Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 08:42:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Weather Forecast /Fresh evenings ( Montreal )  (Read 15384 times)

Offline The Canuck

Weather Forecast /Fresh evenings ( Montreal )
« on: August 09, 2006, 12:06:35 pm »
Hello Montreal Gathering attendees,

I noticed some of you were quite ahead for making their luggages. I would strongly suggest that you bring something to keep warm ( nothing excessive such as a winter coat ) in case we have some fresh evenings during the gathering.

Actually the last few days have been great with about 25 C (77F) ( almost no humidity ) but we've got two fresh evenings in a row, and fresh enough for making short sleeve shirts uncomfortable. The weather forecast expected ( at this moment ) showed we'll have a few days around 21C-22C ( 70-72F), which might mean those days will have fresh evenings ( around 14C or 57F or a bit lower ).

I'll post a more accurate weather forecast this coming Monday and update this topic, however take note a weather forecast for a week in advance ( or almost ) isn't always precise...and guess you all know that by now.  ::)

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: Weather Forecast /Fresh evenings ( Montreal )
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 12:40:25 pm »
Turn up the darn temperature!   >:(

If I wanted "fresh" I'd stay in the Pac NW

RAB

(Who expects the Ambassadors to address this matter quickly!   :P)

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:52:29 pm »
Turn up the darn temperature!  

No Sireeeeeeeeeeee....I prefer it to be cooler..You have no idea how much I hate hot weather..I'm perfectly ok with PAC NW kind of weather.  ;D

Take note it can change quickly over here..what is expected now for this coming week might be totally different in 3-4 days.  ???

Regards,

The Canuck
(Who's addressing the matter quickly...but out of his control anyway)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 01:27:43 pm »
I am personally quite relieved that it may be a little cooler. I sweat embarrassingly in anything more than 70degrees F.
I consider 50's and 60's shirt sleeve weather.
Amen Claude. ;D :P
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 01:29:30 pm »
No sweats Lisa !  ;)

The Canuck

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 01:33:51 pm »
I don't give a damn what the weather is, I am going to have a ball no matter what.  If it is too hot, Lisa and I will be sipping cocktails by the pool.  So there!!!

Thanks for the weather "foreeeeeecast" Claude, but I see a warm front moving your direction from Minnesota, so we will see.  Our weather here has been so beautiful, I am just plain happy this year.  Days in the high 80's and nights in the low 70's, with afternoon showers to cool you off for the evening every day.             Paradise!

In Anticipation,

Now I have to get back to making that leather and brocade basket cover for the scooter.  I hate wire baskets!!!!!!!!
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 02:16:53 pm »
Thanks Canuck...Definitely a Word to the Wise.  I remember my trip to San Francisco and how warm
they said it was....  Yeah, right.  I wore a sweater the whole time.   I hate surprises!
But considering how hot it is down here...and the terrible humidity cool sounds good :)
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 02:19:20 pm »
You're welcome David ! I doubt you'll be needing a sweater during the day but for a few evenings it's not impossible...better be safe than sorry.... ::)

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 03:17:55 pm »
I did the same thing David -- went to San Francisco and took all summer clothes, and about FROZE to death.   Thank goodness I had packed one sweatshirt, and it got more wear than anything.

Right now, to me, COOL weather sounds like a blessing.   It is so hot here, it is literally making me sick to my stomach.   You know how when your car has sat out in the sun all day, and you get in it to go home....and it's like being inside an oven?  Well,  I'm done!   Ready for some cooler temperatures.

Hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 03:28:19 pm »
Alan,

One thing for sure...even if we have hot weather during the gathering it won't be anywhere near what you have in the South...believe me I know as I experienced the Southern States in late July / August. I thought I would never survive to this...opening the door of the hotel to go outside was just like someone opened a jack knife and slashed your face with it.  :o  :-\

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 05:02:55 pm »
Hello Y'all,

It seems the weather forecast tendency has changed again and appears to be we'll have hotter temperatures than expected.  :(

The worst day will be on August 19th with 30C (86F) and the 18th & 20th around the same. It'll be cloudy all week and rain is expected on the 21st. The coolest day of the week will be on the 15th & 16th.

As mentioned at the beginning of this topic, it might turn out to be quite different when I'll do the last check on Monday.

Regards,

The Canuck
( Mr. Weather Forecast )

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 05:40:33 pm »
Hi Mr. Weatherman....

Good job on the weather reports to us! Out here in California, we're heatin' up again...so anything below 100 degrees is going to be a nice change!

I'm bringing a few long sleeved items, and long pants, just in case 'our' evenings drop into the 50's.

BTW, any success on how to bring the kitty?? He could be our AM mascot, er, mas-cat!! ;D

Appreciate all you do, Claude!

8 days and counting,

Zephie
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 05:51:45 pm »

Interesting, very interesting!

RAB said:

(Who expects the Ambassadors to address this matter quickly! 

And now Canuck is saying:

It seems the weather forecast tendency has changed again and appears to be we'll have hotter temperatures than expected

Everything is right with the world afterall!  (He He He  :D)

RAB

(Who likes it when he gets his way!   ;D)

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 05:55:38 pm »
RAB

(Who likes it when he gets his way!

It's not over until it's over...let's wait for the last weather forecast before shouting for victory...it might get hotter ( hope not ) or cooler ( hope to ).  8)

Zephyr...the problem is that the kitty on the pic isn't my kitty...I have one but he doesn't enjoy ride at all since he never goes out from the house excepted for seeing the vet.

Only 6 days and counting....

The Canuck

Offline David_CA

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 10:05:53 am »
Maybe this'll help with the weather forecast questions: http://www.weatherunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=montreal+quebec.  You can search historical weather conditions for specific days to get an idea of what it may be like on any date.  It's just a week away... I can't believe it!

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline greatcyber

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 12:15:51 pm »
Hallelujah!  I read with excited tredpidation, the weather report for Montreal and the past few days have been jubilously advising Joe that it has been in the 70s during the day and the 50s at night!  OMG, I cannot wait for this heavenly change from the furnace of hell in south Florida.  And a chance to hear oui, oui instead of si, si is more than I can stand.  Sorry Rocky, I know you are anxious for a change in weather, maybe you should have voted to meet in Mexico LOL.

Truly looking forward to next week, only now will change my suitcase to include long pants and long sleves along with shorts and tees.  Lets see, heavyweight or lightweight kilts...such a dilemma.  And to add to our bliss, Joe received his Canadian birth certificate by courier this morning.  One step closer.

Will I be unhappy with cooler weather or even a little rain, nah.  Can't wait for my first croque pour dejuner...yummmmm!

BTW, I just wanted to share with you guyz that my mother, who remarried at 69 at the same time Joe and I got together 6 years ago has just published her first novel!  It's a work of fictionalized history including bits of our anscestors in upper New York State as well as battles of the Civil War as chronicled by a 20 year old and and 18 year old who were thrust into fighting for the Union forces.  She vividly takes you on a journey that raises 'goose bumps' when you read how tender and personal it is for the characters.  Man, am I proud of her for doing this.  It even includes psychic and parnanormal activity that carries the protagonist back in time 200 years and creates an unusual paradox.  For a glimpse, visit her website at:  www.dahrisclair.com, and read an excerpt.  It just goes to show you, you're never too old to follow your dream and reach for the stars.

See you all in less than a week.  Stephen
Perform a Random Act of Kindness Today...

...You Just May Be In Need of One Tomorrow!

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 12:41:46 pm »
Hello Stephen,

Oui Stephen...I can certainly imagine it must be the furnace of hell in South Florida at this time of year, and don't envy one bit the Southerners at this time of year.

This is GREAT to read Joe received his birth certificate and I'm sure he's EXTREMELY HAPPY with this, and possibly you too as well.

You should be very proud of your mom ( by the way she looks great for her age ), and indeed this is never too late to follow your dreams. I wish her success with her new book. I went through the site very fast but will check it out further later today.

See ya' soon guys...

The Canuck

Offline Trish

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 02:10:03 pm »
Hello Stephen,

I can't wait to see you again.  I really enjoyed our time together in Toronto... and I'd like to know more about your mom and fulfilling her dream.  That's wonderful and it inspires me more than you know.  Thanks for sharing your news.  Please be sure to tell your mom that I will buy her book.  Just one thing, I want it autographed.  I'm working on a collection of autographed novels.  I have one from Keith Boykin, Malachy McCort, Mary Higgins Clark, Jeanette Walls (her first novel) and Meg Wolten or Wollen (a new writer) or something like that.  We'll talk, I'm getting off track...

I just wanted to say hello and see ya next week.

Love,

Trish :-*
(who thinks that Stephen should tell Trish what the surprise is...pretty please. ;D :) ;))
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline greatcyber

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 06:57:19 pm »
Thanks Claude and Trish for checking out my mom's site.  As it happens, a friend of hers died two days ago and she will be visiting us from Sunday until we leave on Wednesday.  Trish, I'll make sure to have her autograph a book for you and will bring it with me.  I believe there is another portion to my mom's site that has about 30 reviews, so I'll find out what it is and let ya'll know.

As for the weather, pooh on it going back into the 80s.  Dang.  But sipping cocktails by the pool?  Certainly not at the hotel...I believe the pool is indoors.  However, there is a small pool on the top floor deck (3rd floor) at the Sky Pub.  So that sounds like a winner.  There's also a fountain a few blocks from there by a huge park that we can splash around in like kids.  :)

Naughty, naughty Trish.  I don't think I can fess up about the Star Chambre (see, looks French, no?).  You'll just have to wait like a little longer.  Think harder...
Perform a Random Act of Kindness Today...

...You Just May Be In Need of One Tomorrow!

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 07:16:08 pm »
Trish,

Be warned, your attempts to subvert our members will be met with swift retribution.  We guarantee you will never see it coming.

The Star Chamber Enforcer

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 07:29:54 pm »
But sipping cocktails by the pool?  Certainly not at the hotel...I believe the pool is indoors.

For those of us with near-albino skin, an indoor pool is the only place you'll catch us sipping a cocktail :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 03:42:14 pm »
Day         15    16    17    18     19
T. MAX.   24°C 22°C 23°C 27°C 27°C
T. MIN.    16°C 15°C 11°C 11°C 16°C

T. Max.    75 F  72 F  73 F  81 F  81 F
T. Min.     61 F  59 F  52 F  52 F  61 F
15 : rain / probability 30%
16 : cloudy with some sun
17 : sunny with some clouds
18 : sunny with some clouds
19 : rain / probability 90%

I will update it this coming Monday.

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2006, 12:18:28 am »
Thanks Canuck!!

The weather report looks GRAND!!

But the 90% chance of rain might mean not a good day for the Botanic Garden :(

We'll see!

Zephie
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 12:21:05 am »
Zephyr,

You're welcome ! It looks good in general.

But the 90% chance of rain might mean not a good day for the Botanic Garden

This may change though as weather forecast for a week in advance aren't necessarily very precise.

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 12:27:40 pm »
It seems we might have a break for the 19th as the probabilities for rain has dropped to 10% and only clouds are expected now. A few temperatures have dropped for the max. but raised somewhat for the min.  ;D

Day         15    16    17    18     19
T. MAX.   23°C 22°C 23°C 24°C 27°C
T. MIN.    18°C 17°C 15°C 15°C 15°C

T. Max.    73 F  72 F  73 F  75 F  81 F
T. Min.     65 F  63 F  59 F  59 F  59 F

15 : rain / probability 40%
16 : cloudy with some sun
18 : sunny with some clouds
19 : sunny with clouds / probability for rain 10%

Overall it looks like we will have a very niice week, not too hot..and neither too cold. I will update it this coming Monday.

Regards,

The Canuck
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 10:14:30 pm by The Canuck »

Offline Basquo

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2006, 09:05:19 pm »
HOORAY for fair weather!  anything beats the hot and humid Central Texas  weather...almost.

Here's my theme song for Montreal:

http://www.behaviormusic.com/music/OldNavy/ClapShakeJump.mp3

Offline terpie82

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2006, 01:43:13 pm »
I dunno, it seems like there's an unknown force that is contributing to this wonderful weather that is to be expected in Montreal...just for us! :) I personally think temperatures in the 70s-low 80s is great and the low humidity is even better. During cooler temperatures, we can always bundle up but hotter weather may entail some removal of clothing :o yet we'd still be hot. Thanks Canuck for the update and now I can start packing. Hmm, G-string, speedos, jock...oops, did I say that out loud? hehe, can't wait to meet each and every one of you  :-*
Diagnosed in 2003
UD since 2004 and >35%
Three-month treatment interruption for NIH study and back on Stribild 1/8/16

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 02:23:15 pm »
This will be the last weather forecast before I leave tomorrow (before noon). It really looks like we'll have a great week weather wise.

Day         15    16    17    18     19      20
T. MAX.   24°C 23°C 25°C 25°C 25°C  23C
T. MIN.    18°C 13°C 13°C 14°C 16°C  15C

T. Max.    75 F  73 F  77 F  77 F  77 F  73 F
T. Min.     65 F  55 F  55 F  57 F  61 F  59 F

15 : cloudy / probability for rain 30%
16 : cloudy / probability for rain 30%
18 : cloudy with some clouds / probability for rain 40%
19 : sunny
20 : cloudy / probability for rain 20%

Quebec City ( August 20 ) :  22 C ( 72 F ) : cloudy / rain with possible thunderstorm / 60%  ( this one isn't too good and will check this week on TV how it goes there ).

Overall it looks good for Montreal ( not too hot makes a Canuck very happy ), the rain possibilities are rather low so we might only have a few drops here and there.

See y'all soon in Montreal...in the meantime have a safe trip...

The Canuck

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 02:24:49 pm »
Our weather here in S. Hell is 93 with 99% humidity.  The air is so heavy that you can drink it, so anything cooler and with less humidity will be fine with us.

Claude, Safe journey.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 05:59:41 pm »
Canuck...The weather sounds great.  You should be a weather man...WOW! :o

And Trish...perhaps you should "suggest" what type of PIE you like.... ::)
And what kind of pie looks good ON YOU! :o
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2006, 09:36:56 am »
Hello y'all,

Not making a full report but would like to mention it'll be in the low 80s on the 18th & 19th instead of 77F. Since the evenings are in the high 50s- low 60s we can't expect to have an uncomfortable high humidity level.

It really looks good overall.  :D

Regards,

The Canuck
(Who has just resigned his weather man job...it was his last report )  ;D

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2006, 10:33:04 am »
 ;D
Hey guys
I happened to be reading the website yesterday and clicked on forums on a whim and read about the gathering.  I'd like to come, but i realize it's a bit last minute.  Whom should I contact?  There are rooms at the hotel so that's no prob.  I'd just like to let someone know I'd like to attend.
Ernie

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2006, 11:21:40 am »
Ernie,

All you need to do is be there.  We will welcome you with open arms and huge hearts.  Some of our group have already arrived in Montreal, so I understand.  We hope to see you there too.

Regards, Ric

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.