Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:59:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 310
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 110
Total: 111

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: nipple sucked and sore, possible HIV infection?  (Read 51151 times)

Offline aliceworried

nipple sucked and sore, possible HIV infection?
« on: February 15, 2009, 06:55:12 pm »
Hi there:

Find this forum on the internet and feel it very informative. Just want to ask if i need to worry about my encounter. A guy sucked, licked and rubbed my nipples. We didn't do anything else except the nipple sucking, licking and some hugging. We were both topless at that time. Right after the event, I had bad sore on both of my nipples (due to rubbing or sucking). The sores disappeared and the nipple skin went back to normal brown color half day later though. Right after the event, I immediately went to toilet to check out my nipples. I didn't observe any blood on my nipples. But I could see it was having a bit of moisture if I see them carefully.It was probably sweat but also possible be some discharge from the nipple skin?if it were some discharge from the nipple skin, does it mean i had broken skin/open cuts on my nipples due to the licking,sucking or rubbing by the guy?If this is the case, will I get HIV if the guy was having bleeding gum/ulcer in his mouth while licking and sucking my nipples? 

I read the forum and understand 1)HIV infection happens inside human body 2) skin is a very effective barrier. But now my doubts are 1) if my nipples are inside his mouth, it is indeed inside human body, right? 2) if the discharge from the nipples skin indicates a open cut, that part of the skin will not be an effective barrier to HIV inside his mouth any more, right?

Appreciate your reply badly as I am really concerned.

thank you.

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
Re: nipple sucked and sore, possible HIV infection?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:01:07 pm »
HIV doesn't exist in saliva, so even if they had HIV - you don't get it that way.

Nothing you describe put you at risk for HIV. Please re-read the lessons section on HIV transmission.

R
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 07:06:08 pm »
HIV doesn't exist in saliva, so even if they had HIV - you don't get it that way.

Nothing you describe put you at risk for HIV. Please re-read the lessons section on HIV transmission.

R

many thanks for your reply. What if there was blood in his saliva due to bleeding gum or ulcer? do you mean any infectious fulid mixing with saliva will become not infectious anymore?

any comments from others?

deeply appreciate your help,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 08:29:46 pm »
Bleeding or not and even if he had nipped your nipple, it still wouldn't have been a risk. No one has ever become infected by having their nipple sucked. It's safe to say you won't make history by becoming the first.

Period. You are worrying needlessly.
Andy Velez

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 09:23:15 pm »
Hi, Andy. thanks for the answer. I feel more assured now.However, could I in the meanwhile to get a straight explanation on why if there is blood in the saliva due to whatever reason could not infect me through the sore nipple when nipples were in his mouth? thank you so much!!

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 09:25:53 pm »
Because there are things in saliva that inactivate pathogens, such as HIV.
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 08:22:26 pm »
thank you all so much for your kind replies. however, i noticed that both of my nipples got one thin layer of skin peeled off today. It is light brown color and trasparent. This is 2 days after the encounter with the guy. I got two more questions:

1)Does this peel-off skin on the nipples indicate a broken skin at the time of the event?

2) If it is indeed a broken skin on my nipples, do i still not need to worry at all even my nipples were having broken skin and in his mouth which might contain any blood if he had bleeding gum/ulcer?

I really become a bit panic after i saw the peeling skin from my nipples..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 08:50:39 pm »
Still not a risk for HIV transmission and won't be no matter what additional spin your mind comes up with.

Unless you are a nursing newborn whose immunity has not kicked in and the mother is HIV+, sucking, nipping, bitting and otherwise mouthing nipples is not a risk for HIV transmission. So give it a rest.

Really.
Andy Velez

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 09:07:24 pm »

Still not a risk for HIV transmission and won't be no matter what additional spin your mind comes up with.

Unless you are a nursing newborn whose immunity has not kicked in and the mother is HIV+, sucking, nipping, bitting and otherwise mouthing nipples is not a risk for HIV transmission. So give it a rest.

Really.

Hi, Andy:

appreciate your firm and quick reply. but just want to clarify that I am the reciever of the nipple sucking. so your example of new born baby wasn't really applicable on me as it implies the new born baby who suck the nipple could be at risk.

apologies for being a bit particular over this..i just want to make sure I don't need a test at all.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 04:37:26 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 07:40:17 am »
Thanks for the clarification.

Absolutely a no-risk situation. Period. You are worrying needlessly.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 09:41:25 am »
Alice,

Thought you might like input from a woman. I totally agree with the guys that you were NOT at risk for hiv infection while having your nipples sucked. The peeling skin on your nipples is likely due to you not being used to having your nipples sucked and rubbed. I remember this happened to me once when I was a young woman. It's nothing to worry about.

Along with reading the Transmission Lesson linked to in our Welcome Thread, here's what you need to know to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER THIS NIPPLE INCIDENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! Please make sure any guy you are with is wearing a condom. If he doesn't want to wear one, don't have intercourse with him. Any guy who cares about you will use a condom at your request. Don't let them try to convince you otherwise - you're worth more than that.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 08:47:00 pm »
Hi, Ann:

thank you for your kind words. I will definitely do what you have suggested about using condoms.with regards to the peeled skin of my nipples, I'm not worried about it too much now as I was told that the peeling skin from the nipple was only a broken skin on epidermis not dermis hence no blood stream will be exposed at the peeled off skin section. Hence even HIV+ fluid comes into contact with this part of the skin, there is not risk as it wouldn't enter the bloodstream after all. Do you think it makes sense at all?

thanks once again for all of you here,You guys are really great!

Alice

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 08:53:25 pm »
In order for HIV to enter the blood stream it has to penetrate several layers of skin, this did not happen in your case..you were not at risk, HIV is not transmitted this way

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 11:22:58 pm »
Alice, Alice, Alice...

Please listen to what Ann, Anniebc and Andy have said. You DO NOT get HIV this way. There is nothing to worry about. HIV is not an easy disease to get and you don't get it by involving yourself in kissing, nipple sucking or any other things like that....and let's not forget that you don't even know if the guy had HIV or not!

I imagine that part of this is driven by a thought that all viruses are equal and that exposure to a bodily fluid leads to a risk of contracting the disease.

While it might be very hard for you to understand, please know that like animals on this planet, all viruses are different and exist in different places. The Flu virus infects cells of the respiratory pathway - and as such are commonly found in high quantities in the liquids of the mouth. So high are the quantities that the normal anti-pathogenic properties of saliva are swamped and the person is teeming with virus. For Hepatitis C, the liver is a factory of virus and it spills virus out into the blood system like smoke from a fire. However, you can kiss someone with Hepatitis C and not get it because the virus is in the blood - not the saliva. Likewise HIV is a blood borne virus - produced mainly in the gut from immune cells that guard against HIV infection from things you eat. If you look for it hard enough, you might be able to find HIV in the saliva - but no study has ever shown that it is active.

This brings me to a final point. For viruses, there is a spectrum of stability. Some viruses are quite stable and can exist outside of the body for a while. In solution, some viruses can exist for a long time - and this helps them be transmitted. HIV lies near the bottom of the stability spectrum. The virus does such a poor job at reproducing itself, that many of the viral particles found are not capable of infecting a cell. For HIV the estimation is that for every 1000 viruses, only one can lead to a productive infection (ie infect a cell so that it then produces copies of the virus).

So with all of the above you might wonder why HIV ever got as bad as it did world wide. Well, HIV exists in semen - and to a lesser extend in vaginal fluids. The genitals are also bathed in target cells that HIV needs to establish infection. So sex can be boiled down to the fact that you are injecting virus onto the cells it needs for infection. With it's poor stability and majority of defective particles, even this isn't enough to pass HIV. Various factors come into play but a single unprotected sexual act between an infected and a non-infected partnet normally doesn't lead to infection. Anal sex is the most common way of passing the virus, then insertive vaginal sex...but even for these it takes multiple exposures and one single act is not normally enough and statistics show that it can take hundreds of exposures to get infected. Even in nurses who get stuck with needles from HIV positive patients only get infected once in every 300 times. That is taking a needle with infected HIV blood and stabbing it into someone.

No study of patients who have got HIV has ever revealed that they got it from kissing. And don't think that you are the first to have flaky skin somewhere. It's never happend and it's not likely to happen.

So given all of the above, knowing that HIV replicates inside the body, that the viruses are mostly defective, that not every sexual act (the most common way to get it) leads to productive infection, that no active virus has ever been found in saliva from patients and that nobody ever got it in the way you describe.

What do you think of your oral experience with someone who you don't even know was HIV positive? Although it was never said that way - that's why we all think this was a nothing incident - no matter what you can dream up.

Now I've written a lot up there. I'm taking a chance on you. I'm hoping that this convinces you that you are being irrational. I will NOT respond to any "yes, but what if..." like comments. So consider this my last word on your case. You are being irrational, for all of the reasons I have indicated.

R
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:26:58 pm by HIVworker »

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 08:47:59 pm »
Good evening all:

I really totally forgot this incident and managed to put it behind me truly after all your kind and helpful words above..however, I felt worried again when I saw some pimple-like red dots on my chest and upper back. There are 3 in front and 5 at the back with about 10cm apart from each. My skin is very fair so I can see them easily even they were not so red at the beginning.They don't itch and are not flat either(i.e a bit up from the skin). I accidently scratched one of the 3 in front chest and it had a blood head (not bleeding but red, really like pimple). it has been 3 weeks from the incident, could this red dots be the ARS-related rash? I don't have any other symptoms like flu, diarreha, ulcer, sweat, swallen gland etc.

how do you all think? I am a bit worried again....
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 08:51:01 pm by aliceworried »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 08:59:52 pm »
You are headed for a timeout. You were told several times that you did not have a risk of contracting HIV.  Reread the following that is found in the posting guidelines.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 09:21:47 pm »
Thanks for the reminder, Rapidrod.I will definitely vanish after I hear other experts, such as Andy, Ann? on these pimple-like red dots..do they sound like ARS related Rash?

millions of thanks!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 10:47:17 pm by aliceworried »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 08:25:55 am »
Yah, yah, yah. Give it up, man! You didn't have a risk, and no those dots are not what the ARS rash is like. If you are going to continue to check out every event that happens to your body through a mindset looking for HIV SYMPTOMS!, you are going to make yourself really nutz.

You didn't have risk, HIV is not an issue for you and you need to get on with your life.

Period. End of story.

You are heading towards a Time Out here.
Andy Velez

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 09:10:56 pm »
Dearest all, Millions of thanks for your all kind help to me!

The reason why I came back is I just tested negative last week (almost 17 weeks mark). Please don't flame me because I just wanted to get a peaceful mind over this. May I know if I can truely rely on this 17 weeks negative result and fully put this behind me from now onwards?

thanks again. you guys are great!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 09:17:59 pm »

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 09:45:37 pm »
OK, what I try to find out is if a 17weeks negative is a conclusive result I can reply on because I saw 6 month as a final mark from many other website including CDC's (I am 30 yr old with no major illness). Please confirm...millions of thank you!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 10:04:57 pm »
Unless you have had an organ transplant or treatment for cancer or are a longtime intravenous drug user, (all of which are reasons to test until 6 months), unless any of those apply, then YES, you are conclusively HIV negative.

Period. End of story. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline curiousgirl19

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 05:08:57 am »
My experience is kind of like this one but the skin on my nipples actually broke and I could see slight traces of blood afterwards. Would this put me at risk of HIV transmission? Please reply as soon as possible !!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 06:16:59 am »
Curious,

If you read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to before posting, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Please do not post questions that you have about your own concerns in another person's thread. This is called thread hijacking and we do not encourage this practice.

You need to go to the main Am I Infected forum index page and click on the new topic button. Your question will not be answered until you start your own topic thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 06:44:24 am »
Dearest all, I went to test after all to clear all my worries at 6th month mark. It turned out negative. I felt really released after the result.However, I am a bit curious to know if the fact I had hep-B before will somehow affect the accuracy of the negative result? could any residual hep-B antigen or antibodies in my blood(or any other antigen or antibodies or proteins or amino acid) happen to react with possible HIV antibodies (kinda of making HIV antibody hidden to be tested) in my blood so that the testing strip failed to pick the actual HIV antibodies up hence false negative??

I went to ask this concern to the testing clinic, the doctor told me there are two kinds of antigen-antibody reaction: specific and non-specific.In a person's normal blood, there may be many antibodies and antigens. When my finger blood is put onto the HIV testing strip, it is possible that nonspecific binding between antigen and antibodies take place (including non HIV antigens reacting with HIV antibodies or vice versa). However, this nonspecific binding won't stop the specific reaction/binding between acutal HIV antibodies and artificially made HIV antigen on the testing strip (i.e. the nonspecific binding is on a very weak connection and it will break up easily so that to let the specific binding take place).

Do you think he is right on this? if he is indeed right, assume there is indeed HIV antibodies in my blood and some nonspecific binding/reaction did occur between this HIV antibodies and hep-B antigen or whatever other antigen in my blood, will this nonspecific binding not stop the specific binding between HIV-antibodies and artificially made HIV-antigen? I expect an No to this question so that I can be sure that my negative is indeed a truly negative.

I understand that I am told my exposure is very minimal and I shouldn't have kept posting here to ask question. However, I am just too scared of HIV and felt quity on this. I would very much like to clear this 100% and 100% believe in this negative result.

thank you for your patience and great help always,

cheers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 07:10:36 am »
Alice,

If you had hiv antibodies in your blood, you would have tested hiv positive, regardless of having hep B or any other illness.

You are conclusively hiv negative. We knew this months ago. You never had a risk in the first place.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 09:35:21 am »
thank you so much for your kind word, Ann. I am sorry but I really would like to know your thoughts on my earlier antigen-antibody reaction question, is it true nonspecific binding will never stop or affect the specific binding during antigen-antibodies reaction. ie. even HIV antibody react with some other antigen in a non-specific binding, it will eventually react with HIV antigen and break the binding with the non-HIV antigen(amino acid, protein whatever), am i right?

thanks again and I have already told myself this is indeed my last thought/concern over this. I will let it go after I understand the issue...thank you! :'(

Alice,

If you had hiv antibodies in your blood, you would have tested hiv positive, regardless of having hep B or any other illness.

You are conclusively hiv negative. We knew this months ago. You never had a risk in the first place.

Ann

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 09:42:51 am »
Alice,

All this talk of binding and whatnot is a load of hoakum. If this type of thing were a problem when testing for hiv, we'd know about it by now. I've never heard of such a thing.

Having another illness such as hep B will not stop you testing hiv positive if you do indeed have hiv. I had a pre-existing hep C infection and I tested hiv positive because I AM hiv positive. I know many people who had pre-existing hep B who tested hiv positive because they ARE hiv positive.

Sometimes another illness (or pregnancy) can cause a false positive result, but it won't cause false negative results.

It's high time you accepted that you do  not have hiv and got on with your life. As you've been repeatedly told, you didn't have a risk for hiv infection in the first place. Make sure you always use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you won't have a risk in future either.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 09:56:27 am »
Dearest Ann:

I deeply appreciate your words. You have been always helpful to all worried souls. Your words work even they didn't answer me straight. Thank you!

Wish you all the best and have a great day!!

Yours,
Alice

Alice,

All this talk of binding and whatnot is a load of hoakum. If this type of thing were a problem when testing for hiv, we'd know about it by now. I've never heard of such a thing.

Having another illness such as hep B will not stop you testing hiv positive if you do indeed have hiv. I had a pre-existing hep C infection and I tested hiv positive because I AM hiv positive. I know many people who had pre-existing hep B who tested hiv positive because they ARE hiv positive.

Sometimes another illness (or pregnancy) can cause a false positive result, but it won't cause false negative results.

It's high time you accepted that you do  not have hiv and got on with your life. As you've been repeatedly told, you didn't have a risk for hiv infection in the first place. Make sure you always use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you won't have a risk in future either.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 01:11:05 am »
Dear Ann:

This is a separate incident and I hope I could get some advices from you or other moderators. I signed up a slimming package at a spa (it is a very decent spa although it's open for men also, I don't think they are like other which provides sex if there is one in the region). The massage lady was doing a Javaness hard oil massage on my back (one step of the slimming process). On my shoulder, I have a 1cm long skin scratch  and it is partially healed with a visible red mark. I can feel the pain if I apply any alcohol on it (I tried it afterwards, it is indeed painful). So I guess it is considered as broken skin. NOW, I came to know that the massage lady had a 2cm thin and paper cut like cut on her palm (YES, I checked her hands after the massage). it wasn't bleeding while she was giving the oil massage and she didn't notice the cut either. She told me she probably got it when she was cooking the night before. But according to her, she never felt the pain or any sort like that. To be honest, I tried to think through if there is any of her body fluid coming out from that thin paper cut, but I failed..But I think it qualifies as a broken skin too? So this is a broken skin to broken skin contact?

Now my question is: if this forms any sort of infection to me through the partially healed scratch on my shoulder if there is any body fluid coming out from her thin paper cut? She was applying a considerable amount of aromatic oil on my back during the massage as well.

I am so thankful to hear any kind of comments or advices on this. I am really having a bad time..sometimes, I really have no mood to work, study etc although I really wish I could get on with life..

very appreciate your kind words really!

Alice  :'(
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 01:21:34 am by aliceworried »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2009, 02:30:48 am »
Move on.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2009, 05:41:05 am »
Alice,

You've been coming here long enough now to know that what you're describing is absolutley NOT a risk for hiv infection.

It sounds like you are quickly sliding into hiv obsession. I suggest you seek professional mental health care with a therapist for that. We cannot provide that type of help here.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline aliceworried

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2010, 11:18:26 pm »
Dearest all:

I know it has been a while so I decided to take a final HIV test to settle everything behind me. BUT, something annoying me again happened.

I went to a HIV test centre by using finger blood. After taking my blood, the volunteer put a plaster on my finger to stop the blood. I can't remember if the plaster was a new one. but I did remember the volunteer took off the two white plastic pieces covering the sticky parts of the plaster in order to paste the plaster on my finger (This may reduce the chance of the plaster being a used one since it still had the two plastic pads covering the sticky parts, but still I can't be sure it is a brand new one).

Now what I worry is: if someone dropped any blood/fluid containing HIV (either intentional / unintentional) onto the plaster before I went in to draw blood from finger, would there even be a remote possibility to get me infected through the lance pricked hole on my finger?

Also, i know the plaster has antiseptic material on the cotten/fabric section, may I know if even there were HIV virus on it, it would have been killed on the plaster?

I have waited for my time-out to post this question and really appreciate your kind advices on this.

thank you all moderators!!  :'(
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 12:35:48 am by aliceworried »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 04:48:14 am »
Seek professional mental help.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 08:35:26 am »
We're not going to get on to another merry-go-round of what ifs and worries that have no basis in HIV science. If you come back with more of this nonsense...and yes, it is nonsense..., you will very quickly find yourself either getting another Time Out or being banned permanently from the site.

There is no sensible basis in HIV science to justify this latest cocerrn you have presented. Get on with your life. And as Rod suggested, get professional help if you can't let go of this concern.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.