Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:04:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 648
Total: 649

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Bah, my cat is going to be eight next Wednesday.  (Read 4213 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Bah, my cat is going to be eight next Wednesday.
« on: August 22, 2006, 10:31:35 pm »
<.<;. He's oooold. Not too old though. But I remember when he was not even a year old.

We pretty much have grown up together. Since I was little, he's always been there. O.o;.

When I went to the SPCA to get a cat, I had no idea I'd get him. xD. I wanted a CALICO or a TABBY. Haha. And I wanted a girl cat. (I was one of those kids that identified cats as girls and dogs as boys. O.o;). When we got inside my mom was like. Okay. Pick your cat out. So I looked at BUNCHES of cats and eventually there was a little grey tabby kitten female that I LOVED. I played with her for a LONG time. Her name was Julie. She was gentle and playful and cute and healthy and affectionate. =). Even for a little kitten. My mom figured I wanted her, and I thought I did, too.

But I decided to go back into the room with the 'big cats' again, and looked this big black cat in the eyes. Earlier I had taken him out and held him and he clawed my back. <.<; But I asked to see him again and held him and put my head against his waaarm furry body and erm. Yeah. That was it. He was mine. :3. I can't remember an experience I had that was more like... fuzzy and warm than that. Haha.

He's gotten bigger and a little plumper since then but he's still my kitten.  ;D

He curls up in bed with me EVERY night and usually lets me lay on his stomach and use him as a pillow. He chases after invisible bugs! He grooms my rats!

He's a good kitty. :3. Just letting everyone know. Haha.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Bah, my cat is going to be eight next Wednesday.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 10:33:30 pm »
Please post photos of your cat grooming your rats! Seriously, I need to remind myself that it's still a crazy world, and anything is possible :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 10:35:34 pm »
I promise that the next time he does it I'll grab my camera and take some pictures for you.  ;D

Offline Teresa

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 10:38:31 pm »
He looks exactally like a cat that I had.

My cats name was Blackie and he loved everyone except my sister, her hubby and their 2 daughters. Don't know what it was about them but he would attack their ankles and hiss at them everytime they came around.

It scared the shit out of them but i thought it was funny..especially my brother in law....LOL

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 10:39:44 pm »
What an original name.  :D  :P

My cat's name is Zachary Binx after the cat in the Disney movie Hocus Pocus.

Again. I was little.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 10:44:53 pm »
Yeah i know...LOL..

My kids named him. They were around 4 and 6 years old when we got him.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 02:54:20 am »
Gee, I've completely forgotten how old Baby, my black cat, is, but he must have been born in 2000 or 2001.  He's the 3rd oldest of my 12 cats -- Dottie comes in first at 9 years old, Baby is about 5 or 6, Minnie is 5, Kinky is 4, Bootsy is about 7 (she was an adult when I adopted her), Biddie is 3, Sookie and Rusty are about 1 year old, and Zippy, Pinky, Itchy, and Scratchy will be 3 months on September 6.

Buddy is my oldest dog at 15, Teddy is next at about 9-10 (another adult when he entered the clan), Gracie is 8, and Boo (Boo Radlley, actually) is 3.  Carmen, the boxer who lives with my current houseguest, is 10, and today I picked up Jack, who is 2 and will be staying with us until we find him a permanent home. 

Except for the 4 kittens (an unexpected and unplanned pregnancy on the part of Sookie, who came into the house in late April and gave birth June 6 -- my 06/06/06 kittens, all males, all very bad!) everyone has come from the streets.  Luckily I've been doing a lot of volunteer work with Animal Rescue New Orleans http://www.ar-no.org this last year so I get to see and interact with a lot more animals than I could adopt. 

Boo

String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.