Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:45:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is it time to chance happiness?  (Read 7860 times)

Offline dreamold97

Is it time to chance happiness?
« on: June 30, 2013, 05:43:58 pm »
Hello everyone. I contracted HIV in 2005. Since then I have been secure realizing that more than  likely I would be relationship free. Then...thanks to social media.....I have reconnected with friends from years ago. One seems to be blossoming. The thought of letting them know my status is heart wrenching. I wrestle with the thought of never opening up my heart and possibly never finding someone who accepts me. Is it time to chance it?? I tell myself whatever the reaction will be will be fine with me...hmmm...I wonder if that could really be the case.

Offline Jessy

Re: Is it time to chance happiness?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 09:06:35 am »
Hi
Whoever they are, they will receive the news the way you give it meaning if you make it a big deal then it will be made a big deal. YOU will be surprised how well that news is received if you givebit in a calm and collected manner.In any case if one can't look beyond your hiv status in this day of ARVs then they are not worth the bother(imao).
Good luck

Offline dreamold97

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 02:47:15 am »
Thank you for your reply, Jessy. To catch my situation  up to date....I told him one evening when we were outside enjoying a beautiful evening.....he took it just fine and we are getting married in June!

Offline karry

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 08:43:40 am »
Congratulations!!!! I wish you every happiness and lots of the best things! Hugs to you! K
Take it a day at a time....and be positive about it too!

Offline dreamold97

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 11:07:34 am »
Thank you, Karry.  :) Have a great weekend.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 09:17:45 pm »
dreamold97,

Hearing this gives me hope!  :)

Offline Jessy

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 07:38:34 am »
Congratulations Dreamold97  ;)

Offline dreamold97

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 12:03:39 pm »
Time is flying by. It is already Dec. 28. Wishing everyone an end to the last chapter in our life book, and writing a new even better one for the upcoming year! Safe celebrations to everyone.  :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.