Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:48:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 227
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV , in my mind? Or in my body?  (Read 30039 times)

Offline justjazzy

HIV , in my mind? Or in my body?
« on: December 30, 2009, 05:06:41 pm »
Hello, and Happy New Years Forum.  I am a 19 year old woman obsessed, afraid and convinced I have HIV. My story is somewhat long and complicated, and I appreciate you for taking the time to read and help me.
It all began on May 9th, 2009 . I was vacationing in Trinidad, and we were celebrating our depature that night. I got extremely drunk, and wound up engaging in two instances of unprotected vaginal intercourse with a "rasta" I befriended during my short time there. I did not immediatley think of the consequenses and risks I subjected myself to from these actions.

It took me 6 months later, in November 2009 after watching an HIV special on television to wake up and realize my stupidity. I knew my last sexual encounter was May 9th, in Trinidad and unprotected. I became petrified. I went to Planned Parenthood Nov. 12 for a papsmear/gyno check. I was checked for chlyamdia, gonnoreah, hpv. Negative.  I decided to hold off on the HIV test, wanting to put myself sometime past 6 Months. So on November 21, I returned to PP and got a  rapid test ; Oraquick rapid Finger prick. It was negative.  I was not relieved, as my diarreah persisted, loss of appetite. Fatigue. I Felt horrible. To make matters worse, I called the guy from Trinidad and asked him straight out. Do you have HIV? He was extremely shaky and quiet , and said he hadnt been tested in a while.
That I should go. I told him I did, and it was negative.  He said he didnt believe me. I just hung up..

I tested again Dec.1st , 2009 at a random clinic. Stat Pak 1/2 rapid, negative. The tester told me I was testing too close to my last test, and should get blood work done. I told her my exposure was in May....she told me antibodies take different times to appear for different people. I went the same day for blood work , to screen for HIV , HepC&B, Hsv1&2. It was done through Quest Diagnosis. The results came back Dec.8 ,I had to go to my doctor because she said she could not disclose results on the phone. Bad sign...

My results were negative for, as she put it "Stds that can kill you" but I was diagnosed with Herpes; HSV1&2. 
This was a complete shock to me. As i never had any outbreaks ever. My doctor also disclosed that my  vitamin D is extremely, extremely low.  I know vitamin d plays a role on antibody production. I was also weighed at 129, when on Nov. 12 I was weighed at 140 at Planned Parenthood. 11lbs in less than a month? No way. I immediatley freaked out, thinking my extremely low vitamin D and herpes could be causing a delayed antibody response and I could have HIV and it just not showing up.   My doctor said it was a possibilty, and sent me for a HIv Pcr by Rna.  This was Dec. 8, and i was told because its a more distinctive test it would take longer. So I was shocked when my doctor called me two days later. Dec 10th , non reactive rna.

Ok. I have been feeling extremely strange still. Itøching all over despite bath after bath, with red mosquito like bumps appearing in random places.my hands and feet tingle, my muscles get tight and weak, my appetite is still gone and i still have very loose stools. The other day while out to eat, i caught extremely bad heartburn.
Last week, I finally got the courage to have  intercourse again after a long 7 months. It was protected, of course  and brief...no ejaculation , but he was soft and i dont know if the condom slid. Also i feel shitty because  i didnt tell him about my hsv2. I just feel awful...i miss my appetite, and feel certain I have HIV....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: HIV , in my mind? Or in my body?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 06:23:20 pm »
Jazzy,

The window period for hiv testing is three months and has been for years now. You are conclusively hiv negative. If you feel unwell, see a doctor. Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with hiv and you might be missing something important in your focus on hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 06:49:52 pm »
Thanks Ann, however I was reading some of the stories in "I Just Test Poz" and came across a thread where a guy said his initial tests four months after exposure were neg, and then he tested pos at 6. he insisted he didnt have any other exposure. Is it truly impossible? Im also haunted by the story of the four health care workers who were negative at 6 and positive at  a year. I have low vitamin D, sickle cell trait , and mild psorasis
..is there anything that delays antibody production?? Anything?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 06:56:46 pm »
You have 64 posts in another forum counting the Doctor's replies which have all told you that you test was conclusive and you don't have HIV. It's time for you to seek professional help and move on.

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 07:06:50 pm »
I am actually in counseling. It hasnt helped, the possibilty that one could test positive at a year mark...as long as that possibility exists, so will my anxiety

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 07:15:11 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situationwill be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 07:31:57 pm »
You are HIV negative. Period. Yours is an emotional problem and has no basis in HIV science. We can't help you with that. You need to see a counselor or other professional and discuss what this is about for you.

I can tell you that you aren't going to be permitted to keep returning with more what ifs that have no basis in serious HIV science. You're very quickly going to find yourself getting a 28 day Time Out from the site. Consider yourself warned. Yours is NOT an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 08:25:32 pm »
So there is no way antbodies would not have appeared at 6 (almost 7) months?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 08:33:50 pm »
Not from the exposure you have a conclusive test result on.

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 09:20:49 pm »
i havent had any other exposure , i finally had sex last week after all this but it was protected . Now i am concerned because he was not very erect and now im afraid the condom might have been slipping. This is probably not a logical fear either im sure
sigh

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 09:28:36 pm »
You've earned yourself a time out.

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 09:39:30 pm »
a timeout for replying to what you wrote?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 09:42:39 pm »
We're done with this conversation.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 08:57:58 am »
Your lastest concern is another What If and has no basis in HIV science. As you seem to have some awareness about it, you need to get the help of a counselor or other professional about your HIV concerns. We can't address that in this setting.

If you continue to return with more of these emotionally-dirven non-risk scenarios, you will get that 28 day Time Out which Rod has warned you about.

This is not an HIV situation and we can't help you any further here.
Andy Velez

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 10:17:48 pm »
I know my latest concern was no risk, what I do not know is if i should test further because of my syptomms are persisting. I know i tested neg at 6 months, but i feel something is amiss. How can i be so trustworthy i fit the window period statistics...

i know this will warrant me a time out, however andy i just wish someone could explain exactly  why the 3 month windowcis conclusive no matter what?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 11:10:55 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situationwill be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 12:39:15 am »
JJ,

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV.

Go to your doctor to find out what, if anything, is going on. Whatever it is, it is NOT hiv. You have ruled hiv conclusively out of the picture.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around you time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 03:18:20 pm »
I have tried so hard to stay off of these websites and forums, I know that I abused them in the past and consequently everytime I post in them ppl seem to think it is regarding the same exposure that I had back in May 09, and tested negative definitively thereafter. But it is not about that. In January, I had protected sex with my ex boyfriend, but I grew tired and made him stop. He removed the condom and we engaged in oral, as well as frottage. During the said frottage, he unexpectedly "dipped" into me without a condom. I pulled right away from him, but alas...my HIV anxiety was re-awakened with new fury. I tried to get this risk assessed after this incident on Medhelp, but my post was deleted. I think because moderators were under the impression I was still inquiring about my previously conclusive negative. But what I want to know is...was the above mentioned incident (the unprotected "dip", which is literally what it can best be described as) a risk? Shortly after this incident in January, I acquired a yeast infection but only very recently got it properly diagnosed, at a Planned Parenthood. Before last week I had no idea what was going on as I have been experiencing clear (sometimes white and milk looking) discharge since January, but just associated it with hormone changes. When I went to Planned Parenthood last week, they told me it was a yeast and prescribed me a Miconazole nitrate cream to use for 7 days. Much to my upset, I punctured a hole in the nitrate cream on the second night and was forced to dispose of it . The pharmacy would not allow me to get another one even after only two days, as I had no more refills. So I opted for Monistat 7. Today makes 8 days since I began using it, and I still have the yeast/discharge. I am so afraid as I never had a yeast infection before, not to mention the medicine clearly states it was supposed to be over by the 7th day, and to see your doctor if not. Also there was a lot of information on how yeast infections were very common in acute HIV infection. I went for another HIV test on March 9th, 2009. And I was negative. That makes 10 months post my original exposure that I posted about here, and 7 weeks since this "dip" incident with my ex boyfriend. Given this information, do you think I should test again at 13 weeks? Or is it still impossible that I was infected from this incident? Thanks in advance.

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 03:23:57 pm »
march 9, 2010* last hiv test. 7 weeks and two days after the "dip" or few second penetration, on january 17th, 2010

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 04:37:50 pm »
The average time to seroconversion if it is going to happen is 22 days. All but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure. Your risk was low low low to begin with in this latest incdient. It is highly unlikely that you will get other than another negative result at 13 weeks.

With your proclivity to obsess about HIV, you need to make a concerted effort to focus on other matters in your life while waiting to test again. Don't bother saying you're too obsessive or worried to do that. I can tell you that response won't fly here.

I expect you to continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 07:47:59 pm »
Ok, Andy....I intend on re-testing April 17th, which  will make 3 calendar months. The test I took at the 7 week mark (on March 9) was via a Stat-Pak 1/2 . When you say "all but the smallest" in 4-6 weeks, is this for any standard antibody test, or? I was beginning to find comfort in my 7 weeks test, but with this yeast that wont seem to respond to anything, and the fact it was a rapid test like Stat-Pak, well I don't know.

Combined with  my low risk, and 7 weeks negative, I will try to relax for a while. Thanks, for the reassurance

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 07:55:31 am »
You took a legitimate, approved test. I continue to expect you to test negative when you re-test. Considering your history here I am not going to get into the minutae of your symptoms again or any other minutae.

Get on with other things while  you are waiting to test.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:50:58 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 07:05:29 pm »
As the time gets closer to my 3 months mark, I am becoming increasingly anxious. My ex, who is the guy in question and I got into a heated argument over something (not having to do with any of this) in which he ended off by saying that I am dead to him, and to "have fun dying slow". I don't think he meant it in the context I'm sure you know taking it in, but the fact remains it did  add  fuel to my anxiety. Along with  the fact that I have been having this said "yeast' problem since January now, it is mind boggling me how this  can be or even if it is truly a yeast like I was told by the planned parenthood a couple weeks ago, because I am experiencing no irritation or itchyness, simply a discharge that is clear. They diagnosed it as a yeast, but it did not respond to the 7-day treatment.,

Andy/Ann, are there any factors you know of tjo cause a,negative test done at 7 weeks to turn pos at 13? I read over and over it is highly unlikely, but how unlikely is unlikely, if you may? I also read it only occurs in people such as iv drug users, or cancer patients going through chemo...is this true?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 07:58:18 pm »
I am a 19 year old female who had unprotected sex with a guy while on vacation in Trinidad on May 9th, 2009. November 23rd, 2009 I went to Planned Parenthood and got an OraQuick fingerprick ; the result negative.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 08:19:03 pm »
Im not posting here in regards to that incident in any way....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 08:24:44 pm »
Im not posting here in regards to that incident in any way....
As the time gets closer to my 3 months mark, I am becoming increasingly anxious. My ex, who is the guy in question and I got into a heated argument over something (not having to do with any of this) in which he ended off by saying that I am dead to him, and to "have fun dying slow". I don't think he meant it in the context I'm sure you know taking it in, but the fact remains it did  add  fuel to my anxiety. Along with  the fact that I have been having this said "yeast' problem since January now, it is mind boggling me how this  can be or even if it is truly a yeast like I was told by the planned parenthood a couple weeks ago, because I am experiencing no irritation or itchyness, simply a discharge that is clear. They diagnosed it as a yeast, but it did not respond to the 7-day treatment.,

Andy/Ann, are there any factors you know of tjo cause a,negative test done at 7 weeks to turn pos at 13? I read over and over it is highly unlikely, but how unlikely is unlikely, if you may? I also read it only occurs in people such as iv drug users, or cancer patients going through chemo...is this true?

You've already had a conclusive test result and now you are saying you are getting close to your 3 month mark? Do the math and move on with seeking professional mental help.

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 08:32:12 pm »
rapidrod, i am talking about a new risk that occured on jan 17

from that incident, i have only a 7 week,negative

april 17 will,make 3 months

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 08:37:04 pm »
There has to be something seriously wrong for you to put yourself back at risk and going back through all these anxiety issues.

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 08:57:38 pm »
I did not intend for it to happen that way, Rapid. I used a condom however there was also a moment of frottage in which my partner unexpectedly "dipped" into me without a condom and I immediatley pulled away from him. I know this is a low risk, but still a risk nontheless so I tested at 7 weeks negative but was just wondering how unlikely that is to change...

sigh...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 09:53:32 pm »
It is very unlikely to change to positive after a negative at 7 weeks. The average time to seroconversion is 22 days.

I'm also going to tell you that we're not going to keep your company repeatedly with your anxious questions during the remaining t6 weeks until you test again. You had a very low level risk to begin with and with your recent negative result you are all but guaranteed another negative result in a few weeks.

Meantime get on with your life or you will find yourself spending that time with a Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 08:40:11 am »
I understand that it is in no way your duty to keep me company, Andy, and I thank you sincerely for all the information/help you have given me. I have been known to let my anxiety get the best of me so I will move on in the hopes that the next 10 days will go by fast, however I did wish you could clarify on one last thing.

Who is 'all but the smallest'? Are these all immuno-compromised individuals? I ask because, back in December I was diagnosed with HSV2 and although to my knowledge, I've never had an outbreak, it's my understanding that your immune system is weakened due to HSV2? Would this by any chance outweigh my odds, and put me in the 'all but the very smallest' group? Who exactly are such individuals, as you have seen...if I may ask just that last question to get me through the remaining two weeks..

I promise not to bombard you with anymore questions until I get my result.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 09:24:24 am »
Having HSV2 would not affect the accuracy of your test result nor would it slow the response to seroconvert.

You need to make a real effort to focus on other areas of your life during your remaining waiting time. Your risk was virtually nil to begin with this time and I do expect you to continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 09:29:46 am »
Thank you, Andy.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 09:30:58 am »
You're welcome.
Andy Velez

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 08:23:32 pm »
Hey there Andy, I am planning on going for testing tomorrow , four days shy of the 3 (calendar) month mark. Would you recommend I wait the four days out, would it make a difference, or would going tomorrow be acceptable?
 Thanks again, for all your insight thus far.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 09:38:40 pm »
No, those few days would not make a difference.

BUT, if after you get the negative result I expect that you'll receive, are you then going to continue wondering if those few days DID make a difference in getting an accurate result?

If so, wait and do it at a full three months because it would be good to avoid doing anything that will make you doubt the validity of a negative result.

I can tell you this for sure. Once you have that negative result, if you return again with more what ifs you are going to find yourself very quickly getting a Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2010, 09:56:43 pm »
no Andy, I will not doubt the test because I was a few days shy. I am so ready to be done with this obsession....

I hope to meet your expectations of a negative tomorrow. Have you ever seen anyone test positive after a seven (really 7.5 weeks negative as it was a neg at 52 days)?

I will return tomorrow, hopefully for the last time?

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2010, 06:29:18 pm »
Andy, I am so relieved to have had met your all your expectations today, and received another negative result 3.5 days short of the 3 months mark; thus making me conclusive? This forum is a wonderful service and you have been an extreme help to me, I only wish the counselors at the clinics around me were as educated and resourceful. I intend to put this and months and months worth of HIV anxiety to rest, and get myself back into counseling.  Thank you.

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 11:46:55 am »
Somehow yet and still I find my way back here. I just need one lasting confusion cleared up. Being that my test was 86 days post exposure negative, am I conclusive by the USA'S standards? This 12 week-13 week issue is driving me up the wall. Can I boastfully say I am conclusive at 86 days? Clinics keep telling me I should have tested after 90, also I heard from another source that the Stat-Pak 1/2 test was not as reliable as Oraquick or a standard Elisa. Which confused me, because I thought all rapid antibody tests were Elisa?

If you will, Andy or Ann...

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 12:12:33 pm »
You are reliably HIV negative. Wear a condom for anal and vaginal intercourse to avoid HIV infection.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2010, 02:15:21 pm »
But is it not true that 12 weeks is the conclusive standard for every country BUT the U.S.? I live in the states, so with that said is it true I can't call myself conclusive because the test was done at 86 days and not 13 weeks? I can find no clear cut answer from clinics. My risk took place 1/17/10 and I tested 4/13/10 with a negative result. That is 12.5 weeks here in the U.S...not 13,  but I was not under the impression virus read calendar? Should I retest?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 03:13:18 pm »
No you don't need to retest.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2010, 05:51:32 pm »
You do not need to re-test. You are HIV negative. We're not going to get into quibbling about a few days difference for your result. In fact I cauitioned you about not doing it a few days earlier because I thought exactly this would happen, that you would test negative and then start worrying.

But we're not going that route with you. You are HIV negative. And I am giving you the Time Out you were warned about. This one is for 56 days. Get yourself some professional help so that you don't continue to waste your life worrying unnecessarily. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around the ban by creating a new name. We'll spot that right off and it will get you permanently banned.

Get on with your life and get some professonal help to do that.
Andy Velez

Offline justjazzy

AN UPDATE...Andy/Ann...going crazy again. I'm sorry
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010, 08:59:51 pm »
I haven't been back here for a while due to the last time-out Andy had given me, as well as trying to move on with my life since my last test and risk (i.e the risk that took place 1/17/10 and my last test was 4/13/10).  I was doing fine for a while, but I admit it's hard not to think I still have the virus due to a PERSISTENT yeast infection that I have had since January. It doesn't go away no matter what I try, which is beginning to disturb me as every where I turn for help about it, I've been asked if I have tested for HIV as recurring yeast infections are a common symptom of it in women. I keep trying to convince myself that my test on April 13th was CONCLUSIVE, as you all say here it was. But being that I was almost 5 days short of 13 WEEKS, I wonder if I tested to early after all and that the yeast won't go away because I may be infected.

I haven't had intercourse SINCE that day in January, as I am still wondering if I should test again. I would hope to know once in for all if the 12 week/13 week issue is truly irrelevant. I search article after article, sometimes I see people saying it doesn't matter while others say it is "highly unlikely" it could change. I would TRULY prefer not to test again, so I guess what I want to know from you guys is...do you think that since I am still experiencing this yeast infection (SINCE JANUARY), I do need to test again? Even though I was negative at 12 weeks and 2 days, via a Clearview rapid. I am all shakes and quivers right now as I saw a comment on a post from this guy saying he was negative at 83 days and positive by 90!? That is very startling, if true. Since once again, my test was at least 5 days short of 91 days....

I know you are all sick of me and I'm SURE I'll be banned...but I need to know. Is this yeast from something else, that I should be concerned about...or do I warrant another test?

Thanks much.

ps...I forgot to mention that I am still on speaking terms with the partner in question from back in January. One day a couple of weeks ago, he told me he had a very bad throat, and that he had horrible chills even though it was hot outside. Later that night I called to see if he was feeling any better....he said he was then experiencing a headache and sweating. Those symptoms of his startled me as well.

...But yeah, am I negative? Really? 12 weeks and 2 days post....(1/17/10 - 4/13/10) signing out...

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2010, 01:04:59 am »
12 weeks is sufficient. You are HIV negative.

Move on, kiddo.

MtD

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2010, 01:34:17 am »
Thanks Matt..guess I'm just concerned because of this yeast issue (sorry if too much info!) and the fact that 12 weeks is sufficient everywhere else but the States? They say here it's 13.

Blahh..I don't know. Thanks.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2010, 01:38:31 am »
Thanks Matt..guess I'm just concerned because of this yeast issue (sorry if too much info!) and the fact that 12 weeks is sufficient everywhere else but the States? They say here it's 13.

Blahh..I don't know. Thanks.

The 12 or 13 week thing is about how calendar days are counted in different places (90 / 7 == 12.85).

In the US they call that 13 weeks, in Australia, the UK, Europe et al they call it 12 weeks. It's the same damn thing.

You're good to go.

MtD

Offline justjazzy

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 06:43:13 am »
So what you are saying is 12 weeks vs 13 bears no difference as far as  testing, although it does on the calender. Going by the calander, then, my exposure (1/17/10) and negative result (4/13/10) was two days past 12 weeks and 5 days short of 13. So the yeast infection that I obtained shortly after my risk, that hasnt gone away SINCE then has nothing to do with HIV being that I tested negative at 86 days?

Cus its driving me crazy. The woman at my Planned Parenthood assures me that were this yeast infection due to HIV I would have tested pos on my last test back in April. Would it be safe to say she's right?

Should I retest since I still have the yeast although I was neg at 86 days?

I hate to be a nuisance, but after seeing some dude's comment on another post claiming he was neg at 83 days and pos at 90 (im still hoping i just read it wrong)....Im utterly worried abouf my 86 day result.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2010, 07:20:41 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:23:55 am by RapidRod »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 08:46:50 am »
You re HIV negative. You can re-test if you insist doing that strictly for your peace of mind.

We are not going to indulge you in another round of what ifs and handwringing over this issue.

If you come back with more of the same you are going to get another Time Out. Consider yourself warned. You are worrying needlessly. I suggest you get some professional help to deal with your concern. That is something we cannot address in this setting.

HIV is not your issue whether you believe it or not.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.