:13 pm »
Ricky gay. That's half my fantasy come true. Now if only I could get him into my bed the other half could cum true.
Apr 09  CD4 21, CD4/CD8 ratio 0 VL 500,000+
July 09 CD4 158, CD4/CD812% VL 750
Oct 09 CD4 157 CD4/CD8 14% VL UD
Feb 10 CD4 197, CD4/CD8 11% VL UD
May 10  CD4 252 CD4/CD8 12% VL UD
Aug 10 CD4 211 VL UD
Nov 10 CD4 272 CD4/CD8 0.138 VL UD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.